Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MonsterEnvy posted:

That's super disingenuous.

No they literally are, they aren’t even true.

Accusations that are true rarely destroy careers, let along the mythical fake ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CharlestheHammer posted:

No they literally are, they aren’t even true.

Accusations that are true rarely destroy careers, let along the mythical fake ones

I am not talking about if accusations are true or not. I just don't think it's proper to automatically assume guilt.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Half of Dracula posted:

Love to take a """""neutral""""" viewpoint

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

"This man raped me!"

"i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here,"

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
That's not at all the same as innocent until proven guilty.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Indeed, investigations should happen, witnesses and others should be questioned, and the facts should be presented and shared. But the observers should pay attention to what is being shared and come to their conclusions from that, not just assume guilt from the start. It's best to think, not to just go along with mood everyone else is showing.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 6, 2019

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean unless you are a judge innocent until proven guilty is just a meaningless phrase

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i feel like if you wanna be Hyper Logic Man wrt sexual assault accusations you would still believe whatever, 90-95% of them fairly automatically

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'd really like it if we could stop talking about about rape in the Dragon Ball thread, at least until there's any real accusers rather than rumours being circulated by the actual rape guy faction

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

multijoe posted:

I'd really like it if we could stop talking about about rape in the Dragon Ball thread, at least until there's any real accusers rather than rumours being circulated by the actual rape guy faction

A good point.

What will Vegeta learn on Yardrat so he won't get his asskicked by Moro and his henchmen.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Drowning in chuds here.

Pull up, thread, pull up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MonsterEnvy posted:

A good point.

What will Vegeta learn on Yardrat so he won't get his asskicked by Moro and his henchmen.

I can't imagine. I doubt it's just Instant Transmission again. Maybe it's some way to shut off Moro absorbing his ki, or maybe even turning it around.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I can't imagine. I doubt it's just Instant Transmission again. Maybe it's some way to shut off Moro absorbing his ki, or maybe even turning it around.

I've been looking into unusual techniques in the series lately and I can't imagine it would be anything too defensive. That's not Vegeta's style, and as much as I think Toyotaro would love to round out Vegeta to make him the ultimate fighter in all regards, it doesn't make narrative sense for him to find something he can use to protect himself when being able to beat the ever-living poo poo out of his opponent has always been his go-to move.

Going purely off Instant Transmission alone, and there's really nothing else to go by, Yardrat techniques blur the line between ki and self. With Instant Transmission, you become energy, so you can traverse any distance in no time at all. As a hypothetical, what if they had a way to store ki outside the body? Vegeta could fight as usual, but his energy would be held somewhere else, somewhere Moro couldn't reach it. Although I doubt that's what it's actually going to be, but it's a fun idea.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Vegeta gets a Stand

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Additionally, there is a thread for the Vic Mignogna lawsuit, so if you wish to discuss anything regarding that/wondering how incompetent the lawyer representing Mignogna is, go knock yourselves out over there.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm anti rape, personally

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i can't believe some of you guys were unironically debating whether goku would be anti-trans/gay/whatever a couple of pages ago

i mean, think about it this way: when was the last time goku got mad at somebody, let alone expressed hatred? literally the only times that ever happened was directed at someone who was actively harming or harmed either his friends or innocent people. aside from that, goku has never demonstrated any negative emotion toward anyone.

this isn't to argue that this is because goku himself is necessarily a being of pure goodness or righteous morals, but rather, he just doesn't give a poo poo. goku is a person who's off in his own world doing his own thing, never caring what others are doing or what they think of him. as long as these people don't keep pestering him when he's off blowing up a mountain or whatever, he has no reason care. AT WORST, if he met a trans person, he'd probably be confused by why someone who looks like a dude wears a dress, or whatever. but after the initial confusion, he wouldn't give it a second thought ever again and would get along with them as well as he would with anyone else. he certainly wouldn't be bothered by such a thing enough to go on a speaking tour on college campuses.

now VEGETA on the other hand....

he's a bit more complicated. pre-buu saga vegeta, there is no doubt he would be anti-LGBT as gently caress. i mean, the guy was pissed off at wearing a pink shirt! post-buu saga however, he'd more than likely be weirded out, and would keep his distance at parties. i could definitely see him voting republican even after the ToP.

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Sep 7, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It took Goku years to figure out the difference between men and women, and many of his friends aren't humans or are very weird looking humans, I'm sure he'd take a mixup in stride.

And Vegeta definitely doesn't vote. He's royalty and his wife is a billionaire, he probably thinks democracy is hilarious. And voting booths are crowded and annoying.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And Vegeta definitely doesn't vote. He's royalty and his wife is a billionaire, he probably thinks democracy is hilarious. And voting booths are crowded and annoying.

...is Vegeta even married to Bulma? I don't think they ever got wed.

Also Capsule Corp owns all the voting machines anyway, so it's not like voting matters.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kazy posted:

...is Vegeta even married to Bulma? I don't think they ever got wed.

Also Capsule Corp owns all the voting machines anyway, so it's not like voting matters.

Yes, it's directly stated that one of the changes Trunks caused by traveling through time was Vegeta marrying Bulma after Cell was killed.

Also Capsule Corp doesn't own any voting machines because none exist. Did all of you forget the entire world is a monarchy?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

All Hail King Goodboyerton the fifth!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Vegeta gets a Stand

『 B I N G O   D A N C E 』

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

long live dog man forever god king of dragon ball earth

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Roshi vs. Jiren fight is getting a figure

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That sends the worst possible impression of that part though

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah but "Jiren eliminates someone in a boring way after they do something cool" is a pretty accurate summation of that arc

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

"Goku punches Piccolo in the gut while looking at the camera" is one of my favourite shots in the entirety of Dragon Ball, I love when videogames have it, and having it redone on Jiren, and as a figure? drat, I want it so much now.

Goku/Freeza team-up is also super neat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still say the ToP makes sense when you see it as one big wrestling throwdown. Jiren is Brock Lesnar.

It's even got managers, grudges, call-outs and responses, hype men and heel-face turns and face-heel turns.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I was more thinking Jiren was Roman Reigns. Keep pushing him and nobody wants him. :v:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Shindragon posted:

I was more thinking Jiren was Roman Reigns. Keep pushing him and nobody wants him. :v:

And is actually kinda cool when he gets to show a personality but they never do.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
i like the Goku Black figure

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's pretty good, and it's still the least metal of the bunch!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Apparently funi made jiren dragon racist??

Pfffft
https://twitter.com/Mendinso/status/1170670431151505409?s=19

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 8, 2019

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Jiren had a character to change? :v:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That seems in line with the sub just does it in kind of a roundabout way while the sub is a lot more blunt

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That's a lot of poetic license in localizing that dialogue, assuming the subs are a more literal translation. It does change the tone somewhat from "Jiren is strength and strength don't care" to "Jiren wants strength so he don't care", but Jiren is inconsistent as gently caress anyway so that might've been a hindsight decision considering he ends up landing on the latter side of the argument, what with his sad past and all.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Testekill posted:

And is actually kinda cool when he gets to show a personality but they never do.

I always took it as Jiren thinking the entire thing was bullshit, and was there despite not wanting to be there, and being deliberately boring on purpose as a protest, much like Harrison Ford's Bladerunner voiceover work in the theatrical cut.

It made sense then. It was only once the annoyances actually got under his skin that he started acting genuinely.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Jiren really got pissed at his Pride Trooper outfit getting a hole blown in it.

Aw, Jiren was kind of a cute kid in a bug-eyed alien way.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Sep 9, 2019

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I always took it as Jiren thinking the entire thing was bullshit, and was there despite not wanting to be there, and being deliberately boring on purpose as a protest, much like Harrison Ford's Bladerunner voiceover work in the theatrical cut.

It made sense then. It was only once the annoyances actually got under his skin that he started acting genuinely.

i like this but it doesnt completely mesh with the extremely dramatic and entertaining way he ended fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Well, if he has to do his job and protect his Universe, he can at least embarrass these losers by styling on them (briefly). Then he can go right back to being boring (on purpose).