Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

My old hometown of Harrow has the first UK Dunkin Donuts. It closed after 2 years. :(

About a decade ago we were visiting London and were shocked and amused to see a Krispy Kreme in Harrods.

Edit: Element 115 was first reported 2003, and named Moscovium by the IUPAC in 2016.

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Ms Adequate posted:

They're growing apace so hopefully it won't be too much longer because I can get some Taco Baco in loving Leicester.

I mean really, they gave one to Portsmouth first? Rotherham? Basildon?

It's an insult and a disgrace.

One thing I miss desperately about the US is taquitos, god I'd kill for some of them.
Sheffield has something like three of the bastards, please take some of ours

E: Oh oops I thought you said Taco Bell, I have no idea what Taco Baco is

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

feedmegin posted:

Comedy option, without apointing a PM Liz is her own prime minister, she can do it herself

I thought you meant Truss for a second there, that would be entertaining at least

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

OwlFancier posted:

Why is there not a canadian franchise called chick fil eh?

"In 1996, the Canadian Human Rights Act was amended to specifically include sexual orientation as one of the prohibited grounds of discrimination."

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

i am shocked, shocked! how could they do this, so unexpected, who could have foreseen it, and so on

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

TACD posted:

Sheffield has something like three of the bastards, please take some of ours

E: Oh oops I thought you said Taco Bell, I have no idea what Taco Baco is

I consistently forget not everyone is as Incredibly Online as I am

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

This looks a lot like the work of noted wife choker and advertising shop Saatchi & Saatchi. Glad to see the tories are still fine with going for the throat.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Remember when that Tory momentum that lasted a few months actually did #meme in one of their meme tweets.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Does anyone know if the foreign language films shown at Cineworld always have English subtitles?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

StarkingBarfish posted:

This looks a lot like the work of noted wife choker and advertising shop Saatchi & Saatchi. Glad to see the tories are still fine with going for the throat.

Nah, apparently they've hired some failchild who was involved with Turning Point UK for the 10 seconds that was a thing to do their social media.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
jesus loving christ that's a bad campaign slogan :ughh:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

forkboy84 posted:

Nah, apparently they've hired some failchild who was involved with Turning Point UK for the 10 seconds that was a thing to do their social media.

Not surprised tbh. It's just so cheap to go for the visceral. I look forward to the next round where corbyn is accused of having cooties or something.

Trevellian
Apr 27, 2007

Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!

feedmegin posted:

Comedy option, without apointing a PM Liz is her own prime minister, she can do it herself

Yes, if Boris did pull some shenanigans like this or refusing to ask for an extension in defiance of the law, then Her Majesty could potentially go and ask the EU for an extension:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49040128

Relevant part:

"Under EU law only two representatives of a member state can attend and negotiate on behalf of a member state at the European Council: head of government or head of state. So we could simply request that the Queen goes and submits the request for the extension."

It would be an extraordinary step though, given that the monarch normally stays as far away from political matters as possble.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/markdistef/status/1170017834593857538?s=21

My word.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Elephant and Castle has a large population of Colombian immigrants, and there are some great places around there. Went to one place where the menus were all in Spanish and had to dust off my limited Duolingo knowledge to order.

Recommend Chatica’s right outside the station. Really friendly folks run it too :coffeepal:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

:chanpop:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That is a level of savagery I'm not used from the CIF crew.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Something good written in the guardian? This loving week is absolutely incredible.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Man, Marina is usually a least somewhat amusing but that was just absolutely brutal.

Oh dear, that makes three guardian columists I actually like. Time to go read some Rob Liddle to counterbalance.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Puntification posted:

Something good written in the guardian? This loving week is absolutely incredible.

Who would have thought that Boris Johnson could not only unite the country but reconstitute melts into the solid form of a backbone.

Boris has committed more powerful self owns than anything Theresa May could ever have hoped for in a mere fraction of the time.

^^^ E: might I recommend the time he thought about being a teacher?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Is Frankie Boyle ghost writing for Marina these days? Jesus christ that's brutal in the best possible way

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/katyballs/status/1170045293552967686?s=21

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Someone I know got this through in lewisham

edit: one sec will ask her if it's some lib dem poo poo or something

NLJP fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 6, 2019

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

This can't be real. Please?

OTOH this is Real Good.

RabidWeasel fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 6, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?s=21

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ms Adequate posted:

I consistently forget not everyone is as Incredibly Online as I am

Eef freef

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/SayeedaWarsi/status/1170019623305170945

https://twitter.com/SayeedaWarsi/status/1169966320743538689

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

RabidWeasel posted:

This can't be real. Please?

OTOH this is Real Good.

Mind editing out who I said it was sent me this? Could be a slightly bigger deal and, well, the internet.

She says it was lewisham council itself, I asked her for a pic of the other side.

edit: thanks!

NLJP fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 6, 2019

clear eyes full farts
Jul 3, 2007

the uk is just awful
It's a fake democracy
with free education and healthcare as long as you are a dosser and I am trapped here :(

Slammy posted:

So, I know there may be some small political things going on. But I need to know, as a stupid American, did the Irish among you really do that “Rock the Boat” dance like in Derry Girls?

Be kind, I bruise easily.

Confirming this both was and, on occasion, still is a thing.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Warsi isn't a memelord. Good to know.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Nah, keep posting KFC related memes about Jez - it serves so perfectly into eradicating your party’s existence from the face of the earth.

Apparently the far right is planning protests tomorrow, with the football lads circlejerk group being quite vocal. So basically it won’t be a protest but an excuse to bash some foreigners.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Miftan posted:

Warsi isn't a memelord. Good to know.
Baroness Waluigi.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

On the one hand, Baroness Warsi, your party has always been poo poo.

On the other, it does seem more spectacularly so these days.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/PermaConfused/status/1170053997635538944?s=19

"Purely aesthetic reasons"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I just don't want anyone to miss the phrase "cool like fonzies".

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/first-time-my-life-im-frightened-be-jewish/

quote:

For the first time in my life, I'm frightened to be Jewish
And non-Jews attacking the Labour party aren't helping

I am 58 years old, and for the first time in my life, I am frightened to be Jewish.

We live in a time when racism is being normalized, when Nazis parade in the streets in Europe and America; Jew baiters like Hungary's Orban are treated as respectable players on the international scene, “white nationalist” propagandist Steve Bannon can openly coordinate scare-mongering tactics with Boris Johnson in London at the same time as in Pittsburg, murderers deluded by white nationalist propaganda are literally mowing Jews down with automatic weapons. How is it, then, that our political class has come to a consensus that the greatest threat to Britain's Jewish community is a lifelong anti-racist accused of not being assiduous enough in disciplining party members who make offensive comments on the internet?

For almost all my Jewish friends, this is what is currently creating the greatest and most immediate sense of trepidation, even more than the actual Nazis: the apparently endless campaign by politicians like Margaret Hodge, Wes Streeting, and Tom Watson to weaponize antisemitism accusations against the current leadership of the Labour party. It is a campaign – which however it started, has been sustained primarily by people who are not themselves Jewish – so cynical and irresponsible that I genuinely believe it to be a form of antisemitism in itself. And it is a clear and present danger to Jewish people.

To any of these politicians who may be reading this, I am begging you: if you really do care about Jews, please, stop this.

etc

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Purely (((aesthetic))) reasons.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

NLJP posted:

Mind editing out who I said it was sent me this? Could be a slightly bigger deal and, well, the internet.

She says it was lewisham council itself, I asked her for a pic of the other side.

edit: thanks!

False alarm, definitely not official lewisham council mail. Dunno who these groups are, anyway good flier even if the back is pretty amateur

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NLJP posted:

False alarm, definitely not official lewisham council mail. Dunno who these groups are, anyway good flier even if the back is pretty amateur

Seems to be part of a group called European Movement, who share an office with the Peoples Vote lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Well that's a loving murder.

British snark and wit continues to be your greatest export.