Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sage Grimm posted:

So there's two types of matter, normal and exotic. Both makes the black hole bigger (and increasing the power gained from it) but only exotic will eventually allow you to Big Bang and/or burn all of the exotic collected to multiply the size for greater gains later. The two materials that are Exotic enough for the ejector are Elerium and Infernite and you'll need 0.025. Starting from 1/1 and building to about 4/3 I was able to move on in ~3 days

It does need a bit more to do while you're waiting around, though.

Why is none of this explained ANYWHERE aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Welcome to the age of discord and transitory knowledge!

EDIT: Also dumb is checking the version number occasionally to determine that Mantis are no longer garbage tier, replacing Frail with Cannibalism. Not that the wiki has been updated to reflect this! Or any particular description to what it does except "eat your citizens for buffs!" :v:

(It's 15% buff to lumber, mining, combat rating, knowledge gain, or..healing your wounded)

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 6, 2019

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sage Grimm posted:

Welcome to the age of discord and transitory knowledge!

Yeah it just seems like there would be any indication of how it worked, like even a line like you get when you explore a planet, or in a research. I would have thrown so much stone in that hole and never gotten anywhere. This is a consistent theme with this dev though so I guess it's not surprising, just why in the world would I ever put 2 of my most valuable resources in the trash

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Alkahistorian:

if you're having trouble getting your cryospire/coolant/gale system going, the sulphur box sucks down a ton of water

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

Alkahistorian:

if you're having trouble getting your cryospire/coolant/gale system going, the sulphur box sucks down a ton of water

Also cryospire requires gale, and will drain gale as long as its going up. Also if you turn them off, as long as you have coolant they'll stay where they are, and the higher they are the more coolant they take. So for much of the game you can turn them off a bit above 1 and they'll just stay there and power most of what you need.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

GB_Sign posted:

If anyone is looking for a throwback, the official Cookie Clicker app is in Beta on Android.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.dashnet.cookieclicker

Post from Orteil: https://orteil42.tumblr.com/post/186866394810/cookie-clicker-for-android-is-now-officially-in

But does it have dungeons? :smug:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I stabilized my space output in Alkahistorian and these air seeds get made quick. I used PureAir to up my air input and this just cascaded into upgrading the other three. And now a million things unlocked at once including this gemstone thing with 20 recipes.

This is a game I never knew I wanted.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

SettingSun posted:

I stabilized my space output in Alkahistorian and these air seeds get made quick. I used PureAir to up my air input and this just cascaded into upgrading the other three. And now a million things unlocked at once including this gemstone thing with 20 recipes.

The best incremental games are those that actually engage the player, as well as having unlocking content right until the ending (also having an ending is good). Mine Defense was the classic example, although it had a larger idle component. Alkahistorian is fantastic because except for Space, you're almost never idling waiting on numbers to go up. Even when you are you can usually zip around the board looking at your production to make sure it's efficient or at least not failing because you turned blaze up too high and now you're out of coal which means you can't create energy so your coolant fell off and now your cryospires melted and......

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

SettingSun posted:

It’s a web based Factorio. And it’s glorious.

I’m struggling to get the PureFire for the final Mixer upgrade. But I wasted my steel, which I probably should have used to get the blast furnace upgraded. And I can’t get enough coal.

It’s such a fun game. I’ll be sad when I can have everything on at once.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Well I tried AlkaHistorian again (thanks thread) and I still don't understand why in stage 2 some elements decrease sometimes.
E: I should add, it's not a big deal because you quickly go past it but it's still silly when your air production suddenly goes to -100.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 6, 2019

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Conversion from one element to another in a way that isn't as easily explained from stage 1.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Don't even get me started on stage 1 element balances, where sometimes your earth is near 0 even though all your machines are working and none of them are getting closer to max capacity.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 6, 2019

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Oodles posted:

It’s a web based Factorio.

yeah this

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
How do you even begin to play the game

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jon Joe posted:

How do you even begin to play the game

https://nagshell.github.io/elemental-inception-incremental/Historian/Historian.html click this link op

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
how many ~100 plasmid runs do you do in evolve before it's a good idea to hunker down and aim for space

i've done like 7 runs by now and it seems like crispr mods are paling in comparison to hoarding plasmid to crank up the production bonus

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Well, I reached the end of Alkahistorian. The garden tends itself, I generate more Time than I spend, and my whole screen is a trippy light show. The game was the perfect length really, and the (current) lack of prestige mechanics is refreshing. What a ride.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Venuz Patrol posted:

how many ~100 plasmid runs do you do in evolve before it's a good idea to hunker down and aim for space

i've done like 7 runs by now and it seems like crispr mods are paling in comparison to hoarding plasmid to crank up the production bonus
I did maybe a dozen? I play very slowly at work though with no auto or anything so it took quite a while.

Just do it when you want to - you don't lose the option to blow yourself up so if it's taking longer than you want just push the reset. The production bonus effectively runs out at ~500 plasmid so anything above that you might as well put into crisprs until you do a space reset for phage.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is there still the one unlockable unlock, or have they finally added a final unlock?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Venuz Patrol posted:

yeah i straight up do not want to spend 325 plasmids on storage boosts, but i think the idea is to do all the crispr bonuses and then ramp up to the plasmid soft cap (~250+200 at first or something) before escaping to the one place uncorrupted by capitalism

i did a bit of spaayyyce on an earlier run but it's quite painful

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

I have clicked this link multiple times. Starting is inscrutable to me

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Randalor posted:

Is there still the one unlockable unlock, or have they finally added a final unlock?

I finished some things and I got a "You Win!" popup. There was one other recipe this unlocked, but it was just a repeatable version of the final recipe.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jon Joe posted:

Follow the blue highlights and click the pink ones

please note the game is still inscrutable to those of us who are further along

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Jon Joe posted:

For what it's worth I think it took me 20 minutes to get anything to do anything in that game, and I didn't understand the sliders at ALL to start.

Also I guess sitting around building one cottage a day in evolve with no indication of when I can prestige is uh pretty cool I guess.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Eldercain posted:

A
Also I guess sitting around building one cottage a day in evolve with no indication of when I can prestige is uh pretty cool I guess.

you'll need ~100,000 knowledge cap, but that's not as useful as the population metric, ~120-130 is where I tend to unlock the plasmid prestige with some 50ish coming from apartments. The first run is much slower than future runs because once you've reset you'll get a building that increases your production (temple) and gives other bonuses. But one cottage a day sounds way off, so I'm not sure what you're doing or how useful this is.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Eldercain's on beyond space in Evolve which is pretty much what they're describing. Idly spinning plates, which only one or two are meaningful, that will only make it faster by maybe a day!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sage Grimm posted:

Eldercain's on beyond space in Evolve which is pretty much what they're describing. Idly spinning plates, which only one or two are meaningful, that will only make it faster by maybe a day!

I mean I can MAYBE get to 4/5 if I push a ton of containers but at this point it doesn't really seem worth it to do anything about. Same with more population structures. I just wanna hot butan.

I'm considering phage on content and maybe the combat Gene?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wish soul gems were real

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Those are good phage choices, considering you're only getting the first or second level. Morale makes the greatest difference in production after you cap out on plasmids and a nudge in combat means Unity is that much more effortless. Plus you aren't RNG-hosed once you reach the auto-gene tech and can bump them to 10-11.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Aurora posted:

i wish soul gems were real

Wait then what did I give that man on Craigslist all that money for

oooooohhhhh

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:thunk:

Temple of Parents

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah i straight up do not want to spend 325 plasmids on storage boosts, but i think the idea is to do all the crispr bonuses and then ramp up to the plasmid soft cap (~250+200 at first or something) before escaping to the one place uncorrupted by capitalism

i did a bit of spaayyyce on an earlier run but it's quite painful

You have the pieces a bit jumbled I think, the goal is actually stay at 250+ preferably closer to 450 while you are buying all the Crispr bonuses.

Softcap is 250 (Diminishing returns kick in) you can have more but there is no additional benefit having more than 450. Well that is unless you do space resets. The currency you get there is literally added to the max the cap can do (so if you have 200 of it you should be at 650 plasmid)

You also do NOT need all of them that would be crazy the later ones are 999 or so. Get the storage ones and the ones "to the right" the important bit is actually what is unlocked from the worthless looking ones that make the short evolution part of the game faster. They are really cheap and should probably intrigue you to take a look beyond them early on hopefully. At least I think that's what the dev's goal was there.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

in Alkahistorian, how do I get the stages after the PureEarth/Fire/Water/Air?

I've still got a few question marks around for upgrades, but none are glowing blue. Except my masonry, and I can't think that'll help.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pixaal posted:

You have the pieces a bit jumbled I think, the goal is actually stay at 250+ preferably closer to 450 while you are buying all the Crispr bonuses

yes i got them the wrong way round. no point denying yourself your plasmid bonuses for no reason

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Doing my first space run in evolve. Ive got a few upgrades and 500 plasmids.

Do i need the gps sat? so i lose the benefit of my 4 sats?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the gps satellite gives you +1% trade route profitability for each satt after 3

i was fuckin furious when i found out what it did

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

so no to gps sat ok.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Yeah GPS sats are hilariously bad. You do want normal science sats though as they give a bunch of cap.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the gps satellite gives you +1% trade route profitability for each satt after 3

i was fuckin furious when i found out what it did

It's extremely bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Oh man, im gimped by titanium and the space materials >< im thinking of self destructing.

How far in space do i need to get to reset?