Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

man nurse posted:

You have to wait until it’s up for preorder. It’s definitely eligible though.

Deadly Premonition just got a patch. Hope this fixes the sound issues.

I hope it's a better version now because man I wanna get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Star Ocean PSP remake is getting an HD port and Squeenix just announced it's coming west in December. Anyone played it on PSP? Is it deece?

https://twitter.com/StarOcean/status/1171453528222552067

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

man nurse posted:

Deadly Premonition just got a patch. Hope this fixes the sound issues.
If it doesn't have dumb bugs, is it really Deadly Premonition?

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Sakurazuka posted:

All Star Ocean games are variations of insanely bad so no

I actually really liked Star Ocean II a lot on PS1. But for the life of me I can't remember why.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Klisejo posted:

I actually really liked Star Ocean II a lot on PS1. But for the life of me I can't remember why.

It was anime and had a lot of cg. And had space travel. But yeah, it was actually kind of mediocre, albeit with great production values at the time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Blasphemous dropped today. Looks gorgeous and really difficult. Anyone try it out yet?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Policenaut posted:

I hope it's a better version now because man I wanna get it.

It still looks and runs like absolute poo poo, but the sound bugs seem to be gone.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Hey, a game I've helped promote in the past has a release date and it's coming up fast!

Crossniq+ is a puzzle game with a Y2K feel.
Loads of game types and accessibility options.

Plus, it's pretty cheap!

https://twitter.com/crossniq/status/1171201464066347008?s=19

I remember you posting this. I'll definitely pick it up. It looks like a lost Dreamcast game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

man nurse posted:

It's weird because I swear I was able to pre-order (and use a voucher) for Link's Awakening like 2 months before the release, and Luigi's Mansion 3 is less than 2 months away. :shrug: I'll just keep waiting.

And holy poo poo a week from Friday I'll be playing Link's Awakening. Hell yeah.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

sigher posted:

It's weird because I swear I was able to pre-order (and use a voucher) for Link's Awakening like 2 months before the release, and Luigi's Mansion 3 is less than 2 months away. :shrug: I'll just keep waiting.

And holy poo poo a week from Friday I'll be playing Link's Awakening. Hell yeah.

You can spend a voucher and download TMS Encore right now, and it comes out in January. There is no rhyme or reason besides when Nintendo turns on the preloading switch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Blasphemous dropped today. Looks gorgeous and really difficult. Anyone try it out yet?

No but I'll pick it up soon! It looks amazing. They put a lot of effort into getting it smooth handheld and docked.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Do we know the cost of Goose Game yet?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I would have bought the voucher if Nintendo had Animal Crossing up for preorder at the time.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Kart Barfunkel posted:

$14.99 at release, $19.99 following.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Inzombiac posted:

Yes, it's great. Some of the platforming is frustrating (a snowy mountain with wind that pushes you combined with platforms which drop down when you touch them and plenty of wall jumping) but not in a bad way. It's very much combat oriented with blocking and dodging stuff. Runs smoothly and the controls are good.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

man nurse posted:

It still looks and runs like absolute poo poo, but the sound bugs seem to be gone.

Well, that's an improvement I guess! I'll hold on for some more performance patches but it's good to know they're moving upwards.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Unleashing a disgruntled Goose upon innocent villagers is a wicked and cruel-enough price.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

romanowski posted:

I can't read "Edelgard" as anything other than "Edgelord" and I'm sure I'm not the only one but I've never seen anyone else bring it up

I talked to an Edelgard in real life just today and i'm pretty sure what you said is very offensive

check your English privilege

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Policenaut posted:

Well, that's an improvement I guess! I'll hold on for some more performance patches but it's good to know they're moving upwards.

I mean, it's Deadly Premonition. I wouldn't hold your breath for any performance improvements.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You can absolutely gear and play well enough to get through almost any significant level differences in Xeno 1.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, there's never any reason to hold your breath, despite what the tutorial says

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Policenaut posted:

bad performance is an essential part of the deadly premonition experience

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

hughesta posted:

bad performance is an essential part of the deadly premonition experience

Yeah and I'd like it to perform as least bad as possible (US 360)

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I bought Mario Odyssey yesterday and hopefully will be able to play it tonight! I've stayed mostly blind about it (I would shut out all switch news and reviews for the 2 1/2 years where we couldn't afford to get one) so is there anything I should know before jumping in? Missables etc?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I bought Mario Odyssey yesterday and hopefully will be able to play it tonight! I've stayed mostly blind about it (I would shut out all switch news and reviews for the 2 1/2 years where we couldn't afford to get one) so is there anything I should know before jumping in? Missables etc?

No missables. Stay blind and enjoy the amazing game.:)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

I don't think there is. You can play it all the way through and then go back and re-play it again to your heart's content.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is Deadly Premonition a game similar to Until Dawn or is it more RE?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Beastie posted:

It's Twin Peaks the game. Gameplay wise? Doesn't really matter cause it's Twin Peaks the game.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Beastie posted:

the combat gameplay is very bootleg RE4 but you spend vastly more time messing around in the "open world" learning about and helping the townsfolk

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CYBEReris posted:

the combat gameplay is very bootleg RE4 but you spend vastly more time messing around in the "open world" learning about and helping the townsfolk

The combat gameplay is also the worst part of the game but it's made trivially easy in these newer versions. The director originally didn't want combat in the game and it shows.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CYBEReris posted:

"Bootleg RE4" is really loving generous to DP. The combat is very bad.

great game though

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

There's a system update now which lets you set alarms in games... fully embracing the f2p timers?

quote:

Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just when I had basically made peace with my $40 Bloodstained purchase being money flushed down the drain Blasphemous comes out with 20 people calling it “the game I wish Bloodstained had been” and now I feel like drinking myself to sleep with my Switch in my lap.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

In Stardew Valley, what are those tiles that have 3 little "bubbles" that are different colors?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Thanks for the replies about Deadly Premonition. Will likely be picking that up once the weather turns lovely.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Artix posted:

You can spend a voucher and download TMS Encore right now, and it comes out in January. There is no rhyme or reason besides when Nintendo turns on the preloading switch.

lol, welp, Nintendo's gotta Nintendo I guess. No big deal, I just would like to preorder it, use my second voucher and then not have to think about it until the day of release.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Beastie posted:

Thanks for the replies about Deadly Premonition. Will likely be picking that up once the weather turns lovely.

The weather's been lovely here since May. I can't wait for it to get super nice.

Deadly Premonition is basically Twin Peaks Shenmue.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Am I thinking of a different game, or is DP by the same guy who did Heavy Rain? I thought everyone outright hated it (DP that is).

Edit: David Cage?

Edit 2: I'm thinking of Indigo Prophecy.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 10, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Am I thinking of a different game, or is DP by the same guy who did Heavy Rain? I thought everyone outright hated it (DP that is).

Cage did not do Deadly Premonition. Swery is behind DP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

No. DP is done by Swery65 who is cool and good unlike David Cage.

I'm friends with Swery on Facebook and he always wishes me happy birthday and comments on pictures of my cats.:3: