Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Is it the same guy that posted this:
i guess it makes sense tom moved his posting to reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

This is likely the most idiotic take on racism I’ve ever read.

Surely you remember some of the cracking posts from the Suarez racism saga

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Byolante posted:

Surely you remember some of the cracking posts from the Suarez racism saga

out pops a smiling glen johnson

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Tbf negrito is not a racist term in South America in the right context

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Weaponized Cum posted:

Is saying it to a black Frenchman during an argument the right context or the wrong context, help me out here I'm not very good with brain teasers

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

This is a road we should definitely go down

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Weaponized Cum posted:

Can we not do this.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’d rather be a negrito than a turk

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bape Culture posted:

I’d rather be a negrito than a turk

Excuse me but the non-racist South American term is turkito.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

CyberPingu posted:

Can we not do this.

Please please please please please

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Weaponized Cum posted:

The funnier part is when the statement to the FA from the club said he definitely didn't say that he said the nbomb

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Can we not do this.

You're right

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Byolante posted:

The funnier part is when the statement to the FA from the club said he definitely didn't say that he said the nbomb

Also the t-shirts

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

sticksy posted:

Also the t-shirts

That era of Liverpool was the best. Remember when the lovely baseball blogger was made director of communications and threatened a guy making up transfer rumors on reddit in a motorway little chef like he was in the godfather.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

out pops a scowling kenny dalglish saying “he said ˈneɡɾo, not ˈniːɡɹəʊ”

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 7, 2019

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1171463322522148870
gently caress

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ban Iran from all FIFA-sanctioned events and ban them from the 2023 AFC Asian Cup.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpkcGOcFHIs

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Vagabundo posted:

Ban Iran from all FIFA-sanctioned events and ban them from the 2023 AFC Asian Cup.

hey, FIFA, i hear John Bolton needs a job...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vagabundo posted:

Oh no no, don't worry. FIFA are "in talks" with them and "hope for a resolution" before the World Cup Qualifiers start.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Vagabundo posted:

That would get strong support from the oil based slave states in the region because it would mean once more spot open for their teams of naturalized foreigners who had their passports confiscated to qualify for the death cup in qatar

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49665419

quote:

Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan has received a suspended jail sentence of nearly three years for firing a gun in a hospital after a fight with a singer.

Turan - currently on loan to Istanbul Basaksehir - got into a brawl with Berkay Sahin last year which ended with a broken nose for the pop star.

The footballer, 32, then turned up at the hospital and shot at the floor

:wtc:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Ronald is the real victim here :qq:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/juventus/story/3944080/ronaldo-i-felt-embarrassed-by-rape-allegations

quote:

"They play with your dignity," Ronaldo told 'Good Morning Britain' in an interview with Piers Morgan that will air on Tuesday in Great Britain. "It's hard. You have a girlfriend, you have a family, you have kids. When they play with your honesty, it's bad, it's hard.

"I remember one day I was at home in the living room with my girlfriend watching the television to see the news and they speak about 'Cristiano Ronaldo this and that.'

"I listened to my kids coming down the stairs and I changed the channel because I was embarrassed.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I was just coming to post that. When I saw it pop up on my phone, I did a double take. I thought it had to be one of those headlines that was truncated by the character limit in a weird way.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

piers morgan definitely strikes me as the kind of person who loudly complains that #metoo has gone too far and you can’t even tweet creep shots of your coworkers delicious feet without the sjws getting all offended about it

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

More compliments from Italian football

quote:

An Italian television station says it will not use one of its pundits again after he made a racist comment about Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku.

Speaking on TopCalcio24, Luciano Passirani said: "If you go one-on-one with him he will murder you.

"The only way to come up against him is maybe give him 10 bananas to eat..."

"Mr Passirani is 80 years old and to compliment Lukaku he used a metaphor that turned out to be racist," added Ravezzani.

D'oh, what a silly thing to do. You want to pay a player a compliment but instead you say something disgustingly racist. *Womp Womp*

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bessantj posted:

D'oh, what a silly thing to do. You want to pay a player a compliment but instead you say something disgustingly racist. *Womp Womp*

They don't have Italian equivalents for "explosive" or "naturally gifted athlete?" (these are super common in the NFL)

qirex fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 17, 2019

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

qirex posted:

They don't have Italian equivalents for "explosive" or "naturally gifted athlete?" (these are super common in the NFL)

"Modesto"

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

qirex posted:

The same withered old oval office said this earlier:

quote:

I don’t see another player like him on any other team in Italy. He is one of the strongest, I like him a lot because he has that strength: he is the twin of [Dúvan] Zapata at Atalanta

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The Italian version of “athletic” is “mostro” or “bestia”, meaning beast or monster. It’s worse than the English equivalents imo.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Here in the self-proclaimed "happiest country in the world" a U-11 match had to be stopped because parents were yelling "negro maricón" (among other things) to a 10 year old boy and drove him to tears.

This made the news but only because the boy is the little brother of a first division player. I have worked with youth football and this sort of thing happens all the time because get this: people are the worst.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Simone Poodoin posted:

Here in the self-proclaimed "happiest country in the world" a U-11 match had to be stopped because parents were yelling "negro maricón" (among other things) to a 10 year old boy and drove him to tears.

This made the news but only because the boy is the little brother of a first division player. I have worked with youth football and this sort of thing happens all the time because get this: people are the worst.

It’s very tough for Northern Europeans to understand how they have no racism.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Are we sure it wasn't the kid's grandson shouting it at him?

Edit: can't remember me Suarez racisms

Pat Mustard fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 17, 2019

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Okay who was this?

https://deadspin.com/nutty-blackmail-plot-involves-well-known-premier-leag-1838290189

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

We just need to narrow it down to a player that wears designer track suits, a Rolex, and who cheats on his spouse.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1175165805597732864?s=20

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

2019 has so broken my brain i read that as beardsley wanting to FA to look into him being bullied after being called racist

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I don’t even understand it. Is that a photo of benjamin mendy? Is he saying that he looks like that cartoon that looks nothing like him?