Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

CrowdControl posted:

Can I get an opinion on the android version of King of Dragons Pass?

I had played the poo poo out of the original was very disappointed that they rereleased only on iOS. When I saw it recomended for me on the app store I was ready to throw money at it until i saw the reviews for Ui issues. Can anyone attest to how bad the issues are if I try playing this on a phone instead of a tablet?

I've probably put hundreds of hours into the android version, playing exclusively on a phone. It is completely functional and good. The only things that really annoy are that you have less precise control of your herds outside of cows. Strongly recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Tropico has been released. $12 is kinda steep though and I never played any of the games. Anyone buy it yet?

CrowdControl
Aug 2, 2011

Uhh Tommy, I think I'm just gonna sleep at my house tonight...

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I've probably put hundreds of hours into the android version, playing exclusively on a phone. It is completely functional and good. The only things that really annoy are that you have less precise control of your herds outside of cows. Strongly recommend.

Got it on your recommendation. Loving the new look of everything and seems to play as well as it ever did.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Is that the game were everyone says to gently caress with the ducks?
Its been on my to do list for ages

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sleekly posted:

Is that the game were everyone says to gently caress with the ducks?
Its been on my to do list for ages

No, it's the one where you DO NOT gently caress WITH THE DUCKS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

FistEnergy posted:

Tropico has been released. $12 is kinda steep though and I never played any of the games. Anyone buy it yet?

I love Tropico but I don't see how it can work on mobile. Even on the fastest speed, progress crawls because you can't just build something, you have to rely on the whims of your construction crew to fit it in between church and drinking at the bar. I will regularly just let the game run on cheetah speed for ten minutes while I do something else and hope my construction queue is finished when I get back.

It's a people simulator more than a city simulator. Your goal is to make the guy who carries your exports to the dock to keep voting for you. Or to put your opponent in prison on trumped up charges so there's no election to begin with. Any city building is just a means to maintain power.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

No, it's the one where you DO NOT gently caress WITH THE DUCKS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

Nah don't listen to this guy. You should totally gently caress with ducks. :unsmigghh:

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Few pages back someone recommended Puzzle Page but that app totally dominates my phone battery... Anyone know any other puzzle collection type apps?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Like, I tend to just assume everyone knows of this, but just in case, Simon Tatham's puzzles is evergreen.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

CrowdControl posted:

Can I get an opinion on the android version of King of Dragons Pass?

I had played the poo poo out of the original was very disappointed that they rereleased only on iOS. When I saw it recomended for me on the app store I was ready to throw money at it until i saw the reviews for Ui issues. Can anyone attest to how bad the issues are if I try playing this on a phone instead of a tablet?

Other than the text being a tad too small, it's a great way to play the game. I used to play it on my old 4.7" Sony Z3 compact without any issues.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Dancer posted:

Like, I tend to just assume everyone knows of this, but just in case, Simon Tatham's puzzles is evergreen.

Never heard of it, thanks!

cogito ergo incommo
Apr 2, 2010
Okay, I tried Epic Seven again after dropping it soon after launch. There are some great ideas there. It looks fun.
But I keep getting connection error after connection error. I could hardly play for running into constant connection errors. So I deleted it again.

The only gacha that has stood the test of time on my phone has been FGO. I think its the fact I can't automate the battles. I have to be engaged to some degree.

(I also still have Another Eden installed but it's been months since I touched that. )

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A new fist of the north star gacha dropped. It is a disaster.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mr Hootington posted:

A new fist of the north star gacha dropped. It is a disaster.

This is implied by the word gacha.

Won't stop there being a couple pages of discussion about the best way to reroll though

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The only positive thing I can say about is that it gives you something to do while it downloads the rest of the data.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dancer posted:

Oh man, thank you for this! Had it on my old phone, and totally forgot it existed and just redownloaded :toot:

Flood is my loving jam!

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Hooray afk arena works again on the phone I was using it, and they gave me 300 diamonds for the crashing :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/pocketcitygame/status/1170450009269186561?s=19

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Is there a Goon guild in Idle Heroes? I need something to casually play

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Are there any open slots in the afk guild? I just broke through the level 100 wall, looking to finally get going and not be stuck in a pubbie guild with like 30 inactive accounts

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, whatever they've done to AFK Arena with this patch makes it slow down to a crawl on my phone. Which is honestly probably a sign for me to move on, after doing my 20 weekly diamond draws and getting a single epic hero I'm getting the feeling the game wants me to pay up or gently caress off now.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
If anyone is at all curious, I got into the Mega Man X mobile game closed beta that starts on the 12th, so I'll keep you posted. It looks like it might be a gacha sidescroller where the different Mega Man characters have different abilities, so might be interesting? https://www.facebook.com/CAPCOM.RXD/

Their Google Play page is very Engrish so hopefully they clean that up soon. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tw.com.capcom.rxd&ah=r2wjP-tSEUOQPdI7HeFWBvl6atY

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Has anyone been following Second Galaxy? I've been pretty pumped about an EvE-like on my phone, and people that played the closed beta are saying it's basically 80% EvE.

I tried to sneak into the actual EvE game that was in beta in Australia, but I could never get it to work since I'm from the US, and I didn't feel like ju.ping through all the VPN/foreign Google account hoops to get it working.

Has anyone played, or plan on playing either game?

elvie
Jan 17, 2009

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I tried to sneak into the actual EvE game that was in beta in Australia, but I could never get it to work since I'm from the US, and I didn't feel like ju.ping through all the VPN/foreign Google account hoops to get it working.

This reminded me that I did apply for the beta, had an email sitting there (opps) went to install it... but my device isn't compatible. drat!

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Has anyone been following Second Galaxy? I've been pretty pumped about an EvE-like on my phone, and people that played the closed beta are saying it's basically 80% EvE.

Second Galaxy just popped up on the US play store

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
It's available for download here in the UK, but the servers don't come up until 4pm. Which is circa 6 hours from this post. Gonna give it go!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I'd like to know how much their advertising budget is.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I'm sure it's pretty substantial, because they've been hyping this game for months, plus sponsoring some YouTube people to hype it further, as well as multiple new Facebook ads every day. :shrug:

I was afraid they weren't going to pull off the "EvE but on your phone" thing, but most people in the beta seem pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I'll be on this for sure. Whomever makes a Corp first, post it in here! :yayclod:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
"EvE on your phone" sounds incredibly unappealing to me. I don't want some grand sweeping epic game on my phone that requires constant attention, I want something I can play at my desk at work or when I'm in the passenger seat of a car or for 5 minutes on the toilet..

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

New Leaf posted:

"EvE on your phone" sounds incredibly unappealing to me. I don't want some grand sweeping epic game on my phone that requires constant attention, I want something I can play at my desk at work or when I'm in the passenger seat of a car or for 5 minutes on the toilet..

This. I won Eve in about 3 months when I realized it was beginning to be like a chore to sign in and do daily tasks to keep the money flowing in

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

I'll take Elite Dangerous on my phone over EvE on my phone any day.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

AlexDeGruven posted:

I'll take Elite Dangerous on my phone over EvE on my phone any day.

I have Star Combat installed when I'm in the mood to fly around and shoot a ship, it's a pretty good proof of concept for a playable space shooter on a phone but there is barely a game around it. Also has legitimate multi-player so it's pretty cool flying around in 5v5 matches in my phone.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Galaxy on fire 2 is probably the best space phone game. I heard 3 isn't very good which is a shame.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

OxMan posted:

I have Star Combat installed when I'm in the mood to fly around and shoot a ship, it's a pretty good proof of concept for a playable space shooter on a phone but there is barely a game around it. Also has legitimate multi-player so it's pretty cool flying around in 5v5 matches in my phone.

I haven't played Elite Dangerous, though I want to, because I like the idea of 'just do whatever, or transport stuff, or trade stuff, or etc'. Is there anything like that on phones?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Server is up for Second Galaxy. 4 "races"; space nazis, space Russians, religious cultists, or open office plan tech bros.

Aka Caldari, Minmatar, Amarr, and Gallente lol

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So if I pick the wrong race am I blocked out from playing with others?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

m.hache posted:

So if I pick the wrong race am I blocked out from playing with others?

I doubt it. Corps in EvE are not locked to nation, and I suspect this is modeled after it.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I got bored and booted up Archero. They're doing a Season 1 with a Battle Pass now, where progression is based on kills, which seems really stupid for a number of reasons.

1) A single player game with a Battle Pass? There's not even leaderboards.

2) If I just started a new area, I'm at a big disadvantage, because my runs are going to be a lot shorter, unless the whole thing is trivial anyway.

Seems kinda gross, honestly.

E: haha, they're offering straight up max health boosts for watching ads mid-run now, gently caress this.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 10, 2019

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Anyone know what the space warhams hearthclone is like? I've been looking for a good simple card game that lets you progress by playing against ai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrowdControl
Aug 2, 2011

Uhh Tommy, I think I'm just gonna sleep at my house tonight...

Shwqa posted:

Nah don't listen to this guy. You should totally gently caress with ducks. :unsmigghh:

The real answer is to gently caress with the ducks but dont push them over the edge.

Alternately, befriend the ducks. Bribe all the clans to let them into your tribe. Then repeatedly send unwilling clan mates to marry and gently caress the ducks.