Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1170435422247366657

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

forkboy84 posted:

I think the actual news is that he's resigning as MP.

:agreed:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

marktheando posted:

he's quitting labour to become the government's anti-semitism tsar (this is not a joke)
So he's going to start doing pogroms? :ohdear:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

forkboy84 posted:

I think the actual news is that he's resigning as MP.

Wait does that mean a by-election? Which Labour will no doubt put a Corbynite for? loving 4d chess there Mann

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

now that's interesting - i don't think farage wants any of this poo poo, he wants to be able to say he's tried and more unlimited meal ticket. i don't think this is enough to hold labour back.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

CoolCab posted:

now that's interesting - i don't think farage wants any of this poo poo, he wants to be able to say he's tried and more unlimited meal ticket. i don't think this is enough to hold labour back.

Can they afford to put up candidates in all of them?
Nige may be reluctant to spend money when he could keep it himself.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

AceOfFlames posted:

Oh I assure you I am real. I just dump the thoughts I don't dare express here because I believe the people on this forum are the most aware of the troubles facing the world and thus are the best equipped to understand where I am coming from and thus come to a solution.

I mean, I cannot just go up to the people I know in real life and go "Hi, I am AoF. I am 32, never had any romantic relationship, have a grand total of one friend who lives across the continent, all other friends I have can be counted in one hand and eventually almost moved even further away and broke contact, have no hobbies because I arrive home too tired to do anything, have sought therapy 4 times and nothing worked, live in a country where even though I have completed courses all the way to B1 level still can't speak the language and barely understand it because I have no one to talk to, took 9 years to complete a 5 year degree in something I hate and live in perpetual fear of getting fired. I also live in fear that I am mugged, which I have been repeatedly meaning I have never vacationed anywhere without my parents and thing everything is meaningless since I fear society will collapse in the next 10 years". I'd be sent to an asylum, laughed at or beaten up, especially since the events of the past few years have conclusively proven that most people are shallow low key sociopaths.

Have you tried shrooms, my friend?

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Ms Adequate posted:

Owen Jones rting reports that John Mann's jumped ship to sabotage Labour in the runup to the election:

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1170415599421403136

e; 123 is a number composed of three consecutively ascending integers, those being 1, 2, and 3.

Oh how surprising, right wing MP about to be pushed out of the party resigns and starts attacking the party. From the comments on that though, David Graeber has an excellent rebuttal which apparantly he's had trouble getting published

https://twitter.com/davidgraeber/status/1170032483859148800

Also that downfall edit earlier is possibly the best one I've ever seen. They even synced up the 'Stalin'.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Bobstar posted:

I made a thing.

(with apologies to Stephen Collins)

Excellent work

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Just taking a brief break from the country falling into a constitutional crisis as the PM is arrested to have some very nice sausages in a rich gravy with mash, one of the best things this country's cuisine has to offer

:discourse:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Funnily Enough I walked past the mural of the Cable St. Riots today.

e: Battle of Cable St. I should say

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 7, 2019

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1170439091089039362?s=20

Yeeooooooo another CUK's slithering over to the LDs

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

The MP for Penistone is a CUK?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Bobstar posted:

I made a thing.

(with apologies to Stephen Collins)
The titanic thing I could take or leave but this is loving amazing :v:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

For the people panicking over polling

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1170441611370610688?s=21

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
it's come up a few times - i mean the problem is it's like running a poll with the question "if corbyn gets in and immediately sells the NHS to american healthcare interests, how would you vote?". right now the johnson administration has hitched it's entire wagon to that date, it might shift come closer if they manage to play it right,

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I think we might also get a shy Labour effect from those who’ve been told relentlessly that Corbyn is the megaHitler 2.0 but vote for him anyway

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Total Meatlove posted:

I think we might also get a shy Labour effect from those who’ve been told relentlessly that Corbyn is the megaHitler 2.0 but vote for him anyway

Please stop getting my hopes up it hurts too much, I'm happier being an accelerationist who hates this country and everyone in it.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
At the rate the softer Tories are abandoning ship, they'll have enough candidates for an entirely new party. That'd be fun!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CGI Stardust posted:

At the rate the softer Tories are abandoning ship, they'll have enough candidates for an entirely new party. That'd be fun!

Tories 2: Election Boogaloo

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

willie_dee posted:

Please stop getting my hopes up it hurts too much, I'm happier being an accelerationist who hates this country and everyone in it.

Am currently going through all the constituencies for a list of them where there is a less than 5000 vote difference between Labour and the next largest party. Currently under the impression that the East Midlands and South delenda est.

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just want to say Marias are better than Rich Tea Biscuits.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

See Brexit party non-agression pact with the Tories as above.

It's become blatantly obvious in recent weeks that they are increasingly targetting Labour held Leave seats in the North above all else - unsurprisingly the right wing enterprise reveals its main intent is to leverage brexit against Labour rather than wreck the tories

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The East Midlands is bad.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

CGI Stardust posted:

They have one. It's called the Lib Dems.

I do actually wonder what this top-down restructuring is going to do to them as a party. We're already seeing hostile rumblings from the base - I guess the question is whether they can replace old Lib Dem members with new Tories.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just listened to the podcast, good stuff again. I agree that I never want this chaos ft/ Ed Milliband to end, and while I was expecting to hear the 'horse in a oval office suit' line in a scots accent it sounded just as good coming from a geordie.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao wtf america

https://twitter.com/DaveMosher/status/1170415431749910528?s=20

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

CGI Stardust posted:

Parties standing in the UK General Election 2019:

Labour
Greens
Liberal Democrats
The Democrats
Conservatives (No Deal)
Conservatives (No No Deal)
Conservatives (Cameron Faction)
Conservatives (Goveian Reach)
Conservatives (Monarchist)
Conservatives (Independent)
Conservatives (Ted Heath Is Innocent)
Conservatives (Ted Heath Is Innocent, Because The Age Of Consent Should Be Abolished)
Amber Rudd's Fantastic Spectacular
UKIP
UKIP (Faragist Tendency)
Brexit Party
Brexit Party (Anti-Faragist Tendency)
The Independents
The Independent Group for Change
New Change UK
Doctrinaire TIG
Anna Soubry

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

So from the polls this weekend, Labour is somewhere between 3 points behind (ComRes) or 14 points behind (YouGov).

Very informative.

Also from Twitter arguments today most Brexiteers seem to think Boris is going to defy the law and leave anyway on the 31st. Which is good, because he absolutely won't because that risks personal consequences.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You forgot

Conservatives (Dig up Thatcher she's still good for another term)

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Remember that American hospitals have charged mothers for skin to skin contact with their babies

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

jabby posted:

So from the polls this weekend, Labour is somewhere between 3 points behind (ComRes) or 14 points behind (YouGov).

Very informative.

*thumps table* polls are poo poo! Polls are poo poo!

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Ms Adequate posted:

Faragist Tendency

Wherein the adorable rascal Nigel teams up with literally the nazis to defeat the Labour Men with the power of Gammon

clear eyes full farts
Jul 3, 2007

the uk is just awful
It's a fake democracy
with free education and healthcare as long as you are a dosser and I am trapped here :(

Looks like £10k at most if due to circumstances you have to pay the NHS (hardly anyone) - https://maternityaction.org.uk/advice/entitlement-to-free-nhs-maternity-care-for-women-from-abroad-scotland-wales-northern-ireland/

ShadowSpectre
Oct 6, 2016
If the SNP are set to retake Scotland, what exactly is the plan for a Labour government? Because apart from a coalition, especially with this BXP unspoken pact, I have a little bit more pessimism than perhaps I did when Jojo activated Resignation Platinum.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1170451879861657601?s=20

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Posting because I remembered one of you was specifically looking forward to Boris breaking down in tears as all his hopes and dreams are cruelly dashed before his eyes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/07/opinion/sunday/dominic-cummings-brexit.html

quote:

This [Jo Johnson resigning the whip] was such a blow that sources close to the prime minister tell me that he cried when he heard the news.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

The East Midlands is bad.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Cummies looks like the lovechild of Gollum and Albert Steptoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008