Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Lmfao he lost votes since the last one. Boris cannot stop loving up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
So that's six nil to the jam man.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Bojo is basically doing word salad there?

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Does this mean this tweet is already out of date?

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1171131465746268162

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
:lol: Get hosed again Boris

Double :lol: SNP rubbing it in.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

jaete posted:

Does this mean this tweet is already out of date?

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1171131465746268162

https://youtu.be/mi_i5Cg_FlY

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

The vote last week was 298 to 56 lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
It's late and I'm being Mrs Dim. Did the motion fail because it needed 433 votes to pass under FTPA?
I'm guessing it was better to abstain than vote no so it couldn't be flung in their faces by the Boris Broadcasting Corporation?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

The greatest 7 days. Boris just got utterly loving shat on over and over.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
so now what

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

I'm pretty sure your friend has brainworms. Sorry for your loss.

I was worried this might be the case. thank you for your condolences

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Yes FTPA requires a 2/3 aye vote to dissolve parliament and Boris is 0 for 7 in divisions

E: now comes proroguement unless there are some kind of Erskine may funnies going on

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1171205489272729600

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

bump_fn posted:

so now what

Unregulated campaign season until mid-October. Its gonna get ugly

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
Anyone else catch this?

https://twitter.com/gordopolitz/status/1171207870563717120?s=21

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

bump_fn posted:

so now what

Now Boris has to beg the EU for an extension or seriously break the law if he refuses or resign

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

bump_fn posted:

so now what

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's late and I'm being Mrs Dim. Did the motion fail because it needed 433 votes to pass under FTPA?
I'm guessing it was better to abstain than vote no so it couldn't be flung in their faces by the Boris Broadcasting Corporation?

Correct on both.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Tarnop posted:

So this means that Boris is left with a doomed hard Brexit general election after October 31st that almost certainly sees the Tories collapse utterly right?

Delicious :getin:

If only our country's legislature would grow a spine and humiliate our insanely stupid and insane leader with bad hair on a near daily basis. He just does it himself, but most of our Represenatives just ignore it to capture the all important nonexistent "independent" vote

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Tarnop posted:

Took a break from politics, but this week dragged me back in - constantly mashing refresh on various newssites waiting for the next humiliation to be piled on.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
I love how he just called a bunch of tories drunks who can't hold their drink

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Deep, deep, deep lols.

Also pages back but yeah Elementary is a very good Sherlock. RDJ movies are fun too. Sherlock itself is rank Moffat spaff. As Hbomber says you kind of gently caress over a mystery programme if your attitude is "We're not going to tell you how [Character] did [thing] and you're an idiot and a twat for even wanting to know".

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This guy is great. ‘The non-sober members should whisht’

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
So, the plan here is for the SNP to keep parliment open for the next five weeks by continuously raising points of order?

Yeah time for sleep.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I mean, I am kind of worried. Considering how bad he's hosed if he actually goes and asks for that extension, it seems likely he's just gonna go 'lol, no'. Are you absolutely sure Parlement would then specially convene to be 'okay, gently caress it, off to prison you go'?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bercow looks exhausted and from his comments, desperately wants to go to bed.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ms Adequate posted:

Deep, deep, deep lols.

Also pages back but yeah Elementary is a very good Sherlock. RDJ movies are fun too. Sherlock itself is rank Moffat spaff. As Hbomber says you kind of gently caress over a mystery programme if your attitude is "We're not going to tell you how [Character] did [thing] and you're an idiot and a twat for even wanting to know".

Elementary is a legitimately good show with a great cast and a fantastic take on the Holmes Watson relationship, and them actually explaining how the murder or theft was done is legitimately awesome

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Shogeton posted:

I mean, I am kind of worried. Considering how bad he's hosed if he actually goes and asks for that extension, it seems likely he's just gonna go 'lol, no'. Are you absolutely sure Parlement would then specially convene to be 'okay, gently caress it, off to prison you go'?

We are, frankly, in rather scary territory here. It's not up to Parliament to arrest Boris - they've already passed the law. It's now on the British Police, so far as I understand, to detain the PM if he decides to ignore the law.

If the police side with Boris and refuse to uphold a law Parliament passed, we are in genuine chaos territory wherein Scotland almost certainly secedes immediately, a rebellion of some sort breaks out in NI and even Wales begins to look shaky.

It's utterly hilarious to see Boris march to endless defeat, but the next few weeks are going to be extraordinarily tense. Please make sure to take care of yourselves, Goons!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Just landed back in the UK from Czechia where my brother's speech contained a cracking Brexit joke - "I'd like to thank the government for loving up Brexit and allowing us all to be here today" - and a bit about my dad where almost everyone in my family started to cry. Anyway, I'm now drinking lovely British lager and catching up on everything that's happened since I've been away as I've had no signal, and as best as I can ascertain, it can be determined as "STILL hosed LADS"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

Elementary is a legitimately good show with a great cast and a fantastic take on the Holmes Watson relationship, and them actually explaining how the murder or theft was done is legitimately awesome

It was better at the start imo.
In the later seasons, the murderer is usually the one that was first helpful to them while they are bollocking the prime suspect at that moment.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

TulliusCicero posted:

Made a post about this in the last thread in fact!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895158&pagenumber=32&perpage=40#post497246597

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Could Sadiq Khan order the Met to arrest Boris?

Or Sturgeon order police scotland to get the train down and take him in.

Not sure which of these would enrage the brexiteers more.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

https://twitter.com/jonfeatonby/status/1171213552323112960

who's mr tux

e- Black Rod has a crap job huh

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

What happened there? Fight breaking out near the speaker? Someone making a run for the mace?

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...
Bercow's going ham

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

GO BERCOW

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

lol he's telling people to get the gently caress out now

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
It's kicking off lads! Bercow making a stand but ultimately going along with it under duress

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Zero fucks given now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Imagine going to bed and missing this (I feel terrible, let me go to bed)