Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath for September 3 Kataphron Destroyers from Games Workshop.

This feel like a lazy pledge, as I did the exact same pledge last season, but this month is going to be stupidly busy for me and I want to oath with models I know won't take me much time. If my schedule frees up, then I'll do some oath additions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for September:

Four Bolts, Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath 1 Lucius Mattheson from Wyrd Miniatures.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath a GW Sisters of Battle Icon Bearer for September

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September:

3 big tents,
3 medium tents,
1 cart and horse,
Assorted crates, logs, barrels and barricades

All from Mantic, 28mm

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September:

3 big tents,
3 medium tents,
1 cart and horse,
Assorted crates, logs, barrels and barricades

All from Mantic, 28mm

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath a GW Sisters of Battle Icon Bearer for September

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath 1 Lucius Mattheson from Wyrd Miniatures.

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for September:

Four Bolts, Corvus Belli, 28mm.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for September...

Gaia and Fiddler for Aristeia, Corvus Belli.

Duct Tape posted:

This feel like a lazy pledge, as I did the exact same pledge last season, but this month is going to be stupidly busy for me and I want to oath with models I know won't take me much time. If my schedule frees up, then I'll do some oath additions.

Approved!

Also the August Gallery is now up, go double check your pics are there - https://imgur.com/a/VldiHF3

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 8, 2019

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I weirdo oath 2 fairies from Reaper, 28mm for September!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath 1 piece of Castle Scenery for September!

Hirst Arts molds.

Going for This is an Art Attack which will be some sort of magic circle up top, and also A recipe for success.

<- new avatar courtesy of season 9 April oath :-) Just loved that guy's expression...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath for the Month of September 1 Aina, Female Valkyrie by Reaper.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

New Gulliver kind of sucks for dumping unwanted furniture now, huh.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For September I, Galaspar, oath a Chaos Lord by GW

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Oath Addition: Six Skitarii Rangers and Daedalosus the Technoarcheologist, all from Games Workshop.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Addition: Six Skitarii Rangers and Daedalosus the Technoarcheologist, all from Games Workshop.

Galaspar posted:

For September I, Galaspar, oath a Chaos Lord by GW

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath for the Month of September 1 Aina, Female Valkyrie by Reaper.

Weirdo posted:

I weirdo oath 2 fairies from Reaper, 28mm for September!

gameraMan posted:

Hirst Arts molds.

Going for This is an Art Attack which will be some sort of magic circle up top, and also A recipe for success.

<- new avatar courtesy of season 9 April oath :-) Just loved that guy's expression...

Approved!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for September

1 Horizontal Fuel Tanks and 1 Vertical Fuel Tanks by Impudent Mortal Terrain (15mm)

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

I wasn't really feeling these. CB plastics are hit and miss sculpting and detail wise.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: August Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  Doorknob Slobber

It's always nice to see these ghosts in action. You've employed some more subtle blending on the non-corporeal parts of the ghosts, which really helps to differentiate those areas from the "real" sections of the model.

Second Place, 2 points:  KingMob

Really striking contrasts here, between the warm earth tones and the ice blue of the weapons. This is a striking color scheme, and you pull it off with some very precise brushwork. I'm also really enjoying the basing as well.

First Place, 3 points:  Duct Tape

Your AdMech stuff is great as usual, but that new color scheme is amazing. The antiquing on the gold, the gems, the intricate line work, it all comes together on these models in a really pleasing fashion.

Bonus Point:  Zark the Damned

Really nice variety on these models. The weapons swaps on the not-Tin-Man are great, but the weathering and oxidizing on the ship are really impressive.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:August judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: LazyAngel

A good looking team. The metals look good, the horns are great, and the blue is a nice contrast to the rest.

Second place, 2 points: Zark the Damned

Cool boat! The barnacles and plants are a nice touch, and I like grey wood.

First place, 3 points: KingMob

I like the different kinds of wood, the clear blues, especially on the horns. The skull on the base is also very well done.

Bonus, 1 point: Galaspar

I like these cultists, and the conversion/kitbashing is really nice.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
:catdrugs: AugustJudgement :catdrugs:

3rd Place (1pts): Zark the Damned

I'd love to base an entire session of an RPG around this shipwreck. The extreme patina on the figurehead contrasted with the bright green moss makes this ship look like it has an interesting story behind it.

2nd Place (2pts): KingMob

The white-blue stands out starkly next to the natural wood, however the colors absolutely work together. Someone who knows more than me about color theory would be able to say why, but I can certainly say these guys look great!

1st Place (3pts): LazyAngel

Love this! The clean skintones, blends on the hair, clothing, and accessories, all work together to make these models look fantastically crisp.

Bonus (1pts): Doorknob Slobber

Bonus point for blends on the ghosts and clean lines for the leather straps!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Complete!
Tons of Adeptus Mechanicus this month, but it will likely be the last of my admech for a while. I've finally built enough that I have a couple different army lists I can play around with.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Oath Complete!

https://imgur.com/wuA0Yyk

https://imgur.com/ioAN0wq

https://imgur.com/go3DxxH

Claiming September - This is an Art Attack for the unit logo on the shoulders and Take one for the team since they're all Bolts and can be linked in a fireteam.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!

gameraMan posted:

Hirst Arts molds.

Oath Addition!

So I'm mostly done with this thing and I decide, no, I don't like the magic circle idea so I built these stone columns that will have runes on them for the Art Attack challenge, and as such wish to add to this oath:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

A selection of barricades and rubble

Horse, cart and cargo (cart can be used on it's own and emptied, it's not glued)

Small tents

Grand tents suitable for generals of the Empire to hold their war councils in style! Challenge is the freehand symbols on these.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for September

1 Horizontal Fuel Tanks and 1 Vertical Fuel Tanks by Impudent Mortal Terrain (15mm)

gameraMan posted:

Oath Addition!

So I'm mostly done with this thing and I decide, no, I don't like the magic circle idea so I built these stone columns that will have runes on them for the Art Attack challenge, and as such wish to add to this oath:

Approved!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, oath 7 Chaos Cultists and 1 Cultist Firebrand from Games Workshop for September 2019!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Cheeky little speed oath time!

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September, Iron Maiden Hecate for Hellboy the Boardgame.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete

I am claiming the monthly Art Attack for the freehand on the banner. I had bigger plans and had to scale them down to fit my skills :v: I should maybe invest in some decals for the future.

Closeup of the banner, which kind of makes me want to cry. The actual thing is like 3/8" x 3/4" so it looks much better in person!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath complete!

Well, that was even quicker then Ok thought! Claiming speed painting for this one.

Ugleb posted:

Cheeky little speed oath time!

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September, Iron Maiden Hecate for Hellboy the Boardgame.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, oath 7 Chaos Cultists and 1 Cultist Firebrand from Games Workshop for September 2019!

Oath Complete!

Claiming Need 4 Speed for the whole batch.

Edit: Can I also claim A Faithful Replica? I was trying to approximate the official scheme with Contrast paints:

Ugleb posted:

Oath complete!

Well, that was even quicker then Ok thought! Claiming speed painting for this one.

I think you need a timestamp with the finished piece for it to count, you can still get it though!

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 30, 2019

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

Claiming:

Art Attack for freehand on cloak

Spic N Span:

and Faithful Replica:

By god I tried to do that damask/brocade pattern on his jacket for the freehand this month but gently caress that nightmare.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

gently caress it, I’ll do a quick Oath for September.

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint these models from FFG's Star Wars: Legion. It's the Priority Supplies pack, found here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-legion/products/priority-supplies-battlefield-expansion/

I’m claiming Get the Crystal on these, since they’re objective tokens.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 30, 2019

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

Claiming Art Attack for the freehanded Mark of Nurgle and the cloak border.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Oath complete. I realized too late that I don’t really have any good metal colors, so this is about as good as I could get.

I did the boxes to match the color scheme of my range markers and movement templates, that I did way back when for the same game.

Range rulers/templates:

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
September Oath Complete!

Hirst Arts molded castle scenery, plus a couple of stone columns I added on later:

Claiming Art Attack for the hand-made runes.

Also A recipe for success:

So this thing is big, and so I’m thinking I’ll do a lot in craft paints, especially for the base. And I’m thinking I’ll try out some tones on top of the drybrush to get a good texture. And the tones just wash away the craft paint completely on the spot I test… So I switch to GW washes and some more layers before trying the tones again. Anyway lessons learned don’t mix craft paints and tones! Details…

Stone:
Craft brown paint wash
Craft black wash
Craft dark grey wash
Craft medium grey overbrush
Craft light grey overbrush
MC white/Craft LT grey drybrush
Experimenting with tones washes away craft…
GW black wash
Celestia Grey drybrush
White drybrush
Agrax Earthshade wash (my new favorite thing)
Layers of Celestia Grey with more and more white, drybrushed
Nuln oil wash for a glistening look

Runes:
Green stuff shapes
Warpstone Glow layer
The Army Painter Witch Brew blend
Model Color Yellow-Green blend (layered, adding white)
Citadel Biel-Tan Green shade
Waywatcher Green Glaze

Fun project, always enjoy the scenery...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:cheerdoge: OATH COMPLETE :cheerdoge:

Too big for the photo booth. Going with the recently field painted look on the tanks for now, will try it that way on the table before hitting it with matt and/or weathering.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, September is over! Onwards to the spoopiest month-

quote:

October - Fight of the Century
We have a winner! - Your model should feature the spoils of their battle. This could be a grisly trophy, kill marking or purloined wargear.
A loser is you - Your model should be battered and beaten, showing heavy damage, scarring or other general battle damage.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for October...

Axl and Hippolyta, Aristeia, Corvus Belli

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 2 Reaper Bones ...zombie hunters?

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 4, 2019

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for October:

Aida Swanson, 28mm, Corvus Belli.

edit:

gonna clean this mess up while I'm at it

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 5, 2019

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

I, Brock Samonite, Oath The Folllowing For October:
A bunch of planes from GW's new game Aeronautica Imperialis that totally won't get dropped right away. :cripes:

3 dakka jet, 2 fighta bomma, 2 thunderbolt, 2 marauder

Cat Face Joe posted:

Aida Swanson, 28mm, Corvus Belli.
Our Lady of Perpetual Infiltration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath for the month of October:

1 2nd Edition Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka from Games Workshop

Scooped him up on eBay so I'm going for Rescue Ranger on this guy.