Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

It's sad that red scare makes more than street fight tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Wolfsheim posted:

Yeah, that sucks.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
At least 10k is, like, 40k in Ohio dollars.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Who the hell are all these people paying the Bruenigs? Or does that include the think tank patreon.

E: pay street fight, get trillbillies on the list

E2 lmao the replies. Broes mad

https://twitter.com/mycheesemonster/status/1171261194692247552?s=19

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 10, 2019

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

lol Episode 1. Every candidate in the debate for Homie County Recorder of Deeds was an ardent leftist.

From that list it seems like the defining trait of leftist media is "knowing Felix Biederman"

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Pod Save America isn't on the list (because it's not left)

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mullen makes half a mil, and that's not counting his DSA dividends.

Stickfigure fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 10, 2019

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

All of the replies kick rear end.

https://twitter.com/agentanimal/status/1171187143844216834?s=21

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

compare that to chapo's "doing a podcast isn't politics" and I think I've made the right choice about who to listen to

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Giving to the People’s Policy Project is good if you want to create documents that the centrist media is forced to contend with and discuss. The right funds plenty of think tanks, and these shape the landscape of viable discussion for the media that most people read, so it would be a good idea to fund our own.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
what he did with the m4a study was amazing. made Glenn Kessler look like an rear end and it made it into sanders campaign propaganda

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Matts a good example of how a debate autist can actually do good by knowing how the media and thank tanks work and manipulating that system

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wolfsheim posted:

twas my reaction as well.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

slicing up eyeballs posted:

E: pay street fight, get trillbillies on the list

Trillbillies make ~7k/month, I guess whoever made that original tweet forgot about them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao red scare makes three times what struggle session does. what a wonderful world.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I confess, I was taken a bit aback on the latest episode when you could hear Amber's exasperation when her guest told her about the 5 year olds openly discussing wanting to kill themselves.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

lmao red scare makes three times what struggle session does. what a wonderful world.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

contrarianism is more profitable when thirst gets involved i reckon

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao this reminds me of when people said chapo writing a book was a grift

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1171420569616748545

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Making money ever for any reason or from any source is always a grift no matter what

-some idiot on twitter probably

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Politics are back baby

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I read Comey as Corden and thought “sure”

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Kunster posted:

I confess, I was taken a bit aback on the latest episode when you could hear Amber's exasperation when her guest told her about the 5 year olds openly discussing wanting to kill themselves.

I'm struggling to understand what you're saying here. I don't remember her reaction, but that seems like a pretty upsetting fact?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lol at paying for red scare. Y'all are some thirsty goons

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Kunster posted:

Is this that thing where people reach for any semblance of a reason to cancel Amber?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

I see grift is no longer a word with meaning.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Nothus posted:

Lol at paying for red scare. Y'all are some thirsty goons

cocaine fund money laundering

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Grifting is when people I dislike make money

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Uranium posted:

Giving to the People’s Policy Project is good if you want to create documents that [b]the centrist media is forced to contend with [b]and discuss. The right funds plenty of think tanks, and these shape the landscape of viable discussion for the media that most people read, so it would be a good idea to fund our own.

Lol

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Chapo pays their guests now though right? That seems more reasonable to expect than "movement building," which I don't think they'll ever claim to do

vvv yeah that's what I was thinking of. for better or worse they actively avoid it outside of promoting already-huge events or specific candidates.

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 10, 2019

Serf
May 5, 2011

slicing up eyeballs posted:

Chapo pays their guests now though right? That seems more reasonable to expect than "movement building," which I don't think they'll ever claim to do

they have always said that the podcast is not "doing politics"

these folks would know that if they actually listened to anything on that list (which includes cum town, red scare and episode 1 for some reason)

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Imagine being the person that listens to Cum Town for the first time because you heard it was one of the top leftist podcasts

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AnEdgelord posted:

Imagine being the person that listens to Cum Town for the first time because you heard it was one of the top leftist podcasts

imagining most of the online DSA crowd listening to 'what if a retard was a PUA' is good, to me.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

big boi posted:

I'm struggling to understand what you're saying here. I don't remember her reaction, but that seems like a pretty upsetting fact?

You could hear an inhale or something like that -- it sounded like she was a bit distressed about the news.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Chapo is entertainment. I don't juxtapose the money I give to Chapo with the Black Panthers any more than I juxtapose the money I spend on movie tickets with the Black Panthers.

Wolfsheim posted:

Yeah, that blows.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who the hell is converting to Catholicism at this point
Sheltered children who go to college and immediately fall apart without somebody telling them what to do every single second of their miserable little squeaky-clean lives.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
anyone who converts to catholicism as an adult should be put into a mental institution. who the gently caress looks at the other christian religions and thinks "no thanks, I want a bunch of weird robes and rituals, also a portion of my church donations should go to fund an international pedophile ring"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

little munchkin posted:

anyone who converts to catholicism as an adult should be put into a mental institution. who the gently caress looks at the other christian religions and thinks "no thanks, I want a bunch of weird robes and rituals, also a portion of my church donations should go to fund an international pedophile ring"

Weird robes and rituals are the cool part

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Sheltered children who go to college and immediately fall apart without somebody telling them what to do every single second of their miserable little squeaky-clean lives.

nah regular old "I had hit rock bottom" converts usually get into some form of protestant christianity, because they're the ones that recruit aggressively and really push the redemption angle. catholic converts are either incels obsessed with "degeneracy", or op-ed writers in need of a gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Weird robes and rituals are the cool part

Exhibit A: Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun