Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

WrenP-Complete posted:

Oh my God, I'm so frustrated about my life.

whats up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lain Iwakura posted:

swimming owns

it does

WrenP-Complete posted:

Oh my God, I'm so frustrated about my life.

:yossame:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

guess who came out as NB to their spouse

and who is now even more sure they married the best person in existence for them.

holy poo poo I actually did it

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

:toot:

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
grats

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
hell yeah

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

thanks everyone!

I have to say I was not prepared for the emotional aftershocks. this is such a strange feeling, like I feel emotionally exposed to my wife in ways I didn't know were possible but also feel that it is completely ok. definitely have never felt closer and we were already incredibly tight.

we're going to get a pedi together soon. :3: I'm lucky as poo poo y'all.

for those wondering: they/them preferred, but it is very rare that things flow fem to the point where a masculine pronoun would be troubling and I almost always avoid the internet at such times.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shifty Pony posted:

thanks everyone!

I have to say I was not prepared for the emotional aftershocks. this is such a strange feeling, like I feel emotionally exposed to my wife in ways I didn't know were possible but also feel that it is completely ok. definitely have never felt closer and we were already incredibly tight.

we're going to get a pedi together soon. :3: I'm lucky as poo poo y'all.

for those wondering: they/them preferred, but it is very rare that things flow fem to the point where a masculine pronoun would be troubling and I almost always avoid the internet at such times.

it is magical for your relationship when you can be fully open with all your feelings. congrats fellow person!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

also it is only trans related because it has been an outlet i work on while I think about things (and I've been doing a lot of thinking) but...

I'm really proud of my fox

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

what a beautiful fox

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yeah that's super good :o

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gay rear end magic fox :3

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Shifty Pony posted:

also it is only trans related because it has been an outlet i work on while I think about things (and I've been doing a lot of thinking) but...

sup trans fox buddy

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

Wow that is an amazing fox!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Shifty Pony posted:

guess who came out as NB to their spouse

and who is now even more sure they married the best person in existence for them.

holy poo poo I actually did it

That's wonderful (and lovely foxes, too)! :3:

Lain Iwakura posted:

swimming owns

I'd really like to enjoy swimming, but the self-conscious brain-worms are too crippling. :(

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Shifty Pony posted:

A good foxxe.

Is that needlepoint or...?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Hipster_Doofus posted:

A good foxxe.

Is that needlepoint or...?

cross stitch

the shop I got the pattern from is fun because it is essentially a collaboration between a lot of Russian pattern designers and the patterns have a very distinctly different feel than US and UK patterns.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's a very good fox!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shifty Pony posted:

Pretty!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
that's a fuckin good fox, god drat

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Shifty Pony posted:

cross stitch

That was my second guess. So the other side is all full of colors everywhere that the fox isn't, right? Sorry, I don't know a lot about any artsy-craftsy stuff (except tie-dye and marbling omg so fun).

E: oh and yeah all those patterns look extraordinary.

E2: nvm I'm an idiot it's plainly not

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

Have been at pride yesterday in Katowice, was fun some guy yelled at us "Auschwitz is waiting for you!", some other said "go to church" and my cousin made fun of that as she does go every Sunday, first time we went for event like this and we liked it. It made me a bit sad though, I can't be out due to living with lovely parents, awful job so I can't afford to rent own place and to start therapy.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Poland is really getting worse and it makes me sad.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

everyone is way too kind about the fox :kimchi:

Lain that is gorgeous. how long have you had it? the detail in the lines and color in the fur is remarkable.

Hipster_Doofus posted:

That was my second guess. So the other side is all full of colors everywhere that the fox isn't, right? Sorry, I don't know a lot about any artsy-craftsy stuff (except tie-dye and marbling omg so fun).

E: oh and yeah all those patterns look extraordinary.

E2: nvm I'm an idiot it's plainly not

the backs are actually pretty neat because nobody does theirs the same way. here's what mine looks like compared to the front:

you can see how I chain together spots of certain colors with the green, but don't jump very far when doing so. others don't do that at all and others still will bounce all over the place.

I really really like embroidery because it lets me think while needing enough of my attention to not let me think too hard and spiral into an unhappy place. no matter what you like you can find patterns for it and the younger part of the community is very progressive.

spankmeister posted:

Poland is really getting worse and it makes me sad.

from the outside it seems just so shocking.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
love the fox

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RustyKnight posted:

Have been at pride yesterday in Katowice, was fun some guy yelled at us "Auschwitz is waiting for you!", some other said "go to church" and my cousin made fun of that as she does go every Sunday, first time we went for event like this and we liked it. It made me a bit sad though, I can't be out due to living with lovely parents, awful job so I can't afford to rent own place and to start therapy.

wait you're not out at home and have lovely parents but you went to pride and with family members no less? that's super fuckin' brave, geez, good for you :v:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also poles of all people telling someone to go to auschwitz is pretty, uhh... hm...

like some combination of :ironicat: and :yikes: and maybe :stonk: i guess

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

the dithering on that fox is so amazing Shifty Pony, i love it!

my partner still seems to be spiraling re my transition. He was fine when I came out, wrote me a card and gave me chocolates on my first visit to get set up with HRT, and ever since the physical changes started showing even a little bit he's just been...freaked out.

Sometimes he's okay and will even joke about it with me but being reminded how real it is sends him spiraling. Tonight he was fine until I had to shut up for a bit to wait for a tablet to dissolve and during that silence he just lost it. It's not falling into fights, he just looks lost and hurt and...sad.

He's struggling. He wants to understand. He's deeply unhappy with himself for not accepting this like he says he should. I keep just getting "I'm sorry" from him every time he feels this way. I'm sure he's scared to actually talk about how he's feeling out of fear I'll give up on my transition just to keep him around; he's tried to make me promise that I'm not going to stop no matter what happens. Obviously I can't make that promise since I don't know at all what's going to influence me in the future, but I can at least promise to him that I will try not to let his discomfort here change my mind. I think he's also not allowing himself the space he needs to mourn the loss of his boyfriend, again out of fear of the same thing.

He's a strongly GNC cis man and often presents more feminine than I do. I wasn't really expecting this strong of a reaction but :sigh:. I think he was just hoping I'd age into a salt-and-pepper daddy for him and uh, no.

Also finding support groups for AMAB-AMAB couples where one ends up transitioning seems impossible! It seems like they're all focused around previously cishet couples with one or the other transitioning, not being queer to start with.

He's also realized that he's depressed and hasn't done anything to pull himself out of that. I don't know how to tell him "you need a therapist" that doesn't come across as being nagging, but both myself and our couples therapist keep bringing it up. He has some history of self-harm so...I'm honestly just terrified.

We've been together for 11 years (through our 20s into our 30s) and always sort of grew at the same rate, and now it feels like I'm running away ahead.

Our relationship is also strained in that we've been open and kinda sorta poly for the past few years, but I've never had the confidence to act on it and just let him have fun on his own. We've always had mismatched sex drives, and I've always been fine with it. Outside of being out of town and shared partners I've never really acted on it, and the one time I did he freaked the hell out. I'm starting to actually get some confidence for once in my life and it's clear that his insecurities about me actually taking advantage of how we've worked this out (at least on paper) is going to be problematic.

I don't even know what I'm asking for here. I'm just kind of venting at this point. I'm lost and frustrated and I love him and I'm running out of things to do to try to fix this.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

Shame Boy posted:

wait you're not out at home and have lovely parents but you went to pride and with family members no less? that's super fuckin' brave, geez, good for you :v:

just realised what I did, needed somebody to rephrase it to me because I’m just so detached that sometimes I don’t realise what am I doing anymore lmao

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

minivanmegafun posted:

I don't know how to tell him "you need a therapist" that doesn't come across as being nagging, but both myself and our couples therapist keep bringing it up. He has some history of self-harm so...I'm honestly just terrified.

sit down and talk about it and make it as like, painless as possible to just accept the idea of going to a therapist, like offer to find one and set up an appointment for him if he wants. the biggest step i've found with people (including myself) is just getting the first appointment set up at all, like that first action is what really hangs people up, and once that's over with therapy just sort of becomes something that happens once a week or w/e rather than something you have to actively choose to do so mentally it gets way easier.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RustyKnight posted:

just realised what I did, needed somebody to rephrase it to me because I’m just so detached that sometimes I don’t realise what am I doing anymore lmao

oh :v: hope you'll be okay at home in that case friend

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

Shame Boy posted:

oh :v: hope you'll be okay at home in that case friend

as long as I act as my mothers straight son and she is not “embarrassed” of me in front of her friends (this means as long as nobody asks her If I’m gay, because I’m single lol) I’m fine, but I often feel like I am not even a person anymore just a passive observer. Thanks for responding to my shitposts, don’t know why but I feel a bit better :unsmith:

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

this just in got a call from a job i was counting on to get my life together, I’m accepted since 1st of October

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RustyKnight posted:

as long as I act as my mothers straight son and she is not “embarrassed” of me in front of her friends (this means as long as nobody asks her If I’m gay, because I’m single lol) I’m fine, but I often feel like I am not even a person anymore just a passive observer. Thanks for responding to my shitposts, don’t know why but I feel a bit better :unsmith:

glad i could, uh, help :v:

i still think what you did was real cool even if it was completely passive, hope stuff all works out~

RustyKnight posted:

this just in got a call from a job i was counting on to get my life together, I’m accepted since 1st of October

congrats :toot:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also def see about talking to a therapist if you're not already, that "passive observer" stuff super duper sounds like symptoms of certain kinds of depression. i know i definitely used to feel like that when my depression was real bad, and it was explained to me as some mix of derealization and depersonalization.

basically

Wikipedia posted:

People experiencing derealization describe feeling as if they are viewing the world through a TV screen.

Partially symptoms would also include a feeling of being an "observer"/having an "observational effect". As if existing as a separate entity on the planet, with everything happening, being experienced and alternately perceived through their own eyes (similar to a first person camera in a game, e.g. Television or Computer-Vision).

perfectly described how it felt to me, and kinda sounds something like what you're describing, so yeahhh.

e: sorry if you're already like, dealing with this or aware of it or something and i'm just armchair psychologisting your own life back to you, i just know when i first had it i didn't even know it was a thing and a hell of a lot of stuff clicked into place when my psychologist explained it to me...

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 9, 2019

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

Shame Boy posted:

also def see about talking to a therapist if you're not already, that "passive observer" stuff super duper sounds like symptoms of certain kinds of depression. i know i definitely used to feel like that when my depression was real bad, and it was explained to me as some mix of derealization and depersonalization.

basically

perfectly described how it felt to me, and kinda sounds something like what you're describing, so yeahhh.

e: sorry if you're already like, dealing with this or aware of it or something and i'm just armchair psychologisting your own life back to you, i just know when i first had it i didn't even know it was a thing and a hell of a lot of stuff clicked into place when my psychologist explained it to me...

Already planning that, mental help here is not that great, especially the one you can get with healthcare, probably will join support group for trans folk that meets at the city where my job will be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RustyKnight posted:

Already planning that, mental help here is not that great, especially the one you can get with healthcare, probably will join support group for trans folk that meets at the city where my job will be

ah cool, best of luck friend :glomp: