Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
Narshe with Fuuko, Serena and Kaoru both because of party variety and because I'm not merciful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I also want to go to Narshe, but I'd like to see Zepeli, Kaoru, and Popuko take care of business there.

...What? Yes, okay, fine, I still want to see a team with two clocks as party members. Get off my back :v:

It's kinda funny that your Zepeli ended up being pretty drat good, compared to my Zepeli that I seem to recall being absolute trash

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Narshe with Zepeli, Scar, and Wei.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Mt. Zozo with no special party requests.

And dang, that's gonna be a fucklot of stat-ups.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Dang, that was some nice luck you had there.

I'll say Cave on the Veldt with Zepeli, Kaoru, Popuko, and Fuuko.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

liquidypoo posted:

I also want to go to Narshe, but I'd like to see Zepeli, Kaoru, and Popuko take care of business there.

...What? Yes, okay, fine, I still want to see a team with two clocks as party members. Get off my back :v:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

A reminder that Moogle Suits are actually Clock Suits, if that changes anything..

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

In that case amend my previous and future posts to say "maximize your clock potential" after every character selection I make

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

A reminder that Moogle Suits are actually Clock Suits, if that changes anything..

Nice. It was a constant thorn in my side in vanilla FFVI that I couldn't have a four-Moogle party. Had to have Umaro fill in as a fourth. Four clocks for sure.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Well friends, I have tallied the votes. We're headed to Narshe, which earned 5 votes. Our friends for the journey will be clocks. All clocks. But not the only REAL clock!

I won't rule out an update today but also maybe expect it sometime this week.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hi friends! Just popping in to say I've been a bit busy but I did play through the section today! Not 100% sure that I'll be able to get the update out today but rest assured it is coming.

In the meantime, have a spoiler!

https://streamable.com/7q02l

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Hi friends! Just popping in to say I've been a bit busy but I did play through the section today! Not 100% sure that I'll be able to get the update out today but rest assured it is coming.

That just raises FURTHER questions!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Ah yes, Seifer the Yeti.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

"No, you fool! Cutting the Yeti only made it release it's deadly fungal spores!" At least, that's what I'm assuming happened.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hello friends, sorry for the lateness of this update! I don't really have an excuse so sucks for you if you wanted one.

As determined by user votes, we're going to be (mostly) running an ALL CLOCKS party this update. The problem is that I only have one Moogle Suit! There is a solution, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THnp_PHpdMM
Seiken Densetsu 3 - High Tension Wire

We're going gambling, baby!

I luckily happen to just have three Tabby Suits, so I go ahead and load up. I also spent a bit of time checking the mystery items here but there wasn't really anything worth screenshotting.

Instead, we're off to get two new people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sFPw2qBuMg
Final Fantasy VI - Dark World

This place is bleak and the music really matches. I don't know if it's ever explained in game why Narshe is abandoned in the WoR.

Remember the Classroom that we couldn't get into in the WoB? Now we can!

There isn't actually anything to do here except wander around and get trapped. This place is basically a garbage dump for data that's used to randomize the Final Dungeon. I don't know the technical details of it but this is what I'm told.

Hungry Like The Wolf?

Oh. It's going to be like this in Narshe, is it?

Zepeli will have their day to shine even if it's not today.

https://i.imgur.com/aUxg7pP.gif

Check out the weird animation for my Ragezerker throwing someone else. They just kinda.. float on over.

9262 HP, tons of speed, and constant counter attacks with Step Mine. Thankfully it only does 162 damage at this point.

I had to bring a non-clock to unlock the doors in town. I like to imagine they brought Scar along while constantly bullying them for not being a clock.

Oof! These treasures are fairly high level here.

This is like finding the Chancellor in Chrono Trigger locked inside a treasure chest.

Dadaluma goes loving wild with the item procs. Can't escape twice, vanishes himself, and ends with Safe.

He's pretty outdated though.

This is the guy that gives you the Ragnarok Esper, which is a very good one for getting items.

Instead, I get a Thunder Shield. Ragnarok is actually in a different spot in BC that we'll get to later.

As for the shield, it's pretty drat good. 50% damage from Ice and Fire, no damage from Wind, and look at those evade stats!

Zounds!

Oh. Nevermind.

Oh me oh my. "Equip anything" is only mostly true; it doesn't include female equipment (various dresses, hairbands, etc.), Atma Weapon, Bone Club, Regal Crown and Snow Muffler. It's nerfed in the GBA version quite a bit for some reason. Still amazing in this version!

Alright we're back to the clocks after getting everything that I know of in Narshe.

The sprites in this game are so good. Look at that dragon!

Ninja guy looks ready to kick my rear end, the rat has a mouthful of pain, also there are vapor clouds and cute little squirrel things. What's not to like?

*wink*

Videl here is...fine. Dance can be good, more Magic is good. Let's see!

code:
Cave Foxtrot:
  7/16 Slide        6/16 Bolt Edge    2/16 Overcast     1/16 Missile

Folk Aria:
  7/16 Rage         6/16 Fire Dance   2/16 Antlion      1/16 Whump

Sand Twist:
  7/16 Sand Storm   6/16 Wild Fang    2/16 Absolute 0   1/16 Wombat

Wood Rag:
  7/16 Pearl Wind   6/16 Wild Bear    2/16 Grav Bomb    1/16 Kitty

Sky Boogaloo:
  7/16 Land Slide   6/16 Harvester    2/16 Takedown     1/16 R.Polarity
Of these, Wood Rag is probably the best. Two really good forms of healing as the most common effects. We'll see what the other dances do though it's impossible to get the Water Rondo equivalent in the WoR in the SNES version, and it's not given to you automatically in BC due to oversight when using the worringtriad code.

We're just getting all the major hits out of the way!

44,409 HP and Bio, Bolt 3, CleanSweep, Flare, Ice 2, Ice 3, Merton, Pearl, Quake, Quick, Step Mine.

Lotta good all those spells will do against a Ragezerker!

Eugh. Quick on enemies can sometimes softlock the game as they don't respond to it properly and never attack, leaving the game in a perpetual battle. This guy doesn't seem to mind and just attacks me. For whatever reason, all those nasty spells never came out.

C'mon, I already have a bunch of these!

That right there is the Red Dragon. I put in a real honest effort to beat it and I couldn't with this party, so I'll be back later.

Instead we'll be warming up a block of ice.

The first couple of tries go very well.

This attempt goes much better.

I eventually decided to run with Wall Rings on everyone because Ice 3 hurts. Unfortunately it also heals Tritoch. I also skipped trying to Dance because I wanted to learn the Ice Dance and I think the only other way to learn it in the WoR is fighting the dragon back there.

Fuuko does a big hit of 6 HP and gets frozen in response. Good for fire-weak Tritoch; Ragezerkers throw attack becomes Fire elemental when they use an actual Rage. The reason is that Fire is the first spell in the elemental list and Ragezerkers are weird.

This is the other part of my plan. While everyone is doing 0-4 damage with their hits, Kaoru and Zepeli are both using a Ragnarok which can proc Ultima. It's not super amazing damage but a drat sight better than 4.

Fuuko finally thaws and goes to town.

I experiment with some item breaks. Iron Armor breaks for Phantom.

Even with Wall Rings on, spells will always hit you if you're Vanished. Oops.

We did it!

code:
Frozen Step:
  7/16 Elf Fire     6/16 Big Guard    2/16 Specter      1/16 Lullaby

This dance is alright I suppose. Big Guard will be good to learn for Scar.

On a side note, certain Rages can have the "Dies at 0 MP" flag enabled. Apparently, that flag actually works for players, even in vanilla! Tritoch used Rasp on Fuuko (who was Vanished) and they died immediately as they had less than 115 MP.

....gently caress. Kaoru is the only one that can equip this Esper and they don't have Magic. God dammit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALVhDWgmVfM
Tales of Phantasia - Final Act

Good music, I could see a Yeti dancing to this.

I hate this dungeon. It has holes everywhere that you can fall into.

Wait sorry no I meant I love this dungeon! If I can find a Paladin Shield, I'm pretty sure that person will absorb or ignore all elements. The stats are just a nice bonus.

Because the people demanded it, I kept the Clock Suits on. You're welcome.

God dammit!

Cive Lou who?

Interesting. Probably has a niche use somewhere, if someone has a lovely spell list and no item command.

code:
/-----------------------------------\
| HP:     3 | ATK:    1 | SPD:   49 |
| MP: 65534 | DEF:  255 | HIT:  128 |
| XP:     0 | MPOW:  74 | EVD:  255 |
| GP:  8824 | MDEF: 255 | MBLK: 255 |
\-----------------------------------/
Can you guess which monster this is?

Here's another hint!

They're a Cactuar. Normally found in a desert outside Maranda, they give 10 MP and a ton of GP in vanilla. Ragezerkers don't care about your Evade stat.

I forgot to mark them in the picture so the Saab Wayso is the big behemoth dude in the back. Not a terribly hard fight, even starting with two dead characters.

Worth it. Megalixirs restore all HP and MP for the party when used.

Same sprites, different palette. Probably smell like feet too.

Free magicite!

That's not a Yeti, that's a Bear.

I only realized, just now, that I forgot to take screenshots of the battle. So uh...watch the video I guess.

Related to the spoiler I posted earlier, you can see the shenanigans happen in this fight with Fuuko throwing someone at Sahara. I don't know why the slicing animation happens but I do know why Videl dies! Sahara has Reflect status, and Fuuko is wearing Doom Darts, which casts Doom sometimes. When a Ragezerker throws someone, whatever proc is on their weapon can be reflected, which somehow means that Videl eats the Doom proc. Ragezerkers are strange as hell.

As penance, know that I had a brain fart and forgot that I needed the actual Mog replacement character to recruit this person, not just the person I found in Mog's spot. I also forgot to check the treasure in Mog's spot.

Fifteen minutes of lovely garbage fights to get a Sky Render and a new character. I hope you think it was worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=490ct5-t8-U
Secret of Mana - Calm Before the Storm

I certainly don't think so. Throw is alright but I have better stuff and that also means there exist enemies that can Throw items for massive damage. Maduin with that Magic Power is near worthless. They can't even equip any decent Espers!

Also because I am incompetent, I forgot a screenshot of Terrato. Only Wei can equip it and it teaches Pearl/Remedy, with a HP +30% level up bonus.

Until next time!

------------------------------------------------------------

ALL TREASURES
Sniper Sight
Epee
Dadaluma
Diamond Vest
Zephyr Cape
Beads
13,900 GP
Gold Hairpin
Tintinabar
Charm Bangle
Master Pug
Thief Glove
Sky Render (Mog's spot)

Please VOTE for which location we should aim for next from this list:

Mt. Zozo
Cave on the Veldt
Owzer's House
Doma Castle - Since I have no idea what Magitek Armor skills are in this game, I will be taking Zepeli to this place. They are our Terra replacement and so will have all eight available Magitek skills instead of just four.
Phoenix Cave - I GUESS

Please ALSO VOTE for the four characters we will bring with us, with any changes that are noted above.

Voting will last for one week, until Sunday, September 15th 2019.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 8, 2019

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

As for the shield, it's pretty drat good. 50% damage from Ice and Fire, no damage from Thunder, and look at those evade stats!

No damage from wind.

Related to that, go to Zozo in the even the wind dragon is there. Make him suffer.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Owzer's House

Let's appreciate some fine art

Party composition up to you

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Let's go to the Cave on the Veldt, and let's bring Scar, Videl, Zepeli, and, I dunno, Dealer's Choice for our fourth.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Doma, using Zepeli, Fuuko, Scar, and Videl.

You cannot escape the Ragezerker.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Seeing some real contention in the votes this time!

I definitely have the right information listed for the Thunder Shield and I would never not pay attention to what I was writing, how dare you!

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
Go to Veldt Cave.
With Popuko, Serena, Videl and Scar

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I seriously hate rando Doma. Not only is the dungeon p brutal there's a room in there that has had a superboss in it 4/4 runs for me and they always kill me

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Thank you for the clocks. :3

Cave on the Veldt with Fuuko, Zepeli, Popuko, and Serena. Poor Zepeli needs levels.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm sick as a chupon and won't be doing an update today but I tallied the votes!

We are going to the Cave on the Veldt, with Scar, Videl, Zepeli, and Popuko, Popuko being determined at random from the three last place characters.

I'll throw another stop or two in with it, probably.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 15, 2019

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

An update is definitely 100% coming, I promise! I've been busy with some things IRL so I haven't had the time to properly get it done. I'm at the point where I just need to write it up, so expect it pretty soon!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've been busy with some things IRL so I haven't had the time to properly get it done.

Yeah, you've been getting all the EX Weapons in DFFOO! :razz:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hello again, my friends! This update will involve Cave On The Veldt and the Opera House and stuff. You know, those places!

We've got quite the crew stacked up here!

First though, let's stop off and spend a little of our hard earned moolah. I only checked for the Espers, I'll need to go back and see what other items are available later.

Not..terribly impressive. Zepeli is the only one that can equip Zoneseek and no one gets Golem. Ice 3 isn't a bad spell to have, especially on someone so low level. Strength +2 is alright but stats aren't nearly as good as levels are for increasing damage. Someday, Zepeli, someday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dloxl9M9W8s
Secret of Mana - A Curious Happening

Remember this guy? I always wonder how he ad-libbed the second half of an opera that went so...poorly. I also find it hard to believe that there's much demand for operas in this post apocalypse world but never underestimate rich assholes from Jidoor.

This is a very sturdy stage, I'm honestly impressed with whomever bult it.

Anyway, come watch me murder a dragon.

Anyone know White Dragon's gimmick in vanilla? It literally only ever casts Pearl and Dispel there, and is normally fought in the Fanatic's Tower. Where you're probably already wearing Wall Rings.

Guess who tried to fight it without Wall Rings and got horribly maimed?

Here you can see the healing it does on itself with reflected Pearl and how much damage Cave In does, which is Dispel's replacement. Cave In is annoying, dealing 75% of my current HP and giving them Seizure. It goes from a free easy win to one where I have to pay attention somewhat.

I got these old standbys here, doing some heavy work. The only bad thing about X-Meteo is that I have to Slots manipulate to guarantee it which makes for an annoying video.

Videl brings the healing, hard. Pearl Wind to heal the party for the amount of HP Videl has, and Wild Bear for massive healing and recovering from a ton of status effects (that the Dragon doesn't use.)

I got so distracted trying to Slots manipulate that I didn't even notice this Grav Bomb hitting for max damage! Shame it didn't come out more often.

It was honestly a pretty easy fight. You may notice I went back in save states and killed it again; I wanted the other item it drops instead of an Economizer.

Normally, I'd be all over the Economizer because it reduces all MP costs to 1. Except that I can still get an Economizer from another boss, and this is the only Force Shield in this seed. It bets at the Coloseum for a Cursed Shield, which is also the only place I can get one of those unless I steal one from Goddess. I'll definitely take a Paladin Shield over an Economizer!

code:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
White Drgn (Level 61)
| HP: 56822 | ATK:   46 | SPD:  156 |
| MP: 14420 | DEF:  124 | HIT:  211 |
| XP:     0 | MPOW:  18 | EVD:   29 |
| GP: 24048 | MDEF: 199 | MBLK:   0 |
NULLIFY: ice, pearl
IMMUNE: berserk, condemned, confuse, imp, near death, poison, reflect, regen, shell, sleep, stop, vanish
AUTO: seizure
SPECIAL "CleanFiery": attack x3.5
SKILLS: Cave In, Pearl
RAGE: Pearl, Cave In
STEAL: Wing Edge, Man Eater
DROPS: Force Shld, Economizer
MORPH (99%): Blossom, Gold Lance, Light Robe, Tempest

What, no payment? I'm never coming back here again!

At this point I remembered the existence of the rich people's house in South Figaro so I went and robbed them of the stuff in the basement. None of it was any good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYRdsBd4eU0
Chrono Trigger - Rhythm of Wind, Sky, and Earth (Veldt)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uReCQgogjV8
Final Fantasy IV - Into The Darkness (Cave)

For some reason, I never liked this place as a kid. Probably the encounter rate and it annoyed me that enemies still showed up in the room with the dudes around a fire. Why aren't they fighting, dammit!

Lead on, Lassie!

Ah, these guys don't seem so bad! After all, there's only one of them.

Jesus Christ!

These particular assholes have an Imp special but also only 1800 HP so they never really got a chance to do it.

Some weirdness with Beyond Chaos; if one of your characters has the Throw command, that means there is an enemy SOMEWHERE in the world that also has the Throw command.

Holy poo poo! Yes, Throwers will absolutely ruin your world.

Unless you're in the back row with enough defense to negate them :smugdog:

Battle Clock stands firm, ready to drag some corpses out of the cave.

God dammit.

Someone better than me can probably turn this into loss.

Is it Sir Behemoth or Senior Behemoth?

Or maybe just ..uh ...hmm. Whatever, just watch the fight.

Instant Death protection at work. Not gonna stop me like that!

This is actually Zepeli using Mimic. They're doing about 2/3s the damage that Popuko does with that same attack. Still formidable!

3rd level spells are scary.

Well, not to everyone.

I'm not impressed at all.

Zounds! It became a big muscle dude instead of a big muscle monster!

Around the same HP but it can only Battle and Wind Slash, no biggie.

code:
SrBehemoth (Level 43)
| HP: 29763 | ATK:   15 | SPD:   81 |
| MP:  2724 | DEF:  129 | HIT:  163 |
| XP:     0 | MPOW:  13 | EVD:    0 |
| GP:     0 | MDEF: 162 | MBLK:   0 |
NULLIFY: fire, bolt, earth;  WEAK: bio, pearl
VULNERABLE: float, haste, protect, reflect, regen, shell, stop
AUTO: cover, interceptor
OTHER: can't escape
SPECIAL "Wild Pulse": reflect break? (unblockable)
SKILLS: Doom, Ice 3, Imp, Meteo, Pearl
STEAL: Genji Glove, Man Eater
DROPS: Crystal Orb
Sibi (Level 54)
| HP: 29182 | ATK:   21 | SPD:   52 |
| MP: 18832 | DEF:  129 | HIT:  123 |
| XP:  6907 | MPOW:  15 | EVD:    0 |
| GP:  1647 | MDEF: 112 | MBLK:   0 |
NULLIFY: bolt, wind;  WEAK: pearl
IMMUNE: blind, confuse, death, float, magitek, mute, near death, poison, reflect, shell, stop, zombie
AUTO: morph
OTHER: difficult to run, humanoid
SPECIAL "Gun Mach": attack x1.5
SKILLS: Wind Slash
RAGE: Wind Slash, Battle
STEAL: Megalixir
DROPS:

Alright, well, I guess see ya later? Nothing a night of rest can't heal in this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THnp_PHpdMM
Seiken Densetsu 3 - High Tension Wire

I honestly love this place. You can get a good number of rare items by betting other rare items. You have to be careful though, since enemies can be assholes. Running Away (if you can) will give you back the item you bet but dying means you lose it. Permadeath runs spend a lot of time here figuring out what bets for what. For my purposes, the text file has a list of what bets, and I can save state if I lose.

I've actually been coming here on and off, I just haven't shown it off yet because I haven't found anything major besides the Cursed Shield potential. I did have to bet a Wing Edge to get the Striker; the only one available in a chest is in the Phoenix Cave.

So far I've always brought Serena. ?-Aero does decent damage and Rage will eventually get me something that will win the fight. While messing around, I even got several 14-16 Aeros in a row! It was pretty impressive even though the enemies I was fighting didn't get killed by even that much damage.

In this shot, our character is named Ukyo; Fazie is just the enemy you would normally fight when betting a Striker.

Oh also Serena can equip Ragnarok for those sweet sweet Ultima procs.

I'd be mad too.

Finally, a Tools user! Most of the Tools are very good and Ukyo has decent stats. Not the most powerful in our arsenal but a welcome addition.

ALL TREASURES
Trump
DaVinci Brush
Kung Fu Suit
800 GP
Shadow Edge
Mithril Claw
Gold Hairpin
Heavy Shield
Dragon Claw (Has the Better Steal effect)

Purchased
Tents (4000g!)

South Figaro is the ONLY place that sells Tents in the WoR and they cost FOUR THOUSAND GP. Sleeping Bags are "only" 490 but you can't use them on dead characters.

Please VOTE for which location we should aim for next from this list:

Mt. Zozo
Owzer's House
Doma Castle - Since I have no idea what Magitek Armor skills are in this game, I will be taking Zepeli to this place. They are our Terra replacement and so will have all eight available Magitek skills instead of just four.
Phoenix Cave - I GUESS
Ancient Castle - Somehow I've been forgetting about this location.

Fanatic's Tower is still off limits because I need our Relm replacement to snag the Strago replacement there.

Please ALSO VOTE for the four characters we will bring with us, with any changes that are noted above.

We're getting closer to the end! Voting will last until this Sunday, October 6th 2019. I'm going to try and get updates out a bit faster, I don't like waiting so long between them.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Requesting Zepeli and Popuko for maximum clocks, and Mt. Zozo since the couple of times I've done a Beyond Chaos that place has boned me pretty hard.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Mt. Zozo with Zepeli, Scar, Fuuko, and Ukyo.

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
Let's go to the Ancient Castle, with Fuuko, Ukyo, Serena and Wei in tow.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Doma Castle with your four lowest-leveled characters (which includes zepeli)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Leraika posted:

Doma Castle with your four lowest-leveled characters (which includes zepeli)

You son of a bitch!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ancient Castle with Wei and Zepeli

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Mt Zozo with new guy Ukyo, Fuuko, Serena, and Zepelli (we'll get them some drat levels yet).

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Thanks for introducing me to Beyond Chaos, I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Because you brought it up, I thought I'd explain just how pointless stats are in this game as it's pretty funny considering how hard you have to work for them.

Vigor is only used in the calculation of physical damage, where twice your vigor getts added to the battle power of your weapon. This is all then multiplied by the square of your level, making vigor pretty drat unimportant overall (and other steps happen in the calc, but they don't involve vigor at all).

Mpower is weighted the same as level in the calculation of magic damage, making it the only impactful stat.

Stamina helps protect from select instant death / fractional damage attacks. It also increases the damage you take from poison and seizure and heal from regen, making it actively harmful more often than not.

Speed impacts how fast a character gets to act, and while acting before the enemies is good if would take a lot of speed to get two turns to their one.

So mpower, hp, and mp help, and everything else (attack, defenses and evades) comes from gear.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

When I was younger, I would do the Lete River trick of constantly circling in one spot, using Banon's heal, to level myself overnight to 99 with a turbo controller.

As I got older, I realized that you shouldn't level up until you have the proper Espers to do it, to get those sweet stat ups.

Now that I'm even older and wiser, I realize it's basically all down to levels again anyway.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Alright kids, we're going to Mt. Zozo with Zepeli, Ukyo, Scar and Fuuko. Hopefully that dragon isn't a jerk!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

If he is hit him with a Death spell. I find that usually solves my dragon-related issues.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

SSNeoman posted:

If he is hit him with a Death spell. I find that usually solves my dragon-related issues.

But what if it's immune?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CptWedgie posted:

But what if it's immune?