Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

i vomit kittens posted:

i like how when you type the name in to Google the first suggested result is "nezuko kamado age"

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [23 M] really don't lime my Girlfriend [24 F] of 1 year's habit of going barefoot in public. Am I being petty?

Take her hiking, that'll fix her right quick. Particularly if you live in cactus country.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for wanting to get an abortion because my husband cheated on me?

My husband and I have been trying for baby for about a year. It has been difficult but a couple weeks ago I was found out I was pregnant. I was ecstatic. As far as I know we both were.

Last week I was trying to take a nap but the computer in my husband’s office kept chiming. He was getting messages on messenger. I went to turn the volume down and my heart dropped. He was having a conversation with his coworker. It was very sexual in nature. I scrolled through the messages and it looks like it’s been going on for months. Through my tears I printed off a bunch and threw them around the house.

I drove to my mom’s house. While my husband was texting me I ignored him. He had no idea why until he got home.

When he got home he called me. I answered and told him that I was staying at my mom’s and I don’t want to see him. He tried to tell me that they were only messages and him and his coworker have never done anything physical. I didn’t care. It still was cheating. I hung up. He came over to my mom’s house but my stepdad wouldn’t let him in.

This past week I have been doing some thinking. I don’t want to be with him and honestly want nothing to do with him. This includes the baby. I just can’t have part of him in me. It makes me sick. I want an abortion.

He told me I’m being a bitch and I’m irrational for even thinking about getting an abortion since I wanted the baby. My mom while she hates him now also thinks that I should not get one.

So AITA for wanting an abortion because my husband cheated on me?

in the words of Euripides, yeetus that fetus

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

cumshitter posted:

I was looking up the barefoot one and found this from Ask A Manager:

I emailed my girlfriend’s boss to complain that he encroached on our relationship

Yet again, the boyfriend and the boss are both completely out of line.
Really looking forward to her dumping him for almost certainly nuking her future under that boss. Bonus points if she sleeps with, dates, and marries the boss out of spite.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [23 M] really don't lime my Girlfriend [24 F] of 1 year's habit of going barefoot in public. Am I being petty?

I [23 M] been dating my girlfriend [24 F] for about a year, and I really like her for the most part. She just has this one thing that I can't really get over. She goes barefoot EVERYWHERE. In stores, malls, movie theaters, restaurants, even the doctors office! She's actually gotten thrown out of a few places because of the no shoes no service policies, but she just makes a point not to go to those places that won't let her in with barefeet.

She says she does it because she hates shoes and that going barefoot is actually healthier. I don't like it because I thinks its gross (Her soles are jet black most of the time, all though shes does always wash them when she gets home) and I don't really like the attention she attracts when I'm with her. Everyone staring at the weird lady with no shows on. I admit I have social anxiety.

I've gently asked her to wear shoes but she refuses. Am I being silly? Or am I in the right when I think going barefoot in public is gross and weird?

TL;DR GF goes barefoot in public, I think its weird and gross.

It’s loving gross.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Voting Floater posted:

Look up the character. She ain't fat. I have a horrible feeling they meant small boobs like a 14-year-old.

I think they were using chub to mean baby fat, referring to "fatty tissue which one has from childhood, but will outgrow upon reaching physical maturity."

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

That's horribly disgusting and I'm kinda surprised that she hasn't gotten staph or whatever from cutting the bottom of her foot, then getting it infected. Maybe if you go barefoot 100% of the time your feet are so hideously calloused that they turn into leather.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYiKRaBDizk

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

girlfriend a hobbit, so what

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

dick wizard posted:

Yet again, the boyfriend and the boss are both completely out of line.
Really looking forward to her dumping him for almost certainly nuking her future under that boss. Bonus points if she sleeps with, dates, and marries the boss out of spite.

I can't believe I'm defending a boss here, but work trips are boring as hell usually and I've never had a job where we didn't all spend them getting drunk most nights. There was no info in the post that he did anything at all other than get drunk with a co-worker at a bar during a work trip. I've done exactly what the boss did many times, if an employee's husband was freaking out about it and she said nothing that's on her, and only her.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
Being barefoot is great, y'all have some soft-rear end feet and need to get over yourselves

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Having a mate or two that goes barefoot a lot, yes their feet get tough, yes it's their own choice, and no it's not any more disgusting than stepping in the awful stuff with shoes on. The difference is the outdoors-y farmers wears boots when hiking and shoes/unshod when appropriate, while the city people are unshod 100% of the time.

This is all great and is their prerogative. Except when coming to visit, you bloody better be able to leave your dirty soles at the shoerack and not track crap onto my carpet you animal wtf.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I probably should not go find the poem about walking barefoot from that one F Plus episode about hobo-in' that made everyone scream because of how pretentious it was.

But considering the current thread topic, I will mention it so anyone else who read it can be reminded of it and also scream.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Serephina posted:

Having a mate or two that goes barefoot a lot, yes their feet get tough, yes it's their own choice, and no it's not any more disgusting than stepping in the awful stuff with shoes on. The difference is the outdoors-y farmers wears boots when hiking and shoes/unshod when appropriate, while the city people are unshod 100% of the time.

This is all great and is their prerogative. Except when coming to visit, you bloody better be able to leave your dirty soles at the shoerack and not track crap onto my carpet you animal wtf.

I'm a city unshod person and still wear shoes when it's appropriate. Running and hiking barefoot is great, going to the movies or out to dinner barefoot is not. You just don't notice the barefoot city folks who aren't 100% barefoot because they've got shoes on a lot of the time so they don't stand out.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for mocking my sister’s obsession with John Lennon?

quote:

Hi Reddit. I’m 35-year-old businesswoman with a college-aged sister. For some quick background on her, we (meaning myself, the rest of the family, and sister’s therapist) highly suspect she’s on the autism spectrum. She’s always struggled socially, never really had any friends, been immature for her age, went through these weird obsessive phases where she would become HOOKED on a person, a subject, etc.

Well, her current obsession is the Beatles, ESPECIALLY John Lennon. This has been, by far, her biggest and longest-lasting obsession—I think she first got into it around early 2013. Anyway, she talks nonstop about Lennon, and I mean NONSTOP. She’s constantly playing Beatles/John music for us, making up fantasy scenarios involving herself being John’s “friend,” despite him dying almost two decades before her birth. It’s even gotten to the point where she’s claiming John’s ghost visits her at night, comforting and protecting her.

Finally, the other day, I just had enough. She was going on and on about their “relationship” and how happy he makes her, and I (regrettably) snapped. I told her, “Chelsea, grow up and make some real friends. John is dead, he doesn’t care about you, and he never will.” She left the room in tears and hasn’t spoken to me since, even though I’ve tried to apologize.

I didn’t mean to be so harsh with her, I’m just concerned about her mental health and social isolation. She’s in college now, which means she’ll be entering the adult world soon, and I worry about her childish mentality. I’ve spoken to her in the past about finding a boyfriend or someone to fill the emotional void, but she turns her nose up and calls sex and romance “gross.” She has no interest in making friends here in the physical realm. I just wish I knew how to help her. I think we all do.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Inceltown posted:

I'm a city unshod person and still wear shoes when it's appropriate. Running and hiking barefoot is great, going to the movies or out to dinner barefoot is not. You just don't notice the barefoot city folks who aren't 100% barefoot because they've got shoes on a lot of the time so they don't stand out.

I'm legitimately interested in this, how did you get into being barefoot?

Is there a legit scientific basis for us being better off barefoot? I internalized this idea back in the 2000s when those stupid shoes came out but now I'm thinking about it again.

And is there a big community for it? It's not like any diet thing, it always seems to be weird dudes who want to add a weird point to themselves.

I don't want to start a derail but I'm just super curious now.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Batterypowered7 posted:

I think they were using chub to mean baby fat, referring to "fatty tissue which one has from childhood, but will outgrow upon reaching physical maturity."

Yeah, that's what others have said. I don't think I'm completely crazy for suspecting anime cosplay fan of being a creep, but I'll accept this one as me overthinking it.

And as noted, he's still an rear end in a top hat anyway.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

TheAardvark posted:

Is there a legit scientific basis for us being better off barefoot? I internalized this idea back in the 2000s when those stupid shoes came out but now I'm thinking about it again.

And is there a big community for it? It's not like any diet thing, it always seems to be weird dudes who want to add a weird point to themselves.

I grew up either barefoot or wearing shoes that didn't have a raised heel and have come to loathe the feeling of walking on my toes. As most shoes are not built to my tastes I simply don't buy them. After a while of doing this I also found that a lot of shoes now cause my heels to blister when I wear them so it became sort of self selecting. The weather here is very nice almost all year round too so you don't need to worry about losing toes to the cold and feet are actually pretty good at dealing with rough stuff if you've conditioned them.

Vibrams are just an expensive waste of time imo. They wear out too quickly and if you're feet are used to being barefoot don't help.

As for there being a community it's definitely something that exists but that is the previously mentioned barefoot or die types rather than the whatever is best for the situation like I am. There are a few people who live near me that run barefoot too and we sometimes go for a run together but it's definitely not a big thing. You're still more likely to see a homeless person with no shoes rather than someone else.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TheAardvark posted:

I dunno about the guy you quoted, but I go barefoot as often as possible. I never "got into" it or did research about whether it's healthy or tried to join a community about it. I just always stopped wearing shoes as soon as it was warm enough out (basically as soon as ice turns into icy puddles). I like how the ground feels under my feet. I don't like how shoes feel. Shoes always make me feel 100% hotter. I'm autistic, so maybe that has to do with disliking the feeling of shoes so much? But it's just a thing I do and always have. I grew up in a relatively rural area with a large yard as well. It always surprises me how many people have Opinions about being barefoot. Both those shocked at the idea some people go barefoot any chance they get, and also those who act like it's a religion.
Also, yes, your foot skin thickens. My feet are always kind of delicate in the spring, but I walk on gravel and stuff with no problems. You also just kind of learn to walk on things like that. I've stepped on pieces of glass mid summer and it just sort of presses onto the skin without cutting it. It's not really a callous, it doesn't get rough. It's just thick.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

TheAardvark posted:

I can't believe I'm defending a boss here,

You could have stopped right here.
Managers are always wrong but besides that, you shouldn't get drunk with your direct reports. This is a line I've only seen one manager cross and it created a ton of issues and he was let go about 3 months after.
Getting hammered on work trips is a time honored tradition but it should only be with peers you completely trust. Otherwise, sit at the hotel bar alone and get drunk alone like literally everyone else travelling for business.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Araenna posted:

Also, yes, your foot skin thickens. My feet are always kind of delicate in the spring, but I walk on gravel and stuff with no problems. You also just kind of learn to walk on things like that. I've stepped on pieces of glass mid summer and it just sort of presses onto the skin without cutting it. It's not really a callous, it doesn't get rough. It's just thick.

If you do tear it, though, it's a bitch and a half. I slipped off the edge of a sidewalk into the hole our power meter lives in, and on the way down caught the random sharp metal piece that sticks off.

Rebuilding is not quick.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dick wizard posted:

Managers are always wrong but besides that, you shouldn't get drunk with your direct reports. This is a line I've only seen one manager cross and it created a ton of issues and he was let go about 3 months after.
Getting hammered on work trips is a time honored tradition but it should only be with peers you completely trust. Otherwise, sit at the hotel bar alone and get drunk alone like literally everyone else travelling for business.

Gonna have to agree. Like the guy definitely shouldn’t have emailed the boss but it does seem highly inappropriate.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Inceltown posted:

well okay but it sounds like you aren't actually a "city barefoot" person, which is disgusting, but rather someone who doesn't wear shoes like, in their house or their backyard or at the park? which is totally fine and clean. i spent basically the entirety of every summer as a kid barefoot running around in the woods and on the beach and aside from some clamshell cuts and splinters it was totally harmless.

like out in the woods you might step on

- grass and plants
- a stick
- a rock
- mud
- squishy mystery
- a animal poop

and that's it. your feet get dirty with sand and dirt and that's not gross, washes off easily

otoh in the city you could step on broken glass, needles, human poo poo, steel rebar, god knows what, and the dirt on the ground is from brake dust and car exhaust and rotten garbage and it's just a thousand times grosser than walking through the woods without shoes

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 9, 2019

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

dick wizard posted:

I just don't agree. Your one experience is bad because that dude crossed a line. I've done it dozens of times, over years, with employees or with my own bosses. It has never once caused any kind of problem.

In fact, it one time allowed a direct report of mine enough courage to tell me about a guy at work who was harassing her outside work, when I had no way to know otherwise.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sagebrush posted:

otoh in the city you could step on broken glass, needles, human poo poo, steel rebar, god knows what, and the dirt on the ground is from brake dust and car exhaust and rotten garbage and it's just a thousand times grosser than walking through the woods without shoes

Living in a clean city where needles are really not around and glass isn't a problem solves a large part of that. The barefoot is legal crowd are still a bunch of weirdos.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Inceltown posted:

Living in a clean city where needles are really not around and glass isn't a problem solves a large part of that. The barefoot is legal crowd are still a bunch of weirdos.

i think it would help if people specified which city. new york or san francisco? absolutely not. winston-salem, north carolina, or boise, idaho? sure.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for wanting to get an abortion because my husband cheated on me?

Get the abortion, then tell everyone you miscarried due to emotional stress. Repeat this until your family murders him.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for making fun of my grandma for getting a clamming ticket

quote:

I'm probably going to be the rear end in a top hat but it was worth it.

So my grandma is 67 years old, this is her first ticket EVER. No speeding tickets, no parking tickets, nothing. Last weekend she went clamming and got 20 more clams then she was supposed to. An officer caught her and she got a court date. My grandma genuinely thinks shes going to jail or she'll have to take out a loan to pay the fine.

After she got the ticket she immediately called my mom and I. We tried to reason with her and tell her the fines going to be a couple hundred dollars max and shes not going to jail. She wouldnt believe us so my mom jokingly said "well we cant have a future felon at my daughter's birthday party" my grandma got very mad and said "I'm calling [aunts name]" we later called my grandma and apologized and told her she can still come.

So right before she gets to the my birthday party we have my dads freind change into his "work uniform" just like his shirt and badge(hes a cop.) To freak out my grandma So when my grandma got there she freaked out becasue she though my dads freind was going to arrest her. So durring dinner my dads freind goes to my grandma and tells her that her clam dish is delicious and asked where she got the clams. My grandma face goes so red and she blurts "I got 20 more clams then I was supposed to, these were made with stolen clams". My grandma leaves after that and she hasn't spoken to me since last night. I've tried to apologize but she keeps hanging up on me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The crime of the century.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

MagusofStars posted:

That's horribly disgusting and I'm kinda surprised that she hasn't gotten staph or whatever from cutting the bottom of her foot, then getting it infected. Maybe if you go barefoot 100% of the time your feet are so hideously calloused that they turn into leather.

can confirm they do. barefoot people need to get tested for hookworm if you live in the south though.

snergle fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 9, 2019

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ad090 posted:

Granny going senile.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ad090 posted:

They say stolen clams are they tastiest

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

There ain't no lams when you're stealing clams

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
(26F)Wife cheated on (29M)me with my (55M)dad, she wants us to take a break, but i want to fix the issue

quote:

Well, the title summarizes it fairly well.

Backstory: Me and my wife live with my family while we try to save some money to move into our own place. We've been very happily married and not many complaints on either side. Overall we love each other and care very deeply for one another. We have great communication and will tend to resolve issues before they blow up. In the past few months I've lost my job, and developed anxiety, which i was getting psychiatric help. She has been a pillar of support for me. This event, caused our plans to screech to a halt until i got my new job and got better from my anxiety.

Now:

My wife has been ghosting me for a few days, we have a pretty open relationship and don't tie her down to just the house. When we argue she sometimes does this, but this time it extended to a bit longer than normal. She's been going out a lot in the past few days, and what seems like avoidance from me.

I confronted her a few days ago, and tell her of what i was thinking. She at first tries to avoid the questions and wants to leave. I stay my ground and ask her to tell me. She fesses up and tells me that she slept with my dad. Emotions run high, but in the end I tell her that it's OK and that we can resolve the issue.

I am always the person to extend an olive branch and try to resolve the issues. She agrees to hold off on leaving and try to talk with my dad about the situation. My dad denies everything, and asks that all three of us have a conversation. My wife was at work while this happened. I reach out to her about what my dad wants to do, but doesn't respond. She doesn't come home that night. I try to reach out to her to no avail. I finally get a hold of her the next day, and said she did not want to come home because my dad called her and she did not want to deal with it.

We come up with a compromise to have a meeting with my dad, but before hand we talk again, and she reveals that she was unhappy, due to trivial things. She feels guilty and acknowledges that she is at fault. Once again i try to come up with solutions, leaving my family's home and find our own place. Develope a schedule where they don't see each other. etc. She agrees.

Today, she decide she was going to leave, and that we should separate for a bit. I don't respond well to this, as I've been trying to avoid this at all costs. I still love her with all my heart and soul, and I want to resolve this issue. But she left today, and now I'm broken, trying to put the pieces back together. She says this is only temporary, but my trust in her is shook, and now I only have negative thoughts about her and what she may be doing.

I need someone else's opinion on the matter. Am I wrong for wanting her to stay? Should I let her do her own thing?

PS - Irrelevant, but I did suffer from depression, and this event is bringing up old feelings of dread and despair.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Voting Floater posted:

Yeah, that's what others have said. I don't think I'm completely crazy for suspecting anime cosplay fan of being a creep, but I'll accept this one as me overthinking it.

And as noted, he's still an rear end in a top hat anyway.

I also think the OP is a woman (Jane calls the OP a racist bitch), but that doesn't really change anything.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

This might be the most spineless one yet. It actually makes me a bit sick how spineless this is.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

This might be the most spineless one yet. It actually makes me a bit sick how spineless this is.

I absolutely agree. What the gently caress....

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

His replies are even worse tbh, he's doing the lifting for her with the usual excuses

quote:

the thing though is that both of them are great, and did not see this coming. I really don't want to divorce her, but reading all of these replies say otherwise. regardless, thanks for your input.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

This one is just bizarre and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I am totally weirded out by what H did, but I think W is also oversexualizing something that probably isn't sexual.

My (26/f) husband (27/m) took his sisters (33/f) boob to help breastfeed her baby. I’m worried he’s attracted to his sister sexually.

quote:

Throwaway because my husband has reddit. If he sees it then whatever.

I’m going to try to make this as short as possible and right to the point.

Two incidents happened 2 weeks apart and so don’t know what to do. The first one was when my my SIL showed up with her 10 week old son. She wanted to stop by for dinner and we though it would be a nice treat since we haven’t seen her in a bit, her boyfriend was at work and I’m guessing she was lonely and we were glad to keep her company.

My SIL my husband and I were all chatting it up and having a good time. I got up make dinner but I am able to still chat with them because the kitchen is close to the living room. Of course baby started crying and was hungry then all of a sudden My SIL was trying to breastfeed which was of course fine! (For the record I am not against breastfeeding or doing it in public) SIL was kind of stumbling with the latch. Then all of a sudden my husband asked her if she needed help, she said yes please, and of course In my head I’m like what the hell does she need help with? I look up and my husband is grabbing his sisters boob and helping to put her nipple in babies mouth. Then he says, I did this with my wife so I kinda know how to help.

I was FLOORED, and slightly disgusted. I mean of course I am pissed, but I try and keep my cool. The whole time we were eating I just couldn’t stop replaying it in my head, maybe I was overreacting, maybe he was just being nice. After she left, my husband and I got in a huge argument, he thought It was no big deal, but I did. That’s something he has done for me, he shouldn’t do it for anyone else. Especially his sister!!!

I tried to let it go but this other incident was the topping on the cake and honestly I don’t know what to think. My SIL came over three days ago and of course baby got hungry, she whipped out her Breast and I caught my husband staring, like flat out staring!! Right there while I was beside him. She does have way bigger boobs than me and he has always been a man who like a really big chest but his sister?? My stomach is churning.

I posted this because I need an outside opinion! Is this something normal? I obviously can’t tell others because it embarrassing. I’m stressed because I hate to think that my husband is turned on by his sister. I feel it in my gut but I don’t want to believe it. If it is true that he is, I think this will be the end of us.

Edit: Sorry about formatting.

TLDR; My husband took my SILs boob to help baby breastfeed and latch, and another time when she was breastfeeding instead of looking away like a normal person, he was flat out starting at her bare boob. Could he be attracted to his sister?What do I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

He's also doing the whole "breakups require both sides to consent" thing. Dude, she cheated, said she's unhappy, and left. It's over.