Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah Tanjiro's sword and half his skeleton are broken (not that that seems to slow him down much).

I wonder if they're due a promotion because of the whole not getting slaughtered like the rest of the chumps thing?

I'm not sure how half the slayers that went on the mountain made it through selection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mimesweeper posted:

Yea the anime isn't doing poor Zenitsu any favors, he's a lot more relatable in the comic as the normal guy stuck in the crazy world.

They dialed the annoying up to 11 and it's annoying.

they didn't do anything to zenitsu. it's just way more annoying to actually hear him yelling than it is to read it

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

paragon1 posted:

Yeah Tanjiro's sword and half his skeleton are broken (not that that seems to slow him down much).

I wonder if they're due a promotion because of the whole not getting slaughtered like the rest of the chumps thing?

I'm not sure how half the slayers that went on the mountain made it through selection.

Won't happen this season but Tanjiro's promotion scene is a thing of beauty.

Manatee Cannon posted:

they didn't do anything to zenitsu. it's just way more annoying to actually hear him yelling than it is to read it

That's basically it. I imagined him loud, not screeching.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The next big scene after the recovery arc here is really good because it features something I don't recall ever really happening in a Shonen I recall reading.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Why would someone not only thing Zenitsu as a character was a good idea, but direct the va to screech as annoyingly as possible for every millisecond of Zenitsu screentime? It drags down an otherwise solid show.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Does the Japanese fanbase find him as annoying as we do?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really enjoy Zenitsu a lot.:)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love Inosuke to death and Zenitsu is Fine, but there was a bit there when they were on screen together that I was sincerely getting a headache from all the yelling

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Zenitsu is pretty funny most of the time tbh.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like zenitsu even more when voiced because the performance is so fitting. it's some praiseworthy va work to commit so hard to the character.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
KNY's producer says Zenitsu is one of his favourite parts of the adaptation.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
let zenitsu into your heart

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Does that article saying "full series adaptation" mean Ufotable's going to keep going after episode 26?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The manga appears at least to be in it's final arc so it may be done before a second season could conceivably be finished. This would make figuring out a seasonal schedule to adapt the whole thing easier I imagine.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fabricated posted:

The manga appears at least to be in it's final arc so it may be done before a second season could conceivably be finished. This would make figuring out a seasonal schedule to adapt the whole thing easier I imagine.

How many seasons worth of material would you estimate they have based on the current pace?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this season's prob gonna end around ch 50 or so and the most recent ch is around 170, so I'm gonna guess the full series will be around 4 seasons

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

There Bias Two posted:

How many seasons worth of material would you estimate they have based on the current pace?

It's hard to judge on an a weekly action series, but if it helps any it seems they'll be fitting ~52 chapters in 26 episodes, and there's 173 chapters currently out.

Certainly enough material already for another 2 double cour seasons, plus whatever it'll take to fit in the last arc.

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

The water effect on the blade is mostly hand drawn? Jesus

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wish inosuke got cool sword effects

or even any moves to show off at all in the early part of the story

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Inosuke needs the ability to call in and control about 30-50 feral hogs.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

He needs a sword trail that's just a million copy-pasted JPGs of angry IRL pigs

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i wish inosuke got cool sword effects

or even any moves to show off at all in the early part of the story

Why would they bothering giving cool effects to a weak character

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He really is pathetic

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My only regret with the series is that it's really fast pacing robbed us of a couple more battles we definitely could've had where everyone gets to strut their stuff more.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Why would they bothering giving cool effects to a weak character

*grumbles hoarsely*

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

*breathes menacingly*

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

paragon1 posted:

Inosuke needs the ability to call in and control about 30-50 feral hogs.

But this is the 1910s, personal automatic weapons are just becoming a thing in WWI Europe. Where's anyone supposed to get one in Japan?

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'd be really happy if they give this more seasons but I would also be shocked since I don't recall ufotable ever doing a series for more than two cour before. It'd be a legit first for them.

If it's not confirmed after it finishes airing though I'm diving headlong into the manga for sure.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
given the insane popularity of this show the only thing preventing another season would be ufotable going to prison for tax crimes.

anecdotally the show is popular enough that not only have they rushed out figures while its first season is still airing (difficult to do and rare) but if you shop around places like akihabara its clear that retailers are confident enough in the product already to price gouge nezuko figures

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

ViggyNash posted:

Why would someone not only thing Zenitsu as a character was a good idea, but direct the va to screech as annoyingly as possible for every millisecond of Zenitsu screentime? It drags down an otherwise solid show.

Just think of Zenitsu as Kimetsu no Yaiba's Jar Jar Binks and watch all the scenes he's in at 2x speed with the volume turned down. Don't let the character ruin this otherwise stellar anime for you.

Pretty sure one day someone will edit all zenitsu's yelling scenes together and put them in a youtube video named "shonen gonorrhea".

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I like Zenitsu. I have full confidence he will get an arc that merges his two selves.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like everything about Zenitsu except his default mood and method of engaging with other people that he spends about 70% of his screentime in.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Once Zenitsu's character was established, there wasn't really any reason to show him freaking out for 10 minutes at everything as that can be inferred. They could cut out 60% of his lines and still get the point across.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Once Zenitsu's character was established, there wasn't really any reason to show him freaking out for 10 minutes at everything as that can be inferred. They could cut out 60% of his lines and still get the point across.

100%

I like the idea of Zenitsu, but abhor the execution. There's some really strong character development potential there witch him learning to believe in himself. It would also serve as a nice parallel to pig boy discovering humility and overcoming his hubris.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 13, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Zenitsu is perfect and should be in every scene

Whenever he's gone people should be turning off the show

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Shinjobi posted:

Zenitsu is perfect and should be in every scene

Whenever he's gone people should be turning off the show

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

but then i'd miss the inosuke scenes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like you'd lose very little if zenitsu was removed from the series entirely

inosuke, on the other hand, has legit some of the best panels in the manga. there are some really good gags with him

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

I feel like you'd lose very little if zenitsu was removed from the series entirely

That's a little harsh - I really liked how they played his backstory when he was fighting Spider Bro, I just wish they'd do more with it. Kind of how I feel about a lot of this series' writing - what's here is generally pretty good, IMO, just underwritten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
thinking about when inosuke bent backwards so he could stick his head under his legs while grabbing his heels

what power