Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

"Protecting Our European Way of Life" sounds really sinister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

maybe it sounds anodyne in french or w/e language

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1171400551931752449

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahahahah omfg

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

All of them white.

Meanwhile, a Dutch MP:

quote:

The only threat to “our way of life” is autocrats and populists like Orbán, Kaczinsky or Johnson, trampling all over the rule of law, fundamental rights and democracy. Instead of creating fake portfolios, the Commission should show some more guts in upholding the values we have laid down in our treaties, laws and case law.

Ditch UvdL and make her president.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

hire more women guards

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

primitive europe believes you can have diversity w merely 2 genders

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
^^^ True diversity is being able to differentiate between 50 shades of white people

Squizzle posted:

maybe it sounds anodyne in french or w/e language

Nope.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

From the list of commissioners:

Paolo Gentiloni (Italy), Economy
Valdis Dombrovskis (Latvia), An Economy that Works for People

The jokes write themselves.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol liberals

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

gschmidl posted:

From the list of commissioners:

Paolo Gentiloni (Italy), Economy
Valdis Dombrovskis (Latvia), An Economy that Works for People

The jokes write themselves.

starting to see what they mean about brexit tbh

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I love Guardian columnist pictures

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Very british to leave just before Europe goes full fash

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Kurtofan posted:

Very british to leave just before Europe goes full fash

History shows we'll be back in again in a few years though.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's really high-level Continental humor, not something the average Anglo would be able to understand. I've helpfully added some notes:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

euphronius posted:

i know this is in English but I can’t understand anything about it

it is actual time.and effort being devoted to something that does not Make Number Go Up

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
more like brexSHIT, is my opinion

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

The Narrator posted:

Is a VONC followed by an election, or a VONC followed by a confidence vote in a new MP, the only way to remove a PM in this case under the FTPM? Say, if a PM deliberately acts unlawfully but there isn't sufficient numbers or political will for a VONC--is that an edge case based on decorum and tradition that isn't planned against?

I don't think there's anything that excludes a PM who acts unlawfully from staying in office if they have the confidence of the house. Afaik, if he maintains the confidence of the house he would have to get a custodial sentence of a year or more to lose office by losing his seat.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jose posted:

lol if boris has got cold feet after actually seeing what no deal brexit is going to do but he's committed to it now

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1171359103601532928

lmao imagine falling for this

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

EU Commissioner for securing the existence of our people and a future for white children.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Our European way of life used to be inbreeding and infighting 24/7.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Avirosb posted:

Our European way of life used to be inbreeding and infighting 24/7.

And by god we'll get there again!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

in these brexitious times plz spare a thought for lady thatcher who is now and eternally ushering purple rods in hell

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/ThimontJack/status/1171383727307546624?s=19

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

thinking that bojo is a uk analogue of william henry harrison, who chugged sewer water, died a month inter his term, and triggered a constitutional crisis

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Wait, even this has precedent?

https://twitter.com/labourlewis/status/1171239447846895617

e: also can some Brit please explain how this ties in? https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/dec/04/john-bercow-guide-understanding-women

gschmidl has issued a correction as of 15:24 on Sep 10, 2019

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it's the oldest functioning (well, ostensibly functioning) parliament in the world which throughout its existence has fought the monarch tooth and nail for every scrap of power it could get and which has faced all sorts of creative opposition tactics. if there's some way the sovereign can gently caress with parliament within the basic context of its rules, it's been done

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
How can this poo poo keep going for another Month and a half Christ.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

ReelBigLizard posted:

I'm doing an order of enamel pin badges for a client this week. If I tacked on some small JFC logo pins would there be any interest?

Yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

remember when Muslims ran vast swaths of Europe for like ... ever

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

and did a hell of a better job of it than the euros ever did

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

euphronius posted:

Also the indigenous Muslim populations in Bosnia, Kosovo, Albania, and other spots that these sort of people always just kinda forget entirely.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
brexit

https://twitter.com/NeerajKA/status/1171462987653083136

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/alreadytaken74/status/1171149973418889216

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

yea king charles hated parliament and dismissed it all the them when he thought he had enough money and didn’t need it. when he did it in 1629 he didn’t call for a new parliament for several years. then he called them back and was a big bitch and tried to arrest several MPs as they sat in the commons. that was unsuccessful because he was 4’9” or whatever and I imagine had the fortitude of a new kitten. that added to the anger against him in what became a civil war that ultimately resulted in his decapitation. but then later the English lost their minds even more and asked his son to reestablish the monarchy

anyway I’ll have an oreo shake

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
They invited his son back because it turns out being run by a protestant Taliban wasn't any better than having a monarch, and they figured at least the son of the guy they decapitated would be more compliant than the vicious crew of Christian fundamentalists that went on to found America.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

who is this handsome devil?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Helsing posted:

They invited his son back because it turns out being run by a protestant Taliban wasn't any better than having a monarch, and they figured at least the son of the guy they decapitated would be more compliant than the vicious crew of Christian fundamentalists that went on to found America.

they invited his son back because he looked adorable hiding up in a tree

all presiding over a rump govt of squirrels and nuthatches

it was v cute

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

who is this handsome devil?
brexit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ugh, hate it when an arrogant warlock summons a Brexit Elemental that they have no means to banish.