Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I mean would you invite an rear end in a top hat like that to a birthday party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

So it's been forever since Alec Holowka was outed as an abusive, manipulative predator. It's been slightly less than forever since he killed himself, and of course, Zoe Quinn, the Night in the Woods devs, and other victims have been accused of basically killing him. Since we discussed it here a handful of pages ago, I thought I'd post a couple relevant updates:

Scott from NitW posted a long article on Medium describing his relationship with Alec--how it started, how it progressed, and how it effectively ended prior to the accusations (in 2015, Scott and Bethany decided to never work with him again on a new project because of the mental and physical toll of working with him).
https://medium.com/@bombsfall/alec-2618dc1e23e

tl;dr: Turns out his abuse had a pattern: find people interested in working with him (or dating him), abuse and manipulate them with threats of suicide, and eventually leave them in the lurch. They thought he had turned his life around in 2015 with new therapy and meds, and were able to get NitW out, but he basically just found new targets. He was full of stories about bad, evil ex-girlfriends, and the truism holds: if everyone around you is an rear end in a top hat, you're probably the rear end in a top hat. The abused people/groups were all largely isolated from one another, so no one had a full picture of what he did.

Scott Benson posted:

Back when Alec stopped threatening me with his suicide, who did he start threatening? I’m finding out he would just shift. To a new city. To a new team. To a new person to confide in.

And a new Kickstarter update was posted yesterday:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NightInTheWoods/comments/d0sy3u/alec_backer_update/

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Do they think that's easier than growing some mushrooms?!?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Bombadilillo posted:

Do they think?!?

Nope.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Bombadilillo posted:

Do they think that's easier than growing some mushrooms?!?

It’s not about ease, it’s about the sick thrill and/or Satanic ritual of forcing people to engage in human sacrifice.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Wish I had the energy to crunch the numbers on how many fetuses it would take to make a burger, how many of the impossible burgers are being made, and how many abortions are happening. I'm just some lazy dumb rear end in a top hat on the internet, but I'm guessing the numbers would not add up to support the... theory? Hypothesis? Rambling insanity?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CharlestheHammer posted:

You say that but Gods not dead trilogy stars Kevin Sorbo.

1stGear posted:

I haven't seen Kevin Sorbo without a shirt on in 25 years so I can't argue this.

Edit: everyone please stop sending me pictures of topless kevin sorbo

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

didnt a football man post something exactly like this recently?

Also i dont drink pepsi so lol, the illuminati's kill switch signal wont work on me.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I felt my instructions were specific and clear

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

He may be a right-wing shithead, but he's still in pretty decent shape for his age.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Here is a screenshot of that fuctupmike tweet for those that need it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/blackmagic_1234/status/1161474051547762688
https://twitter.com/United_Remember/status/1161532826887557120

double whammy of art decider bullshit and someone offended at it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1170521792215212032

That's not the Taliban, dumbass

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Bod's Not Dad

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Inceltown posted:

I feel bad for this person who has obviously never had a birthday cake with friends or family.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

He isn't wrong, broadly speaking

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1170759576259616769

What is the sound of one man huffing his own farts?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Inceltown posted:

I hope someone pointed out that most people don't eat most of their birthday cake and do in fact give it away because one generally gets a cake to eat with others.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Midnight Voyager posted:

I hope someone pointed out that most people don't eat most of their birthday cake and do in fact give it away because one generally gets a cake to eat with others.

Heck, I saw a birthday cake put up on my local Buy Nothing group. Sharing is caring.

(look up if you have a buy nothing group near you, it's a great program)

pfft, it's never going to be as good as the banned poo poo so is it really

PhazonLink posted:

didnt a football man post something exactly like this recently?

Also i dont drink pepsi so lol, the illuminati's kill switch signal wont work on me.

I assume Dr. Pepper contains ground up donated brain matter or whatever because it's always in my head

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Midnight Voyager posted:

The dunking on him because that is exactly what you do with a birthday cake if you have friends is why he deleted it.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Inceltown posted:

The dunking on him because that is exactly what you do with a birthday cake if you have friends is why he deleted it.

More like MikeFuctup

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Inceltown posted:

Good.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

He's now going some sort of puppetmaster defence thing on deleting it

https://twitter.com/FuctupMike/status/1170931346673475584

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Ahahahahaha I was thinking "that's the kind of dude who would try a puppetmaster defence" and that's exactly what he did!

edit: ^^^^^ oh fuuuuuuuuuckkkk yoooooouuuu

fake edit2: Haha yeah I posted that after you on purpose, jokes on you commie libtards

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Maybe it's just a class thing. We think birthday cake is split between all the party guests but maybe in upper class families the kid just eats the whole cake alone with the serving staff in attendance while the parents are off at work or the golf course.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The Eric Trump Story

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Weatherman posted:

Ahahahahaha I was thinking "that's the kind of dude who would try a puppetmaster defence" and that's exactly what he did!

edit: ^^^^^ oh fuuuuuuuuuckkkk yoooooouuuu

fake edit2: Haha yeah I posted that after you on purpose, jokes on you commie libtards

I'm sure the puppetmaster tweet will go so a screenshot is vital archiving. You're doing good work :zpatriot:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
He could have said Bernie should give away 90% of his birthday presents. It would have been dumb, but much less dumb.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dr Christmas posted:

He could have said Bernie should give away 90% of his birthday presents. It would have been dumb, but much less dumb.

He'd only understand that concept if anyone had ever invited him to their own birthday party.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Inceltown posted:

He's now going some sort of puppetmaster defence thing on deleting it

https://twitter.com/FuctupMike/status/1170931346673475584

https://twitter.com/FuctupMike/status/1170899361586405376

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Eschenique posted:

Maybe it's just a class thing. We think birthday cake is split between all the party guests but maybe in upper class families the kid just eats the whole cake alone with the serving staff in attendance while the parents are off at work or the golf course.

You joke, but a couple of my wealthier friends had parties (in a party house or nicer park pavilion, despite having houses that could fit a cotillion ball) where there was a display cake for the birthday boy/girl themself, and then a couple of sheet cakes cut up for the rest, like a wedding.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
You should :thermidor: your friends.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Fathis Munk posted:

You should :thermidor: your friends.

Retrospect hit really hard on that one when I began achieving class consciousness. Suddenly all my "friends with nice things" turned out to be the children of literal predatory businessmen. It also makes the inordinate amount of trouble I got in for ANYTHING a lot more understandable, seeing as I was the poor city boy who was getting his morals aired out in a proper suburban home.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Brawnfire posted:

You joke, but a couple of my wealthier friends had parties (in a party house or nicer park pavilion, despite having houses that could fit a cotillion ball) where there was a display cake for the birthday boy/girl themself, and then a couple of sheet cakes cut up for the rest, like a wedding.

The way you say that last line makes it sound like this is a normal thing for weddings.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

wizzardstaff posted:

The way you say that last line makes it sound like this is a normal thing for weddings.

Isn't it? I thought a lot of people got a cake that was mostly just like, decorated cardboard drums except for the top part the bride and groom smash into each others' faces, and then the actual, edible cake was from a caterer or Wegmans.

But again, there's some pretty glaring class lines in that experience, as well. I've been at weddings held at country clubs, party houses, VWA halls, and barefoot in a backyard so there was some rather disparate expectations re: what's provided guests, dress code, amount of drugs used.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Brawnfire posted:

Retrospect hit really hard on that one when I began achieving class consciousness. Suddenly all my "friends with nice things" turned out to be the children of literal predatory businessmen. It also makes the inordinate amount of trouble I got in for ANYTHING a lot more understandable, seeing as I was the poor city boy who was getting his morals aired out in a proper suburban home.

Kind of reminds me of my childhood. I lived in a town with a really rough rich/poor divide and ended up with a handful of rich kid friends because of my nerdy hobbies, and the spectacular contempt their parents had for me, a child of like eight to twelve, was amazing. One of said friends was the son of a well known celebrity doctor (As in the doctor to celebrities) and once day his dad had to drive a bunch of us home because a storm hit and while he wanted to make us poors walk home in rain so dense you couldn't see more than a few feet, his wife made him drive us. So he spent most of the drive home just bragging to us literal children about how expensive everything he owned was, telling us not to touch anything in his fancy car and how he was a very important doctor. Then someone asked him if he had any cool doctor stories and he flipped his poo poo and spent the rest of the trip just ranting about how rude it was that we would ask that and how his patients were all Very Important People and how dare we try to invade their privacy like that.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I've never seen a wedding cake outside a movie. When my best friend got married he and his wife went to the town hall and got pronounced married at the cost of zero. Then the following weekend they held a huge barbecue for all family members.

Oh yeah they both work with metal and they made each others wedding rings. One of Cobalt and one of Tungsten, made into rings and worn on a chain around the neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The wealthy relatives and friends in whose weddings I've been have always expressed this wealth with top quality catering for the guests, this notion of having something fancy that pretends to be food but that you don't eat and then letting the guests eat crap sounds like more of an American thing. Also destination weddings and forcing everyone to dress in tuxes in August.