Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I feel like the answer to the thread title is probably "it's been two years and they haven't stopped digging."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Sandman posted:

I feel like the answer to the thread title is probably "it's been two years and they haven't stopped digging."

That's not how you spell "twenty"

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Iron Crowned posted:

I was just going by the first post in the thread, not by when the Simpsons started to suck. The latter is probably a lot more subjective.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

PinheadSlim posted:

I found a list compiled by a website called nohomers.net from 2003 of the top 50 worst episodes (according to the couple of dozen people who voted in the poll :v:)

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/NoHomers.net%27s_50_Worst_episodes

45/50 of these episodes are from season 10 onward. Impressive, considering there were only 14 seasons at the time. This is I think, definitive proof that Al Jean is the worst thing to happen to the Simpsons ever.

Supposedly my mother-in-law went to highschool with him, I'm gonna ask her about him next time I see her.

Even then in at the beginning of the bad old days of the Simpsons, there were some great zingers in the overall bad episodes. In Saddlesore Galactica, Homer demanding that BTO play his favorite song over and over again (but skipping to the "working overtime" part with the solo) was a pretty good gag.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

The Sandman posted:

Dig up, stupid

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Was looking for ammo for the thread, and ended up on this video. I think it's just a bunch of random stuff cut together, but the only thing that grabbed me was how awful Quimby's voice sounded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8DBcv5bk_g&t=155s

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Plan Z posted:

Was looking for ammo for the thread, and ended up on this video. I think it's just a bunch of random stuff cut together, but the only thing that grabbed me was how awful Quimby's voice sounded:

Cletus sounds like poo poo too.

Wingus
Dec 3, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I think you mean "dickety"

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Plan Z posted:

Holy poo poo everybody sounds terrible. Every single character. Why are people watching this??

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

thought some might find this interesting:

https://twitter.com/renegadecut/sta...%3D2611%23pti20

watching the video right now

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol some famous YouTube chef also had the idea to recreate Homer's New Orleans food binge, except that other lady's video drops while they're in New Orleans after weeks of planning and they get to spend the whole trip watching how much her video blew up and got millions of views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM8c31ru92A

It's sad that that lazy, mostly traced sequence is the most culturally relevant Simpsons has been in 10 years. It's like the only meme from Seasons 20-30

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

And he’s earned my unsub

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I haven't seen the New Orleans episode. Which season 1-10 episode is it?

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
It's called, 'a streetcar named marge'

there does not exist another new orleans episode, no need to look for it

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Holy poo poo, for the last month since seeing the initial recreation of the Homer binge, i thought the Simpsons did it as an actual tourism ad spot for New Orleans. I was wondering why people were so bothered by it, not that it was good, but it seemed like any other dumb commercial. It was actually for an episode that aired on TV?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You see, the joke is that homer likes food

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

iamsosmrt posted:

Holy poo poo, for the last month since seeing the initial recreation of the Homer binge, i thought the Simpsons did it as an actual tourism ad spot for New Orleans. I was wondering why people were so bothered by it, not that it was good, but it seemed like any other dumb commercial. It was actually for an episode that aired on TV?

Yeah, they had a "The Simpsons are Going to New Orleans!" episode, and it was a super kiss-rear end love letter to the city.

I guess maybe to make up for pissing New Orleans off with this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuQjoaYIwQA

The New Orleans Fox affiliate refused to air that episode and I think the mayor wrote Fox a letter or something? City got super butthurt.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And the next week Bart was writing I WILL NOT DEFAME NEW ORLEANS on the blackboard.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, they had a "The Simpsons are Going to New Orleans!" episode, and it was a super kiss-rear end love letter to the city.

That just sounds terrible

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

Lisa Gets the Blues

quote:

As Lisa gets kicked out of class by Dewey Largo, she goes on the street, where Sideshow Mel and Lindsey Naegle are watching, enjoying her music, but, after Ralph comes out with a tuba stuck on his head, Largo tells Lisa she should quit playing her saxophone, making her cry and trying to make her give up on her dream.

At the school playground, Bart makes a prank on Jimbo but is caught by Kearney and Dolph, so they dress him as Little Orphan Annie and they make him sing at the cafeteria, while kids start throwing food at him.

At home, Marge tries to make her change her mind, but she can't play in front of Homer, Grampa and Maggie. At the computer, she finds out she has the Yips disorder.

A parent of Marge, Eunice Bouvier, invites them to Florida for her 100th birthday, so they board the plane to Gainesville, but when Homer causes a ruckus in the plane, the pilot changes destination to New Orleans, leaving Eunice alone for her birthday.

On arriving they split up, Marge with Bart and Maggie and Homer with Lisa. Homer tries to cheer her up but fails and they go around the city, with Homer eating stuff everywhere, stuffing himself up.

Marge brings Bart to a voodoo shop, Madame Midnight House Of Voodoo, where he buys voodoo of the bullies, while Marge prays for a normal trip for the family without their demons.

To help Lisa find her confidence again in jazz, the statue of Louis Armstrong comes to life and gives her advice, including following what his father says.

While Bart starts using voodoo on the bullies, Homer brings her to The Spotted Cat Music Club, and is invited to the stage by Bleeding Gums Murphy's nephew, who knows her thanks to a picture of his uncle and her playing on the bridge.

The nephew says Murphy said she was the most promising young musician he ever met, and that gives her incentive to play and gets her out of the Yips disorder. At home, Lisa is back to her playing, and is visited Louis Armstrong's ghost too. At the end, Homer, Lisa and Bart eat beignet at Cafe Du Monde.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Pardon me but I believe it was stated that Bleeding Guns Murphy didn't know his family. Sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I like the very strained use of English language and idiom in this summary.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why "a parent of Marge" has to be the weirdest possible way of saying "Marge's mother".

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

:stonklol:

Iron Crowned posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thesaurus posted:

The only people who are big enough fans of late-era Simpsons to update the Wiki are people watching it to learn English.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr Interweb posted:

thought some might find this interesting:

watching the video right now

pity reply

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

:glomp:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PostNouveau posted:

lol some famous YouTube chef also had the idea to recreate Homer's New Orleans food binge, except that other lady's video drops while they're in New Orleans after weeks of planning and they get to spend the whole trip watching how much her video blew up and got millions of views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM8c31ru92A

It's sad that that lazy, mostly traced sequence is the most culturally relevant Simpsons has been in 10 years. It's like the only meme from Seasons 20-30

Hey, lay off Babish, that dude's cool :colbert: https://youtu.be/27mUWs2wjPs

I also liked the video you posted.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 11, 2019

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thesaurus posted:

It's bizarrely written, mostly correct but every sentence is slightly off

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

B'oh

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

It's bizarrely written, mostly correct but every sentence is slightly off

It feels like the whole summary was procedurally generated. The grammar is just slightly wrong, with the characters and plot seemingly picked at random.

We've never had a fake episode summary in this thread, have we. They're all real.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
When the Simpsons’ flight to Gainesville gets re-routed to New Orleans, Lisa is forced to face her failures, and regain her confidence as a jazz musician. Meanwhile, Bart is intrigued by the voodoo in Louisiana, and Homer is intrigued by the drinking. Also, Bart tries to sell a guitar he has made out of pieces of his intestines, and Lisa is excited to visit the local antique auction. Homer is excited to be in college - and to be able to see all of the amazing things from Homer's college years. The episode opens as the Homer family is traveling by air over the Caribbean, which is not the same as being on a plane. When Marge comes to get Homer and Maggie, she is greeted by one of Bart's favorite characters, The Kwik-E-Mart. The Kwik-E-Mart is in fact, a real store, and the Kwik-E-Mart is really the Springfield Kwik-E-Mart, and the Simpsons' mother is the original owner.

The family is in New Orleans and Bart and Lisa are visiting the

When the Simpsons’ flight to Gainesville gets re-routed to New Orleans, Lisa is forced to face her failures, and regain her confidence as a jazz musician. Meanwhile, Bart is intrigued by the voodoo in Louisiana, and Homer is intrigued by the drinking. Can the couple survive?

Season 10, Episode 4: It's About Time Homer and Apu have a romantic dinner, but Homer ends up in jail for murder. While they wait, Apu, and Lisa, travel to Africa, and Homer goes back to Springfield! Finally, Apu and Lisa visit Moe's Tavern, where they meet several local folks who are friends and family of the Simpsons family.

Season 10, Episode 6: When Flanders Failed Homer and Marge must attend "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: A Totally Unauthorized Musical". Apu comes to Springfield to sing along, and when his lyrics are not up to Homer's standards, Apu goes back to Africa as a tourist. Lisa is horrified when she hears about Apu's return, but then she realizes that Homer may also be upset

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Just saw an episode with a flashback to Skinner's childhood with his mother!

WRONG WRONG WRONG *puts boot through tv screen*

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Horace posted:

Just saw an episode with a flashback to Skinner's childhood with his mother!

WRONG WRONG WRONG *puts boot through tv screen*

Steamed hams. :mmmsmug:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://www.gainesville.com/news/20180423/the-simpsons-knocks-gainesville-in-sunday-episode

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

im the writers not realizing that no one watches in flight TVs in the clip that article features

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2jGlSA2JPE

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
That actually wasn’t too terrible other than the plane riot.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

NiceGuy posted:

It's called, 'a streetcar named marge'

there does not exist another new orleans episode, no need to look for it

there does and it's called 'Chief Wiggum, P.I.'

but that's it, nothing else

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

That actually wasn’t too terrible other than the plane riot.

Yeah, just a pretty boring clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I keep saying it, but I will not watch any recent Simpsons until Julie Kavner puts out a press release assuring us that she's not in horrible pain doing that voice.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 12, 2019