Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
MGSV trolled me pretty good with the online. I was idly playing the post-game, dicking around in side missions and stuff when I decided to build a nuke. It took me days to get the resources to build one, and then there is an entire 1 real-life week timer to actually build one.

There are two achievements for nukes. One is for building one, and the other for launching one. My nuke finished while I was at work, and then someone infiltrated my FOB and stole it before I got home so I only got one achievement. Honestly this situation was so odd to me I wasnt even upset, but that was also the last time I played MGSV lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
My favourite thing about MGS V was all those Reddit groups dedicated to disarming all the nukes because they were paranoid that there was a secret ending to the game that would trigger upon doing it

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

ArtIsResistance posted:

My favourite thing about MGS V was all those Reddit groups dedicated to disarming all the nukes because they were paranoid that there was a secret ending to the game that would trigger upon doing it

So is your least favorite thing the fact that they were right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7VxGn7Piew

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

CJacobs posted:

This is a bigger problem than you're making it out to be. Many of the later-game development projects require more money than the smaller offline-reserved stock can actually hold. Or at least, most of the money it can hold, meaning researching one item will completely exhaust your cash.
it's best to ignore most of those developments, they were added a while after launch to encourage people to buy resources with real money and buy FOB insurance. Scummy Konami poo poo that definitely drags the game down, but can be ignored. Pity there's some fun stuff locked behind it.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Being on the PC I just used the Snakebite mod to skip all the timers and give Quiet a proper uniform early on.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cleretic posted:

So is your least favorite thing the fact that they were right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7VxGn7Piew

Last i heard, the cutscene exists, the code to trigger it does not.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Tunicate posted:

Last i heard, the cutscene exists, the code to trigger it does not.

They pulled the code out after a bug (a simple integer overflow) triggered the cutscene early.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Playing Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and I just rode a tailrider mount past three other players while chasing the monster and it felt pimp as all hell.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Astral Chain has a lot of little things in it that I enjoy like vending machines having different personalities or having to use the joycons to balance icecream you're holding.
I also noticed that the traffic lights work.
https://twitter.com/hoodwinkedfool/status/1170427006791499776?s=20
Not a big thing but totally unnecessary in a game like this.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This is so loving dumb that I can't believe I didn't realize it earlier but if you have a gun setup with enough recoil in MOTHERGUNSHIP you can shoot at the ground and propel yourself through the air

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
One of the new helmets in MHW: Iceborne is just a living monkey that clutches on to your head

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

someone earlier in the thread was talking about General Speeches in total war and actually this is the best one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVE-mncKFsA&t=10s

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Astral Chain is basically just Platinum making an Evangelion game, only instead of piloting a giant robot you're commanding a leashed cyborg monster.

They absolutely know what they've done, because the first unlockable color scheme when you get the ability to customize your cyborg monster is a straight-up exact match for Unit-01.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cleretic posted:

Astral Chain is basically just Platinum making an Evangelion game, only instead of piloting a giant robot you're commanding a leashed cyborg monster.

They absolutely know what they've done, because the first unlockable color scheme when you get the ability to customize your cyborg monster is a straight-up exact match for Unit-01.

This post and your avatar remind me that Warframe is basically the same thing: troubled teens piloting horrifying cybernetic meat abominations, only the abominations are smaller, and are sometimes cowboys, clowns, Martian mummified pharaohs, or dapper gentlemen in fleshy tuxedos. And they all ride hoverboards and play guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgaygeTxY4k

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The lore and atmosphere of the dishonored series is great and honestly I wish I lived there

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Wouldn't you be afraid of the whalers?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cleretic posted:

They're not exactly subtle about it; Your taskforce's name is "Neuron".

Can't believe I didn't make this connection myself until someone pointed it out :cripes:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Vic posted:

Wouldn't you be afraid of the whalers?

I assume I would somehow be part of the privileged rich class and not deal with any of the bad parts

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The bad news is that the economic and social basis of Dishonored's world is heavily implied to be unsustainable, actively failing and the point where it all comes crashing down around rich and poor alike is right around the corner.

The good news involves your wish to live there

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

My Lovely Horse posted:

The bad news is that the economic and social basis of Dishonored's world is heavily implied to be unsustainable, actively failing and the point where it all comes crashing down around rich and poor alike is right around the corner.

And you also get apricot tartlets and jellied eels to eat.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Someone needs to introduce corvo to una don.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

My Lovely Horse posted:

Oh it's worse; The planet's also headed towards a black hole iirc.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

oldpainless posted:

The lore and atmosphere of the dishonored series is great and honestly I wish I lived there

It looks like it smells like spoiled meat and rotten garbage everywhere.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

control just has a random room you can wander into that's empty save for a pair of giant speakers playing poets of the fall songs

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They're not exactly subtle about it; Your taskforce's name is "Neuron".

Can't believe I didn't make this connection myself until someone pointed it out :cripes:

Neuron’s five-petaled flower logo is also basically the non-text part of the NERV logo.

Astral Chain is a freaking joy to play and I’m really glad I pulled the trigger on it.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

I love how in MGSV on PC you can add your own custom music into the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSoa9rymP50

Then I found Kojima

lold at this mission area / mission combo

and upgraded my emblem:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Vic posted:

lold at this mission area / mission combo

Haha I think I'm doing that exact mission now.

This game never runs out of fun little touches, even occasionally doing badly enough to get the "you suck" hat makes me laugh, it really adds a touch to the morally ambiguous cutscene moments

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Haha I think I'm doing that exact mission now.

This game never runs out of fun little touches, even occasionally doing badly enough to get the "you suck" hat makes me laugh, it really adds a touch to the morally ambiguous cutscene moments

Right as you exit the mine, drop down two jeeps, and tranq the "Mbele soldiers". You'll know what to do next.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

It looks like it smells like spoiled meat and rotten garbage everywhere.

I was talking about dishonored, not your posting

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

oldpainless posted:

I was talking about dishonored, not your posting

More like oldmerciless

For content, if you zoom in on bathroom in Planet Coaster you can hear someone whistling the theme song.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Astral Chain has a lot of little things in it that I enjoy like vending machines having different personalities or having to use the joycons to balance icecream you're holding.

I don't have the game but here's another one along those lines.

Apparently the vending machines have personalities too.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/588961077455224833/620486083284828170/yd9OzPjnl4R4Pngk.mp4

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ugh Astral Chain's gonna be the one to make me buy a Switch isn't it

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh it's worse; The planet's also headed towards a black hole iirc.

Wait what? Is this something that comes up in Death of the Outsider or did I miss it somewhere else?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

RareAcumen posted:

I don't have the game but here's another one along those lines.

Apparently the vending machines have personalities too.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/588961077455224833/620486083284828170/yd9OzPjnl4R4Pngk.mp4

Once you get the camera you can take photos of npcs to unlock a profile for them. Each personality of vending machine gets its own file.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Goddamn, that game is so Anime even the vending-machines are Tsundere.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Goddamn, that game is so Anime even the vending-machines are Tsundere.

So far it seems like there's almost a different personality per chapter for the local vending machines. The chirpy ones are just so happy to see you :allears:.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Astral Chain is a garish kitchen sink of a game and has far too many half baked systems for anyone sane to call good design, but it's a joy to just let it wash over you sometimes

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Wait what? Is this something that comes up in Death of the Outsider or did I miss it somewhere else?

It's some piece of fanfiction spun from a single book entry from the first game IIRC. Because every single thing written down in-universe can't just be straight up wrong or from an untrustworthy source.

Personally I'm more into the giant owls seen in 2 and DotO.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

There are giant mythical owls? What is this, FEZ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

On top of this since it's a futuristic scifi world the traffic lights are augmented with holograms across the intersection. A red barrier when it's not safe and a green highlight across the street (combined with stop barriers for traffic) when it is.

It's sharp and something I could easily see being done in real life if we get the tech.