Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Bojo is a lazy, self-indulgent fucker who is used to being able to say and do what he likes without consequence and I can see him packing this game in before too long :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

gently caress this I'm going to bed

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what’s going on itp (in this parliament)

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Is that T May talking to Bercow? I hope there's some comedy manoeuvre coming

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

bump_fn posted:

:words:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

gently caress Ivan Lewis is a oval office.

bump_fn posted:

A sex pest who got kicked out of Labour (on account of being a sex pest) thunders against Labour and Remain and Corbyn.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 10, 2019

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

PittTheElder posted:

Is that T May talking to Bercow? I hope there's some comedy manoeuvre coming

It'd be very good if something completely bonkers happened because T May was the only person boring enough to read the whole Parliamentary Rules and find out a procedure nobody else knows

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

crispix posted:

Bojo is a lazy, self-indulgent fucker who is used to being able to say and do what he likes without consequence and I can see him packing this game in before too long :laugh:

I wonder if he would actually resign? Like, he's wanted this his whole life, and this is realistically the only chance he's going to get. In the battle between "being a lazy gently caress who wants everything handed on a plate", and "I'm the Prime Minister" what's gonna win?

Assuming he's not removed from office.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
Lol this guys having a tantrum about Momentum Types telling him to have a by-election

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
MMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Private Speech posted:

gently caress Ivan Lewis is a oval office.

A sex pest who got kicked out of Labour (on account of being a sex pest) thunders against Labour and Remain and Corbyn.

That was disgusting.

quote:

On 23 November 2017, the Labour Party announced it was suspending Lewis from the party as a neutral act following allegations of sexual harassment

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
“We need to sort Brexit because right wing populism is on the rise and also the left are nazis” as an unironic speech in parliament for fucks sake.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Bercow: I've never met a situation where the milk man can't be heard.

EDIT: Milwk?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

IT. IS TIME FOR. *waves hands* LIBERAL DEMOCRATS AND. CENTRISTS. TO COME TOGETHER. AS MIWK

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
DIVISSIOOOOOOOONN

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh my god all the ex-Labour melts are using this whole thing as a chance to be red, mad and nude that some leftists were mean to them on the internet

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
If you slap your right elbow with a marmite-covered parsnip three times when on a full moon, then do a lap around the Mace and touch it, you can pass any law you like, but this can only be done once every 11 years

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
ITS TIME!

DIVISIIIIOOOOONNNNN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8-67-zGZUE

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

Matinee posted:

Staying up for

DIVISIIIIIIIIIIOOON

You can go to bed now. With a little luck the U.K. will still be here in the morning when you wake up.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

HopperUK posted:

It'd be very good if something completely bonkers happened because T May was the only person boring enough to read the whole Parliamentary Rules and find out a procedure nobody else knows
It'd be much naughtier than running through the fields of wheat hey-yo!

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
DIVISIIIIIOOOOOON

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1171198316769660928?s=21

lol

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Oh my god all the ex-Labour melts are using this whole thing as a chance to be red, mad and nude that some leftists were mean to them on the internet

It’s all they have left and I cannot wait for them to lose their seats and gently caress off forever

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

baka kaba posted:

It's not even that, the sheer hypocrisy and audacity of what the government are doing should be getting a bigger response. It almost makes it seem acceptable with this little pushback, they should be embarrassed to even suggest an election at this point

Yeah I was being a bit facetious.

I think parliament may indeed be supine basics

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Finally, they've stopped blustering for for ten minutes or so. Will this be Bercows last DIVISSSSSSSSION?

(No, it won't, The Pfeffel will fail).

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just listened to 2nd podcast (over the course of the evening). Another great job guys!
Looking forward to number 3 though I'll be away and not sure what internet I''ll have.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1171201932347793409?s=21

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

It’s all they have left and I cannot wait for them to lose their seats and gently caress off forever

B-b-but constituencies vote for the candidate. They'll be re-elected 110%* :downs:

*This is what CUKTIG actually believed

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
bwexit

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Lots of people on the right hand side of the chamber just... sitting there? :ohdear:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

A Spherical Sponge posted:

So a friend of mine is convinced that Jeremy Corbyn is being manipulated by the supposedly avowed stalinist Seamus Milne. Is there anything I can do to disabuse him of this?

I'm pretty sure your friend has brainworms. Sorry for your loss.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Lots of people on the right hand side of the chamber just... sitting there? :ohdear:

They are abstaining I believe. The vote needs a two thirds majority, so if Labour abstains it's hosed

e: that is, the snap election is defeated

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

It'd be much naughtier than running through the fields of wheat hey-yo!

quote:

By now we are eating the pudding, a small, sickly sweet brown ball. I throw him the question that has made other politicians stumble: “What’s the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done?”

My mind flickers back to McDonnell’s study, where there is still a tribute to IRA terrorists. He looks me in the eye: “I’m not going to admit to it because I could still be arrested.”

There’s a pause. “I presume you’re joking?” I reply uncertainly.

He leans forward and produces a stony death stare, before relaxing his face: “Of course I am.”

Still think that's one of the best things to come out of this week. Finally we've found the one honest politician. I guess every politician has workshopped their answer to this after the May o' Wheat, but drat.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Pesky Splinter posted:

B-b-but constituencies vote for the candidate. They'll be re-elected 110%* :downs:

*This is what CUKTIG actually believed

mfw when my constituents vote for the party

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

To be fair 143 votes is 148 votes more than Bloody Stupid Johnson has won, and he is still PM.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

There really is a dril tweet for every occasion.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

mfw when my constituents vote for the party

That is some Shadow over Innsmouth poo poo right there

I know MP for Innsmouth is Gove, but are we sure Father Dagon and Mother Hydra haven't decided to set up shop in Uxbridge? A little pied-à-souterre.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 10, 2019

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Aye 293
No 46

But the majority isn’t there.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/parlyapp/status/1171204620166803456?s=21

Big laughs from someone in the chamber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006