Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Magpies are some of the sweetest birds on the planet and are super easy to make friends with. Frankly Amber and those Hillsong cunts had it coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

yeah I eat rear end posted:

this kind of "post what your regional thing is" meme is even worse than the moon moon ones

I got Piggly Wiggly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maggies are cool most of the time. I feed one out the back occasionally.

They are fuckwits during mating season tho.

Have some more Australiana

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/toothybj/status/1170019320753266689

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Roll Tide!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

for some reason I thought that said "rude" the first couple of times I saw it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Think you're looking for the Cursed Thread

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Dannywilson posted:

It's an oxidization skin on one of the non-glowing molten metals (lead probably) being skimmed off.

it's a solder bath, so lead's pretty close.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

dialhforhero posted:

Lol Kroger is just, Kroger and definitely a midwest thing since it is HQd in Cincinnati after all. How it is listed as the main chain on the mid-east- coast instead of Lidl or Harris Teeter or Food Lion is beyond me.

I want to say Krogers is the largest grocery chain in the country (with the exception of walmart). They also own Food Lion and a bunch of other store brands.

Publix is my favorite grocery store though... just waiting for them to keep meandering northward...

Apprentice Dick posted:

As a native born Ohioan it is a dumpster fire of a place. If someone dropped a nuke and wiped Ohio off the map nothing of value would be lost.

I mean, I get the sentiment if you live in a rural area? The big cities are pretty great though, and the local breweries are top notch. Lotsa great food, and it’s close to all my favorite spots for hiking and backpacking. The more I travel the more I appreciate Ohio for the quality of life and how affordable it is to live someplace nice

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

OSU_Matthew posted:

I mean, I get the sentiment if you live in a rural area? The big cities are pretty great though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

thatbastardken posted:

it's a solder bath, so lead's pretty close.

I've never seen a solder bath that big before, the biggest I've seen was maybe 4" on a side, but it makes sense.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Hello, friend. I will bring you the cursed videos today. Behold the vegetables and despair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtBjdIO4AnI

I made it all the way to the grapes song, but then I had to call it quits

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ego Trip posted:

It's Loss

Actually its dross

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIr-sCkCnRQ

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

When I was a kid I had a pet magpie that we'd saved from the cat as a chick. It was the best pet for a kid because she lived in the trees outside and looked after herself but she'd come and sit on my arm when I called and would come greet me when I got home from school and poo poo. She used to swoop the cats occasionally but that only seemed fair tbh

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Tired: We live in a society

Wired:
https://twitter.com/NoContextBoomer/status/1171128087989424129?s=19

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Show the battery status, coward!

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

bike tory posted:

When I was a kid I had a pet magpie that we'd saved from the cat as a chick. It was the best pet for a kid because she lived in the trees outside and looked after herself but she'd come and sit on my arm when I called and would come greet me when I got home from school and poo poo. She used to swoop the cats occasionally but that only seemed fair tbh

My grand-dad found a magpie with a broken wing and after getting it patched up by a vet he kept it as a pet until it could fly again. He named it Izzy.

He taught it to 'talk' to the point where it knew the names of his family. My grand-dad really liked watching snooker on TV and so did Izzy, I guess because it's a mostly static image with brightly coloured balls moving around. If you changed the channel while she was watching, she'd chatter loudly and hop over to the remote control and start pecking buttons until the snooker came back.

This wasn't a trick she was taught. She figured out the relationship between the remote and making the snooker appear entirely through observation.

Aussie magpies seem to be right bastards compared to European ones though when it comes to divebombing.

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC0O0048pPw

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One time I jumped out onto a 3'' mesquite thorn and I was

for like a week

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ICE CRAEM MACHINE BROKE

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

:hmmyes:

FishMist
Apr 24, 2005

*sniff sniff*

Please, tell me now. Is there something I should know?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

This should just be a graphic of every flag on Earth throughout history

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

FishMist posted:

Please, tell me now. Is there something I should know?

I think it depends on how hungry you are.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

white_nationalist_4chan_posters_deflecting.tiff

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think it depends on how hungry you are.

I can be a bit of a wild boy when I haven't eaten.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

For once this isn't clickbait. It's just digital effects and editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgLqxSPIhR0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002