Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The laser key is an actual physical key. I love what people in the 70s thought the future would be like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"By the year 2000 we'll have flying cars!"
2019, we have an electric car that falls apart in the rain

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"But, I'm here to kidnap you."
"OH YEAH? gently caress YOU!" [BZARPP!]

"HAR! gently caress YOU! Get me a loving coffee!"

That dude's going to make him say the Holocaust happened!

*note to be on the safe side: the Holocaust did happen

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Epicurius posted:

Or he'd just ignore the gun to scream at the staff.

"MISS BRANT! I TOLD YOU I'M NOT TAKING OUTSIDE APPOINTMENTS TODAY! ROBBIE? ARE THE PROOFS DONE YET? WE GO TO PRINT IN TWO HOURS!"

"Look, buddy, I said youse has to come wit' me."

<Waves gunman away with his hand> "AND WHERE'S PARKER? HE HASN'T SHOWN UP FOR DAYS! WHY DO WE EVEN HIRE STRINGERS IF THEY WON'T STRING?"

"You don't understand. I got a gun
That means you do what I say or else I fill you full of lead."

<Jameson gives him a withering stare>

"MISS BRANT! GET ME THE MAYOR'S OFFICE. BEANE MAY NOT TALK TO URICH, BUT HE'LL TALK TO ME, OR MY NAME'S NOT J. JONAH JAMESON. I swear to God, sometimes it seems like I'm the only one who does any work in this office."

Reminds me of this scene:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Android Blues posted:

So the Hobgoblin is definitely Harry's psychiatrist using the logs from their sessions to mimic Harry's descriptions of the Green Goblin.

Harry: So anyway, Peter Parker is Spider-Man
Psychiatrist: Goddammit that's no use, it has to be something that the general public doesn't know!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cat Mattress posted:

Reminds me of this scene:
Where's this from?

"No but seriously, is he any good? How's he with dealing with jealousy for mole people with regard to aunts?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thug: Hey Boss, what if Spider-Man is smart enough to figure out that a single chopstick would unlock his bracelet?
Kingpin: I stopped listened after you said "what if Spider-Man is smart enough"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Johnny Walker posted:

Where's this from?

Opplopolis
It's weird and doesn't really go anywhere and has been left unfinished, but it's good.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cat Mattress posted:

Opplopolis
It's weird and doesn't really go anywhere and has been left unfinished, but it's good.
This makes me both want to and not want to read it.

"Hey, why aren't you swinging crotch-first?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Widow seriously starting to reconsider whether she should have taken MJ up on her offer to come along.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I still can't get over Black Widow just swinging through the city like that. It's just such an unbelievably bizarre way for her to keep up with Spider-Man. I don't know if she ever did that in comics, and frankly, I don't really care - it's still silly.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Yeah, I think they got Black Widow mixed up with Black Cat.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zinkraptor posted:

I still can't get over Black Widow just swinging through the city like that. It's just such an unbelievably bizarre way for her to keep up with Spider-Man. I don't know if she ever did that in comics, and frankly, I don't really care - it's still silly.

She used to roll with Daredevil and they are both accomplished swingers.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Zinkraptor posted:

Today she may be flying.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The only comic appearance of Black Widow I've seen is in The Infinity Gauntlet, where she shoots her wrist-mount grappling thingy to swing and save someone. :shrug:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never knew Black Widow used her own grappling stuff but I guess this does explain why she's considered a Web Warrior in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 alongside the Spideys + Venom.

EDIT: Unless that's not actually why she's a Web Warrior, and it's just a name thing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Crazy how no one tried to help/intervene in any way on JJJ's very public kidnapping. Must be the mustache. Or the ever sunny disposition.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

The "plot actually advanced on the Sunday strips these newspaper scans don't have" menace strikes again.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

edit: and I guess I'm also posting the current sunday one since no one did

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 8, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
And that's why I'm going to give this gargoyle a very awkward back massage.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It would be totally in character if the second speech bubble were attributed to Jameson.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"When you have eliminated none of the possible, the most improbable is the answer."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"Perhaps Harry is entering a powerful dissociative disorder episode that is making him be a supervillain without his knowledge in order to avenge his dad! or maybe someone else is the hobgoblin, idk"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I think in all likelihood, his shrink figured that Harry could potentially have dissociative disorder and eventually kill someone as the Hobgoblin. So the shrink does the sensible thing and takes his chance to murder someone and blame it on his client. Free murder! You don't get that chance every day.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I just wanted to note that I’m a fan of “THPLOPP” as a sound effect

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
the resolution to the kingpin arc was bullshit in the best worse way ever because literally barely anything built up kingpin's wife betraying him, she was literally there for only a few strips and then decides to betray the pin right when literally jonah is about to get shot/yell the guy who DARES to throw a gun at JJ's while he's BUSY waiting on peter's images of that MENACE, while spider-man does jackshit but whine and not use any of the well-established wits or intelligence peter owns in mainline canon to figure out a solution to the problem (i.e. just loving pickpocket king's pocket while he is turning away from the dude who can do literally anything that a spider can do but if they were big!) that isn't whining about it and just giving up until the convenient turncoat comes in and removes all tension from the storyline. Newspaper Spider-Man is a dumbass Reason #544765534232.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TheNamedSavior posted:

the resolution to the kingpin arc was bullshit in the best worse way ever because literally barely anything built up kingpin's wife betraying him, she was literally there for only a few strips and then decides to betray the pin right when literally jonah is about to get shot/yell the guy who DARES to throw a gun at JJ's while he's BUSY waiting on peter's images of that MENACE, while spider-man does jackshit but whine and not use any of the well-established wits or intelligence peter owns in mainline canon to figure out a solution to the problem (i.e. just loving pickpocket king's pocket while he is turning away from the dude who can do literally anything that a spider can do but if they were big!) that isn't whining about it and just giving up until the convenient turncoat comes in and removes all tension from the storyline. Newspaper Spider-Man is a dumbass Reason #544765534232.

calm down

breathe slowly

do you want a paper bag?

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Sep 9, 2019

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"I invested millions into this laserlocked gau tlet, that shows me Spider-Man's exact position!... What do you mean, did I also invest in a simple beeping noise if the thing is unlocked, or some kind of pulse-measurement to check if he is alive or still wearing it? I'm not made of money!"

I guess the reason Kingpin wants Jameson dead is because they are becoming too much alike.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MJ wishes for death.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Perhaps Harry is entering a powerful dissociative disorder episode that is making him be a supervillain without his knowledge in order to avenge his dad! or maybe someone else is the hobgoblin, idk"

"Am I just harassing a mentally unwell person for no reason?"

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Johnny Walker posted:

MJ wishes for death.

Also, she's not around, so neither of them are protecting her right now.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Samuringa posted:

His face gets longer with each strip, it's literally outside the panel.

The part of Harry is being played by barnacle jim

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alhazred posted:

"Am I just harassing a mentally unwell person for no reason?"

Maybe Peter got tired of beating himself up?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I wish modern Spidey used his cotton-candy-flavored webbing more often.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Seeing Peter actually be competent is so weird. 2018 Peter just webbed guns to people's hands instead of jamming them.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"We do have an 'M. Parker' who is a guest of a 'Mr. Moleman' but they have instructed us not to disturb them."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Can you check if she's under Mrs. Spider-Man?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I'm sorry sir but I am high off my loving tits