Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Episodes 114-116 are a fantastic block of hilarious and horrible things related to TV Tropes and Dozerfleet (incels love-shys, whiny teenagers, NaNoWriMo). 117 is also good if your favorite thing about Dozerfleet was his overpowering creepiness.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Episodes 114-116 are a fantastic block of hilarious and horrible things related to TV Tropes and Dozerfleet (incels love-shys, whiny teenagers, NaAnoWriMo). 117 is also good if your favorite thing about Dozerfleet was his overpowering creepiness.

I saw overpowering creepiness, started ep 117, and in twenty minutes I’ve said “Oh, noooo” out loud twice.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:unsmigghh:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I didn't remember which episode 117 was, but I called it even before I checked the site.

MOOOOTHERRRRR

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

I didn't remember which episode 117 was, but I called it even before I checked the site.

MOOOOTHERRRRR

So much weird mom stuff in that episode. It was amazing and horrifying in equal measure.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

quote:

NaNoWriMo

quote:

What the hell buddy

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I wanna read the tv tropes page for the tv tropes episode

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

T-man posted:

I wanna read the tv tropes page for the tv tropes episode

The TVtropes page was almost certainly just made by a few f-plus fans, unfortunately. Nothing good on there. I checked a few weeks ago when I first listened to the tropertales episodes.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I'm not exactly an expert but didn't TVTropes admin change hands a few years ago, and started trying to be more "respectable" and objective, thus transforming from a pathetic joke to just pathetic? Seems like they've tried to bury the STDH.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

That Old Tree posted:

I'm not exactly an expert but didn't TVTropes admin change hands a few years ago, and started trying to be more "respectable" and objective, thus transforming from a pathetic joke to just pathetic? Seems like they've tried to bury the STDH.

Yeah, the troper tales got axed, which was sad because they were an unending source of things to internet safari.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, the troper tales got axed, which was sad because they were an unending source of things to internet safari.

On the other hand they were the same poo poo tier teenager posts you cans find on just about any bulletin board or forum on the internet, so nothing of value was lost. I’m not even going to check but I’m sure someone started a Troper Tales off-site so you can get your fix that way if you’re really jonesing.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Midjack posted:

On the other hand they were the same poo poo tier teenager posts you cans find on just about any bulletin board or forum on the internet, so nothing of value was lost. I’m not even going to check but I’m sure someone started a Troper Tales off-site so you can get your fix that way if you’re really jonesing.

I feel like TVTropes demographics made for an environment with some primo poo poo that didn’t happen.txt type stuff. Was it all “that kid is inhuman” level? No. But were the gems fantastic? Oh hell yes.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Man, it's been a while, but the content from the 50 foot woman and lift 'n carry docs were more pleasant (or less unpleasant) to visualize yeah? At least this first reading, yeesh, the earnest dom perspective made me wince like a tale about dick bugs. The ridiculous sub fantasies afterwards were amazing.

Kudos to the readers for being on fire with their quips and tangents throughout the read. That high-pitched voice, holy poo poo. I'll have to check out this new chatbox called......skype.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
oh my god Super Charge Me is really funny

Also all of these people are the loving worst.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

kalensc posted:

Man, it's been a while, but the content from the 50 foot woman and lift 'n carry docs were more pleasant (or less unpleasant) to visualize yeah? At least this first reading, yeesh, the earnest dom perspective made me wince like a tale about dick bugs. The ridiculous sub fantasies afterwards were amazing.

I agree that visualizing this content was rough, but I honestly found this less grody than a lot of fetish episodes, just because both sides of the fetish were represented. The interplay of "I wanna be sexually rude to you"/"oh, yes, PLEASE be sexually rude to me" from two obviously enthusiastic parties feels way less gross than the ones that are just dudes fantasizing about victims fantasy partners.

Also, both "be sexually rude to" and "a new chatbox called... Skype" are going to stick with me.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

That's one big difference with the gay fetish sites that get featured on The F Plus--straight fetish sites seem to scare off most of the women (can't imagine why :confused:) so you only get one side of the fetish represented, and the sites feel more pervy because it's all about ogling women's watches or whatever. Gay fetish sites manage to keep around both the object(s) and the subject(s) so it's more of, like, an actual community instead of a peeping tom discussion forum.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

plus gay sex is better sex

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Djeser posted:

That's one big difference with the gay fetish sites that get featured on The F Plus--straight fetish sites seem to scare off most of the women (can't imagine why :confused:) so you only get one side of the fetish represented, and the sites feel more pervy because it's all about ogling women's watches or whatever. Gay fetish sites manage to keep around both the object(s) and the subject(s) so it's more of, like, an actual community instead of a peeping tom discussion forum.

yea it's for sure still hilarious but at least with gay stuff you have both sides of the fetish all "YEA THIS GETS ME GOIN MY DUDE" so it's more like 'ok rock on have your weird funny sex then'. When it's just half the relationship it feels way more creepy.

also

T-man posted:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ixjuvin posted:

oh my god Super Charge Me is really funny

Also all of these people are the loving worst.

Yes, but now I'm wondering what Swords!! could have been with Frank West's input :negative:

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

T-man posted:

With straight sex you're lucky to recite a single verse of an ancient incantation

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Djeser posted:

With straight sex you're lucky to recite a single verse of an ancient incantation

Heteros use antiquated, inferior chatboxes that cannot stand up to the power of the Bear Guardian

Bozarth
Sep 2, 2003

What fucking language are you speaking?
as a hetro, i only ICQ my wife to procreate

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Bozarth posted:

I CQC mine

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

:chloe:

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Snake, remember the basics of Consensual Quiet Cuddling!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

HoboTech posted:

Snake, remember the basics of Consensual Quiet Cuddling!

He practices often enough with his life partner Mario

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hey, you’re pretty good! :ocelot:

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Put the vibrator on the ground and psycho mantis will move it with his mind

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

THE LESBIATHAN posted:

Honestly trying to figure out how to make Traficant relevant to the campaign, but anything I do isn't insane enough to fit his profile.

My response to this is, "hold my beer."

I've done a little research and the weirdness is already more than I expected. The dude died from a rollover accident in a 1943 Ford tractor. I find myself comparing him to Brobert more and more.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Grondoth posted:

Someone tell Frank that his isekai joke was understood and appreciated.

I think he needs to know.

That and the JRPG ellipsis joke reminded me why Frank is my favorite reader.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Such an unapologetic weeb.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Lemon mentioned on ball pit that news about F Plus Live will be drooping soon. Anyone been to one of those? I think I’m gonna go this year, it looks fun.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

It was the smallest theater I've ever been in, Sitting Here's cheering left me almost deaf in one ear, and Lemon nearly tripped over my feet. 10/10 will be going to the next one

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm really tempted to do the next F Plus Live if time and money even remotely allow

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Bozarth posted:

"When is one punch man gonna kill this guy" was a real highlight btw, also the pitch shifting was extremely funny

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Antivehicular posted:

I agree that visualizing this content was rough, but I honestly found this less grody than a lot of fetish episodes, just because both sides of the fetish were represented. The interplay of "I wanna be sexually rude to you"/"oh, yes, PLEASE be sexually rude to me" from two obviously enthusiastic parties feels way less gross than the ones that are just dudes fantasizing about victims fantasy partners.

Also, both "be sexually rude to" and "a new chatbox called... Skype" are going to stick with me.

I should have finished the ep before posting. The opening post they read was fine enough on a re-listen, and everything afterwards was top-10-episode-ever material. Innerspace, Paul Ryan, my god those riffs were spectacular.

Also I've somehow been sleeping on Achilles Heelies' as a reader, the guy had some amazing quips throughout.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

I finished City of Glass the other day. I thought Vis was a really charming GM and he obviously poured a lot of love and thought into his scenario!

Part Time Gods is just stupid levels of good so far. I'm going to be singing Stog's cat songs in my head for a while.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Grab your metal shavings and catalyzed resin. We've got a world to save!

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

ParserGirl posted:

I finished City of Glass the other day. I thought Vis was a really charming GM and he obviously poured a lot of love and thought into his scenario!

Part Time Gods is just stupid levels of good so far. I'm going to be singing Stog's cat songs in my head for a while.

Thank you! I feel like there's a lot of stuff I'd do differently in retrospect, but I'm glad someone enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Magical thinking about electricity fascinates me because it's such a relatively recent invention and people seem unable to accept that it's just a natural force we discovered, it has to be special somehow. I've got a raging cold at the moment and a bit scattered so I'm pretty sure I missed a Prestige reference if there was one, but if there was, bravo.