Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

On the subject of Japan not knowing or caring about the sub, there was an article on The Funi outtake leaks on Yahoo News here. It mentions they’re homophobic and incestuous but only names Funimation and Sean specifically. It also says the clips were leaked by RekietaLaw but doesn’t go into who he is or why he leaked them, though it does mention at the end of the article that Vic was fired for sexual harassment allegations. There’s only a few comments but they’re stuff like “they should just release it subbed everywhere,” “I guess America also has private intentions vs. public face (tatemae),” and “Cell should absorb them before harm is done to the Dragon Ball’s reputation.”

Don’t think most people know or care, but stuff relating to this case [i]is[/is] out there and Toei is definitely aware of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

in conclusion kill all men

MODS!?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

On the subject of Japan not knowing or caring about the sub, there was an article on The Funi outtake leaks on Yahoo News here. It mentions they’re homophobic and incestuous but only names Funimation and Sean specifically. It also says the clips were leaked by RekietaLaw but doesn’t go into who he is or why he leaked them, though it does mention at the end of the article that Vic was fired for sexual harassment allegations. There’s only a few comments but they’re stuff like “they should just release it subbed everywhere,” “I guess America also has private intentions vs. public face (tatemae),” and “Cell should absorb them before harm is done to the Dragon Ball’s reputation.”

Don’t think most people know or care, but stuff relating to this case [i]is[/is] out there and Toei is definitely aware of it.

Like, most mainstream action movies are dubbed into German for German audiences, and I can't imagine anyone in Hollywood giving a poo poo about whoever dubs Tony Stark in Avengers: Endgame also making a pedophile joke during that scene where Tony hugs Spider-Man in the outtakes.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

This is so wrong on many levels. This is basic first year law school stuff holy poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Best response by far.

https://twitter.com/CrookedKnight/status/1170893741101604871?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Anyone wanna read over 100 posts of pure delusion, then I've found the thread for you.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1170935389600849920?s=20

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Like, most mainstream action movies are dubbed into German for German audiences, and I can't imagine anyone in Hollywood giving a poo poo about whoever dubs Tony Stark in Avengers: Endgame also making a pedophile joke during that scene where Tony hugs Spider-Man in the outtakes.

I'd agree in general but Disney might be the only company controlling and omnipresent enough to care.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Skwirl posted:

Anyone wanna read over 100 posts of pure delusion, then I've found the thread for you.

https://twitter.com/WhippleMarc/status/1170949570668445696

Those poor children.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I enjoyed Nick saying that Marchi's case was dismissed entirely because everything else was SO STRONG YOU GUYS REALLY the Judge wanted to focus on Rial and Toye's stuff.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/WhippleMarc/status/1170955202331140096?s=20

Trap sp rung
Snobs

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Skwirl posted:

80) gently caress reading anything that long on loving Twitter holy poo poo

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

80) gently caress reading anything that long on loving Twitter holy poo poo

Quicker/easier than watching a 3 hour livestream, though.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

Quicker/easier than watching a 3 hour livestream, though.

They both have an air of 24 Hour GribbleTalk about them

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

this is your brain on covfefe

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Can't fault him on this logic, it's the same argument US banks used 10 years ago when mortgage notes went missing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Losing my case hilariously so next time I know what to expect. A tactic only the greatest lawyers are capable of employing.

Edit:
I think I may actually read that Twitter novel, because basically every tweet in it is insane.

https://twitter.com/WhippleMarc/status/1170913120233119744?s=19

Gyges fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 9, 2019

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

We lost this battle, badly. We have no soldiers left and only one gun. But we learned a lot about the enemy and in future engagement we'll know we should bring weapons

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Namtab posted:

We lost this battle, badly. We have no soldiers left and only one gun. But we learned a lot about the enemy and in future engagement we'll know we should bring weapons

Ty Beard seems like the sort of person to show up to a fight against 100 enemy soldiers with 1 soldier that has 1000 weapons.

"We have ten times the amount of weapons they have, there's no possible way we can lose this battle!"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Theyre firing their bullets all wrong, so while our guys are dead we actually won

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Now the Vic Stan's thing seems to be that funi is screwed because of the old vocal recordings and how they treated Vic or whatever. Despite you know nothing happening at all on that front.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Monaghan posted:

Now the Vic Stan's thing seems to be that funi is screwed because of the old vocal recordings and how they treated Vic or whatever. Despite you know nothing happening at all on that front.

I’m pretty sure they have been putting out YouTube videos for months that are effectively we got em this time boys.

The fact they can do that for months without any clear results but still convince people this time is the time is rather impressive

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/TheBrownFolder/status/1171065787597107203?s=20

For those who can't listen, the major part.

quote:

"Somebody's going to get a gun and blow your head off

You'd get exactly what you deserve"

"But I'll tell you right now, myself and (unclear) somebody threatened my ability to feed my family (unclear) through lies or because they disagreed with me, like politics or (somewhat unclear) maybe they keep lying to everyone else, I guarantee, I would probably not be able to resist the urge to put one right in front of your eyes, and I'd sleep like a baby if I did it.

Edit: replaced with cleaner audio.

Piell fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 9, 2019

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

found the source, 3 june 2019 on-stream https://youtu.be/GqgT6BU7J9Q?t=7085

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Monaghan posted:

Did the casting couch stuff get disproven? A bunch of old gross jokes are one thing but the stuff about jobs for sex sounded a lot more serious.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It seems to have been fabricated last I heard.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The casting couch thing was one of the VAs saying he heard rumors and could see those rumors being true.

That’s it

So you can’t really disprove them as no one actually made any accusations

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

CharlestheHammer posted:

The casting couch thing was one of the VAs saying he heard rumors and could see those rumors being true.

That’s it

So you can’t really disprove them as no one actually made any accusations

Its mostly disproved here

There were three women that could have been referred to in the rumor, and all three have denied it or offered other reasons for not returning to previous roles, and Sabat was not solely responsible for casting in any case.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It was complete hearsay and Ty should have known better to put it in a goddamn affidavit.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Piell posted:

got one better with context:

quote:

Screech:
But imagine that you've never ever had an impact on anything, and suddenly you lying gives you an inordinate amount of power over someone successful. That is an intoxicating drug for these people. So a little lie, becomes a bigger lie, becomes a bigger lie. Sudenly it's "I was at a con and Vic was mean to someone" then it's "Well I was at this con and Vic assaulted me", and then it's "well I was at this con and Vic assaultd a minor". "Well produce some proof of that?" "Oh well I don't have it anymore"

Okay, okay, that's your first clue that that person is lying okay. Assault of a minor is not, think about how revolted you are by assault of a minor and then try and put yourself in the headspace of someone who would not only not cover that up, err would not report it. But cover it up then lose the evidence. Like this of who that person is. Are we trusting this person. It's insane, it's insane.

[2s of yeah yeah back and forth between them both]

Beard:
yeah yeah, they're lying. (laughs) they're lying. um. this this stuff is and kudos I assume to to the to the to the Dublin Con for not giving in to these people. But this is, you know there's another side point of this too I was talking about this with my daughters earlier this week over weekend.

When you go out and you try to destroy people's livelihoods okay? Their ability to make a living. Sooner or later you lunaticcs are gonna do that to somebody who's gonna take a gun and blow your head off okay? It's not gonna happen in this case, or anything like that. But law of averages, law of averages, and. I'm just gonna say this just myself. You'll get exactly what you deserve, you get exactly what you deserve.

You guys are playing with fire and you're too stupid and fanatical to understand that but I'll tell you right now, myself personally. Somebody wrecked my ability to feed my family over some lies because they disagreed with my politics, or didn't like me, they were jealous. I guarantee you I'd probably not be able to resist the urge to put one right between your eyes, and I'd sleep like a baby that night I did it. Because the thing is when you go around destroying people's ability to make a living you're effectively destroying them.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Did he mention the "I'd murder someone for that and not think twice" part to his daughters?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

doing that after a court case has to be illegal

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Justin_Brett posted:

Did he mention the "I'd murder someone for that and not think twice" part to his daughters?

They live in Texas, nobody would bat an eye.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Freakazoid_ posted:

Can't fault him on this logic, it's the same argument US banks used 10 years ago when mortgage notes went missing.

Fun fact, Nick Rekieta used to be a bank teller before he went into law school. There have been unsourced accusations on twitter that the reason for the sudden career change had to do with somebody getting caught with their hand in the till, so to speak. Considering that Nick is a trust fund baby, this very well might have been true.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Julias posted:

Fun fact, Nick Rekieta used to be a bank teller before he went into law school. There have been unsourced accusations on twitter that the reason for the sudden career change had to do with somebody getting caught with their hand in the till, so to speak. Considering that Nick is a trust fund baby, this very well might have been true.

And I'm guessing he didn't exactly go to Harvard?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Piell posted:

the fan response so far has been "this is clearly out of context", disregarding the full context video + transcript, then doubling down with "well it's fine anyway, they're lawyers they know what they can and can't talk about"

looking forward to it in the sanctions/bar hearings

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Julias posted:

Funnily enough, the source is...Rekita himself. Though the story is a little different. The story, as someone who claims they used to be a fan of his before realizing what an unhinged nutjob he is, as told by Nick himself is that one day on break he was leaning back against the register when all of a sudden, there's a large BANG as the till suddenly slams shut. Everyone immediately turns around to stare at him and when he comes in the next day he's fired, though he claims he doesn't know WHY as he clearly wasn't stealing anything.

Personally I'm going to say that yeah, prolly caught stealing poo poo because I don't think they fire you for closing your register a bit loud. Aren't those things supposed to be closed and locked 100% of the time that they're not currently in use?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Rekita getting fired for incompetence is easily believable even if that story isn't.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
What does Nick even make youtubes about im not clicking that poo poo

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i thought vic's lawyer was just some grifter taking an idiot chud and his manchild fans for a ride, i had no idea he apparently actually believes in his bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Phobophilia posted:

What does Nick even make youtubes about im not clicking that poo poo

Nowadays it's 99% vic stuff, but he's always been an anti-sjw/comicsgate style bullshitter/conspiracy peddler.

RottenK posted:

i thought vic's lawyer was just some grifter taking an idiot chud and his manchild fans for a ride, i had no idea he apparently actually believes in his bullshit

So to be clear, there are two lawyers involved- Percy Tyrone 'Ty' Beard, who is Vic's actual lawyer (and lazy and incompetent).

And Nick Rekieta, who is a "lawyer" who mostly just bullshits around on youtube doing livestreams and such talking about anti-sjw bullcrap while pretending to know the law. He set up the GoFundMe for Vic as a way of 'punishing' the defendants who sought to go after "an innocent man" and somehow vic and him ended up talking and Nick introduced Vic to Ty, as Ty is a friend of Nick's family.

You know what they say, misery enjoys company.