Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think that ignores the context of us having one of the most parliamentarian speakers in a long time as well as the government's party in open revolt against a leader they personally detest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Republican politicians didn't turn on trump, true. But they don't seem to have our conservative politicians' love of stabbing each other in the back.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Chucat posted:

It's amazing that this guy manages to make Donald Trump look like an elder statesman.

*looks at tweedle dee and tweedle dumb* the one on the right looks dignified

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

No see, British institutions are stronger!
They aren't, but we at least have an opposition who aren't a bunch of simpering cowards.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Doccykins posted:

I think the Sun's cartoonist got a headstart on this

Lot of good av material here

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
another live one

https://twitter.com/PriskMark/status/1171041567341195264

Mark Prisk wasn't part of the 21 booted out, at some point the tories are going to have to start backfilling PPCs with the good old swivel eyed loons

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

marktheando posted:

Republican politicians didn't turn on trump, true. But they don't seem to have our conservative politicians' love of stabbing each other in the back.

Exactly one Republican showed any kind of spine, Justin Amash, and all he got for it was a few polite claps from the media and then an impending loss of his political office.

Oh there is that republican governor who wants to challenge trump but he was term limited and literally no-one cares.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
Increasingly feel that Nov 1 the first boats are going to turn up to Britain, only to find that there isn't a soul on the whole island. They get into London, finding no-one, only to see CROATOAN written in 15 foot tall letters across the shard.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Doccykins posted:

another live one

https://twitter.com/PriskMark/status/1171041567341195264

Mark Prisk wasn't part of the 21 booted out, at some point the tories are going to have to start backfilling PPCs with the good old swivel eyed loons

I'm pretty sure that point was 2017, if not 2015.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Irony Be My Shield posted:

They aren't, but we at least have an opposition who aren't a bunch of simpering cowards.

Yeah, this makes a big difference. The worst case scenario for all this poo poo with Boris is if parliament pulls a move straight out of the Dem playbook and rolls over like supine dogs for the sake of decorum

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Primpod posted:

Increasingly feel that Nov 1 the first boats are going to turn up to Britain, only to find that there isn't a soul on the whole island. They get into London, finding no-one, only to see CROATOAN written in 15 foot tall letters across the shard.

The difference being that according to the most prevailing theory, when that happened, the "lost" colonists integrated (willingly or not) with the natives, something the Hammond would never do.

My guess is everyone walks into the ocean. Or it turns into We Happy Few or something.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah, this makes a big difference. The worst case scenario for all this poo poo with Boris is if parliament pulls a move straight out of the Dem playbook and rolls over like supine dogs for the sake of decorum

In which respect we're already well past anything the US has managed to achieve in the past three years.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1171051645985349633

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Signal has an even chance of being the encryption messanger thing, or semaphore, given the UK.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/AmandaFBelfast/status/1171032014117572608

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
That list of names is so specific, that they must already have some part of it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
loving :lol: of course the government that wanted to ban people using strong encrypted messaging apps and allow judges to overturn mathematics are conspiring in secret using strong encrypted messaging apps.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
As it turns out MPs have been secretly plotting no deal by morse code and now technically will have to hand over their plans

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

the UK opposition is basically lions leading donkeys lol

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Idgt

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

PST posted:

my guess is they've already got a leaked version of a part of the requested info and they're waiting to see if the government are going to claim to hand over a complete version but it's actually had all the really damning bits edited out

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Angepain posted:

As it turns out MPs have been secretly plotting no deal by morse code and now technically will have to hand over their plans

-... --- .-. .. ... / .. ... / .- / -.-. ..- -. -

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

this is really not doing your claims not to be a robot any favours

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

He's PM of GB&NI.

and like "signal" I'm assuming"telegram" means the app but it could definitely be either

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

PST posted:

No way, Boris said he would stop the constant leaks, how would the opposition get hold of poo poo like that.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Primpod posted:

SCOATLAN

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

AceOfFlames posted:

Just dashed that off, did you?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jedit posted:

Just dashed that off, did you?

https://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html

(works both ways round - put morse in top translates to English and vice versa)

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

sebzilla posted:

No doubt he thinks he's loving Caesar or something.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
If there's a VONC and it passes this afternoon, but Parliament is pro-rogued from tonight, what does that mean for the '14 days to get the confidence of the house'?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

If there's a VONC and it passes this afternoon, but Parliament is pro-rogued from tonight, what does that mean for the '14 days to get the confidence of the house'?

Parliament has mere hours to force a realignment.

Also, lmao

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1171046516452204544

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

287 too many.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
unfortunately that's got good odds of being a strategic leak to try and encourage an election

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Julio Cruz posted:

my guess is they've already got a leaked version of a part of the requested info and they're waiting to see if the government are going to claim to hand over a complete version but it's actually had all the really damning bits edited out

Early this year (well it was early this year when I was told by friends) a lot of middle and senior ranking civil servants started to record everything. Memorandums of meetings, phone calls, everything that had anything to do with brexit. As I got told, it was being quietly suggested that no matter what, there would eventually be a judicial/public inquiry on this, and the civil service was not going to be the ones being blamed (this might exclude DexEU, which was where people who hosed up were getting sent during the mandatory transfer requirements).

Of course they were recording it all in expectation it would be seen, the Tories writing down their conspiracies thinking no one would leak is typical arrogance and stupidity from them (not least because of how quickly it's leaked).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

coffeetable posted:

unfortunately that's got good odds of being a strategic leak to try and encourage an election

It doesn't make a lot of sense though because surely the obvious suggestion is they'll do even worse if boris is humiliated.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

coffeetable posted:

Probably true.

If so then it's a pretty stupid move. If those figures are accurate, then surely tory support would be even lower after another article 50 extension?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

coffeetable posted:

I said as such earlier, but the other parties aren't falling for it anyway. They agreed even after that poll was leaked that they would not enable his GE bill.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

marktheando posted:

Probably true.

If so then it's a pretty stupid move. If those figures are accurate, then surely tory support would be even lower after another article 50 extension?

Correct. If this is genuine numbers, then the leak is twofold:

1) try and entice opposition to vote for a GE

2) because the key finding of the poll is it can only get worse for the Tories going forward

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
imagine my loving surprise that the headline on the supposedly-impartial BBC debate is "why aren't Labour supporting an election"

completely ignoring the fact that a) they are and b) this is probably the most eager in the entire history of Parliament the government have been to call an early election on themselves and literally no-one can be bothered to spend even half a second thinking about why that might be

burn Broadcasting House to the loving ground imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coffeetable posted:

Imagine how much more support they'll have lost in 2 months when Brexit has been delayed by Boris is what what I'd think if I was Labour.