Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

My options are Salter, Gawain, Rama, Atalante, Tristan, Lalter, Lancer Vlad, Li, Astolfo, Helena, Nursery, Nitocris, Kiritsugu, Wu, Penth, Beowolf, Gorgon, or Lobo.

Mechanically, Atalante is probably my best choice? But I also really want Nitocris.
If you really need an AOE Archer, you can get by with Arash/Tawara/Kid Gil, at NP5 the latter two do similar damage to NP1 Atalante, and Arash is Arash. Nitocris does something unique as she's the only AOE farmer that works off instant death, not just killing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Tristian is great for challenge too. Rare aoe dodge of david and buff remove of jack.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

dogsicle posted:

what makes you say that? Nito is flexible and self-sufficient with her farming options only being limited by class/rarity and some RNG. Atalante doesn't really stand out until Skadi, and picking based on an assumption you'll roll Skadi is dangerous.

To be fair, if one is willing to spend as much at it takes then they're pretty much guaranteed to get the SSR they want.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Just judging on mechanics and how useful they are Nitocris is, by far, the best *4 servant in my roster. When I want any random interlude fight or free quest done without paying much attention I slam Nito/Raikou/Waver and Nito just deletes the first two waves 9/10 times, no matter what they actually are or how much health they have. Even when her IK isn’t reliable she’s an extremely rare AoE servant with 100% charge so any event node with assassins/berserkers can usually just slap her in with a event CE and clear the opening wave.

Other 4* servants exist, I guess.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

:bang: Didn't check Nero's gimmick for the Super dee Duper fight. 10? :bang:

Well at least I noticed before using my last command seal.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Factor_VIII posted:

I was thinking of getting Lancer Artoria Alter as well, but I'm thinking of rolling for Lancer Artoria in the next rate up, which has her on rate up as well. I think I might go for Gorgon instead as I don't have any Avengers other than Angra and she's also story-locked.

dogsicle posted:

if you wait a couple months longer (this year's Xmas rerun) you'll get a free AOE lancer that for most purposes (damage/farming) is equal or better than Lancer Alter. so unless you have strong feelings on her as a character (lol) or her design (it's cool) she's not a great long-term pick.

you've already beaten the main story, and have your own Waver and Helena so i can't think of anything that would really require you to have your own AOE lancer either. might be some farming nodes in upcoming events but you could take friend lancers for that in addition to using your Bunyan or other zerkers.
Nrgrah! Y'all not making this any easier. I mean, nice advice and thank you. But ughghghghgh!

Nyaa posted:

Tristian is great for challenge too. Rare aoe dodge of david and buff remove of jack.
Man, I know Tristian is good and all, but I could never bring myself to want him because I'm still salty af at him no-selling the Hassans in Camelot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lancer artoria alter isnt an aoe farmer. Shes a crit buster servant. And for that purpose shes really, really good. She wishes her crit damage was three turns, not one, but otoh she still has a button thats literally juat guaranteed 100% crits for a turn.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tristan is a good boy if you've played the Halloween and CCC events

I'm sure his interlude later this year will add to his positive characterization but ofc that requires owning him. :v:

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
His interlude is great, it's somewhat of an epilogue to camelot for his character.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
CCC basically salvaged Tristan's entire character for me, he's a good lad and I'm glad I stumbled into a few copies of him.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

Lancer artoria alter isnt an aoe farmer. Shes a crit buster servant. And for that purpose shes really, really good. She wishes her crit damage was three turns, not one, but otoh she still has a button thats literally juat guaranteed 100% crits for a turn.

she still reads to me as a farmer in the vein of zerkerlot or raikou. but there's a lack of strong, readily available ST lancers so i get why her crit capability would be used to try and fill that gap.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
My options for "don't already have this Servant" are Tristan, Yan Qing, Wu Zetian, and Penthesilea.

Before I finished Argatha, the answer would have been Penny, no room for debate, but honestly, that finale against Phenex actually really helped endear Wu to me. So now it's a toss-up between those two.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I was 100 percent going to use the ticket on another Ibaraki so she'd match Shuten and also because I wanted another strong single target buster 'zerker. I even fed her a couple grails in anticipation of this.

Then I threw a ten roll at that last berserker banner and Cu Alter popped out.

So now I'm a little torn.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Arbite posted:

:bang: Didn't check Nero's gimmick for the Super dee Duper fight. 10? :bang:

Well at least I noticed before using my last command seal.

10 of what, guts stacks Herakles style?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

she still reads to me as a farmer in the vein of zerkerlot or raikou. but there's a lack of strong, readily available ST lancers so i get why her crit capability would be used to try and fill that gap.
Literally the only thing that makes her a farmer is that her NP is AOE. Zerkerlot and Raikou are farmers because they're AOE berserkers with high attack stats which are fairly rare, but that isn't the case with lancers. She's as much of a farmer as Nitocris is a single target arts np looper. Like, sure, she could theoretically maybe do that, but literally why?

Mind, she's inferior to Taiga as a crit buster lancer, but Taiga is the best servant in the game so Lalter is still decent.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Omobono posted:

10 of what, guts stacks Herakles style?

Yep. If anyone on the field is alive when Nero bites it she'll give them 10 guts stacks

She's a generous emperor like that.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
there is no need for ST lancers, my Liz beat the poo poo out of cq Gil

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

Literally the only thing that makes her a farmer is that her NP is AOE. Zerkerlot and Raikou are farmers because they're AOE berserkers with high attack stats which are fairly rare, but that isn't the case with lancers. She's as much of a farmer as Nitocris is a single target arts np looper. Like, sure, she could theoretically maybe do that, but literally why?

Mind, she's inferior to Taiga as a crit buster lancer, but Taiga is the best servant in the game so Lalter is still decent.

these distinctions are always fuzzy but yeah, i think the AOE NP leans her more towards farming where the crit burst is an addition to kill a wave boss, or BNPBEX shenanigans against multiple enemies over her NP threshold. certainly the game has changed to a point where having a burst every five turns isn't really going to give her ST performance, so i don't know what can really be leveraged as her selling point other than that blend of farming NP with crit cleanup. lancers aren't doing 1.5x to every class but lalter's neutral burst is still strong and she's got a high atk stat boosted by the 1.05x class mod. her 5* counterpart has worse NP damage and was still used to clear neutral waves in Nerofest comps, and lalter could certainly replicate that performance despite lacking the ability to double NP.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think you're severely underestimating her damage. She deals slightly less than np5 janta and more than 5 star Lancer Artoria at np1. She hits HARD.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
What's the Skadi system business?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

coolusername posted:

With two Skadi, some servants with an AoE quick NP can loop 3 (or more?) NPs in a row starting from turn 1.
It is somewhat finicky and depends on a lot of factors if I understand it correctly.

E: you want quick NPs because Skadi has a 50% quick boost and she has a targeted 50% NP charge.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 10, 2019

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

coolusername posted:

Skadi has a 50% NP charge and a massive Quick buff. This allows several AoE Quick Servants (most prominently, Zerkerlot and Dantes who hit 99% of the enemies for Neutral or Increased Damage) to fire off 3 NPs in a row from the NP regained from killing enemies + Skadi topping them up.

In JPN this is pretty much the most efficient farming method in the game. And it completely tears through a fair number of Challenge Quests too.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Oh, so Merlin is buster, Waver is arts and Skadi is quick? Is Skadi really that much stronger than the other two then? I only have Waver.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Looks like the 7 million DL campaign is also going to have increased Great/Super chances on level-ups. If you're still farming the lotto, it might be a good idea to hold onto some of that gold exp until then.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

coolusername posted:

Oh, so Merlin is buster, Waver is arts and Skadi is quick? Is Skadi really that much stronger than the other two then? I only have Waver.
Waver isn't Arts, he's a great NP battery and general power up.

Not sure what I'll pick yet. Thinking Lancelot or Gorgon (since I don't have an avenger).

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 10, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

coolusername posted:

she's stronger in the specific context that she can enable those quick loops, but compared to someone like Merlin or Tamamo she doesn't have the same level of team sustain. Waver is considered card-type agnostic and he's usually a supplement to any of those big 3.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Currently at 38 boxes and will probably get a handful more, but yeah that's about the amount of farming I can fit in. Would've helped if I had gotten more CE drops, but not by that much, since I can 3-turn farm but need CE slots reserved to do it. Not bothering w/ the CQs... I'd do them during any other event, just not this type of event.

For the pick ticket... I don't have Gawain, Lancelot (either version), Emiya Alter, Lalter, Caster Gil, Emiya Assassin or Avenger of Shinjuku. Out of those, I'm leaning towards either mini-gun Lancelot for potential Skadi shenanigans or Avenger because doggo. However, I could also pick Medea Lily just because that would make mine NP5 and she is a good girl. Hmmm...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah the Arts booster is Tamamo, who will eventually be boosted with something else on that skill. Np up? Dmg up? I forget.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

coolusername posted:

Skadi is probably a better offensive support than Merlin, but loses on sustainability. Since 90% or more fights (everything but a handful of event fights) can be one with a damage race she's pretty great. The only reason that she isn't straight up better than them is that (for Merlin) Buster Servants are generally better than Quick ones, and unlike Waver who is good for every party she only works with Quick servants.

Piell fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 10, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a kitten posted:

Yeah the Arts booster is Tamamo, who will eventually be boosted with something else on that skill. Np up? Dmg up? I forget.

yeah, her drain gives 3 turns of 20-30% np dmg up to allies

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

coolusername posted:

Merlin: Buster
Tamamo: Arts
Skadi: Quick
Waver: Generalist w/ strong NP battery abilities, meshes with almost any team comp. He's not as strong as the others in their niches but is more useful overall because of his broad applicability.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Huh, I don't have any AoE sabers it seems. Now I'm thinking Nero, Lancelot or Gorgon for my pick. Are avengers actually necessary for anything? I'm leaning Umu! suddenly.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

ChronoReverse posted:

Huh, I don't have any AoE sabers it seems. Now I'm thinking Nero, Lancelot or Gorgon for my pick. Are avengers actually necessary for anything? I'm leaning Umu! suddenly.

Lancelot is single target, Gorgon's damage is pretty weak because she hits everything for neutral damage and doesn't have the raw attack of Jalter to make up for that, Nero is probably your best choice. Nero is also nice because she's really durable, two heals and a triple guts makes her great at winning battles of attrition.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
If I roll on Merlin/Lancetoria and pick up NP2 Lalter, ticket goes to Tristan. If I don't, or don't roll at all, NP2 Lalter. Easy pick.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

ChronoReverse posted:

Are avengers actually necessary for anything? I'm leaning Umu! suddenly.
Not really. Most rulers aren’t that threatening and friend jalter will get the job done when you do need one (for berk boss).

Most of their skill set are selfish and usually detrimental to have two avenger on the same field.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ChronoReverse posted:

There's still no avenger welfare, and there's a couple of annoying fights with a ruler boss in Lostbelt 3 but that's over a year away, and Lobo can pop up in any gacha pull so you might get him at some point

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't know how it happened, but somewhere along the line I started to like Suzuka Gozen, and now intend on using and raising her skills up. Why do so many Servants need bones tho.........

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thanks to spamming the event roulette I finally saved up my 20 great knight medals and ascended MHXA to tier 3 :toot:

her grim-reaper outfit rules but the wonky hand art is bothering me whenever I see it on the game menu

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

dogsicle posted:

what makes you say that? Nito is flexible and self-sufficient with her farming options only being limited by class/rarity and some RNG. Atalante doesn't really stand out until Skadi, and picking based on an assumption you'll roll Skadi is dangerous.

I like running Quick Teams even when Buster Memes are more efficient and Atalante's Beyond Arcadia is a better team-wide Quick buff than Alexander's Omen of the Conqueror, I would like to have Archer options beyond AoE Buster and ST Arts, and what I like about Nitocris is her character, not her mechanics, so the fact I have her Assassin version is enough to satisfy me on that front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

coolusername posted:

Basically with double skadi and the right quick servants you can farm an event with as many bonuses as possible. Kinda like how people are doing it right now with surfer mordred.