Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for reading a heartfelt letter my [22M] ex [23F] gave me in front of her and coworkers?

Lol
The nuclear option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

MarcusSA posted:

Lol
The nuclear option.

I mean calling him a liar in front of co-workers/friends, gas lighting the poo poo out of him and calling him unattractive and poo poo is pretty nuclear; NTA.

v-- ahhhhh ok makes sense, both options were pretty nuclear but threat of mutual destruction and all that.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 10, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MF_James posted:

I mean calling him a liar in front of co-workers/friends, gas lighting the poo poo out of him and calling him unattractive and poo poo is pretty nuclear; NTA.

Yeah I mean for him to use on her.

She could have just said yes and down played it.

It is pretty funny that he just happened to have that letter though.

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS

Three Olives posted:

Using a wet spoon in sugar is loving disgusting and the fact that she did it makes me question her general hygiene and social skills.

I mean it sounds like the sister is a huge bitch but also she sounds like a feral animal with that behavior so maybe it is warranted after letting her into her home.

Well with creamer it actually works out b/c the wet part of the spoon picks up any dust affected so there is no residue left behind, this may be due to how finely its granulated. Somebody real bored needs to do a trip report and let us know.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for having sex in my house (which is kind of above a family restaurant)?

I'm changing minor details and using a throwaway. So. I live in a rowhome on a side street of a city. My place backs up to a place of business that's open evenings and weekends (4 pm to midnight, and noon to midnight). Anytime I'm home this place is open. We'll call it a restaurant for simplicity's sake as it's for all ages.

My bedroom is on the side of the house that backs up to the restaurant. Because of how the entire building was built, it seems like my room is IN the restaurant. I can even see the indent that my room makes from inside the restaurant. The internal walls are very thin, and I can hear what's going on in the restaurant, and via versa. My house is NOT PART of the restaurant at all. Different property manager and everything.

As you can imagine, this has been causing some issues. I don't mind the noise, rent is cheap, it's not super loud and they shut down at midnight. They however, don't feel the same way. I have a fairly active sex life, and my partner and I...make noise. I've heard from the restaurant owners that families having dinner are complaining about hearing sex noises. That's probably true, but I'm in my own house. I should be able to live my life. Do I really have to quiet down just because my bedroom is in an unfortunate location?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I hope it's a Chuck e cheese

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for constantly adopting new animals without asking permission from my SO?

For context, I own the house I live in. I work from home and I own a business- I am completely able to take care of the animals I adopt by myself. My boyfriend and I started dating 4 years ago and moved in together 2 years ago. I have always been wealthy, but very good with my money. When we started dating I made sure to let him know I have no self-control when it comes to animals in need and I would adopt any and all animals that needed me.

He lives with me rent-free. He's currently in university studying full time. He does have a job but all expenses go towards paying off his university debt. I pay a maid to come in and clean once a week. The house is completely clean all the time; the animals inside the main house do not make a mess. We have a granny flat outside that I use to keep the rest of my animals.

​Recently we had a massive fight because I brought home a new pet. This would be rescue number 23. I got her from an online listing. She's an incredibly underweight female rat (about half the weight she should be) as well as a URI. She's been checked out by my vet and my vet is confident she'll be completely fine. My boyfriend got so angry at me and said he's sick of all these animals and if I didn't stop rescuing them he'd leave me.

​I told him he was being unreasonable since it's my house and he doesn't see the animals all that often. He responded saying he hates rodents and he hates that I walk around with them on my shoulder constantly (along with handling other animals). He told me it's not fair to him to not tell him I got a new pet until after I got it and I told him it's none of his business what I do in my house. I told him to get the gently caress out of my house until he learned some drat respect. I've done nothing but support him, but I absolutely will not budge about literally saving the lives of animals in distress. I adopt the oldest, most unwell animals I possibly can because no one else would. I work my rear end off every day at work (constantly responding to emails, consulting design team, business meetings etc) to be able to provide for my pets and I'd do ANYTHING for them. I'm considering breaking up with him over this.

Listen Stephanie, just kick Frank out, I promise you there's a better guy coming into your life real soon now

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for blowing up at a co-worker when he knocked over a table?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh whats that, we never dated? Let me just open up dead_mans_hand.png

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

My local Mongolian BBQ place has a nice ambience of grunts and moans.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I think the 23 pet lady is really weird and I am absolutely sure her house smells like poo poo even with the weekly cleaner (she notes that they "curl up" each night with a managerie of bearded dragons and dogs and rats to watch netflix) but I don't know why she got branded an rear end in a top hat in her AITA.

It's not like the boyfriend should be surprised, she details in her thread that she spends most of her money and time on her animals. Was he ok with 18 animals and broke down when it became 23 animals?

It sounds like he's fed up with the situation but this woman is like... a ride or die "take care of multitudes of injured and dying pets" extremist.This poo poo didn't come up out of nowhere. You're totally allowed to dislike the gross rat lady but the appropriate response is to break up, not berate someone over what they have clearly defined as their life's work.

Taima fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Sep 10, 2019

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Someone knowing you're an rear end in a top hat and putting up with it doesn't somehow make you not actually an rear end in a top hat.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I dunno her entire reason for living is taking care of multitudes of sick animals and the dude gets mad at her for taking care of sick animals, did she respond ideally? No, but most people get pretty upset when you call out what they perceive as their core reason for living, so I don't know what to say.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The sugar sister is both right and wrong. A dedicated sugar spoon should have been provided in order to keep moisture out of the stock container.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
AITA for telling my parents I won't drive my brother to school unless he is more hygienic because his smell literally makes me sick?

quote:

I'm a high school senior and my brother is a high school freshman. I have a car that I bought with money I'd saved from work, and I pay my own gas. However my parents pay my car insurance, so they said that driving is a privilege for me, not a right.

They said I need to drive my brother to school even though there's a bus. And the problem is that I get motion sick easily; even when I'm driving. Too much driving makes me vomit, and bad smells when I'm in a car make me feel ill too.

I'm not exaggerating, I've always been like this. As a kid, my family couldn't go on vacation without me puking at least once. I always make sure I know where my barf bag is on a plane. I always used to take motion sickness pills, but I'm not allowed when I'm driving because they make you tired.

Anyway, I can handle the drive to school on my own fine, but when my brother is with me I literally feel so sick because of his BO. Even with the windows on my side open

My friend told me I should make a checklist of what my brother needs to do before getting in my car in the morning: have a shower with shampoo and soap, brush his teeth, put on deodorant, wear clean clothes including underwear and socks, remember to use shoe antifungal spray.

Right now, he doesn't do that, he likes to sleep in to the last minute, skip showers most days, pick clothes up off the floor to wear, skip brushing his teeth, etc.

So I did that and told my mom and dad that I couldn't do it anymore unless my brother had done the hygiene list in the morning. Either they could check or I would. And they blew up at me saying that I was being nasty and humiliating, that if I wouldn't drive my brother I couldn't drive. And I said fine; I'll go back to riding my bicycle to school or getting a ride from my friend.

And that caused a big fight, because I guess they were not expecting me to call their bluff and give up driving.

AITA for what I did?

the younger brother is less of a freshman than initially thought

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for reading a heartfelt letter my [22M] ex [23F] gave me in front of her and coworkers?

So I just started at a new company, and when I was bored I searched through the company's network and saw a few people I went to college with, including one girl who I dated in college.

The relationship ended amicably, and she sent me a heartfelt letter when she broke up with me because it was due to us both being too busy to make the relationship work.

Over the next year, we were both on a sports team and could never get along. We argued constantly, and the rest of the team knew we didn't get along, but didn't know we dated.

When I found the friends in the company's network, I set up a day for all of us to get lunch. One person invited my ex without asking me.

When we met ready to leave, the person who invited her must have noticed my facial expression when he told me she was meeting us there, and asked why I was upset if she and I only ever argued on the team, and it probably would be fine now.

I explained that we had dated, so it probably wouldn't ever be great, particularly with the amount we'd have to be careful to keep every conversation in the workplace professional.

He lost his mind at the idea of her and I dating. He told the rest of the group, and everyone was in disbelief. It became the topic of the day, and they continued asking for details as we went to lunch.

When we got there, my ex denied ever dating me. She said I was lying, she would never date me, I wasn't her type, wasn't attractive enough, etc etc. As this was going on and my friends began to think I made it up, I pulled out my phone and read her letter she sent when she broke up with me that went on and on about how she loved me, saw us marrying someday, etc and then showed the group the picture of it with her signature at the bottom.

She began to cry, left the restaurant, and is now saying (a few hours later) that it was uncalled for and a breach of trust, but I don't see how her lying wasn't a breach of trust either. My friends seem torn about whose side to take. AITA?

Edit/INFO: No I don't have any pictures of us when we were dating. I have a new girlfriend now so I deleted all previous pictures with any exes. The only reason I had a picture of the note was because my friend at my previous apartment found them and sent pictures asking if I wanted him to mail them to me.

I love stories about idiots starting firefights with people who have access to nuclear weaponry.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

chitoryu12 posted:

Boyfriend has a scat fetish and I don’t

So, the fart fetish was cover for a scat fetish. What's he really into that he's softly introducing with the scat fetish? Septic scuba? Reverse vore? The monroe transfer?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for having sex in my house (which is kind of above a family restaurant)?

I'm changing minor details and using a throwaway. So. I live in a rowhome on a side street of a city. My place backs up to a place of business that's open evenings and weekends (4 pm to midnight, and noon to midnight). Anytime I'm home this place is open. We'll call it a restaurant for simplicity's sake as it's for all ages.

My bedroom is on the side of the house that backs up to the restaurant. Because of how the entire building was built, it seems like my room is IN the restaurant. I can even see the indent that my room makes from inside the restaurant. The internal walls are very thin, and I can hear what's going on in the restaurant, and via versa. My house is NOT PART of the restaurant at all. Different property manager and everything.

As you can imagine, this has been causing some issues. I don't mind the noise, rent is cheap, it's not super loud and they shut down at midnight. They however, don't feel the same way. I have a fairly active sex life, and my partner and I...make noise. I've heard from the restaurant owners that families having dinner are complaining about hearing sex noises. That's probably true, but I'm in my own house. I should be able to live my life. Do I really have to quiet down just because my bedroom is in an unfortunate location?

i want to go to the sex restaurant

edit: DONT. i don't want to go to the sex restaurant

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

So, the fart fetish was cover for a scat fetish. What's he really into that he's softly introducing with the scat fetish? Septic scuba? Reverse vore? The monroe transfer?

The dirtiest fetish, missionary with the lights off

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Xik posted:

AITA for telling my parents I won't drive my brother to school unless he is more hygienic because his smell literally makes me sick?

the younger brother is less of a freshman than initially thought

This sucks because I was similar to that kid age from 12-13 and didn't get better until some older friends knocked some sense into me and told me to get my poo poo together and stop smelling bad. Seriously using showers, soap&washcloths to scrub, toothpaste, clean clothes, and deodorant needs to be taught in public schools like sexual health class because a lot of people do not learn it at home or don't bother and no one makes them.

The parents not taking a stand is only hurting the younger brother because if you don't set standards and enforce them teen boys will quickly turn into 30 yr man-children who can't even wipe their rear end.

It's ironic that Gabriel Iglesias was a giant fat dude his whole life and talks about going 200% on his hygiene to avoid being the smelly fat guy, and has multiple routines about how much of a hassle it is to convince his teenage son to shower and wear deodorant. It's clearly a big problem even when you care and actively try to help someone like that.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Daughter with a spine: better punish her for not wanting to deal with a stinky person

Son with a BO problem: We refuse to involve ourselves and parent.

This is how manchildren are made. If you can parent one kid you can parent the other holy poo poo this is not hard.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for pranking my girlfriend with the help of my doctor friend that I had amnesia?

quote:

Im 27, gf is 22.

Got into a car accident, wasn’t life threatening but broke my leg and passed out and woke up in hospital. Only my car front bumper suffered the most damage.

Anyways, I happened to know a friend who works there as a doctor. My gf lives 4 hours away from me to attend college. My family informed her and she started to drive to the hospital (4 hr away). I was still unconscious so didnt hear this, until I regain consciousness.

At this point in time I was already awake but in tremendous pain but painkillers or idk what they did helped relieved it. My friend (doctor) came in to my room blah blah we talked, etc. I heard from him that my gf is coming to visit me. I thought it would be funny to prank her that I had amnesias to see her reaction. Since I was determined to be fine or at least everything seemed normal and I was probably able to get discharged in around 2-3 days my friend played along and also my sister who was the only family member who stayed since my father had work and was already relieved that I was fine.

So after few hours, gf got there and hear news I suffered amnesia. Did my best to act but ended up bursting into laughter after seeing her reaction.

You can probably predict what happened after that but do you guys think this is an rear end in a top hat move or thing to do? We did ended up making up though. This is also my first time getting into car acci so wanted to try to forget the incident and keep it light atmosphere.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Plot twist, he was actually brain damaged by the car accident and they're waiting to tell him so he doesn't freak out

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for not replacing my sisters $3000 gaming laptop after my child spilled juice on it because it was on the floor?

quote:

Title is pretty self explanatory. But basically over the weekend, I had a work trip to go on so my sister offered to babysit my 2 year old. She’s babysat him a few times so knows what to expect. Well, this time, she left her $3000 gaming laptop on the floor of her lounge room. She gave my son an open cup of apple juice without supervision, and he decided to use the laptop as a table on the floor. Things happen and somehow it got knocked over.

Her laptop no longer switches on. She’s blaming me and expects me to buy her a new one. I told her no as it shouldn’t have been in his reach and certainly not on the floor. She’s refusing to speak to me at the moment and said she’ll never babysit for me ever again. I really don’t feel as though it’s my responsibility.. AITA?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA For Staging A Public Proposal

quote:

Throwaway because she knows my (30M) username.

Okay, my gf?(26F) “Shelby” has this fascination with cringe and is subscribed to cringepics, crazy people fb etc and was showing me this compilation of public marriage proposal fails a month or so back. We joke about it occasionally. She finds it mortifying.

I ended up buying a ring and making a plan to create an elaborate proposal. I asked one of my coworkers “Tom” that she doesn’t know to meet us at the mall after we had gone out for a movie date. I wanted to throw her for a loop, so I had Tom bring his gf Rachel and stage a fake proposal that Rachel would reject. (Rachel knew about it, btw.)

My plan was to go to the fountain in the middle of the mall with Shelby and unbeknownst to her, my coworker Tom and his girlfriend would be there too. Shelby and I got a pretzel. Tom and Rachel were about three tables away and then Tom stood up and began exclaiming his love to Rachel to the whole room. Shelby and I immediately stopped our conversation and looked at each other, trying not to stare.

I realized as soon as “Rachel” started hesitating towards Tom that this may not have been the best idea. Shelby’s hands were covering her face and she looked troubled.

Rachel said something along the lines of “No and why would you do this here?”

People were staring. There was a long, awkward silence. Then I got up. Shelby looked at me like WTF.

I walked over to Tom, clasped my hand on his shoulder and said, “That’s not how you do it, bro” and proceeded to get down on my knees and propose to Shelby. I told her that I loved her so much I didn’t care if I made the whole world cringe and some other stuff—can’t really remember all of it due to adrenaline rush.

Shelby couldn’t look me straight in the face but asked if I was serious and asked me to get off the ground. I said I was serious and wouldn’t get off the ground until she said yes. She ended up running to the bathroom. When I sent Rachel in after her (who explained the first proposal was fake), she was apparently kind of rude to Rachel.

Rachel and Tom ended up having to drive me home and Shelby hasn’t texted me back except when I demanded she tell me she’s okay and she said she is alive but I am a “loving sociopath”.

AITA for turning an inside joke (failed public marriage proposals) into a reality to propose to my girlfriend?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The foot spray was probably a hair over the top.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

Girlfriend cringes at public proposals, finds it horrifying and mortifying. I set up a public proposal. Nothing could go wrong here, no sir.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

"Hey my girlfriend loves watching people end up publicly humiliated in awkward situations, so I decided to do that to her to show my love, why didn't she find it funny?"

He could not have been more tone deaf to the situation then if he was a space alien trying to pretend to be human from watching 70s sitcoms.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"I said I was serious and wouldn’t get off the ground until she said yes," says man who deserves to get ditched

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Reasons eleventy billion, sixty nine four twenty as to why I’m thrilled I never grew up with tracking apps on phone

quote:

AITA for thinking my mom has gone too far?
u/Pixonyx
Okay some background info. I'm in high school and all this happened a little over a week ago. Tensions are still high and I wanted to see if I'm at fault here.

My parents have always tracked my phone, they use an app called Life 360 and one of the reasons they got me a phone in the first place was so they could know exactly where I was at all times. Recently, I joined a casual after school team. My parents read the details on it and gave it the OK. Friday rolls around and I tell my parents I'll be staying after school for practice. My mom wants to know a bunch of details. I inform her everything I know (which is the same as the info on the permission slips SHE already filled out).

She freaks out. The club has several upperclassmen in it who drive us the 8 blocks to the field next to the public library. She approved of this when she signed the permission slips that explicitly stated upperclassmen would be providing transportation. She says that I cant go and I try to calmly tell why I feel like it's ok. She starts yelling about how I will not get in someone else's car and be driven off to an "unknown" location. She says I cannot be trusted, insinuates that I used $5 she lent me the prior week on drugs (I used it to buy drinks after P.E), and demands to see my phone.

I am reluctant to give her my phone for a few reasons. 1) I feel that I have done nothing wrong and shouldn't have to hand over my phone. She has no reason not to trust me. 2) Last time I gave her my phone I didn't see it again for two months 3) She actually broke up with my long-distance girlfriend and ruined the relationship.

I currently have a girl that I've been dating since mid-summer. It's going great but she's currently off at boarding school so the only way we can communicate is texting and calling.

Long story short I yield, give my mom my phone, and send my girlfriend an email of the computer hoping that she sees it soon. My mom takes my phone and checks it. The situation develops as follows. 1) She did not ruin my relationship but did advise me to not trust my girlfriend 2) She read through my discord, said some of the things people said were bad, and I could not be trusted. I pointed out I did not know (most) of these people but that just made it worst because god forbid I recieve messages from strangers. 3) Installed an app on my phone that links it to hers and does the following: blocks social media, blocks nudity, directs all my texts to her phone, allows her to see all my images, automatically prevent my phone from working during certain times, allow her to turn off my data and internet remotely at anytime, and track me at all times.

Now, I felt this was a little extreme and Ill be honest, I kind of flipped out. She read through months of personal texts and invaded my privacy. She says I'm disrespecting her and her authority. AITA?

Another one

quote:

I’m a gay college student and my family is extremely religious and conservative. My mother forced me to download the app Life360 in order to track me this year. Any advice on how to trick the app?
u/liabilitytease
To begin with, I am openly gay to all my friends and acquaintances, and my entire family basically knows too, but they pretend that I’m straight. They are extremely religious and conservative and I have already been sent to conversion therapy once (right when I first came out to my mom). I am 19 and about to enter my second year of college, but over this summer, my mom forced me to download the app Life360 which gives VERY detailed information about my location to her. I am very anxious because I use what little free time I have at school to go on dates and such. However over the summer, I connected with a guy who lives about 2 hours from me and we have really hit it off and would really like to see each other once I move back into my “college town” this fall. However I cannot drive anywhere outside of my university without my mother being notified that I have done such. When I do this, I know my mom will call and interrogate me, asking questions such as “Why are you out of town.” If she were to find out that I am seeing another man, it would likely be the end of my phone plan and I would no longer have a place to stay during the summer. I would really like to buy my own phone plan, however I will not have much time to work a job once school starts and I will not be able to pay for it myself.

Is there any way, without deleting Life360 off my phone or notifying my mother that I’ve turned off my location, that I can somehow trick the GPS into saying that I am at my apartment? This is causing me IMMENSE stress because I feel like my freedom is not truly mine, and this will continue for as long as my parents support me in some way financially. It is worth noting that my parents do NOT pay for my college. However my parents and grandparents (who are probably more disapproving than my parents due to the fact that my grandfather is a southern baptist pastor), do help pay for my housing

quote:

AITA for demanding my Mom stops tracking my phone?
u/stormy2815
My Mom and I (17m) have been arguing a lot recently about her tracking of my phone.

Starting a couple years ago, my Mom found an app that would allow her to track me. She made me download it and also forced me to turn off the "power-saving mode" on my phone so that the location would be perfectly accurate. Lately, I have started university and I've been finding that my battery is not lasting the whole day, so I decided to turn on power-saving mode. She didn't notice for some time, but my Mom eventually found out and tried to force me to turn it back off. I refused, saying it's stupid that she has to track my phone in the first place and I threatened to delete the app entirely. Then, she completely flipped out saying, "That isn't an option. It's the only way for me to have peace of mind while you're out and as long as I'm paying for your phone, I get to make those decisions".

I already have to give her the passwords to my emails and other important accounts and I have to endure crazy levels of interrogation whenever I go out. She grew up in a strict household with no freedom, so she thinks I am being unreasonable and that I should be grateful for the freedom I have. I just want to be a little independent and not feel like I 'm under surveillance 24/7. AITA?

I’m not even posting the RBN posts. I feel loving awful for these kids.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Hard to believe this one, but you never know.

quote:

My(47M) daughter(14F) has been dating a boy(13M) for 2 months, i dropped her off and met the parents and realised he is my son from an affair nearly 15 years ago.

While dropping her off to his house on the weekend I went to meet the parents, as soon as I saw the Mom we both just sorta froze but pretended we didn't know each other. He husband was basically infertile and we had an affair, when she found out she was pregnant she told me she wanted to keep it and that her husband will think it was his. I figured can't do any harm and it's nice knowing you've got something else out there.

The problem we have here is if anyone found out my wife would know I cheated on her as he was born nearly a year after my eldest daughter. So, met the parents, tried to get some time alone with the Mom but I couldn't find any time without other people around, we just kept looking at eachother and mouthing "wtf". I had to leave her there, i'm nor sure what to do now. I'm obviously going to have to work with the Mom to break them up, but i'm not sure how to do it. I obviously can't tell my daughter. I'm not sure what to say.

It won't hurt her as long as she never finds out I suppose. The worst part is how their group of friends have always joked how they look alike. I haven't had anything to do with the Mom in 14 years, so I didn't know it but they ended up being in the same classes at school.

No highschool relationships last so i don't have to worry about inbred babies, but this is so hosed I can never tell a loving soul. The Mom shares a facebook accoubt with the dad too so I can't even do a sneaky message. I asked for their numbers incase I needed to call and the husband said just use his number as she never answers.

I'm sure this has happened before, like what about sperm donors, i'm sure this happens all the time. It just feels like the odds of this happening are so slim that it has to be universal karma.

What tips so you guys have?

TLDR: Had kid with married woman, kid is dating my other kid, no-one knows.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

teen witch posted:

Reasons eleventy billion, sixty nine four twenty as to why I’m thrilled I never grew up with tracking apps on phone

When I read these I always want to skip ahead ten years when the parents can't understand why their dear child no longer has anything to do with them.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

teen witch posted:

these things should be loving illegal jfc

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theres one of these for adults called covenant eyes where if it detects you doing things that are "against your marriage" it emails your contacts to let them know which led to a few years back some sports broadcaster pissing off his whole office because they all got emails about the fact he watched some porn.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Walton Simons posted:

When I read these I always want to skip ahead ten years when the parents can't understand why their dear child no longer has anything to do with them.

It also encourages keeping a secret phone. Which is what I would have done basically immediately in that sort of situation, and left my electronic leash back home.

That poo poo is pretty much abuse, particularly the first one and it is going to backfire somehow.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Barudak posted:

Theres one of these for adults called covenant eyes where if it detects you doing things that are "against your marriage" it emails your contacts to let them know which led to a few years back some sports broadcaster pissing off his whole office because they all got emails about the fact he watched some porn.

It's even wilder than it sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkQIaknNZd4

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

You're cool KM, I was looking for that exact clip :hfive:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Drake no: helicopter parents
Drake yes: surveillance state parents

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So I just started at a new company, and when I was bored I searched through the company's network and saw a few people I went to college with, including one girl who I dated in college.

The relationship ended amicably, and she sent me a heartfelt letter when she broke up with me because it was due to us both being too busy to make the relationship work.

Over the next year, we were both on a sports team and could never get along. We argued constantly, and the rest of the team knew we didn't get along, but didn't know we dated.

When I found the friends in the company's network, I set up a day for all of us to get lunch. One person invited my ex without asking me.

When we met ready to leave, the person who invited her must have noticed my facial expression when he told me she was meeting us there, and asked why I was upset if she and I only ever argued on the team, and it probably would be fine now.

I explained that we had dated, so it probably wouldn't ever be great, particularly with the amount we'd have to be careful to keep every conversation in the workplace professional.

He lost his mind at the idea of her and I dating. He told the rest of the group, and everyone was in disbelief. It became the topic of the day, and they continued asking for details as we went to lunch.

When we got there, my ex denied ever dating me. She said I was lying, she would never date me, I wasn't her type, wasn't attractive enough, etc etc. As this was going on and my friends began to think I made it up, I pulled out my phone and read her letter she sent when she broke up with me that went on and on about how she loved me, saw us marrying someday, etc and then showed the group the picture of it with her signature at the bottom.

She began to cry, left the restaurant, and is now saying (a few hours later) that it was uncalled for and a breach of trust, but I don't see how her lying wasn't a breach of trust either. My friends seem torn about whose side to take. AITA?

Edit/INFO: No I don't have any pictures of us when we were dating. I have a new girlfriend now so I deleted all previous pictures with any exes. The only reason I had a picture of the note was because my friend at my previous apartment found them and sent pictures asking if I wanted him to mail them to me.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Someone tell those poor kids that they can leave their phone at home when they need to go out and get wasted, laid, or otherwise debauched.