Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Caidin posted:

I'm rather slow and just assumed Gotrek( and Felix) was the FLC lord, but apparently we also get another giant lizard man whose defining feature is being hard to kill? Thats nice, I guess.

His defining feature is more being a Lizardmen horde I would think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Caidin posted:

I'm rather slow and just assumed Gotrek( and Felix) was the FLC lord, but apparently we also get another giant lizard man whose defining feature is being hard to kill? Thats nice, I guess.

The only reason to chose him is that you get to start with Lord Kroak.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

buddhist nudist posted:

For people living on the borderlands in Warhammer and Real History, raids and border conflicts were a fact of life. The idea of peace being a complete lack of armed conflict is a relatively modern concept. I'd much rather have levels of conflict between "peace" and "war of extermination" rather than more opportunities to start a war.

the only thing you can do to stop a raiding party is war. it would be different if you could kill or drive off raiders without starting a war which comes with diplo baggage.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Azran posted:

- WH3 reveal halfway through 2020, 2021 release date

I'm a bit more optimistic, I think they reveal it in roughly the same time frame they did Warhammer 2. Reveal around February/March with a release in September/October 2020. Keep in mind they released Isabella/Bretonnia less than a month before they announced Warhammer 2, so in that time frame we could definitely see DLC/patch in December and DLC/Greenskin rework in February/March.

It's also likely that I will be wrong but by next September it will have been, horrifyingly, 3 years since Warhammer 2 was released.

Also CA loves September, February and May as release months for their tentpole games.

99pct of germs fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 9, 2019

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

His defining feature is more being a Lizardmen horde I would think

I thought Nakai was the horde dude and Gor-Rok is taking over the Itza? Because Lustria didn't have quite enough LL's nose to nose to snout with each other.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

uber_stoat posted:

the only thing you can do to stop a raiding party is war. it would be different if you could kill or drive off raiders without starting a war which comes with diplo baggage.

Yeah it shouldn't be "treacherous" to attack a stack that's raiding your land but has trade/NAP. The raiders are the ones being treacherous.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How about a faction declaring war on your Waaagh stack or your Bray Herd, inevitably dragging you into conflict with someone you're allied or NAP'd with, and thereby ranking your reliability status?

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Gonkish posted:

Thanquol will definitely show up at some point. Gotrek and Felix are in, for gently caress's sake, it's pretty much a guarantee that Thanquol will pop up. In before he summons a Bloodthirster accidentally.

When Thanquol is defeated and inevitably reappears, he needs to have a new rat ogre with the same name. Models must be unique. Don’t cheap out on us CA.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Sasgrillo posted:

I'm a bit more optimistic, I think they reveal it in roughly the same time frame they did Warhammer 2. Reveal around February/March with a release in September/October 2020. Keep in mind they released Isabella/Bretonnia less than a month before they announced Warhammer 2, so in that time frame we could definitely see DLC/patch in December and DLC/Greenskin rework in February/March.

It's also likely that I will be wrong but by next September it will have been, horrifyingly, 3 years since Warhammer 2 was released.

Also CA loves September, February and May as release months for their tentpole games.

Also Norsca worked really well as far as pre order bonuses go, I'd imagine they'll do something similar leading into WH3.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Jon from ManyATrueNerd has a DLC preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNGpKCBifc8

i'm still at page 75 of this thread, but I'm really looking forward to re-playing both Empire and lizardman campaigns

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Raiding is kinda harmless really, both in terms of the damage it does and the benefit it delivers to the raider. I think if they were to make raiding so momentous it would need to be much more drastic in its effect. IMO, it's quite acceptable right now - getting raided is just the price of making a deal with an rear end in a top hat. Maybe they can add a GET OUT OF MY LAND treaty that would make trespassing a treacherous act of war?

Fangz fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 9, 2019

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hunt11 posted:

The only reason to chose him is that you get to start with Lord Kroak.
That really does elevate Gor-rok in my eyes though. In my Tenenhuain campaign I didn't get Kroak until fairly late and didn't get him to a high level. He was still basically a floating frog WMD even at low levels so I can only imagine how crazy he'd get later.

I'm definitely going with Nakai first, but I'll give Gor-rok a shot at some point. If only for maximum Kroak.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Mordja posted:

To be fair, I'd call him a mid-sized lizard man whose defining feature is being hard to kill.

A mid-sized lizard who's defining feature is big. They're all durable.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Junkenstein posted:

Also Norsca worked really well as far as pre order bonuses go, I'd imagine they'll do something similar leading into WH3.

So you just forgot about all the smoothbrains literally in this thread who thought they were entitled to Norsca in Vortex on launch?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

buddhist nudist posted:

So you just forgot about all the smoothbrains literally in this thread who thought they were entitled to Norsca in Vortex on launch?

I'd like to think that the Norsca disaster taught CA some extremely valuable lessons about version control, given how much the massive cock-up probably cost them in terms of man-hours and potential lost revenue from having to devote resources to fixing their mess pro bono rather than pushing more DLC development.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm an entitled smoothbrain for expressing irritation at CA for making a giant mistake that they teach you how to avoid in Project Management 101, it's me!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
What I thought was oddest about Norsca was that it was the pre-order bonus for game 2 but isn't playable without owning game 1. I'm sure a non-zero amount of people who didn't own game 1 pre-ordered. Also I want a Norsca faction to play in Vortex. Maybe Valkia up in the central north, unlike ME Norsca you'd have a tiny and easily-defensible homeland and be free to raid whoever.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Safety Factor posted:

That really does elevate Gor-rok in my eyes though. In my Tenenhuain campaign I didn't get Kroak until fairly late and didn't get him to a high level. He was still basically a floating frog WMD even at low levels so I can only imagine how crazy he'd get later.

I'm definitely going with Nakai first, but I'll give Gor-rok a shot at some point. If only for maximum Kroak.

It sucks they nerfed him into the loving ground. Like I don't think they've hit anything that hard in a single patch since they cut Morghur's summons in half

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

new phone who dis posted:

You still need Malus Darkblade, the guy with the demon inside him. Transforming into a demon would be cool and he has a whole inbuilt series of quests he goes on in his books that could be incorporated into the campaign system.

I was just reading an interesting take on this. Someone on reddit suggested a Dark Elves vs. Bretonnia pack. That could work... although Bretonnia's roster is already beyond their TT roster.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Zore posted:

It sucks they nerfed him into the loving ground. Like I don't think they've hit anything that hard in a single patch since they cut Morghur's summons in half

Do you mean the MP cost increase? ‘Cause the changes to Deliverance don’t seem to matter at all in campaign.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Gonkish posted:

I was just reading an interesting take on this. Someone on reddit suggested a Dark Elves vs. Bretonnia pack. That could work... although Bretonnia's roster is already beyond their TT roster.

They should get weird with it and make a Grail Reliquae LL. All the lines come with the peasants toting it about and they argue with the advisor.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Gonkish posted:

It wouldn't kill them to juice Brettonia's roster a bit, it definitely feels a bit threadbare compared to some of the other factions.

Caidin posted:

They should get weird with it and make a Grail Reliquae LL. All the lines come with the peasants toting it about and they argue with the advisor.

There is even a story character Grail Reliquae, Sir Dagobert from Sir Dagobert's Last Battle, which would be amazing.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

I feel that the DElves would probably get a rework for Warhammer 3 to go along with the Daemons of Chaos, since they're in a pretty good spot now, mechanically speaking. A Dark Elf vs Daemons would be the perfect place to bring in Malus Darkblade and put him against Valkia the Bloody.

Replace Valkia with his literal Daemon Nemesis, the Slaanesh daemon Tz'arkan, and that is basically where i stand on the issue as well.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Resting Lich Face posted:

Of course you don't encounter Skaven because they don't exist.

You didn’t see warpstone on the ground, BECAUSE IT’S NOT THERE

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

I dont know posted:

There is even a story character Grail Reliquae, Sir Dagobert from Sir Dagobert's Last Battle, which would be amazing.

I decided to check that out since you mentioned it and I think the knights of Bretonnia are in legimite danger from their fanbase.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Arcsquad12 posted:

I feel that the DElves would probably get a rework for Warhammer 3 to go along with the Daemons of Chaos, since they're in a pretty good spot now, mechanically speaking. A Dark Elf vs Daemons would be the perfect place to bring in Malus Darkblade and put him against Valkia the Bloody.

If the Norscans get a rework it would probably be Krom the Conquerer fighting chaos Dwarfs in the Darklands, or battling Ogre Kingdoms.

I do like Nakai starting in Albion on Mortal Empires. It's such a poo poo hole province and it amuses me that Great Britain is just as miserable in The Old World as it is in reality.
If the Norscans get a re-work it better be making Skaeggi playable!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

What I thought was oddest about Norsca was that it was the pre-order bonus for game 2 but isn't playable without owning game 1. I'm sure a non-zero amount of people who didn't own game 1 pre-ordered. Also I want a Norsca faction to play in Vortex. Maybe Valkia up in the central north, unlike ME Norsca you'd have a tiny and easily-defensible homeland and be free to raid whoever.
Give me Skaeggi or give me death.

I have no idea why I feel so strongly about this. Maybe because I want to play as Norsca and have something different to fight?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Norsca double lord DLC with Skaeggi in the jungle and Surtha Ek the Chariot Lord would be pretty neat.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Making Skaeggi another Legendary Lord start would be one of the few ways to make Lustria into even more of a thunder dome then it already is.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

And heeere come the Mung!!!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
so what is the event for the new empire lord when the old empire gets destroyed

where do his units come from

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Cleverly disguised skaven

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
It actually takes about a hundred years for units to get across the sea, so it'll take that long for the shipments to stop

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Caidin posted:

Have it be the one from the event where it turns out it's actually a tomb king some peasants kidnapped.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Have it be a different tomb king who is actually ok with it and is now just leading a brettonian army around.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Just a grail reliquary where the corpse is animating itself but the "peasants" carrying it are crude puppets.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hunt11 posted:

Making Skaeggi another Legendary Lord start would be one of the few ways to make Lustria into even more of a thunder dome then it already is.
Blood for the blood god!

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
So my adventures with the Empire in Mortal Empires continue:

- Wiped Vampire Counts off the map, the lingering corruption is annoying as gently caress and I hate that this mechanic takes forever even with multiple heros with cleanse and Untainted buildings

- Dwarves are my closest ally and fully united, they are loving everything up south of the mountains

- I left a few empire allies alone to screen enemies for me but a few of them are confederation options now

- Skaven from the northeast near Kislev are starting to creep in

I'm at turn like 80 or something like that. I just got a big scary thing about a Chaos Invasion from the north. Are they going to come through the Nosca territory or something like that? Should I be heading up north to shore up my allies there and deal with the Skaven poo poo near Kislev? What am I looking at here in terms of challenge? I've got like 4-5 full stacks of varying strength, my main army is tanks + LL + 2 captains and a shitload of gunners/artillery. This mechanic seems annoying, I just have ever present chaos corruption until I kill them I guess but I can't even see them on the map or have any idea where they are going to pop up. My economy is pretty good, like 11k per turn so I'm thinking maybe I should just murder the Skaven on this continent before they become annoying but I don't want to be fighting on 2 fronts if Chaos shows up.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

From today’s AMA:

Probably just BSing of course but could be fun speculation material.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Nobody puts Makekith in the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Neat post on the Total War blog highlighting a new feature of dynamic start positions.
For example, if you play as Gor-Rok, Nakai's start pos will be moved further away to free up space.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/you-have-to-start-somewhere-all-about-dynamic-start-positions/