Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Tennessee/Bama is gonna be rated R at this rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

curried lamb of God posted:

Houston looked bad against their FCS cupcake but Logan Holgorsen got some playing time

Yep...there's something wrong with Deriq King and I doubt that's going to get fixed in the next day or two so yep, gonna be ugly this weekend.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Tennessee/Bama is gonna be rated R at this rate

Too bad Tennessee doesn't get Arkansas this year.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
LSU good, though we got a little too torched for my liking in the secondary
NIU whatever
I(llinois)SU seems pretty alright

I'm glad the Saints are back because it means the local news has finally shut the gently caress up about UT sticking the band in the upper deck. Who loving cares? Louisiana sports fans take being professionally aggrieved to a level I never thought possible.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Rutgers Punter, who should be the Heisman favorite, did not win Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week and I'm loving heated about it, y'all. Come fight me, Jim Delaney, you coward.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

MourningView posted:

Come fight me, Jim Delaney, you coward.

same, but just because

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Komet posted:

Somewhat off-topic, but there's a recent investigative article about the giant scam Liberty University is. I knew it was academically a joke, but it's also a front for real estate purchases and giving loans to Falwell's friends. https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/09/jerry-falwell-liberty-university-loans-227914

Liberty owns a TON of real estate in Lynchburg, it's true.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
https://twitter.com/ShipwrightPhoto/status/1170859085543223296

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/ClemsonFB/status/1171099059718774784?s=20

Ugh, what a waste of a primetime slot... Also a lot of my friends with kids are pissed because they always use cupcake games to bring the kids out for a nice day trip.

Also :lol: at the attendance inflation. Pretty sure the Charlotte tickets were included with purchase of the A&M game, so of course it looks sold out...

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Komet posted:

Somewhat off-topic, but there's a recent investigative article about the giant scam Liberty University is. I knew it was academically a joke, but it's also a front for real estate purchases and giving loans to Falwell's friends. https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/09/jerry-falwell-liberty-university-loans-227914

"Liberty employees detailed other instances of Falwell’s behavior that they see as falling short of the standard of conduct they expect from conservative Christian leaders, from partying at nightclubs, to graphically discussing his sex life with employees, to electioneering that makes uneasy even those who fondly remember the heyday of the late Rev. Jerry Falwell Sr., the school’s founder and Falwell Jr.’s father, and his Moral Majority."

I'm a cynic, but this is exactly the standard of conduct I expect from conservative Christian leaders.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
He's like the Danny McBride character in The Righteous Gemstones

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

General Dog posted:

He's like the Danny McBride character in The Righteous Gemstones

i just assumed it was based on jerry jr

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mactheknife posted:

LSU good, though we got a little too torched for my liking in the secondary

It's pretty funny that so much of the lead-up to the game was "Which school is DBU?" and then both QBs threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

It's pretty funny that so much of the lead-up to the game was "Which school is DBU?" and then both QBs threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs.

Also that Championship Hydration Levels played a not-insignificant role in the game

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

Also that Championship Hydration Levels played a not-insignificant role in the game

i'd appreciate if you respected our traditions, thx

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PostNouveau posted:

I’ve literally never heard of Texas in the DBU discussion

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve literally never heard of Texas in the DBU discussion

You wouldn't have known that from the media in the week leading up to it! I think there was even a GameDay segment.

I tried to make a case for it in the GDT, but the list is, uh, pretty thin I'll admit.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Just based on dudes drafted in the last few years, the actual DBU is Ohio St

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

this, but it says DBU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

PostNouveau posted:

You wouldn't have known that from the media in the week leading up to it! I think there was even a GameDay segment.

I tried to make a case for it in the GDT, but the list is, uh, pretty thin I'll admit.

So weird. I mean, they've had some good DBs. But like UF, Miami, LSU and Ohio St seem to be like the big players there historically.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Thermos H Christ posted:

speaking of hydration levels

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_4c7ccdf0-d32d-11e9-b2cc-e3343db78599.html

quote:

LSU football head coach Ed Orgeron confirmed to media members Monday that the Tigers did not have air conditioning in the locker room Saturday for its game against Texas.

Orgeron said he called Louisiana Tech, Texas' week one opponent, before the game and in anticipation had his team bring extra fans.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alright. All-American DBs for Texas since 2000:

Nathan Vasher (2001, 2003)
Quentin Jammer (2001)
Rod Babers (2002)
Michael Huff (2005)
Michael Griffin (2006)
Aaron Ross (2006)
Earl Thomas (2009)
Kenny Vaccaro (2012)

So while we do suck at it now, there was a time where our secondaries weren't awful, particularly 2001-2006.

In conclusion, DBU is a land of contrasts.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What's all this talk about Dallas Baptist

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

definitely like that they felt the need to use this strategy on fuckin LA Tech

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Scarf posted:

https://twitter.com/ClemsonFB/status/1171099059718774784?s=20

Ugh, what a waste of a primetime slot... Also a lot of my friends with kids are pissed because they always use cupcake games to bring the kids out for a nice day trip.

People in my tailgate group are bitching too. But come on, what else is the ACC network gonna air primetime that's gonna pull more TV sets? We better be getting used to this.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

drewhead posted:

People in my tailgate group are bitching too. But come on, what else is the ACC network gonna air primetime that's gonna pull more TV sets? We better be getting used to this.

I'd be happy with them doing that viewing-room thing they had going the other day where they were just sitting around watching and commenting on other ACC games.

poo poo, put Richt on for 3 hours talking shop... He's been a pleasant surprise as a commentator on ACCN.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/InsideUSC/status/1171148202105458688

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn @ A&M will be the CBS game Saturday after next.

Not That Into You
Oct 29, 2007

RIP Clay. New AD will want a fresh start, even if the new frosh QB somehow salvages this season. Thanks Lori Loughlin!

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Jeff Fisher for combination head coach and AD makes the most sense I think.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/MarkRicht/status/1171112302101389312

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Matt Leinart.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

i'm 100% here for best-life-mark-richt

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:dance:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Not That Into You posted:

RIP Clay. New AD will want a fresh start, even if the new frosh QB somehow salvages this season. Thanks Lori Loughlin!

Clay will survive the year as there is no one to fire him

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I seriously don't understand why more coaches aren't like this. It's a different mindset I guess, but I would not want to be working still if I was Nick Saban's age, and he definitely doesn't need the money.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Spacemonkey57 posted:

OJ

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

:hai:

came here to post this

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

*busts in door*

DID ANYONE SAY YET THAT OJ WOULD BE A KILLER AD?

(dammit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

mark richt is living my personal best life and i don't much appreciate it