Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Montgomery looked good last night but he only got like 4 touches for some reason? Run the ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm just saying the Bears defense is ferocious and Rodgers handled it well enough to win. He's not gonna be contained like that very often.

I agree that the Bears defense was ferocious, but not that he "handled" it. He had 203 yards and one td with 60% completion that could've been a lot higher. I'm not gonna go back and count but I think 4 badly misses short passes minimum. For the most part, the Bears handled themselves because the offense is so bad.

Besides, I'm talking about short throws with no interference that should be easy completions. I'm sure he'll get better throughout the year, but it's a fact that he was not good yesterday

Pokemaster #421 posted:

yeah he usually takes a good 3 games to really start clicking, or at least that's how it's been in seasons past. Now if it's like week 7 and the offense still looks like poop from a butt then it's prob time to get a little worried. Until then not setting the world on fire the first game back with a completely new offensive system against what's almost certainly the best defense in the NFL is not that big of a shock. Actually having a defense that creates pressure and gets stops sure as hell is though

Yeah I agree. It was enough to win this time but it's definitely going to need to get better. He was also sacked 5 times, so it could be that the pressure was getting to him and some teams with weaker defensive lines should be easier. It's lucky for the Packers and La Fleur to get a win here but obviously they'll have to continue to improve if they want to get anywhere

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Offensive Revolution requires more passing

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

tebow playoff wins: 1
trubisky playoff wins: 0

cut trubs, it's tebow time

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/MichaelKistNFL/status/1169999496186667010?s=19

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

This left off 4 or 5 of the passes that should have been ints but the packers dropped.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I only saw the second half, but there were times when it didn't look like Trubs could complete the route tree.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

I only saw the second half, but there were times when it didn't look like Trubs could complete the route tree.

If the guy he locked into in the first 2 seconds wasn't open he'd bomb it to the sideline or 6 yards ahead of a double covered receiver up the middle

Then the NBC camera guy would give it a wide angle shot from the sideline as if to paint a cinematic picture of despair and nausea

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

My favorite part was on the INT where the ball was like halfway there and Collinsworth says Uh-oh.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sweet thursday posted:

If the guy he locked into in the first 2 seconds wasn't open he'd bomb it to the sideline or 6 yards ahead of a double covered receiver up the middle

Then the NBC camera guy would give it a wide angle shot from the sideline as if to paint a cinematic picture of despair and nausea

And then Collinsworth would talk about Trubs being the smartest guy in the room when they met. Which is probably true.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FizFashizzle posted:

They spent the first 5 minutes of so of the game talking about his improved footwork over last season, and then he had the kind of game that would have went down as historically bad if the packers defenders didn't drop everything that came their way. Green bay DBs got hit in the numbers with multiple balls and there was one tipped pass that nearly got picked, too.

He did not look at all like an NFL qb last night.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He looked like a rookie. In his third year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

And then Collinsworth would talk about Trubs being the smartest guy in the room when they met. Which is probably true.

I dunno why anyone ever conflates football smart and actually smart. Most of the great QB's are kinda dumb as hell and all the super educated guys are loving morons who get themselves killed (Fitzpatrick)

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Last night I was in a bar and every time the Packers did something bad or the Bears did something good, the bar cheered. When the Packers did something good or the Bears did something bad, I made sure to cheer loudly and clap while wearing my titletown t-shirt.

Nobody liked me. :smug:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

if they were the only ones in that room I think we can assume it was in fact true

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FizFashizzle posted:

He can't. From the moment the ball is snapped, his vision is laser-locked on his intended target and the entire opposing secondary can see it (which is why the Packers should have had like seven interceptions last night). It's a minor miracle if he gets to a second read. He's had this issue--plus his inability to slide when he runs, because he literally doesn't know how--since his rookie year.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Pace is overrated but the team is a decent QB away from being a contender.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Trubisky has always been bad. He had a couple good games last year against bad teams that inflated his stats. But any team with a competent defense just destroyed him. And once they figured out that all you have to do is keep him in the pocket, he was done in the NFL. He was horrendous in his last few games last season and looked worse than a rookie last night.

This isn't surprising either. The reports out of camp from independent media was that he looked like hot garbage. He's a one read QB in his 3rd year with poor accuracy.

And the bashing of their receivers is unwarranted. Miller is really good but wasn't used much in the game. And he was probably not the first read so there was no chance he was getting a ball thrown to him. The Bears legit have a good receiving core and with a halfway decent QB like Foles probably have a top-10 offense.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Niwrad posted:

And the bashing of their receivers is unwarranted. Miller is really good but wasn't used much in the game. And he was probably not the first read so there was no chance he was getting a ball thrown to him. The Bears legit have a good receiving core and with a halfway decent QB like Foles probably have a top-10 offense.

I wasn't bashing Miller I just legit thought that he must've been injured because I didn't see a pass thrown his way the whole game. Maybe he was one of the "intended recipients" of a pass that landed ten feet out of bounds or something

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

scuz posted:

Last night I was in a bar and every time the Packers did something bad or the Bears did something good, the bar cheered. When the Packers did something good or the Bears did something bad, I made sure to cheer loudly and clap while wearing my titletown t-shirt.

Nobody likes these people in general regardless of fandom

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I like how Pace put together a really talented receiving core (even drafted Ridley) and Nagy decides to make loving Cordarrelle Patterson a huge focal point.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
mitch "Mr. biscuit" trubinsky :cool:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Hackenberg, is that you...?

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 6, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

7 handoffs after the first two possessions. Teams that stray from establishing the run shall be punished, mark my words

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Tebow is unironically a better QB than Trubs and less resources were spent to acquire him

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

My favorite was when Collinsworth was gushing all night about this Packers Olineman David Bakhtiari all game and then the guy immediately gets 2 holding penalties, gets bullrushed and gets Rodgers sacked.

I love when Fate intervenes and makes whoever Collinsworth is talking about suddenly temporarily suck.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I feel like the league leader in passing yards in the 2019 NFL regular season isn't getting nearly enough credit in this thread. That's more passing yards than every single quarterback in the NFL has so far this regular season. 228 more than Brady, more than Mahomes, more than Andrew Luck will throw for ALL YEAR.

Feels pretty unfair to ask more of Trubisky than that.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

BGrifter posted:

I feel like the league leader in passing yards in the 2019 NFL regular season isn't getting nearly enough credit in this thread. That's more passing yards than every single quarterback in the NFL has so far this regular season. 228 more than Brady, more than Mahomes, more than Andrew Luck will throw for ALL YEAR.

Feels pretty unfair to ask more of Trubisky than that.

alas though that with all those yards he couldn't throw forty yards when his team needed it for a first down

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

scuz posted:

drat dude you arent fuckin around

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/scottzolak/status/1170036187043696642

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

7 handoffs after the first two possessions. Teams that stray from establishing the run shall be punished, mark my words

The new hotness is establishing the pass to setup the run.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Old news. Come on.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

How many times does it have to be said that this is a shot of the Bears at Lambeau from last year?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Timby posted:

How many times does it have to be said that this is a shot of the Bears at Lambeau from last year?

i dont think anybody cares because its still hilarious

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Timby posted:

Never again hopefully

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Timby posted:

When it stops being funny

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Slowpoke! posted:

He had a good second season especially if you factor in his rushing numbers and the fact that he missed two full games.

Mahomes and Watson look much better though, which is pretty damning.

OTOH: Mr. Titties numbers are even worse if you dont include the game against the Mike Smith Bucs

Tebow won a playoff game :colbert:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

scuz posted:

Wow sick bro, surprised you were free to do this with all the time you spend calling into sports radio stations and introducing yourself as an "NFL owner"

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i was in a place where people were watching their favorite sports team and when they got happy i didn't do anything because i did not like their favorite sports team

jokes on them my favorite sports team was the other team, and when they would do well i would get loud and bring attention to the merchandise i was adorned with, which had logos and catchphrases about my favorite sports team on it

i have owned them all severely, the fans of the other sports team. they were all together and having fun, lots of fun.

but not me. i was alone and by myself, disliking their favorite sports team. i completely destroyed them while they were having lots of fun together while i was alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I love to like sport steams