Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Suck it, Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Trubs aint lasting this year

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
What an utter poo poo show. Great way to start the season

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Lost in how Trubes look was how bad the Packers are

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1169814859774488577

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

2 bad teams

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
titty kisser sucks rear end

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the chicago behrs should bring back Kyle Orton

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Here lies Mitch: he never kissed dem tiddies.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I regret every minute I spent watching that game.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

The Bears are last year's Jags.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
There has been 2 TDs scored in the past 8 NFL quarters.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Its the nfls loving fault for showing us this instead of the cardinals, but arizona would definitely poo poo the bed on a thursday night season opener so whatever

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I mean, I like basically everything about this team except for the QB

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

We hit peak TNF in the first TNF

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so i didn't watch the game but looking at the box score did the Bears move Tarik Cohen to WR because he had 8 receptions but no rushing attempts

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, I like basically everything about this team except for the QB

Cohen kinda sucked tonight, they weren't getting any of the sweep motions or other backfield shenanigans working and then it was just some wideouts that kinda suck and allen robinson

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I've seen this game a dozen times over, but it's always been a college game. Seeing it happen in the pros... sure was something.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1169814790958698496?s=19

And one 1st and 40

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how many games does Mitch get at this rate? does he last past halloween if the Bears are under .500?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Alaois posted:

so i didn't watch the game but looking at the box score did the Bears move Tarik Cohen to WR because he had 8 receptions but no rushing attempts

charitably I think he was a distraction but green bay was not letting the stuff in the backfield fool them and it worked

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

He had one rushing attempt but there was a hold on the play if I remember right.

He was mostly lining up in the slot though it looked like. Not sure if that's permanent or was just an idea to get him on the field at the same time as the other backs that I kept noticing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mitchell Trubisky is a hell of a bust and is going to cost the Bears the playoffs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

seriously did they just not hand the ball off to him a single time, telegraphing immediately that if he was on the field it was to be a pass catcher and completely missing the point of a receiving back

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

indigi posted:

how many games does Mitch get at this rate? does he last past halloween if the Bears are under .500?

Hes a 3rd year player who had a good year 2 calm down

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They traded up to draft him over Mahomes....

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Football's back baby, awooooo (wolf howl)

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Mitchell Trubisky threw the ball 46 times that game and we all (I think) lived through it. We are invincible.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Mitch Trubisky is bad and the Bears offense is bad

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/NOTSportsCenter/status/1169807118515527682

1st and 40

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Metapod posted:

He did?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
[clears throat]

lol bears

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Alaois posted:

seriously did they just not hand the ball off to him a single time, telegraphing immediately that if he was on the field it was to be a pass catcher and completely missing the point of a receiving back

IF they can get it working it might be better than telegraphing a run like last year with jordan howard but in practice it seems like it's not gonna work

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Metapod posted:

you have a very liberal definition of "good"

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

mcmagic posted:

They traded up to draft him over Mahomes....

And Watson.

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010
the bears will still go to the playoffs and its not because they are good

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cris was saying how mack was neutralized but they'd just run away from him and some fat dude would squish the rb. obviously it worked well enough for green bay but mack was impactful

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Trubs had that one drive that was pretty good...minus the interception at the end of it that was entirely his fault.

So you know, .9 of a drive out of 12 game drives, ok ok ok

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

wandler20 posted:

And Watson.

Never been a big Watson fan.

Dr. Cuddles posted:

the bears will still go to the playoffs and its not because they are good

They could be 3-5 easily.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh god I just realized the last two NFL games I watched (that counted) were that Super Bowl and this game.

Maybe football is dead.