Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gort posted:

The bit where Cumberbatch goes to his mind palace and projects designer brand logos out of his skull. When I saw that, I thought it had been altered to be as cringe-inducing as possible, but no, that was the original show.
See that's why he's perfect to play Dom Cum.

e: The T54 was a Soviet MBT and a road in Ireland and I'm sure there's some way that brain genius Cummings is planning to combine the two.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

Coupling was his best work, and the best thing about The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is commenting over Father Faustus Blackwood, High Priest of the Church of Night's lines as Jeff.

Holy poo poo, how did I not recognise that Faustus is Jeff!?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The next 5 weeks are for gathering supplies to see out the apocalyptic winter.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

sherlock poo poo, i remember my friends were really into it then i poured withering scorn on them like the goon i am

is there still parliament poo poo going down? doesnt corbyn do some speech on rule of law or has that happened? i want him to citizens arrest bojo

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Why has nobody pointed out Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd century yet?

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Pesky Splinter posted:

Down to the acting, I like the scene where Moriarty pretends to be a regular actor whose just been paid to pretend to be this super genius by a third party, just to gaslight Sherlock. There's some pretty good acting in the series - it's just the writing loving blows most of the time.

That one always bugged me.

His assumed persona of actor was supposed to be on childrens' TV, and yet no one recognised him at the highly publicised trial?
The created "Richard Brook" either should have been something noticeable to people, or something flimsy enough that they'd be able to see it was fake because his supposed role wouldn't exist.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

The ONE TRUE Sherlock. :v:

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Jeremy Brett studied Sherlock Holmes in great detail and practically made it his life's work. I've been a Sherlock Holmes fan since I was a child and used to read the books avidly even as an 8/9 year old - and he personified Holmes to me.

Same; Brett to Holmes is as Suchet to Poirot, (and Hickson to Marple, for that matter).

---

Chuka Umana posted:

I still think BoJo will manage to pull through. Tory PMs have recovered from harder places

Not saying it's impossible, but it's a loving big pit of his own making to drag his loathsome carcass out of.

It just seems like it boils down to:
A) Hope the EU blocks an extension.
B) Try to chicken out/break convention/whatever the gently caress to not actually asking the EU for an extension (which raises a poo poo-tonne of legal questions)
C) If an extension is granted, hope to win a majority at a GE on a platform of "No Deal" (or whatever tosh he can feed the seething gammon masses).

Unless there's another option hidden in Cummings ad-splooged mind palace.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Bercow giving zero fucks is so, so excellent.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pesky Splinter posted:

quoting for truth

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Lol, Umunna trying to chase the S024 ambulance by claiming he's FOIA'd Cumininc Dommings.
What a wet fart. The bill has been passed already get over it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the first 2 seasons of Sherlock were OK and entertaining enough, but the more recent ones, my god

the reveal of how he fell off the roof was absolute shite and it only got worse from there

between Mary Watson being some sort of international superspy assassin and the massive secret society of women controlling the world and Sherlock's magical sister being held in an underground cell on a deserted island I'm beginning to think that Steven Moffat has some... interesting ideas about women

e: also Clive Merrison is the best Sherlock Holmes don't @ me

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Matinee posted:

Prorogation of Parliament deprives us of 5 weeks of Peak Bercow. Prorogation is thus treason.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pesky Splinter posted:

Why wasn’t he called Botson

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Bercows hatred for the Government is delicious

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Dinner time boys. Bojo is up

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

between Mary Watson being some sort of international superspy assassin and the massive secret society of women controlling the world and Sherlock's magical sister being held in an underground cell on a deserted island I'm beginning to think that Steven Moffat has some... interesting ideas about women

e: also Clive Merrison is the best Sherlock Holmes don't @ me

Did you never watch Doctor Who when he ran it because yeah, you could say that

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Here we go

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

thespaceinvader posted:

Sherlock had some excellent production values and was genuinely inventive with a lot of its camerawork and postproduction stuff (specifically, how it dealt with texts and the internet set kind of a trend that is still being developed to this day, but I don't really think has been improved on, and some of the sequences in the 'kill someone/anyone' episode were incredibly cleverly done with the set and backdrop changes) but was utter dreck from a story perspective. I'm slightly embarassed that I stuck with it as long as I did, especially given how genuinely bad season 4 was.

The text thing he nicked from Hollyoaks

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Badinage and ribaldry. I just learned two words

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Pesky Splinter posted:

:hai:

Julio Cruz posted:

Eagerly awaiting extended shots of a 17 year old's feet as her hands murder some mooks in the background.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

suck my woke dick posted:

Why has nobody pointed out Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd century yet?

bump_fn posted:

quoting for truth

:hf:

Tindalos posted:

That one always bugged me.

His assumed persona of actor was supposed to be on childrens' TV, and yet no one recognised him at the highly publicised trial?
The created "Richard Brook" either should have been something noticeable to people, or something flimsy enough that they'd be able to see it was fake because his supposed role wouldn't exist.

Oh yeah the actual narrative of it makes zero loving sense. But Andrew Scott's acting in that scene was pretty good, I felt.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm beginning to think that Steven Moffat has some... interesting ideas about women

Oh, my sweet summer child.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pesky Splinter posted:

Needs more Jeremy Brett

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Dither and delay!

I hate him so much.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
This kind of move is what cost May her majority. Do tories never learn?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

StarkingBarfish posted:

This kind of move is what cost May her majority. Do tories never learn?

If at first you don't succeed, fail, fail, fail again.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Haha Boris is ranting on and Corbyn is quietly reading notes and basically ignoring him.

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010
So a friend of mine is convinced that Jeremy Corbyn is being manipulated by the supposedly avowed stalinist Seamus Milne. Is there anything I can do to disabuse him of this?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Is there any more annoying noise than tory fake-laughing at Boris' little bon mots?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Haha Boris is ranting on and Corbyn is quietly reading notes and basically ignoring him.

He needs to stand up and be like 'I'm sorry, Mr Speaker, was he talking?'

That's what I'd do if I was Jeremy Corbyn. Then everyone would stand up and clap

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
https://twitter.com/joswinson/status/1171176415464701952?s=19

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

A Spherical Sponge posted:

So a friend of mine is convinced that Jeremy Corbyn is being manipulated by the supposedly avowed stalinist Seamus Milne. Is there anything I can do to disabuse him of this?

... what makes Seamus Whatshisname a Stalinist mastermind???

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
:lol: The collective groan at Soubry.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

This is going to be a problem, isn't it

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Matinee posted:

Pesky Splinter posted:

:lol: The collective groan at Soubry.

:agreed:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Lol bojo is trying to attack corbyn for being paid over 140000 pounds of taxpayer's money.
How many corbyns does a london bridge get you?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

6 weeks later: Lib-Con coalition cancels Brexit, sells NHS to American healthcare providers anyway.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Pesky Splinter posted:

Same; Brett to Holmes is as Suchet to Poirot, (and Hickson to Marple, for that matter).

Oh yes. Hickson as Marple is perfect. The worst ever are those Geraldine McEwan adaptations which change whodunnit, change the story, put Marple in stories she was never in, they're dreadful. The Julia McKenzie ones are slightly better. I'm a purist when it comes to the classics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Noxville posted:

Did you never watch Doctor Who when he ran it because yeah, you could say that

I have watched one Doctor Who episode ever (no, not even the old ones)

it was Let's Kill Hitler and it fully convinced me that I'd made an excellent decision in totally avoiding every other episode

(I have been told that that episode is one of the worst ones and that DW is not usually that bad, but I absolutely do not intend to find out how correct that is)