Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Trying to say that "all protesters are CIA" or "all protesters are begging for colonialism to come back" is not productive, but neither is saying that none of them are.

Are you able to show me somewhere where anyone very literally and clearly states (or even maybe heavily implied) there’s *no* involvement at all of either foreign intelligence agencies or people who would prefer a return to British rule?

I’m sincerely interested if anyone took that stark of a stance because I’m pretty sure they haven’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

R. Guyovich posted:

when MY side posts a tweet we are engaged in a noble quest to shed the light of reality on the blighted hellscape that is this subforum. when THEIR side posts a tweet its just some dipshit idiot who sucks probably.

This but unironically

Haha beaten
VVVV

Porfiriato has issued a correction as of 10:07 on Sep 9, 2019

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

when MY side posts a tweet we are engaged in a noble quest to shed the light of reality on the blighted hellscape that is this subforum. when THEIR side posts a tweet its just some dipshit idiot who sucks probably.

This but unironically. Also forever lol at twitter going-ons being a large part of this discussion while still, it bears repeating very often, literally being blocked in Beijing.

Edit: because it very much also means that there’s far more legitimate pro-Beijing sources on Twitter, for better or worse, and means that pro-Beijing comments *really actually do* skew more often than the other side towards weirdos and poo poo-stirrers than people posting in earnest and in good faith

LimburgLimbo has issued a correction as of 10:05 on Sep 9, 2019

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I just distrust anyone I don’t already know on Twitter and thus judge their tweets on a purely aesthetic level... funny, mad, immediately disregard and never use as evidence of anything

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who the hell would use social media for anytging but entertainment. Me, tgats who

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
My name is Brandon Alabama. Please President Xi nuke the National Mall.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Some Guy TT posted:

when was the last time normal people actually begged for foreigners to invade their countries in the sincere belief that war would somehow improve their lives

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

just a couple weeks ago i was being told up and down the protestors calling for us intervention in hk were just isolated cranks... weird!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Bloodnose posted:

dollars to donuts it's a christian thing

sounds like some cucked poo poo if u cant show solidarity u deserve to be ground into paste eat poo poo

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

gradenko_2000 posted:

Trying to say that "all protesters are CIA" or "all protesters are begging for colonialism to come back" is not productive, but neither is saying that none of them are.

I adhere to the 10 percent rule in any crowd there is around 10 percent CIA

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Just let the locals elect their own governor or whatever. The important thing is dismantling Hong Kong capitalism.

sincx posted:

The GBS China brigade is a group that consists of people who literally can only find jobs as grocery store clerks in the US

The GBS thread celebrates when the PRC loses a soccer game, they're petulant sinophobic sexpats.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Mantis42 posted:

Just let the locals elect their own governor or whatever.

quote:

The important thing is dismantling Hong Kong capitalism.

:thunk:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The PRC lets villages elect their own chiefs as well as other localities. The Hong Kongers can have a similar arrangement, just avoid provocations like this extradition bill and focus on economic changes first.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let 👏 HK 👏 participate 👏 in 👏 Eurovision 👏

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Mantis42 posted:

The PRC lets villages elect their own chiefs as well as other localities. The Hong Kongers can have a similar arrangement, just avoid provocations like this extradition bill and focus on economic changes first.

Sure as long as HKers also choose to allow patriotic education programs as HK curriculum to ensure proper class consciousness and rejection of false narratives of separatism and subservience to core imperial capitalistism

Typo has issued a correction as of 18:16 on Sep 9, 2019

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Frijolero posted:

Let 👏 HK 👏 participate 👏 in 👏 Eurovision 👏

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/Calum_Ip/status/1170984873198178305

yasssss kween!!!!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I stand with #HK. Let them become a part of the UK, preferably sometime before October 31.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
all of britain should #brexit and move to hk

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I just want President Xi to invade for the career opportunities.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Frijolero posted:

My name is Brandon Alabama. Please President Xi nuke the National Mall.
My name is Brisket Creepton, the new PRIME MINISTER of the PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC of America, announcing his presence on national television for the first time.

"People of America, the people of China are our friends! We must not fight them... HAND OVER ALL YOUR FIREARMS."

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNr82Y6v_Jg

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
Trade war vs US imperialists is disease of the skin, HK protests are the disease of the heart

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

sincx posted:

psst... they aren't smart enough to realize the irony

The GBS China brigade is a group that consists of people who literally can only find jobs as grocery store clerks in the US

i dont like to defend gbs but this is a bit :whitewater:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Mar 23, 2021

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i'm still not sure why those two refused to hold hands for a protest about holding hands, and this just makes the situation even more offputting

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

He knows what he did.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
man thread sure got quiet since the protesters started asking for president trump to intervene!!!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

what a roller coaster of a tweet

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

i'm still not sure why those two refused to hold hands for a protest about holding hands, and this just makes the situation even more offputting

like bloodnose said prolly some christian bullshit

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqGC4-n3cu8

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

why did they make a point of recreating the ballpen thing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i thought it was parody lol

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Darkman Fanpage posted:

man thread sure got quiet since the protesters started asking for president trump to intervene!!!

this weekend they are gonna ask for boris johnson to intervene lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't know why it's so controversial to suggest that, however sincere and valid the original protest movement was (and still is), there's absolutely people out there who are either A. clamoring for lovely things because they have bad politics, or B. being co-opted by foreign actors with their own ulterior motives with regards the PRC.

Brave and sensible and I wish to subscribe to ur newsletter sir :hai:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lady Galaga posted:

this weekend they are gonna ask for boris johnson to intervene lol

#hkekxit

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

just a couple weeks ago i was being told up and down the protestors calling for us intervention in hk were just isolated cranks... weird!

Low energy interventionist protestors, who are not an isolated group, keep holding up pictures of Donald J. Trump. :sad:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Darkman Fanpage posted:

hopefully the cops, who are good unlike US cops, crush the 'pro-democracy' protesters like the insects they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

fake bana shops are funny, but it's not as wild as when the account begged to start WW3

hong kong protests aren't at this level yet