Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Valerie Plame is an ex-CIA agent outed by George W. Bush and now running for congress.

Why the gently caress does her campaign commercial have to be a mix of a Ford F150 advert and Michael Bay wank?

I mean, I think I know why.... its because Americans are mostly morons, right?

edit: oh poo poo someone do that cat thing for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

You know somethin', Utivich? I think this just might be my masterpiece.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1171221533676724224

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/1171222662259105795

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I knew it as soon as he weirdly made sure to say he 'didn't own' the airport

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1171227351818092544?s=20

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

twice burned ice posted:

The suffix ـستان (-stān) is a Persian word meaning the place of

Well color me informed. I had no idea.

Yup

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

sexpig by night posted:

I knew it as soon as he weirdly made sure to say he 'didn't own' the airport

https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/1171222662259105795?s=20
https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/1171227903314616321?s=20

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

:allbuttons:

Why would you post this

What the gently caress is wrong with that dude

No wonder they all support Donald "my Daughter is hot" Trump

There's of course much more, and it's always worse. I could've poked around more, but not going to. Might be "libertarian" but it's more likely "fundamentalist" and "biblical" marriage. Maybe hoping to hitch their wagon in a weird way to Obergefell? Someone else do the leg work, it's all unpleasant.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Simiain posted:

edit: oh poo poo someone do that cat thing for me.

https://i.imgur.com/3XTKcS3.mp4

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

That's crazy. What did he present them that allowed them to make their assessment? Is it his say so, did he photograph any proof? This sounds huge but I'm skeptical anything will come of it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Strange Poon posted:

That's crazy. What did he present them that allowed them to make their assessment? Is it his say so, did he photograph any proof? This sounds huge but I'm skeptical anything will come of it.

I think the bigger part is that we basically had a spy inside of the Russian WH equivalent and we had to pull him out because we were afraid that Trump would burn him.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Ahh, so it's more of a "but I think child labor should be legal as freedom of contract" thing?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

V. Good Cat, would give healthy treats to.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1171232685232017408

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Follow-up on the Baltimore situation: officials are saying it was a lot less gas, it wasn’t really a threat, it was just somebody stealing a lot of diesel gas.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryla...foutputType=amp

Edit: a lot less like 80 gallons instead of 1000 like officials originally claimed. Police claim the van had machinery in it specifically for stealing diesel gas.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 10, 2019

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Belichick, bulbs, battlestar galactica

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

quote:

In September 2017, Plame again received widespread news coverage, after it emerged she was retweeting antisemitic articles which concluded that American Jews... should be given a special label when appearing on television "like a warning label on a bottle of rat poison".[1] She first defended the content of the articles,[2] and then apologized for re-tweeting them

This lady is a....Democrat?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Trump Is Not Well
6:00 AM ET
Peter Wehner
Contributing editor at The Atlantic and senior fellow at EPPC

"I wasn’t shy about making the same case publicly. During a July 14, 2016, appearance on C-SPAN’s Washington Journal, for example, I responded to a pro-Trump caller who was upset that I opposed Trump despite my having been a Republican for my entire adult life and having served in the Reagan and George H. W. Bush administrations and the George W. Bush White House."
“He’s deteriorating in plain sight,” one Republican strategist who is in frequent contact with the White House told Business Insider on Friday. Asked why the president was obsessed with Alabama instead of the states that would actually be affected by the storm, the strategist said, “You should ask a psychiatrist about that; I’m not sure I’m qualified to comment.”

Another Possible Toll Of Donald Trump’s Trade War: Farmer Suicides
"Rural suicides in the U.S. have climbed significantly in recent years, and farm leaders and mental health care providers say the financial toll of President Donald Trump’s trade war could contribute to the tragedy.

An official of the National Farmers Union warned earlier this year that financial stress, including the added burden of disappearing markets in the trade war, appear to be taking a toll on farmers’ mental health."

On climate change, younger Republicans now sound like Democrats
"Our overheating planet is splitting the Grand Old Party. Recent surveys suggest that Generation Z and Millennial Republicans care about the climate much more than their elders — and, get this, maybe as much as younger Democrats do."

A historically black college is offering displaced University of Bahamas students a free semester
"Hampton University announced Thursday it would be partnering with the University of the Bahamas to allow students who have been displaced by the storm to spend the fall semester on its campus in Hampton, Virginia, tuition-free."

"September 5, 2019"

This was sweet, but, oops, too late. The orange fecal poo poo smear isn't letting anyone darker than the full-on white-hot sun into his glorious country.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Causing your voting base to literally kill themselves to own the libs.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

skeleton warrior posted:

Follow-up on the Baltimore situation: officials are saying it was a lot less gas, it wasn’t really a threat, it was just somebody stealing a lot of diesel gas.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryla...foutputType=amp

Edit: a lot less like 80 gallons instead of 1000 like officials originally claimed. Police claim the van had machinery in it specifically for stealing diesel gas.

Thanks for this update.

Edit: Gut feeling for the initial report:

Otteration fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 10, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

It's uh...not the lights making him look bad

:nws:

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 10, 2019

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Near god nsfw that poo poo

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

The Glumslinger posted:

I think the bigger part is that we basically had a spy inside of the Russian WH equivalent and we had to pull him out because we were afraid that Trump would burn him.

Well, why would he burn them? Is it because he's a baby idiot or he has something to gain by burning him? It seems like extracting someone like that has a reason to worry about both, it's just merely a race to which button Trump will ultimately hit first.

I'm saying I don't disagree with this but I sort of see it as being more-or-less the same thing.

thin blue whine fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 10, 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Our beautiful boy

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

It probably had to do with that time Trump just casually gave out classified information to the visiting Russian officials

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

cr0y posted:

Near god nsfw that poo poo

He's always had the Baron Vladimir Harkonnen thing going on.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Strange Poon posted:

Well, why would he burn them? Is it because he's a baby idiot or he has something to gain by burning him? It seems like extracting someone like that has a reason to worry about both, it's just merely a race to which button Trump will ultimately hit first.

I'm saying I don't disagree with this but I sort of see it as being more-or-less the same thing.

Was this before or after he bragged to Putin about that super cool top secret Israeli intelligence that someone had just told him?

E: gently caress

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BrandorKP posted:

He's always had the Baron Vladimir Harkonnen thing going on.

Please, the Baron was at least capable and intelligent

Trump is more like Raban.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 10, 2019

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That old adage rings true. "I'm not a ___ , but" = "I am a ___ , and".

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Otteration posted:

A historically black college is offering displaced University of Bahamas students a free semester
"Hampton University announced Thursday it would be partnering with the University of the Bahamas to allow students who have been displaced by the storm to spend the fall semester on its campus in Hampton, Virginia, tuition-free."

gently caress yeah, Hampton University owns. It had its origins in classes taught to refugees-- enslaved people fleeing Confederate controlled territory for freedom as "contraband" at Union-controlled Fort Monroe.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Quorum posted:

gently caress yeah, Hampton University owns. It had its origins in classes taught to refugees-- enslaved people fleeing Confederate controlled territory for freedom as "contraband" at Union-controlled Fort Monroe.

Yep, hope they can manage to get some Bahamas students (or any Bahaman, actually) up there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_University

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Pretty sure that the NOAA is responsible for the forecasts that air traffic control rely on. Probably unwise to put a bunch of yes men in charge there.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1171146598124048384

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This is loving crazy.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Are you loving kidding me. If the dems dont literally run on a "this idiot is an existential threat to our country" I am never voting again. If you cant craft a message that hammers home the shear danger of this jackass than i dont know what the gently caress.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cr0y posted:

Are you loving kidding me. If the dems dont literally run on a "this idiot is an existential threat to our country" I am never voting again. If you cant craft a message that hammers home the shear danger of this jackass than i dont know what the gently caress.

They won't prosecute people keeping children in cages nor impeach the president who ordered it. The election is going to make you very mad because it won't be fought over any of this. The "W" that's all that matters, Dems have to win it all next year.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

cr0y posted:

This is for all intents and purposes treason.

E: ignore my stupid self quote i am loving livid

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

cr0y posted:

that's what hillary clinton did

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

goethe.cx posted:

that's what hillary clinton did

For all of the dumb things she did during the campaign, she constantly called out Trump for being an unserious moron who was in deep with the Russians. The media just didn't give a poo poo and thought Her Emails was a bigger story

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Strange Poon posted:

It says he could photograph presidential documents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Charlz Guybon posted:

It says he could photograph presidential documents.

I cant believe I am rooting for the IC but lets go deep state. Save us.

Jesus.