Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Baseball is so dead long term in Boston and anyone who’s seen the ratings demo for games this season would know it. We’re talking a 2 rating in the 18-49 and a 10 in the 60+ on a nightly basis.

When the Pats eventually suck again they’ll still be number 1 in the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
NO ONE CARES ABOUT BASEBALL

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bit concerned about Baltimore's interior oline when we play an actual nfl team

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Why is Tomlin taking so much heat by the way? I'm not saying he's without flaws, but when management lionizes the old gimpy rapist and let's a lot of younger elite talent go elsewhere, plus some truly awful injuries to rising stars, what magic is he supposed to spin? Was anyone earnestly predicting the Steelers would look more like their 2016-17 form, rather than continue the slow slide into mediocrity with occasional flashes of excellence/ineptitude?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

OxySnake posted:

I guess you missed the part where for 80 years Boston was a baseball city, but I too like to ignore history.

Nuke new england nevertheless

When the gently caress were we ever talking about the last 80 years? I am talking about right now, today, but okay dude, let me tell you exactly what you want to hear: everyone is tuning in to the Red Sox every day and crying big fat sloppy wet tears over the Red Sox getting shithoused in the wild card. are you happy now? :laffo:

The Pats just opened the season and 90% of the sports fans promptly ignored the Sox. It's football time in New England binch

CyberPingu posted:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

When the gently caress were we ever talking about the last 80 years? I am talking about right now, today, but okay dude, let me tell you exactly what you want to hear: everyone is tuning in to the Red Sox every day and crying big fat sloppy wet tears over the Red Sox getting shithoused in the wild card. are you happy now? :laffo:

The Pats just opened the season and 90% of the sports fans promptly ignored the Sox. It's football time in New England binch

Glad to see your actually laughing

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

CyberPingu posted:

I do

As a mathematician :sax:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Baseball sucks and Red Sox's fans deserve pain and shouldn't get to have the Patriots.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

kalensc posted:

I do

As a mathematician :sax:

I only care about football because I am a world famous brain surgeon

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

At this point, im pretty sure 99% of Pats fans would consider a non-SB appearance as a failure of a season

Missing the AFCCG would absolutely be a failure of a season, missing the super bowl would just be a disappointment.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

settle down pipsqueak

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1171045060923670529?s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

That Colts game was the type that you could always count on the Chargers to lose so maybe they've finally turned the corner.

But I doubt it.

They started winning these type of games last year, to be fair.

I have some major concerns (specifically left tackle and the run defense), but we are a good team

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

a neat cape posted:

They started winning these type of games last year, to be fair.

I have some major concerns (specifically left tackle and the run defense), but we are a good team

How long is Derwin James out for again? Also any news about Mike Williams?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Brady is buying stem cells from Peter Thiel

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

SHOAH NUFF posted:

settle down pipsqueak

that's tubesteak to you, pal

when you click "quote" on a post made by a guy with a tom brady kissing his son on the lips avatar, you sign on the dotted line

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I forgot he existed until that first AB tweet people posted on Saturday.

Like walking into a bathroom you duded up the night before and forgot to vent.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

OxySnake posted:

How long is Derwin James out for again? Also any news about Mike Williams?

James should be back in mid November if the rehab is on schedule, and Okung by mid October.

Nothing on Mike yet, but it doesnt seem like it was a big deal.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

a neat cape posted:

James should be back in mid November if the rehab is on schedule, and Okung by mid October.

Nothing on Mike yet, but it doesnt seem like it was a big deal.

Hopefully they make it back for Bears / Packers. Otherwise it looks like LACs schedule is pretty easy except Denver in a few weeks.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Are you actually allowed to be on a hot take show any more without a Twitter account that you can use to say insane poo poo? His boss is probably pissed

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
If this week's games are any indication, Hawks-Steelers is gonna be a real, real ugly game

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It wouldn't be surprising if the next gen of QB's (Mahomes, Goff, etc) all play into their 40s.

Goff is just Foles with a smaller dick and no Super Bowl ring

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
look at all these innocent babies who think brady doesn't take steroids :allears:

he takes all the steroids. when the rest of his team goes to get their steroids there's none left, bradys stolen them all

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

Goff is just Foles with a smaller dick and no Super Bowl ring

maybe the best way to describe Jared Goff that I've ever seen

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
Brady just has really good protection and has avoided long term injuries thanks to that. This also means he's going to play way past a good quitting point and we will get to watch him take one bad hit that ends up shattering his osteoarthritic bones and literally breaking him in half.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Speaking of which did the NFL rescind the "You cant tackle a QB and land on them with your body weight" rule from last year?

The play Foles broke his collarbone on was almost a mirror of how Rodgers broke his.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The Pats dynasty is the most successful CIA psy-op in the agency's history.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

OxySnake posted:

Speaking of which did the NFL rescind the "You cant tackle a QB and land on them with your body weight" rule from last year?

The play Foles broke his collarbone on was almost a mirror of how Rodgers broke his.

Yeah about midway through last season the refs stopped calling that one because it was happening too often

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Huh I thought defenses finally adjusted to tackling them on the side but :shrug:

RIP Foles

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It was funny seeing Clay Matthews basically lose his mind getting called for so many penalties last year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This is only like the 2nd time the chargers have been 1-0 in the last decade and it rules

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Manoueverable posted:

If this week's games are any indication, Hawks-Steelers is gonna be a real, real ugly game

steelers gonna throw for like 450

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

OxySnake posted:

Huh I thought defenses finally adjusted to tackling them on the side but :shrug:

RIP Foles

Yeah that hit on Foles was textbook what the bodyweight rule was. Makes me think the PI challenge rule will hopefully die after this season.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

kalensc posted:

Why is Tomlin taking so much heat by the way? I'm not saying he's without flaws, but when management lionizes the old gimpy rapist and let's a lot of younger elite talent go elsewhere, plus some truly awful injuries to rising stars, what magic is he supposed to spin? Was anyone earnestly predicting the Steelers would look more like their 2016-17 form, rather than continue the slow slide into mediocrity with occasional flashes of excellence/ineptitude?
Because people in Pittsburgh want to raise enough of a stink that the Rooneys will get rid of him and hire a old white coach that will make them feel comfortable.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

kalensc posted:

You surely understand that every single team in the league, including the Patriots, protect their franchise QB over any skill position player, even if he's been accused of sexual assault. That's just reality

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

OxySnake posted:

Also the obvious answer is that NFL rules have moved super far to protect QBs so they can play into their early 40s easily because they dont take the hits that usually linger and reduce their production.

i wonder if a better supply of young quarterbacks that weren't trash would change those rules

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Kramering in here to be another Cowboys guy that goes "Wow running a modern offense sure is a good idea".

See you in 17 weeks when we are 8-8.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

RocktheCaulk posted:

Kramering in here to be another Cowboys guy that goes "Wow running a modern offense sure is a good idea".

See you in 17 weeks when we are 8-8.

Watching a Cowboys game where they weren't just trying to cosplay as the 1992 team without all the Hall of Famers was pretty different tbh.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

sean10mm posted:

Watching a Cowboys game where they weren't just trying to cosplay as the 1992 team without all the Hall of Famers was pretty different tbh.

I still think they have a secondary that is iffy, but the Offense looks like it could put 30+ up a game on the regular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
God help us all if the loving Cowboys are the ones best equipped to challenge the Pats