Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can guarantee you that they won't give a poo poo and also someone or even two someones are going to be nuking the maps repeatedly using other means as it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Kesper North posted:

What's the best way to level Lenz to 30? I have a feeling people will be super mad if I try to use it in ESO.

Mirage for maximum boom. Revenant or Hildryn if you don't want to kill yourself.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 9, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

And if you're really self consious just take a murderous secondary and kill stuff with that while the Lenz builds XP.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Target Practice posted:

Im bummed that I can't use the warframe app to buy a weapon slot so I can start a gun cooking.
... Don't you only need the slot when you claim the finished weapon/frame/whatever?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kesper North posted:

What's the best way to level Lenz to 30? I have a feeling people will be super mad if I try to use it in ESO.

It's not actually a problem, because you don't blow them up with it. At least, that's what I was told in clan chat before I went out and played with mine.

It's a slow weapon, but lots of fun. :unsmigghh:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Zereth posted:

... Don't you only need the slot when you claim the finished weapon/frame/whatever?
Yes. And the App will automatically prompt you to buy frame or weapon slots when claiming without an open one (which is ~95% of the way i claim stuff).

It won't let you sell a weapon to free up a slot tho.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Johnny Joestar posted:

i can guarantee you that they won't give a poo poo and also someone or even two someones are going to be nuking the maps repeatedly using other means as it is

Oh I wasn't worried about nuking maps, I was worried about teamkilling. If I just need to worry about not killing myself, I'm good.

Avulsion posted:

Mirage for maximum boon. Revenant or Hildryn if you don't want to kill yourself.

Time to sing my favorite song: I don't have any of these frames!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah explosive weapons only kill you not your teammates

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Kesper North posted:

Oh I wasn't worried about nuking maps, I was worried about teamkilling. If I just need to worry about not killing myself, I'm good.
I haven't yet seen any way in the game to actually "teamkill" outside of radiation hazard sorties.
The void defense lasers maybe, pulling people into environmental hazards (or their own lenz explosions) with valkyrs ripline, Speedva-ing high level mission mobs into unprepared pubs?
You usually have to get really creative with a strong deliberate intent. And you'll likely justly get a ton of poo poo for being an rear end in a top hat.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 9, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah there is no way to directly deal damage to other players in 99.99999999% of the content.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Self-damage and the vanishingly few actual cases of friendly fire in Warframe should both be removed. They contribute nothing except "gently caress you for using this small handful of weapons that aren't even as good as non-self-damaging AoE anyways."

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Kesper North posted:

Time to sing my favorite song: I don't have any of these frames!

Rhino then. You won't be able to survive a hit from the Lenz, but the status immunity from Iron Skin will prevent the cold proc from slowing you down and give you a chance to escape the blast radius.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Self-damage and the vanishingly few actual cases of friendly fire in Warframe should both be removed. They contribute nothing except "gently caress you for using this small handful of weapons that aren't even as good as non-self-damaging AoE anyways."

I think this would cause me to hard quit. Self-damage is my favorite mechanic, bar none. I'd be less bummed if they changed the movement system to original gears of war speed/freedom.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that is a very strange take

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Tulip posted:

I think this would cause me to hard quit. Self-damage is my favorite mechanic, bar none. I'd be less bummed if they changed the movement system to original gears of war speed/freedom.

I mean I would also accept "self-damage is scaled to a range where it's dangerous but not instant death 1000x overkill on your warframe, and also you can rocket jump now" but as it is you can't even exploit self-damage to charge abilities that activate on taking damage. It's the most boring implementation ever.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Broke: not using the Lenz

Woke: dying to your own Lenz explosion once, laughing about it, then switching to an actually-good weapon

Bespoke: Lenz is competitive with archwings as a way of navigating open world areas :getin:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i wouldnt complain if they took it out but that split second of "oh poo poo" right before you explode but after its too late to do anything is one of my favorite experiences in this game

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
dying has zero consequences and blowing yourself up is funny

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think it's hosed up we don't have a rocketjumping weapon and it'd be even more hosed up if it gets added and the inevitable idiots who say it's not needed because we have bulletjumping crawl out of the woodwork to question it

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Pomp posted:

dying has zero consequences and blowing yourself up is funny

Dying slows you down, which is actually the most important negative consequence in Warframe, as currently designed.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I've managed to blow myself up with the acceltra a few times. I know the explosives go off after a certain distance from you so I'm not sure how it's happening, but it's mostly from aim gliding above the enemy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I haven't killed myself with my Lenz yet, but I have stripped off my Iron Skin with it a bunch of times. :blush:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

prefect posted:

I haven't killed myself with my Lenz yet, but I have stripped off my Iron Skin with it a bunch of times. :blush:

Sounds like they should have called it Tape.

Here's an idea for a rocketjumping frame: Dyson has a hoop skirt, can sort of fly if you trigger her 1 enough. Each time you hit 1 she drops a mini-nuke under her skirt and lights it.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 10, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Flubby posted:

I've managed to blow myself up with the acceltra a few times. I know the explosives go off after a certain distance from you so I'm not sure how it's happening, but it's mostly from aim gliding above the enemy.

Acceltra handles it a lot better, but it's also a great weapon to begin with. Being better about instagibbing yourself is still inferior to just scrapping the idea entirely. Apparently the audience exists for people who kill themselves frequently and find it funny every time, but that's a very small niche and they already have the Lenz to suicide all day with. It just doesn't work as a risk-vs-reward mechanic (at least I assume they were going for that) because the risk is you die at random unexpectedly and the reward is a weapon that's worse than a bunch of other risk-free weapons.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there a good solution for the Acceltra blowing through its entire ammo reserves in less than 60 seconds

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Lenz is my go to weapon for arbies poo poo owns what are you all on lmao??

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Keep walking forward to pick up all the ammo drops you just created.

Real talk, not really. You could mod for it but I don't feel it needs it. I run out of ammo for it all the time in nso and eso, defense missions. But in any mission where you just keep going foreard I rarely run out of ammo

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I really need to get on to farming up Fieldrons from Alerts they're super common drops.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think it's hosed up we don't have a rocketjumping weapon and it'd be even more hosed up if it gets added and the inevitable idiots who say it's not needed because we have bulletjumping crawl out of the woodwork to question it
and then DE would roll it back/delete it 8 hours later after about 3 posts from those idiots

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

StashAugustine posted:

Is there a good solution for the Acceltra blowing through its entire ammo reserves in less than 60 seconds

Carrier (Prime) is your buddy here, but also firing in small bursts because very few things need a full clip of Acceltra dumped on them.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I'm pretty sure the original Tonkor let you rocket jump and only dealt like 50 HP of fixed damage. It was an entirely useless function because it was such a small hop, and it did so drat much damage to enemies in a huge AoE that didn't have any chance of killing you at all.
Then they changed it.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Any tips for farming the quills rep? Is it only do dolons over and over again and shove every core I have at them?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Xun posted:

Any tips for farming the quills rep? Is it only do dolons over and over again and shove every core I have at them?

Yeah it's just dolons. Technically you could farm voms, but why?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The smart way to do it would be any self damage weapon would have a % max health cap of how much it could do in one shot, taking a maximum of say, 24-49% of your health from a single explosion, 1% less then needed to multi-shot yourself to death.

I just don't use any self-damage weapons, the annoyance of some grunt running up into your crosshairs to explode you or making you have to slow down instead of rushing forward into everything makes them a bad time when like said you could just use a AOE weapon that doesn't have that drawback.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Lenz, Kulstar, Mirage: everyone is going to die, including myself.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Dying slows you down, which is actually the most important negative consequence in Warframe, as currently designed.

This is why I despise self damage. Theres always going to be a mook, or some weird object corner that catches your blast unexpectedly when your trying to murder at mach 2 through the map.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Mailer posted:

but also firing in small bursts because very few things need a full clip of Acceltra dumped on them.

this is the real answer because you can easily coat a small area with, say, radiation damage with a ~x6 or whatever crit multiplier with like 4-8 shots. After a forma or two this laughably obliterates small/unarmored units.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Lenz is the only bow I will ever use because I'm poo poo-rear end at using actual bows.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I get that for a changes polarity of a mod slot, by is there no way to add mod slots? It seems like a lot of stuff is really limited with 6 slots or whatever.

Edit: Nevermind, my memory is bad and I checked wiki.

Target Practice fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

10 for frames, 9 for melee weapons, 8 for everything else. Arcanes where applicable.