Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah it blewup in their faces when one of the top tweets of the #Cancel Funimation was Vic's deposition transcripts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Go ahead and appeal, ya fuckstains. See how another judge treats you

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Jesus wept these guys are dumb. I wish I had no moral compass so I could be a grifter too.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1170460923305365505?s=19

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mods please change my custom title to "Luxu the Dark Prince of the Underworld"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lol at Vicstans thinking this a criminal case when it's a civil case started by Vic

Also changing Judges will do little since the case is such a mess on the technical side. No judge is going to have the time for the incompetence of Vic's Lawyers especially since so much of it leads to wasted time

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Julias posted:

Yeah, Nick obtained them from an undisclosed source (probably a former funimation employee) and was trying to cause a shitstorm over it to get the #cancel crowd to attack Funimation, the VAs, and try to get Toei Animation mad at Sony and Funimation. (As well as to cover the the abysmal response to the TCPAs Ty wrote that was due the very next day :ssh: ) As you can imagine, none of that really panned out.

There was also allegations leveled at Chris Sabat for running a casting couch-style audition process for women at FUNi and his own studio, but as far as I know the only place that's come up was in Chuck Huber's affidavit (which was entered by Beard, but later withdrawn). Sabat flatly denied it in a statement and as far as I know nobody's come forward to support the claims.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

There was also allegations leveled at Chris Sabat for running a casting couch-style audition process for women at FUNi and his own studio, but as far as I know the only place that's come up was in Chuck Huber's affidavit (which was entered by Beard, but later withdrawn). Sabat flatly denied it in a statement and as far as I know nobody's come forward to support the claims.

Yeah, that was pretty bluntly an attempt by the Vicstans to muddy the waters and start rumors. It started being *all* they asked about super quick until an article came out pretty thoroughly debunking it and pointing out the complete lack of any evidence or prior claims.

Unlike Viccy-poo who has been facing these allegations for longer than some people able to vote have been alive.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Justin_Brett posted:

It's nice when things happen the way they should.

And I like your avatar, Wark.
It's very beefy.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dawgstar posted:

What's more, the bulk of that was based on the assumption that this was why Stephanie Nadolny lost the role of Gohan.

Anine News Network actually released an article concisely addressed a lot of this stuff that Chuck claimed in his affidavit.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-09-04/updated-law-and-disorder-mignogna-counsel-files-rescinds-affidavits-in-3-days/.150613

And ooops:

quote:

In an audio interview with Jason of Maven Collectibles published in February 2019, Stephanie Nadolny said that in approximately December 2010 a female friend told her that she was being replaced in the Dragon Ball franchise. Nadolny states that she does not know why she was replaced.
"The director made a decision to make some changes and there's nothing I can do about it," Nadolny said. She stated that her last audition was with voice actor Mike McFarland in 2009 and it was the last time she heard from anyone at Funimation.
"I'm still very hurt by it," Nadolny said. "I was blindsided. No one explained anything to me." Nadolny goes on to say that she suspected her dismissal might have been in part due to a break-up with a man she was dating from 2003 to 2009.
"When we split, he absolutely, completely freaked out and his ego was affected, like 'I'm going to ruin your career.' He called all my employers and aired my business," Nadolny said. "I think that's what kind of led to me not being able to reprise my character." Nadolny described the situation as pushing her out of the "clique" within Funimation. She described the fall-out from the break-up as abusive and threatening.
In the interview, Nadolny stated she had at least three witnesses to her ex's behavior as well as e-mail evidence.

The audio interview is on YouTube here, and can confirm the statements match with the quote. https://youtu.be/b8Ry6ssUjAg

So all the rumors about stephanie and the casting couch, were 100% debunked. :razz:

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

I hadn't heard about the Chuck Huber thing; shame, he seems like a decent enough guy, so I don't entirely get why he would side with Vic. I wonder if he'll be working with Funi after that.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

I hadn't heard about the Chuck Huber thing; shame, he seems like a decent enough guy, so I don't entirely get why he would side with Vic. I wonder if he'll be working with Funi after that.

From what I understand there was a time when Chuck was contemplating suicide and Vic was the one who talked him down from the ledge. No idea if it's true, but that'd give a man a hell of a reason to stay loyal.

Though he's also a Flat Earther, Truther, Birther...he's fallen for pretty much every single big name conspiracy theory, so the idea that there's a vast conspiracy involved in defaming his friend would probably hook him too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

One of Huber's things was he heard Sabat and others disparaging Vic's faith, and I'm wondering if that wasn't so much 'hur hur Vic's a Christian' but instead 'wow Vic's really bad at it.'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

One of Huber's things was he heard Sabat and others disparaging Vic's faith, and I'm wondering if that wasn't so much 'hur hur Vic's a Christian' but instead 'wow Vic's really bad at it.'

I mean to be 100% honest I can absolutely believe a bunch of 30+ nerds would be exactly the kind of people to be making fun of religion or at least making comments a religious guy would find uncomfortable. It's something I'm always kind of mildly aware of because there's a part of my brain that goes "that's blasphemous" when someone talks about Sonic the HedgehogxJesus yaoi fanfiction even though I'm far from a believer in any shape or form now. It's the kind of offhand joke I don't think most people pay attention to because their circle doesn't really contain people who would get strongly upset by it.

Vic's still a terrible example of his faith, natch.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The kiwis have started a thread to make fun of the vicstans. I guess that's to be expected though.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

mallratcal posted:

The kiwis have started a thread to make fun of the vicstans. I guess that's to be expected though.

So they're making fun of themselves?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Keltar posted:

Pretty much. Turns out even most of them think attacking the judge is a dumb idea.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Keltar posted:

Kiwi Farms’ whole thing is being “neutral” and making fun of/harassing anybody that they deem a “LOLcow.” 99% of the time they pick a side anyway, but it’s not entirely a monolithic entity. There was even a Vic thread years ago, apparently.

To be fair though I’m not a member of the site and have only really read it when they were helping with the Shmorky debacle and when following links on Twitter during this whole shitshow, so there’s a chance I’m off-base.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

mallratcal posted:

Kiwi Farms loves nothing more than to eat their own, so it's not shocking.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Pretty much, when I first heard about the site I got curious and tried to check it out. But all that would load was a rant by the sites owner complaining about some users who had doxxed him after an argument on the forum. Its pretty much just a gathering of extreme misanthropes who can't stand each other.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Baka-nin posted:

Pretty much, when I first heard about the site I got curious and tried to check it out. But all that would load was a rant by the sites owner complaining about some users who had doxxed him after an argument on the forum. Its pretty much just a gathering of extreme misanthropes who can't stand each other.

also in supreme hypocracy the site owner takes down threads doxxing himself. What a fuckball.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Found this and it's very good
https://twitter.com/TheBrownFolder/status/1170028093395939328

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Keltar posted:

Yup it's funded.

These dumb Vic stans are attacking the judges facebook, that's a smart way to win ain't it.

Apparently that facebook page hasn't been active since 2010, so they're basically yelling at an empty house.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Props to folks going after Nick and asking why he's not streaming about the catastrophic failure. (He claims he was "at an event.")

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's so weird to me to see lawyers shitposting about cases on Twitter. Like, does that happen more often?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mulderman posted:

It's so weird to me to see lawyers shitposting about cases on Twitter. Like, does that happen more often?

Their own cases? Absolutely not.

Other people's cases? Yes, longer than Twitter has been a thing. Law blogging has always been full of snarking on judges or other idiot lawyers and their idiot clients.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I hope you guys enjoy future dramatic readings of the hearing transcript by famous dub voice actors

https://twitter.com/visoredavenger/status/1170448024771944449?s=19

https://twitter.com/sadogre/status/1170455447377260544?s=19

https://twitter.com/MrDCDouglas/status/1170574507083325440?s=19

https://twitter.com/apark2453/status/1170569270041800704?s=19

https://twitter.com/JoshMartinVoice/status/1170687411724140544?s=19

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

For a second, I misread Josh Martin's profile:
"One, only, and Original American voice actor for Dragonball Z's Majin Buu. Father. Husband. Vocalist for Rhymin' N Stealin'."

And, now, I can only imagine Majin Buu either being Hercule's son or husband.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Covok posted:

For a second, I misread Josh Martin's profile:
"One, only, and Original American voice actor for Dragonball Z's Majin Buu. Father. Husband. Vocalist for Rhymin' N Stealin'."

And, now, I can only imagine Majin Buu either being Hercule's son or husband.

It's pretty much canon that Buu is Hercules adopted son though :v:

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly
Well, that was a fun read.

Hope he tries to appeal and makes it even worse.

I have 0 knowledge about legality so all I have to add is that the anti-SLAPP poo poo fuckin' slaps lmaooooo

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1170761979939540992

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Can I get a link to the official transcript?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Covok posted:

Can I get a link to the official transcript?

It's not out yet

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Xelkelvos posted:

why the gently caress are you stanning so hard for Mignogna. Were you part of his fan club at one point or something because goddamn does the post make you look almost as dumb as Vic's lawyers. You say Vic is being exploited which implies he's somehow a victim in all of this when it's fairly obvious that his initial response of barely copping to anything in his long and sordid history of being a lovely person at conventions (to put it lightly) shows that he thinks that he's not in the wrong outside of getting caught. He's all in with the assholes who support him and willingly accepts their help rather than trying to engage in contrition and getting help in how to not be a lovely person and to not take advantage of any fan that comes up to him and fawns over him.

I doubt he's never been told not to do the things he did with fans unless you think he's lived in a bubble his entire life where he's told he can do whatever he likes as long as his version of God says it's okay. Remember that his bullshit has been an open secret for almost a decade so to assume that he was never, at any point, told that some of the poo poo he was doing might've not been a good idea is idiotic at best. He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt after it's gone on for so long without actual repercussions.

Endorph posted:

jesus christ, dude

dude was molesting kids well before he was a VA. and even if he wasn't you're literally saying 'it's hard for a VA to say 'no' when you have a bunch of teenagers...'

Dude literally raped kids. Somehow, hundreds if not thousands of other VAs manage to be around kids who want hugs without raping them.

I never said it was acceptable that he raped kids, and I’m not stanning for him no matter what you think. What I am doing is wishing he wasn’t a bad person who is a sexual predator and that he had the will to recognize what he was doing early on so he could change. Stans want to pretend he did nothing or try to justify it, which is not remotely close to what I said. I was trying to understand how he got to this point and how he justified attacking people for so long. It is also astounded me how quickly the lawyers descended on this case for a pay day but you’re right, it doesn’t matter. At this point it feels like karma, Vic will have to pay out significant chunks of money because he chose bad counsel to defend superfluous charges. Those only came about because he’s a piece of poo poo. That’s a consequence of his behavior, and he’ll have to live with it.

I’ll nip this derail in the bud by making this the last post on this particular subject, but holy poo poo, saying “I wish Vic was a better person” and trying to understand why he sexually assaulted people does not mean I am stanning for someone. For gently caress’s sake, I’ve been raped myself, I know how bad that loving is, so I’m not trying to say he did nothing wrong. He clearly did plenty wrong. PM me if you want.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Real question, what the gently caress is Stanning?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
It’s a combo of “stalker” and “fan.” Over the top intense creepy fan, that kind of thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kortel posted:

An extreme for of fandom. Basically this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Kortel posted:

Being a fan to an absurd degree. Originally had implications of stalking and creepiness - the word is derived from the Eminem song of the same name about a creepy stalker fan - but has since sort of evolved into "not just a fan but a fan who will defend the object of their fandom against anything and everything even things that are true."

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Kortel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY

EDIT: It can _also_ mean superfan, because the K-pop scene picked up the term with a positive spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Kortel posted:

It comes from the Eminem song Stan which is about an obsessive fan idolizing Eminem and then losing his poo poo when he doesn't get attention and ends up killing a woman and himself by murder suicide.

At some point in the last year or two stanning or stan became terms to describe a crazy obsessive fan. Song has been out for a long time so goes to show how some things take time to become something more.