Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

matt patricia is a very bad coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Has Patricia been fired yet?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shinjobi posted:

Dak Prescott threw the ball very well

I agree. I was pleasantly surprised. I also liked that the offense didn't run into the strong giant defensive front and tore up their lovely secondary instead.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

what happened oh god i missed it drat loins

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

OL needs some definite work as does the run defense. I'm happy that of all the injuries we have, I don't think any of them are season ending injuries and guys like Okung and Derwin are coming back

Yeah, Scott got worked today pretty hard, especially in the 3rd quarter. But overall as banged up as they are, there's a lot of really positive things to take away - Ekeler and Jackson both played outstanding games, Rivers was money outside of the pick in the endzone (and it was a loving ridiculous play by Hooker that even made it happen), etc. The run defense is concerning but I trust the coaching staff will manage to scrap something together in the short term.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/surrender_idx90/status/1170853885638057984

This is a good account, thanks for whoever linked it earlier today in the GDT.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Imagine my shock that, a hour after watching the end of the Colts-Chargers game, I check scores and realize that Lions-Cardinals game was still going.
And it ended in a tie! What perfection! :shepface:

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
E; first wrong thread of the year?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/NFL_Scorigami/status/1170790453287014400

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Considering how AZ started that game I’ll take the tie game

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/freep/status/1170855190871838720?s=19

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

skipdogg posted:

Considering how AZ started that game I’ll take the tie game

Undefeated in the Kingsbury/Murray era.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How loving putrid is Jameis Winston? Jesus.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Matt Patricia is an extremely terrible coach but I think Kliff Kingsbury might actually be way worse with that punt.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Football is stupid and dumb again

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So I saw the score and the Lions were comfortably in the lead and then it ends in a tie game what the hell

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Aside from thefts and sexual assaults? Still very, op

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

On the bright side, the Eagles kick extreme rear end. Offense was rusty first half and looked monstrous second half. The defense left something to be desired covering edge plays and crossers but the real flag is how little they got to clueless Keenum. Jernigan is currently my best hope of a turnaround on that front.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Niners were total clownball in the first half but then we got outclowned in the second, which was nice.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:agreed: completely

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Im still trying to calculate if him or Trubisky had a worse game

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/TDavenport_NFL/status/1170864159644368897

fast tank

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

DC Murderverse posted:

regardless of how the game ends, know that the Detroit Lions are, have always been, and will always be, trash garbage.
:hmmyes:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Im still trying to calculate if him or Trubisky had a worse game

I was going to say Trubisky if the Packers caught all the easy INTs they had, but the 9ers dropped just as many so it’s Jameis.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

I have mixed feelings on how the Bengals played but I think the coaching was solid. I'm very much a Taylor skeptic but I saw a lot to like, we'll see if he's able to modify things as people get tape or if this was all of his ideas.

Going for a score with less than a minute til halftime was such a breath of fresh air.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Just to put all you other binch rear end divisions on notice NFCBest is undefeated we’re coming for your neck as we establish the run :smugdog:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

TheBizzness posted:

I was going to say Trubisky if the Packers caught all the easy INTs they had, but the 9ers dropped just as many so it’s Jameis.

Trubs also doesnt have the same baggage. Winston is the much worse flop, aside from the bears drafting him where they did.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

His body control is so methodical. He looked like he still had another gear to shift to.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
At least I had little in the way of expectations for the Giants, sweet jiminy christmas that defense is awful

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So Lamar Jackson was pretty good.

On the other hand holy poo poo contract the Dolphins.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I can’t believe Kliff Kingsbury rallied back from like 24-6 to force OT and then played for the loving tie.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

His body control is so methodical. He looked like he still had another gear to shift to.

It's insane someone that big can move that fast

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Alright my mind is blown.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/BigCatCountry/status/1170880265847300096?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

purkey posted:

Football is stupid and dumb again

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Mike Tomlin is a great coach.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Now do Foles' clavicle slowly turning to dust.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

https://twitter.com/NFL_Scorigami/status/1170855310078226434

This is very surprising to me

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
By the end of this year there will be soldiers fighting in Afghanistan who weren't even alive when the Patriots dynasty began.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chichevache posted:

By the end of this year there will be soldiers fighting in Afghanistan who weren't even alive when the Patriots dynasty began.

In four days there will be legal adults who were born after 9/11.