Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
When the referee starts his count he's going to instantly start throwing punches equivalent to the numbers out of reflex and get disqualified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ChaseSP posted:

Why is this being done so loving late holy gently caress. This is the loving worst coach

because nobody ever taught ippo anything

I think takamura tried to early on but kamogawa yelled at him

but yes this really should've been done y'know, before he became champion at all, not 7 years into his career

Namnesor posted:

Ippo's going to take all of these accumulated lessons (The Left, stop waiting to duck in, don't get hit) and the moment the bell rings on his first match back in the ring, he's going to throw a jab from his corner and iaijutsu flash his way across the ring and get blasted in the face by some kind of insane gimmick punch from a racist caricature

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 1271 is out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ippo I think you are getting too obsessed with the left.

Anyway it will be cool seeing Sendo go to Mexico.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ippo I think you are getting too obsessed with the left.

Anyway it will be cool seeing Sendo go to Mexico.

Well it's better than being obsessed with the Dempsey Roll...I think?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Considering the dempsey roll caused him ligament damage on his legs, i think its best for Ippo to be obessed with lefts. Can’t wait for this manga to jump to the true protag. Sendo! which means hes gonna get destroyed aint he?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Shindragon posted:

Considering the dempsey roll caused him ligament damage on his legs, i think its best for Ippo to be obessed with lefts. Can’t wait for this manga to jump to the true protag. Sendo! which means hes gonna get destroyed aint he?

Yeah...the poor guy is gonna get Date'd, isn't he? :ohdear:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Didn't he say he wanted to fight Gonzalez after he saw him fight Ippo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Didn't he say he wanted to fight Gonzalez after he saw him fight Ippo

Correct.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Unless Sendo or someone gets shithoused at some point Ippo is basically going to be this

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

TaurusOxford posted:

Thanks to other goons, maybe not. Beating Gonzales would definitely make Ippo feel hes been left behind.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope Sendou beats them all

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

It's going to look like he got Date'd but he's actually gonna be Sanada'd. Either way he's gonna be out.

(until his final rematch against world champ Ippo ofc)

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
http://hni-scantrad.com/eng/lel/?manga=Hajime+no+Ippo&chapter=Chapter+1272#page=1

chapter is here

spoilers for anj below

considering how much this series draws from anj i think its kinda obvious that sendo's gonna be broken at some point, probably by ricardo. while in design and personality he's the joe analogue, he's the carlos rivera to ippo's joe, and that'll be the spark to get back in the game. i wonder if he'll die in the ring?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
No. gently caress no. Don't take my Osaka homeboy out, Morikawa. :ohdear:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Aww gently caress.

He's gonna get DATE'D

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sendo is about to become the undisputed king of boxing

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Sendo will become the most handsome man on television

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Can't believe they're gonna make Sendo the best to inspire Ippo.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
alfredo is pretty loving strong so he might destroy sendo, get destroyed by the champ and then ippo can come in after a lengthy training arc, beating either sendo or alf (or even someone else, like vorg) to make his challenge

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Wild Horses posted:

alfredo is pretty loving strong so he might destroy sendo, get destroyed by the champ and then ippo can come in after a lengthy training arc, beating either sendo or alf (or even someone else, like vorg) to make his challenge

Vorg is a no-go since he's Jr.Middleweight class, and also World champion.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i dont think alf has enough left in the tank in terms of being an interesting character to get a whole other fight but at this juncture what the gently caress do i know lol.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Alf probably won't be fighting Ippo again I don't imagine because lol at the idea of him fighting Sendo AND Ippo once more.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

TaurusOxford posted:

Vorg is a no-go since he's Jr.Middleweight class, and also World champion.

right, i tuned that part out.

tbp posted:

i dont think alf has enough left in the tank in terms of being an interesting character to get a whole other fight but at this juncture what the gently caress do i know lol.

him being totally crushed might be fun. someone might also lose off screen just to move the plot along. unclear how long this manga is meant to run anyhow

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wild Horses posted:

right, i tuned that part out.

Why it was a fun little arc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
tbf I tuned the whole manga out back then.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

vorgs frankly incredible good fight was sandwiched between some real awful ippo, so i forgive people for forgetting it

this manga would be timeless if it wasn't for the absurd run of like 700 chapters where it was awful

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I cannot believe it has been more than a thousand chapters since Ippo became featherweight champion of Japan

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like how Vorg (Volg?) and Sendo could both easily qualify as the protagonists of their own manga with wildly different sub-genre but they never really feel like that character that'd get old to follow after a while and only work in small doses (like Kumagawa in Medaka Box).

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

sendo literally has his own manga called ashita no joe

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno: While Sendo can also be a jerkface and is hella ruthless in the ring, I find him, overall, way way more likable than Yabuki. Though I don't know how much is that him as a standalone in the manga or because of Masaya Onosaka's dynamite performance as the Naniwa Tiger in the anime. :allears:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Namnesor posted:

Ippo's going to take all of these accumulated lessons (The Left, stop waiting to duck in, don't get hit) and the moment the bell rings on his first match back in the ring, he's going to throw a jab from his corner and iaijutsu flash his way across the ring and instantly KO his opponent

I mentioned this elsewhere, but if Ippo had Danpei in his corner as a trainer instead of Kamogawa, he'd like had already fought Martinez. Maybe not won, fought him and actually looked good doing so. He'd also had looked better against Date and Gonzales if not actually beaten them or gotten flash KO'd by Guevara.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

doomrider7 posted:

I mentioned this elsewhere, but if Ippo had Danpei in his corner as a trainer instead of Kamogawa, he'd like had already fought Martinez. Maybe not won, fought him and actually looked good doing so. He'd also had looked better against Date and Gonzales if not actually beaten them or gotten flash KO'd by Guevara.

Ehh I bet he wouldn’t have, remember that Danpei was almost always vehemently against Joe taking on the riskier fights, but Joe just kinda forced himself into them anyway. Ippo would listen to Danpei , but there entire scenario is wild anyway because Ippo wouldn’t have loved boxing if not for the coach, Danpei’s alcoholism would mean Ippo didn’t get the surrogate father feeling that drove him as far as it did, etc.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

tbp posted:

Ehh I bet he wouldn’t have, remember that Danpei was almost always vehemently against Joe taking on the riskier fights, but Joe just kinda forced himself into them anyway. Ippo would listen to Danpei , but there entire scenario is wild anyway because Ippo wouldn’t have loved boxing if not for the coach, Danpei’s alcoholism would mean Ippo didn’t get the surrogate father feeling that drove him as far as it did, etc.

Fair point. Danpei just frankly seems like a much better coach.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapter 1273 is out.
Why isnt Sendo just the main character?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Never change, Sendo :allears:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's all fun and games until Sendo gets killed to inspire Ippo to box again

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Kinda messed up Morikawa would have two masked Luchas just unmask so casually like that.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he probably legit doesn't know poo poo about the culture. i don't know if masked wrestlers in japan make as big a deal about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Patware posted:

he probably legit doesn't know poo poo about the culture. i don't know if masked wrestlers in japan make as big a deal about it

Liger at least keeps it on near constantly.