Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

applepay is real good yeah. my only complaint is that it’s more awkward with faceID than touchID which was practically flawless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

faceid is so dumb

im never gonna upgrade to a phone that uses it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
ah yeah I could see that. I have a 7 so I still have touchid and no faceid, I like that

hopefully it lasts 5 years

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i used apple ipay today at the grocery store and it took the stupid piece of poo poo phone 2 tries to identify me. faceid sucks rear end.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

faceid is really inferior to touchid and i hope they bring it back somehow

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they wont cause they save like .02 cents by using a buttonless front.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
although they poo poo-canned the hack jonny ives so anything is possible

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Samsung got rid of the front button but I still can unlock with my finger.

My middle finger.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

holy loly if you're using samsung

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shaggar posted:

they wont cause they save like .02 cents by using a buttonless front.
Nah, it's because Android phones all have fingerprint sensors, even cheap ones. Once Android has a faceid equivalent apple will probably make you give your iPhone a blood sample like in gattaca.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
android had face id stuff before iphones and it was just as bad then too.

Apr 7, 2003

Shaggar posted:

android had face id stuff before iphones and it was just as bad then too.

old android face ID could be defeated with a photo lmaooo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

iospace posted:

Samsung got rid of the front button but I still can unlock with my finger.

My middle finger.

i just use a code because the cops can't force you to put that in like they can with a fingerprint

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

old android face ID could be defeated with a photo lmaooo

who cares if the apple version of face id cant because it still loving sucks

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i wouldn't say it sucks based on my experience but touch id was definitely better

as was having a home button in general

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Or a headphone jack

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shaggar posted:

i used apple ipay today at the grocery store and it took the stupid piece of poo poo phone 2 tries to identify me. faceid sucks rear end.

btw do you need to use a selfie stick to get that mop of hair in the frame lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Google pay or whatever on the phone auths and processes in like 1 second on square readers and at 7-11 and poo poo. Paying with the phone is majorly ownage compared to putting the chip in. hosed up

Apr 7, 2003

I used to be annoyed at the lack of a headphone jack on my iPhone X, but then I got a pair of Bose Quietcomfort 35s and now I don't mind at all. Thanks tim

Apr 7, 2003

I do carry around a pair of earpods with an adaptor for when I'm out and about and don't want to be wearing noise cancelling headphones though

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i genuinely don't get the love for pods, are the wireless ones different? i've only tried the cabled ones that came with my xr; something about them irritates the hell out of my earholes after like ten minutes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

i genuinely don't get the love for pods, are the wireless ones different? i've only tried the cabled ones that came with my xr; something about them irritates the hell out of my earholes after like ten minutes

earholess vary in size and shape more than earbuds do

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

they never get snagged on a doorknob

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I got a set of these Cheap from China and they are unbelievably needs-suiting for the price, like I look at earbuds and AirPods costing ten times as much and lol

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32985243771.html

just noticed there's a new version, same buds but a bigger battery charging case:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000127727081.html

srs spend a handful of pocket change and try them.

Apr 7, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

My ears are so loving giant I have to put skins on the EarPods or the fall out

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I got a set of these Cheap from China and they are unbelievably needs-suiting for the price, like I look at earbuds and AirPods costing ten times as much and lol

just noticed there's a new version, same buds but a bigger battery charging case:

AirPods have extremely limited battery life and die after about two years, so fuckin lol at spending retail on them.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

thank you nmn

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
couple things:

1) can sum1 please find one of toris old avs on the server so i can give it to him. my upload is broken.

2) it was cool going thru the archives in the old mod forum and seeing posts from nmn from 99999999999999 years ago =D

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

u are welcome

the Haylou buds are a replacement for

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32947791238.html

that I had been using for the last six months: the Haylou ones are slightly smaller, slightly louder/bassier and have a better sound-locking fit to my ear holes but the touch sensitive controls are a little vague - did I double-tap to the next song and it starts quiet or did I pause? - where the QCY ones have a definite mechanical click button; take your pick :o:

Menacer
Nov 25, 2000
Failed Sega Accessory Ahoy!

Smythe posted:

couple things:

1) can sum1 please find one of toris old avs on the server so i can give it to him. my upload is broken.

2) it was cool going thru the archives in the old mod forum and seeing posts from nmn from 99999999999999 years ago =D

have you seen any of my awesome poasts there

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

btw do you need to use a selfie stick to get that mop of hair in the frame lol

my hair is kind of long right now so maybe that's a problem.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ciaphas posted:

i was ambivalent about the regular pods, they're ok for coming with it but weren't very good with poor noise isolation and quality, and there are much better even $30 range earbuds like the AKG. but I would highly recommend the jabra elite 65t wireless earbuds. i had an iphone 6s which i destroyed by stupidly walking into a lagoon in hawaii with it in my swim-shorts pocket, fortunately my girlfriend had an old iphone 7 in the desk backhome that i took over as mine but i was annoyed with no headphone jack. the jabras work very well and even have a pass-through feature, good noise isolation, quality, and lasts 3 hrs with a portable charger for another 3 charges. it's so nice not having to deal with cords honestly, the minute you put them into your pocket they tangle up into 10 knots as if by magic

thank god it still has a home button, i absolutely loving hate her XS without it. i genuinely can't ever consider "upgrading" to a new phone if that's what they're doing

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 7, 2019

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Smythe posted:

couple things:

nmn was one of the first people I interacted with regularly on my original account and he has always been an excellent dude

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NoneMoreNegative posted:

airbuds being a terrible product aside, personally i would be very wary of putting cheap chinese batteries directly into my ears

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

nah, i got the same problem. i can't wear the things for more than 20 minutes maybe without wanting to get them out of my ears. i tried airpods and have the same issue. surprisingly, shoving hard plastic into my ear isn't comfortable! i got the powerbeats pro tho and they are the airpod tech put into something that's actually comfortable and they own bones other than the case being gigantic. (they are, in fact, better than the airpods as they have actual buttons rather than using taps and gestures or whatever.) basically, i totally understand why people like airpods, and i would if they worked for me ears at all.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

nice racism

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Stymie posted:

airbuds being a terrible product aside, personally i would be very wary of putting cheap chinese batteries directly into my ears

Is it cuz they're Chinese or cuz they're made by capitalist roaders

E: yeah I quoted

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Is it cuz they're Chinese or cuz they're made by capitalist roaders

definitely the latter, and as a result there's a lot of cut-rate consumer trash that is hazardous one way or another out there

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Smythe posted:

couple things:

no one ever sees Tori’s av because he is always probated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

did anyone ever make a laptop with a plasma display

that'd be cool (like in a way)