Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

mediadave posted:

Ok, so, where can I find the podcast?

https://praxiscast.podbean.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

https://www.twitter.com/uncoolfellazone/status/1171140028564684801

e: :eyepoop:

Facehammer fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Sep 10, 2019

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I wish I could say I don't believe it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I believe it 100%
Like cameron and the pig, facts don't matter, trust your heart.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Chinese Gordon posted:

The new Lib Dem stance is going to split the remain vote even harder than it was already split. Not hopeful about this election lads.

Extremely same.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Borrovan posted:

imo this LD A50 thing is good for Jeremy Corbyn. Their core voter base are big brained very rational adults who are obsessed with compromise and decorum, very few of whom will openly back totally ignoring a referendum (& as someone already said, the ones that would aren't voting Labour anyway). The move just exposes the core hypocrisy of the LDs' position.

Plus this move is very obviously in response to Labour backing a second referendum, and attacking Labour Brexit policy for being too Brexitey when it's exactly what the LDs were calling for until seconds ago is such transparent horseshit that, again, the only people who will buy it are rabid smoothbrains.

"voting Lib Dem out of principle" :laugh:

LD core base will like the A50 thing, I don’t think any of them particularly care about the principle of respecting the referendum.

For the rest of it, politics is tribal. Most people who will vote LD right now aren’t doing it based on a detailed reading of policies or the overwhelming personal charisma of Jo Swinson, they’re doing it because they are horrified by the Tories and nervous of Labour under Corbyn for various reasons, from “he’ll take away what I have” to “he’s the second coming of Adolf Eichmann”.

None of those reasons bear scrutiny but I’ll bet on the early heat death of the universe before I’ll bet on my fellow countrymen being reflective enough to spot that.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

tecnocrat posted:

I've been watching this for the last few days, and following this thread to learn more.

This is incredible, and I wish the US had a real system like this.

Listen to the thread podcast for more!

Chinese Gordon posted:

The new Lib Dem stance is going to split the remain vote even harder than it was already split. Not hopeful about this election lads.

No they won’t, nobody believes they’ll get a majority so revocation is a non entity.

It’s a desperate attempt to remain relevant and won’t work.

If polly fuckin toynbee is saying Corbyn is our only hope, the Lib Dem’s are hosed.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

already gone, what was the gist?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I love that its become standard now to mention the e-m@iler in every article about Alan Sugar. Not that you need to go far to find other shite Amstrad stuff if you want a change.

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Alan Sugar would deliberately poo poo himself on the set of The Apprentice and enjoy making everyone else stew in the smell.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought that was the whole appeal of the show.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
While seeing Boris led out of Number 10 in cuffs would be extremely funny, I feel like it's only a very short time before this becomes FBPEs' next big cause and all the joy is taken out of it. A procedural hail Mary that they can fantasise over as the forces of law and righteousness rescuing us all, that will never actually happen.

Like if you're hoping for the police of all loving people to save the country, you're well on the way to terminal centrist brain.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tesseraction posted:

It’s still there for me

It’s an article in the Mirror saying that Alan Sugar deliberately poo poo himself on the set of the Apprentice just for laughs apparently

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

TACD posted:

It’s still there for me

It’s an article in the Mirror saying that Alan Sugar deliberately poo poo himself on the set of the Apprentice just for laughs apparently

It's a joke, not a real article.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

mediadave posted:

It's real to me.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

It's not a real article (that's not to say he didn't repeatedly & deliberately poo poo himself tho).

Looks like he had a real normal one last night, anyway. Up late telling everyone he's definitely not a Tory and showing off a scan of a 2 1/2 year old cheque to "prove" he paid tax once.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

jackhunter64 posted:

Prorogation chat aside, what's the non-poo poo landline ISP of choice these days? I'm moving in a couple of months and can't get Virgin at my new place. Bonus points if I can turn their router to modem mode so I can use my own Airport.

Been with Zen for 7 years and they're really good. I was with IDNet before that who were also really good but I couldn't justify the cost of it, maybe their pricing is better now IDK.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Sanitary Naptime posted:

No they won’t, nobody believes they’ll get a majority so revocation is a non entity.

If polly fuckin toynbee is saying Corbyn is our only hope, the Lib Dem’s are hosed.

Nah the policy will split the right wing harder than it'll split any Remainers - post 31st there's reasons to vote Brexit Party and lib dems but only tribalism to vote Tory because they aren't going to outdo either side on Brexit and are still just awful domestically.

This is actually really good because it's the lib dems that will try and weasel out of an election once they've got an extension again.

Its also really bad for the lib dems because this escalation strategy may be pulling Labour but it'll end in them having to have rejoining the EU as a policy platform after we leave and that's going to be a disasterious approach for them.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

So Johnson is definitely going to ask the EU for the border in the Irish Sea, present this as a ‘new deal’ that excuses him from asking for an extension, obviously lose the vote on the deal, and then crash out without a deal, right?

mediadave posted:

Jokes are more real than truth now

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Listen to the thread podcast for more!

The real problem, which I suspect was Big Brain Jo's plan all along, is this definitely rules out an electoral non aggression pact with Labour. Prior to this move I reckon there was a decent chance of that happening given that pressure would be overwhelming to prevent the remain vote splitting and letting the Tories win despite their leader being repeatedly publically humiliated/in prison. Now it's impossible for Labour to consider such a pact, and the single issue remain voters - of which there are more than enough to swing the result - will flock to the Lib Dems and likely swing the result.

Of course the big unknown is what Farage will do in a post extension election. BoJo will have to explicitly promise No Deal to get him onside, which I guess he might, depending on exactly how the extension actually happens

Chinese Gordon fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Sep 10, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
Dom Cummies produces another belter - communications will not be released, as they were all on ICQ and MSN Messenger

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

The lib dem policy is, as far as I understand it, we'll revoke a50 IF WE GET A MAJORITY. Now, seeing as how I'm as likely to get a majority as the lib dems are, everyone knows it's an empty promise. What they're positioning for, imo, is going into coalition with the moderate tories again and keep trotting out their bulllshit 'we moderated the tories!' line when we get whatever the moderate tories decide we'll get on brexit - probably a 2nd ref with remain vs no deal vs some sort of poo poo deal so that everybody involved can appear to support one stance and play to their base.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh yeah if I click through the tweet shows. lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's not gone btw the tweet just didn't embed

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

CGI Stardust posted:

Dom Cummies produces another belter - communications will not be released, as they were all on ICQ and MSN Messenger

Classic Dom

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1171359103601532928?s=19
https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/1171359136044523520?s=19

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Single issue remainers will definitely flock to the Lib Dems

Although I do accept the argument that they'd have never have voted for Labour anyway

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

kemikalkadet posted:

Been with Zen for 7 years and they're really good. I was with IDNet before that who were also really good but I couldn't justify the cost of it, maybe their pricing is better now IDK.

feedmegin posted:

Zen, or A&A if you're :homebrew:

Zen it is then!

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Barry Foster posted:

Only the ones that are as thick as pig poo poo

e: & unlike most single issues, this one probably has voters that aren't

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Barry Foster posted:

They would already have done this if it was gonna happen. The lib dems have claimed to be the remainiest party ever for a long time, but the fact that they are liars and tories, plus the fact that they won't win an election and can therefore promise the moon on a stick works against them

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Borrovan posted:

Only the ones that are as thick as pig poo poo

Well yeah that's what I said

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If we're down to the wire, like there's a week until we crash out and Johnson has somehow managed to weasel out of getting an extension and there's no time to push through a VONC, what do we reckon the odds are at that stage of all the other parties just saying gently caress it and pushing through legislation to immediately revoke Article 50?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
All parties are secretly tories, that's why they keep wining in spite of being absolute morons.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

If we're down to the wire, like there's a week until we crash out and Johnson has somehow managed to weasel out of getting an extension and there's no time to push through a VONC, what do we reckon the odds are at that stage of all the other parties just saying gently caress it and pushing through legislation to immediately revoke Article 50?

Zero. I'm not even sure Labour would whip for it and even if they did there's a substantial amount of Respect The Result fucknuts who would rebel, plus I doubt you'd get most of the former Tories on board with revocation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Not sure honestly. I can imagine Labour maybe coming around to that position if they thought they could win it. Though equally they might bargain on NDB loving the tories. Unfortunatley the nature of parliamentary politics means it's very unlikely even the best labour MPs would actually suffer material consequences of NDB other than electorally.

Some of them I think would back it for sure, those in strong remain constituencies, but whether the party as a whole would is hard to say.

Also the tories would be pretty unlikely I think. It might possibly squeak through if the lib dems can stop being contrarians for a moment and the cuktigs can get off their arses and some of those tory rebels with nothing to lose get on board, but that's a big ask.

Also depends what happens in the next few weeks, whether we get more tory defections, whether/what the yellowhammer documents say.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

jackhunter64 posted:

Zen it is then!

Zen is really loving good. Their support guys actually know what they are talking about and im not 100% sure that most of them are actually network techs.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I've been with Zen for years after a recommendation from this thread. They're really good - and I think they treat their employees well too.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Barry Foster posted:

Extremely same.

I don’t know, I think Corbyn has a perfectly reasonable chance, if he campaigns well and manages to divert the topic from Brexit as much as possible, of hanging on to second place.

Or, if you want to dream, he could even adopt a defensible Brexit strategy and be in contention for winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I believe it 100%
Like cameron and the pig, facts don't matter, trust your heart.

Don't say this even as a joke. It makes us the same as the idiots destroying the world.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Sep 10, 2019