Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

Go out and vote if you’re in Manitoba assholes

I'm voting after work.

Vote you Manitoban fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Voted last thursday you fuckbuckets.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

I've convinced my parents to vote. They're not fans of Pallister so it wasn't very hard.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So people who are already elected can just put signs on the city boulevard? The PC fuckstick for my area has his signs on the boulevard leading up to the voting place.

James Teitsma in case you're wondering.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Signage rules are a municipality-by-municipality thing, but there shouldn't be different rules for incumbents.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Vintersorg posted:

So people who are already elected can just put signs on the city boulevard? The PC fuckstick for my area has his signs on the boulevard leading up to the voting place.

James Teitsma in case you're wondering.

Signs can’t be within 50m of a polling place

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yah they sorta just end by the park near the voting place.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Signage rules are a municipality-by-municipality thing, but there shouldn't be different rules for incumbents.

Yeah this.

Also it's pretty routine to see campaigns put signs in places they shouldn't, because the volunteers putting them up haven't read the rules usually. Take pictures, report them to your electoral commission, the candidate might get slapped with a lot of fines.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

DariusLikewise posted:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Forum Research officially predicted

PC: 29
NDP: 22
LIB: 5
GRN: 1

Majority is 29 :smithicide:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Because it's heaven where the prairie caucus grows old and racist

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

pokeyman posted:

Alberta was thiiis close to permanent DST a couple years ago. They blinked when businesses complained.

For April Fools one year the mayor of Red Deer said that the city was going to switch to permanent DST, cause she was from Saskatchewan. It was pretty funny watching people freak out for a couple hours.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/ctvottawa/status/1171471595325407234

IT BEGINS!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

Bleeeeeghhhahhahahahehxiwbs

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

littleorv posted:

Bleeeeeghhhahhahahahehxiwbs

Bit early for a new thread title innit?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Thin sliver of hope, if whatever margin of error the poll used falls on the "less seats" side, then it's a minority government?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

Well don't worry, even if the PCs get a minority the libs will vote with the Government to ensure Stability and Security

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Federal election starts Wednesday, voting on October 21st.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/richardzussman/status/1171487455708471296
:toot:

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

pokeyman posted:

Alberta was thiiis close to permanent DST a couple years ago. They blinked when businesses complained.

Should've just eliminated DST instead.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So apparently someone at our voting place tried to turn away Mrs. Randalor for only bringing one piece of photo ID. She dug in her heels and was allowed to vote after she pointed out the signage at the entrance says 1 piece of photo ID required, not multiple.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Voted this morning on the way to the bus, Inshallah

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Green campaign still going great:

https://twitter.com/LucFortin/status/1171511802963746816

(The NDP has plenty of sovereigntist MPs/candidates but the party gets them to shut up about sovereignty)

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Pals, Maxime Bernier is facing a hot new up-and-coming challenger from the Rhinoceros Party:

Maxime Bernier.

https://election.ctvnews.ca/maxime-bernier-faces-new-challenger-in-beauce-riding-maxime-bernier-1.4586991#_gus

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

I hope that Maxime Bernier (PP) loses the seat by fewer votes than Maxime Bernier (RP) gets. So many PP tears.

There's a Rhinoceros Party candidate in my riding which is very exciting. I'll still probably vote NDP but it's good know that there's a backup option.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Another vote for the NDP, this time in Southdale.
Trying not to get my hopes up, but a Conservative minority is at least somewhat possible.

Edit: Get out and vote you fucks

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Pals, Maxime Bernier is facing a hot new up-and-coming challenger from the Rhinoceros Party:

Maxime Bernier.

https://election.ctvnews.ca/maxime-bernier-faces-new-challenger-in-beauce-riding-maxime-bernier-1.4586991#_gus

Yay, another dumb week of free media for the white nationalist party running at 2%.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Chalk up another NDP vote. If Islam wins, I will drink deep the tears of outrage from right wing idiots (the NDP candidate for Seine River is literally named Islam)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1171567797517922304?s=19

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

The Green campaign still going great:

https://twitter.com/LucFortin/status/1171511802963746816

(The NDP has plenty of sovereigntist MPs/candidates but the party gets them to shut up about sovereignty)

In a statement to the Star Tuesday evening, Green spokesperson Rosie Emery said any MP representing the party would be allowed to espouse separatist views because the unity of Canada is “not one of the party’s core values.”

“Although the Green party has the utmost respect for the unique culture of Quebec, it does not support the sovereigntist movement,” Emery said in an emailed statement. “However, (the Green party) does not whip votes and individual MPs are allowed to express their own opinions on this matter. Since our position on Quebec sovereignty is not one of the party’s core values, candidates who support the movement are not screened out by our vetting process.”

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
im loving the new green party platform of "vote for us and your candidate will do whatever, gently caress it, we have no idea"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NDP cast in Raddison (essentially Transcona).

No hope.

Listening to Down.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I pitched in another 50$ to the Federal NDP.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

How hard is it to reverse privatization?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

gently caress you guys I'm voting for Jenny Kwan again

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Juul-Whip posted:

gently caress you guys I'm voting for Jenny Kwan again

CI is that you?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

MTS privatized so hard that they got bought by one of the big three, so I'm guessing it's pretty difficult under the current political climate.

Put in my vote for Adrien Sala.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Vintersorg posted:

I remember hearing an anecdote about a prison that cost something like 10 million taxpayer dollars to build many years back and a private firm came and bought it off them for 2 million. The government says "hey we just pocketed 2 million for something we needed to build anyway, and its off our hands for operating costs!" Years later, there was a riot, due to the demeaning conditions that the private firm instituted, and the prison burned down badly enough that they had to replace the entire thing. The private company that bought it refused to pay any of the costs and filed for bankrupty and so the Government had to build another prison and it added another 30 million on top of the original so the government is out on the dole for $38,000,000.. but hey its back in public hands again.

So I guess the answer is the moment it becomes a colossal failure, unprofitable, bankrupt, burned down and then getting the government to re-build the institution in question again for an even greater amount of money than the previous incarnation.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Spoil your vote for electoral reform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Vintersorg posted:

Telling people to make less money is usually poorly recieved.

It's fuckin hard to go back. God help out healthcare system if two tiered stuff continues to get snuck in through my lifespan.