Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

Conservatives (Ted Heath Is Innocent, Because The Age Of Consent Should Be Abolished)
Libertarian Alliance is already registered.

Ms Adequate posted:

Anna Soubry
hosed up if true.

e: 125 is the average age of a Tory Lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lol if real

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Facehammer posted:

Posting because I remembered one of you was specifically looking forward to Boris breaking down in tears as all his hopes and dreams are cruelly dashed before his eyes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/07/opinion/sunday/dominic-cummings-brexit.html

Truly a Bizarre Adventure.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Looke posted:

lol if real

He posted it because it's an obvious fake that way too many people are falling for. Read the replies.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lol even better

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I just realised that even in a fairly best case Labour government scenario (with NOM since an actual majority would require the LDs to go back to getting no votes) there's going to probably be at least one brexit party MP who's going to be on every single politics program on the BBC for the rest of time :negative:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

RabidWeasel posted:

I just realised that even in a fairly best case Labour government scenario (with NOM since an actual majority would require the LDs to go back to getting no votes) there's going to probably be at least one brexit party MP who's going to be on every single politics program on the BBC for the rest of time :negative:

And then become Prime Minister and start running concentration camps, if Years and Years is to be believed.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

RabidWeasel posted:

what difference'd that make

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1170457418620387329?s=20

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RabidWeasel posted:

On the other hand, just imagine the hilarious backstabbing scramble to be that one BXP MP.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I mean 2 things are liable to happen when it comes to the BBC upon a Labour election victory. 1) Is that they will suddenly change up a load of programming (expect to see Fiona Bruce wearing a beret and talking about the Bourgoise sensibilities of many of the panel) and 2) This will not stop the directors getting booted out and then replaced with an actually semi-independent board.

That and the bringing in of new legislation to hopefully tell the papers they can't just keep making poo poo up and twisting it for their billionaire owners.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Ms Adequate posted:

Parties standing in the UK General Election 2019:

Labour
Greens
Liberal Democrats
The Democrats
Conservatives (No Deal)
Conservatives (No No Deal)
Conservatives (Cameron Faction)
Conservatives (Goveian Reach)
Conservatives (Monarchist)
Conservatives (Independent)
Conservatives (Ted Heath Is Innocent)
Conservatives (Ted Heath Is Innocent, Because The Age Of Consent Should Be Abolished)
Amber Rudd's Fantastic Spectacular
UKIP
UKIP (Faragist Tendency)
Brexit Party
Brexit Party (Anti-Faragist Tendency)
The Independents
The Independent Group for Change
New Change UK
Doctrinaire TIG
Anna Soubry

You forgot Change UK (Milkist-Leninist)

Facehammer posted:

Posting because I remembered one of you was specifically looking forward to Boris breaking down in tears as all his hopes and dreams are cruelly dashed before his eyes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/07/opinion/sunday/dominic-cummings-brexit.html

:bisonyes:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

It's a nice percentage of people who are definitively opposed to a no deal scenario.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if that baby declares bankruptcy now they could have good credit by eight

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

some solid Culture vessels there

GSV Ted Heath Is Innocent, Because The Age Of Consent Should Be Abolished
GOU Faragist Tendency
ROU Amber Rudd's Fantastic Spectacular
ROU The Independent Group for Change
(D)LOU Doctrinaire TIG

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
It's so loving insane that nearly 25% of the people with a preference specifically want no deal

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

quote:

Parties standing in the UK General Election 2019:

Discarded Unneeded Party

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CGI Stardust posted:

some solid Culture vessels there

GSV Ted Heath Is Innocent, Because The Age Of Consent Should Be Abolished
GOU Faragist Tendency
ROU Amber Rudd's Fantastic Spectacular
ROU The Independent Group for Change
(D)LOU Doctrinaire TIG

Ms Adequate posted:

Anna Soubry

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Nice piece of fish posted:

9. In fact I actively try to avoid speaking german, because I'm not very good. Norwegian I do speak though. Both languages, as well as obviously my own dialect which is basically incomprehensible to non-native speakers.

I thought nobody actually spoke nynorsk (as opposed to writing it)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
did anyone else know that geert wilders had a loving huge head?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1170460593880358913?s=20

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I was explaining the latest hilarious developments in the Brexit farce, but it occurred to me as I was explaining it that these politicians keep running everything into the ground for fear of losing their jobs. But everyone who has tried to Brexit has lost their job! So what the hell?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Arglebargle III posted:

I was explaining the latest hilarious developments in the Brexit farce, but it occurred to me as I was explaining it that these politicians keep running everything into the ground for fear of losing their jobs. But everyone who has tried to Brexit has lost their job! So what the hell?

"But I'm the best, and as such I can solve this huge mess without anyone else helping me, because I know best" -Brexit fucks them- "WHOOOOO COULD HAVE GUEEEESSSED"

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Arglebargle III posted:

In a lot of cases, particularly all the various cowards, traitors, quitters, etc, they know they can't stand up to an actual election, so it really doesn't matter what they do as long as it doesn't trigger an election, so they can gently caress up as royally as they want as long as it's in the service of them not getting handed their arses by people they thought cared who they were, instead of what rosette they wore.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

i don't know if the Culture actually has a ship powered only by ethanol

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Jose posted:

did anyone else know that geert wilders had a loving huge head?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1170460593880358913?s=20

Were gonna need some bigger callipers

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Were gonna need some bigger callipers

Geert ist a Belter

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
So the Tories were already sinking but now they are Rudderless.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Imagine being an old lefty Labour MP and watching Thatcher's party tear itself apart :getin:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

suck my woke dick posted:

Imagine being an old lefty Labour MP and watching Thatcher's party tear itself apart :getin:

Dennis Skinner must be loving loving this.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

suck my woke dick posted:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Josef bugman posted:

I mean 2 things are liable to happen when it comes to the BBC upon a Labour election victory. 1) Is that they will suddenly change up a load of programming (expect to see Fiona Bruce wearing a beret and talking about the Bourgoise sensibilities of many of the panel) and 2) This will not stop the directors getting booted out and then replaced with an actually semi-independent board.

That and the bringing in of new legislation to hopefully tell the papers they can't just keep making poo poo up and twisting it for their billionaire owners.
Corbs winning and implementing Leveson 2 on Day 1 would probably impact the country for the better long-term than anything else. (Except, y'know, :thermidor:.)

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
It's a delight to watch the fuckers get their comeuppance.
Not as satisfying as the guillotine but still the fact they are tearing themselves apart is just :discourse:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Josef bugman posted:

I mean 2 things are liable to happen when it comes to the BBC upon a Labour election victory. 1) Is that they will suddenly change up a load of programming (expect to see Fiona Bruce wearing a beret and talking about the Bourgoise sensibilities of many of the panel)

This is loving hilarious to imagine.

Expect to also see a BBC front page picture of Corbyn with the tita " The Day Has Come"

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Expect to also see a BBC front page picture of Corbyn with the tita " The Day Has Come"

This looks like one of the faction pictures in an independent real time strategy game about class warfare.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think at this point it is.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Purple Prince posted:

This looks like one of the faction pictures in an independent real time strategy game about class warfare.

New Positech game lookin good

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I like this bit from the Guardian:

graun posted:

Sources within government said Johnson’s senior aide, Dominic Cummings, told fellow advisers on Friday that last week’s purge of rebel MPs such as Clarke was “only the beginning” of a ruthless strategy to push Brexit through. It is understood he told advisers: “By the time we get to the end of this, [those opposing Johnson’s plans] are going to melt.”

Big brain Cummings.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I am so so here for each and every time de Pfeffel steps on a rake at Cummings' behest.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Igotadigbick posted:

It's a delight to watch the fuckers get their comeuppance.
Not as satisfying as the guillotine but still the fact they are tearing themselves apart is just :discourse:

They won't get their true comeuppance as Corbyn will never be allowed to win in this hellscape society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Someone mock up that old Sun front page that says “Can the last person to leave the country please turn out the lights?” but instead of “Country” it’s the Conservative Party.