Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lol this game is literally unplayable on my tv because my keyboard is complete garbage :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Made it to maps + ascendancy in one sitting. Hoag + Spectres Guardian is my fastest league starter yet. Hoag is extremely good for defending Blight lanes. Guardian's new ascendency node that gives +20 all res, permanent onslaught, and 10% more damage to everyone in the party is insane. The range is really huge, I can't outrun my own minions "nearby" range so I'm in Onslaught mode forever now.

I recommend getting it as first Guardian ascendancy because you're gonna need the resists, and the movement speed is obviously key for leveling.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tenzarin posted:

I have to question the quality of the devs, when beyond can still spawn on maps. When almost every league change spawns hordes of things which can then spawn a beyond boss.

Is this a quote or

nerox
May 20, 2001
I was skeptical about the blight mechanic, but it’s been surprisingly good and fun and I am actually interacting with the mechanic while leveling.

Been doing skeletons since level 10 and finally got feeding frenzy and mistress of sacrifice.

Patch is fun.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Just throwing some garbage together last night got me to act6 in 5 hours, which is nonsense speed for me.

SRS with infernal legion is pretty daft. Curious how well it scales. 3link skellies, 4link spectre, and SRS in a 3 was more than enough, but I threw in a carrion golem too because it's fun to look at.

I should probably pause and sort out my links, but I haven't found any need to yet

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah Flaming legion fixed one of the issues with leveling SRS and the nodes right at the start of the witch area are tailor made for it and give a big boost to damage. Problem is that the extra duration will be lost unless you get the skulls a bit more fire resistance. I dont think feeding frenzy is doing much for them though, certainly not enough as a 4 link, maybe better when 5 linking. Unleash is too good while going through the story and mapping.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah Flaming legion fixed one of the issues with leveling SRS and the nodes right at the start of the witch area are tailor made for it and give a big boost to damage. Problem is that the extra duration will be lost unless you get the skulls a bit more fire resistance. I dont think feeding frenzy is doing much for them though, certainly not enough as a 4 link, maybe better when 5 linking. Unleash is too good while going through the story and mapping.

It makes their aggro range about twice as wide which is cool. That said it's a luxury link. Frenzy on zombies is a lot more important

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Ah, found the bullshit RNG challenge this league: "Defeat Chayula, Who Dreamt outside of its Domain"

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Lot of talk about zombies -- are they good? I wouldn't mind making this even more massive and ditching skeles for them if so. Carrion/Zombies/Spectres/SRS seems like plenty zoo to me.

Followup - is the +1 golem cluster worth taking in a setup like this?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah - I was going to go skeletons but frenzy has really kicked zombies into gear. They're just booting around my screen followed by the carrion golem leaping through the air - skeletons barely have time to activate. Also having a completely free aoe built-in is really good for links.

I also got a sweet +1 zombie talisman in like act 3. 2 more gem levels and I can Mon'tregul's down to 5 :coal:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Admittedly I've never leveled with skeletons but holy poo poo I don't think I've ever had faster boss kills. These guys just tear poo poo up. I also actually enjoyed srs early on with infernal legion and I usually hate srs.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Arrhythmia posted:

Ah, found the bullshit RNG challenge this league: "Defeat Chayula, Who Dreamt outside of its Domain"

I might just be lucky, but it seems like Chayula shows up in his breaches much more frequently than the others. Even if not, it shouldn't be that hard to get this with the map device mod giving two breaches now.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Jinnigan posted:

got a fistful'a oils and dont know what you can do with em? use this tool: http://45.79.26.102/

yo thank you for this dude

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kinetica posted:

Necro question regarding specters- if I lose one, do I have to go back to the area they spawn in, kill it, and raise it? Or is there something I’m missing?

Also the tower defense works pretty well, I was expecting worse. The voice acting is atrocious though.

Lol I love the voice acting. Cassia singing from across the map is hilarious.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Is this a quote or

it’s tenzarin, don’t bother

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe it'll fall off in endgame without a 6l/psuedo 6l but zombies are so strong holy poo poo. My necro has poo poo gear and barely any +life on tree, just some mana regen and everything else is minion damage/move speed/etc. Srs/zombies is steam rolling faster than slayer cyclone did last league

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I made it to level 35 before noticing that I was still using white level 2 gloves, haha. Orb of storms is too good for the campaign.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Mines are real good. Pyro mines felt the best while levelling but now that I have most of my tree filled out I'm really liking Icicle mines. One thrown volley of mines is enough to clear full screens (and some stuff off screen) up to T10s so far, with pretty garbage gear. Tougher mobs and bosses just melt when you get a maxed out chain going. Imagine if Scourge arrow could get 5 pods out nearly instantly, that's what Icicle mines feels like.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Vaal fb feels...okay, but not great. Anything to do while leveling to make it feel better vas? Does normal lab help? Any side skills that help a ton? Should I summon any golem bros?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

silvergoose posted:

Vaal fb feels...okay, but not great. Anything to do while leveling to make it feel better vas? Does normal lab help? Any side skills that help a ton? Should I summon any golem bros?

Normal lab helped a lot more than I expected (didn't do it until A6) because the four frenzy/power charges are quite nice. It still feels a little anemic, but I'm also using gear that's ilvl 15 for the most part, so lol. I'm also still on a 4L and the only other skills I have equipped are a naked Flame Dash and Malevolence. I imagine if I paid attention to gear instead of trying to brute force my way through the campaign without having to care then I'd be happier. But I can do the A6 tower defense stuff with no problem so I'm not really worried.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Toxic rain remains OP for leveling, and is well-suited to tower defense to boot

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I didn't like my first character, so let's try this again.

Can I get a Guild invite for HeySkellyGirl?

Thanks!

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Traxis posted:

Mines are real good. Pyro mines felt the best while levelling but now that I have most of my tree filled out I'm really liking Icicle mines. One thrown volley of mines is enough to clear full screens (and some stuff off screen) up to T10s so far, with pretty garbage gear. Tougher mobs and bosses just melt when you get a maxed out chain going. Imagine if Scourge arrow could get 5 pods out nearly instantly, that's what Icicle mines feels like.

What links are you using for icicle mines? Did you go sab or deadeye.?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

LeninVS posted:

What links are you using for icicle mines? Did you go sab or deadeye.?

Sab, my links are trap and mine damage, minefield, hypothermia, controlled destruction and charged mines. Make sure you grab the pierce node on the tree (or use the support), it makes a big difference. Prioritize mine throwing speed because minefield feels awkward without it.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

I didn't like my first character, so let's try this again.

Can I get a Guild invite for HeySkellyGirl?

Thanks!

Invites are account-wide.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Vulpes posted:

I might just be lucky, but it seems like Chayula shows up in his breaches much more frequently than the others. Even if not, it shouldn't be that hard to get this with the map device mod giving two breaches now.

That + gilded breach scarab means you can be getting five breaches every map. It's definitely not impossible, but still frustrating RNG that I can't buy my way out of.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
If I'm using a Maim support gem, will Flesh and Stone also give its maim bonus? Or does only one maim bonus apply?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Papercut posted:

Lol I love the voice acting. Cassia singing from across the map is hilarious.

It is kinda annoying to always hear.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

McFrugal posted:

If I'm using a Maim support gem, will Flesh and Stone also give its maim bonus? Or does only one maim bonus apply?

If they're linked together you get the increased phys damage from both gems.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

McFrugal posted:

Only the highest applies, but you can link Maim support to Flesh and Stone for a pretty modest increase in the reservation to boost it.

Has anyone found anything to link to Plague Bearer other than Increased AoE? I've tried a few but nothing seemed to support it.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Folks, if there's still room in the guild I'd like to join as BlackBellsChiming

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

It is kinda annoying to always hear.

Two real howlers in a row, great job

Grey Face
Mar 31, 2017
Ok, is this build actually any good? I just got through solaris and lunaris in act 8 and it was an absolutely brutal slog (at 68% resists for fire/cold so not capped but not far). Even before, small packs of blue mobs have been starting to chunk me too. I leveled a cyclone duelist in between leagues and that was -much- tankier and faster. Is the build bad or am I doing something very wrong?

Grey Face fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 7, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

RPZip posted:

Has anyone found anything to link to Plague Bearer other than Increased AoE? I've tried a few but nothing seemed to support it.

It specifically says in the skill description that the DOT isn't affected by any damage mods, so yeah it's pretty much just gonna be increased AOE. Empower should work too to increase the DOT rate and max damage storage. Still a really solid skill.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Grey Face posted:

Ok, is this build actually any good? I just got through solaris and lunaris in act 8 and it was an absolutely brutal slog (at 68% resists for fire/cold so not capped but not far). Even before, small packs of blue mobs have been starting to chunk me too. I leveled a cyclone duelist in between leagues and that was -much- tankier and faster. Is the build bad or am I doing something very wrong?

His levelling guide revolves around twinking. Unless you've got real solid gear, I can easily see it becoming a shitshow. Try cyclone without changing anything else, it's inherently way more tanky just because you move around constantly and should let you grind some currency in white maps to gear up.

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002
Can I get an invite for Gwnfryth

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
How does leveling a totem build work? I want to try bodyswap totems but I don't know what to do before level 38 when you get multitotem support. I guess i'll just hardcast desecrate and volatile dead a lot? Or just fireball since i'll be scaling fire damage

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

pork never goes bad posted:

Two real howlers in a row, great job

If you get her to spawn next to alva, they sing a song. Just in time.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Sucks that she only seems to have one line for when new portals spawn but the songs are great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

How does leveling a totem build work? I want to try bodyswap totems but I don't know what to do before level 38 when you get multitotem support. I guess i'll just hardcast desecrate and volatile dead a lot? Or just fireball since i'll be scaling fire damage

You can rush to the +1 totem keystone and start using totems exclusively from there. Until then yeah VD is pretty good.