Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
I remember getting the impression during the Eagles game in the playoffs last year that Nagy had totally abandoned his usual gameplan. Like, there wasn't a lot of pre-snap movement, there weren't a lot of fake handoffs or tosses, he went with a straight ahead line up, hike, throw or run.

I got that same feeling last night. No misdirection, no movement, everything felt very static.

I've not re-watched either game and done any real analysis with prior games last season (am a lazy person), but yeah. Anyone get that same feeling? It feels stark to me but maybe outcomes are coloring my perceptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope they cut Trey Burton so he can get whatever help he needs, because you just can't count on him to play when you need it.

e: doesn't help they wasted a second on Shaheen

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Leon Einstein posted:

B-but it was actually a bad throw you see.

Seriously lol. The only thing "bad" about it is that it floated a bit more than he wanted and he wasn't able to hit MVS in stride, which could've resulted in a touchdown the way the corner was trailing him. Still a great throw because he put it where his guy could get it and the defense couldn't. You can't expect literal perfection on every play

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I miss Jordan Howard already

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I miss Jordan Howard already

Nagy would have done the same thing, run him 5 times, get 20 yards, then bench him for the rest of the game.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rooster Brooster posted:

I remember getting the impression during the Eagles game in the playoffs last year that Nagy had totally abandoned his usual gameplan. Like, there wasn't a lot of pre-snap movement, there weren't a lot of fake handoffs or tosses, he went with a straight ahead line up, hike, throw or run.

I got that same feeling last night. No misdirection, no movement, everything felt very static.

I've not re-watched either game and done any real analysis with prior games last season (am a lazy person), but yeah. Anyone get that same feeling? It feels stark to me but maybe outcomes are coloring my perceptions.

I think it's very possible that Nagy's offense has been figured out, because it's extremely similar to Andy Reid's.

The difference is that Reid has an MVP under center, and Nagy has the titty-kisser.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Timby posted:

I think it's very possible that Nagy's offense has been figured out, because it's extremely similar to Andy Reid's.

The difference is that Reid has an MVP under center, and Nagy has the titty-kisser.

I don't double it, and besides having the MVP, Nagy is no Andy Reid.

But it doesn't look "figured out" to me as much as it looks like they are not even running the same offense anymore.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Teams just know that you stack the box and don't let Trubisky scramble. He can't make NFL throws in the pocket. Nagy is a bad playcaller but I don't think their scheme is really bad.

It'll be the same Nagy as last year. They'll lose games and people will point out they ran the ball 4 times and Nagy will say "that's on me we can't abandon the run". Then he'll do the same poo poo next week. Also Mitch will say "I need to do better" after every game but not actually get better.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

If you look last year, the Rams were the team that figured the Bears offense out. After that, the Bears offense was utter trash and Nagy had no answer. Seems like an offseason didn't change that either.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
As I seem to recall, it was the Bears that "figured" the Rams out.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

As I seem to recall, it was the Bears that "figured" the Rams out.

Bears defense destroyed them. The Bears offense was bad and Trubisky was comically inept.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Sigh, plz Lauri, Coby and Wendell don't let me down.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
So many hot takes and season projections today off a Week 1 game where both teams have new coaches. Packers won this same game last year close, and what happened after that?

Bears fans just need to R-E-L-A-X

That said I look forward to next week's matchup with Trubisky against Fangio's team.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I know that Nagy might have looked like rookie coach, but it turns out that isn't the case.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Niwrad posted:

Teams just know that you stack the box and don't let Trubisky scramble. He can't make NFL throws in the pocket. Nagy is a bad playcaller but I don't think their scheme is really bad.

It'll be the same Nagy as last year. They'll lose games and people will point out they ran the ball 4 times and Nagy will say "that's on me we can't abandon the run". Then he'll do the same poo poo next week. Also Mitch will say "I need to do better" after every game but not actually get better.

Watching that really bad pass to Kevin king , where the packers had a spy on trubs, made me realize trubs may be the new Donovan McNabb. Spy him so he can't gain easy yardage and let his inaccurate arm stall every drive. He'll hit some big plays but not consistently

Niwrad posted:

If you look last year, the Rams were the team that figured the Bears offense out. After that, the Bears offense was utter trash and Nagy had no answer. Seems like an offseason didn't change that either.

Two of Mitchs best games were after the Rams game , packers and 49ers , so I dunno about that

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Rooster Brooster posted:

I don't double it, and besides having the MVP, Nagy is no Andy Reid.

But it doesn't look "figured out" to me as much as it looks like they are not even running the same offense anymore.

Yeah I was gonna say, it didn't look all that much like Andy Reid's offense yesterday. A bunch of zone reads (is that really necessary?) and some RPOs but nothing very creative. There was some pre-snap movement but most of it didn't figure into the play and was just done for defense-reading/matchup reasons.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

fishing with the fam posted:

I know that Nagy might have looked like rookie coach, but it turns out that isn't the case.

Talking about Pagano and LaFleur

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

GNU Order posted:

Mitch will never be a top 10 30 QB

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Two of Mitchs best games were after the Rams game , packers and 49ers , so I dunno about that

They only put up 14 on the garbage Niners and Mitch threw like one pass downfield all game. He was decent in the Packers game but they had one of the worst defenses in the game. He was fine from a "game manager" point of view. But I wouldn't consider either performance good. Lot of guys can throw for 230 yards against bad defenses in this league.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Davis, Hand and Ragnow all questionable for Sunday. Kind of surprised they're even that optimistic about it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I mean, it's better than the alternative, which is the PUP list. They'll probably be back in the next few weeks if all goes well.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MJeff posted:

Davis, Hand and Ragnow all questionable for Sunday. Kind of surprised they're even that optimistic about it.

it's the freaking cardinals though!! looking at the Lions schedule it's basically a must-win game for them because if you can't beat the drat cardinals then who can you beat??

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Play posted:

if you can't beat the drat cardinals then who can you beat??

daaaaaaaaaaaaaBears

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Styles Bitchley posted:

Talking about Pagano and LaFleur

Pagano has been a coordinator before too so still wrong

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Monkeycheese posted:

Pagano has been a coordinator before too so still wrong

No poo poo, we're talking about expectations for staff on a new team after one loving game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's time to bail on trubisky and begin the Clayton Thorson Era

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME996OtTOAI

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Styles Bitchley posted:

No poo poo, we're talking about expectations for staff on a new team after one loving game.

I actually misread things and due to a reply to you thought you said pagano was a rookie at his position so my bad

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
holy poo poo i forgot trubs had a 6td/0int game last season

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I, for one, and ready to crown the lions. Division champs baby.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Vic Fangio is going to exploit the gently caress out of Trubinsky next week and the bears are going to start 0-2.

That's really good for the Lions.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Good thing the Broncos offense will likely be trash and the Bears will be playing a QB who isn't Aaron Rodgers.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Parallelwoody posted:

I, for one, and ready to crown the lions. Division champs baby.

Calm down, Denny.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/kalynkahler/status/1170101967043137538?s=19

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Mitch Trulyabadqb

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Mitch Trulyabadqb

Mitch Notverygoodbinsky

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i see that mitch has lured you all into a false sense of security until he unleashes the dragon

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i see that mitch has lured you all into a false sense of security until he unleashes the dragon

Ball flutters 30 yards into the waiting hands of the FS

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Mitch Notverygoodbinsky

Mitch Tru:rip:sky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Bitch Trashbinsky