Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

DC Murderverse posted:

this is gonna be a big test of the NFL's domestic violence policy, are they gonna come out right now and say "you gotta stop playing" or are they gonna be wishy-washy and say "well we don't know enough yet"

I mean he at least has to end up on the commissioners exempt list like Tyreek did during the investigation phase right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean he at least has to end up on the commissioners exempt list like Tyreek did during the investigation phase right?

Tyreek was never on that list I don’t think he just wasn’t allowed by the team to attend workouts for a while.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DC Murderverse posted:

this is gonna be a big test of the NFL's domestic violence policy, are they gonna come out right now and say "you gotta stop playing" or are they gonna be wishy-washy and say "well we don't know enough yet"

I think you know what will happen

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ches Neckbeard posted:

didn't that happen during the off season though? I wonder if the NFL would think twice about it during the season because they're a bunch of craven shitheads

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I can read all these words, but I have no real idea what any of it means.

He seems to think she's some sort of gardening tool

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

But seriously. gently caress Barstool Sports.

https://twitter.com/KFCBarstool/status/1171586997426839552

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm sure Robert Kraft will come down hard on bahahahahahahaha

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

league's gonna say they aren't doing anything until a verdict and then find a chudge to put the court date off until March

BaggySteve
Dec 4, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
AB is innocent

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1170215266527141889?s=19

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Well, that appears to be it for Antonio Brown.

What a bizarre, bizarre 9 months.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I would think that the NFL would have done it themselves if the Chiefs didn't tell him to stay home indefinitely, but who knows what procedure Roger has made up for whatever week it currently is.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

Well, that appears to be it for Antonio Brown.

What a bizarre, bizarre 9 months.

lol if you think things are gonna get less stupid and insane and not more

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Good enough for the people defending Tyreek. No guilty man has ever proclaimed innocence

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

fsif posted:

Yeah I don't think even Dave Portnoy is going to go there. The accusations are horrifying and credible.

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1171590962696663040

BaggySteve
Dec 4, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sad goons already saying he is guilty. Yikes

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Welp I sure was wrong.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Sigh I hate this poo poo. gently caress Barstool so hard.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Certainly seems like someone wins however this all turns out

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I don't think the feds would've gotten involved if they sniffed extortion

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

latinotwink1997 posted:

No one is asking the important questions.

Does Brady still want him to stay at his house?

Well I wouldn't turn my back to him, that's for sure.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ok but in the meantime he shouldn’t be allowed to play football. Release him and if he’s somehow vindicated (he won’t be) then some team can sign his rear end.

Innocent until proven guilty means we don’t throw you in jail it doesn’t mean you get to make millions playing a game.

BaggySteve
Dec 4, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ok but in the meantime he shouldn’t be allowed to play football. Release him and if he’s somehow vindicated (he won’t be) then some team can sign his rear end.

Yeah just fire anyone because of an accusation, what a stupid idea

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

TMMadman posted:

I can read all these words, but I have no real idea what any of it means.

A translation:

quote:

Email 1:

I jacked my dick on your back! Slept with you in bed! gently caress your knowledge, i’ve been all-pro before I even knew you! You hit me up online crying, I didn’t hit you up! You never left my house since you had a hotel room, you fell asleep on my couch. Get the gently caress out of here, my baby mama tricked your dumb rear end! Blast me, you’re a failure, telling everyone that you own a gym! What are you gonna blast me for, don’t loving write my phone, you have a lien, you thought it was easy to get some money from me! Using a fake name, you fake-rear end, you and your mom thought you could get money from me, get the gently caress out of here, don’t write my employees.

Email 2:

Thanks for giving us control of your life for three weeks! Next time you and your mom try to get money from me make sure you pick the right man, you dumb-asses. Maybe somebody you already had sex with, your mom is controlling your life like she’s going to help you get my money. You’re a failed gymnast, a nobody! Me and *name withheld* are laughing about this poo poo and me cumming on your back. *laughing emoji* I’ll let him know when I’m bored. You’re a disgrace to young women, you’re a failed gymnast living in the past, with your mother. You’re lucky I showed you around, you’re welcome! My baby mama knows a weak person when she sees one, you played yourself.

The thesis is that AB accused her of trying to get his money, scheming with her mother, because she's a failed gymnast/business owner.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Tim Whatley posted:

Sigh I hate this poo poo. gently caress Barstool so hard.

The one thing that will unify all football fans. :hai:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

INAL but wouldn’t it be a federal case because they’re from/reside different states?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

BaggySteve posted:

Yeah just fire anyone because of an accusation, what a stupid idea

i mean there's literally an apparatus for situations like this where someone doesn't have to be fired but also can't play football, that's probably what should happen here.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ab89/status/1171592105304698881?s=19

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1171591507008262144?s=19

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

What a lovely year for the wasn't as good at Football Antonio Bryant.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

THE PATRIOT WAY.

Those texts are horrific.

edit: texts. spoilered out cuz they're awful.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They would absolutely be involved if that was the case.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Patiently awaiting the Bill Simmons emergency podcast with his dad over this breaking news.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

INAL but wouldn’t it be a federal case because they’re from/reside different states?

It's a federal lawsuit I dunno man ask a lawyer or Ceviche. I assume the feds are involved with the lawsuit being what it is

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

What a comeback.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Always a good look

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It will be revealed in court it was actually the woman that sexually assaulted Antonio Brown.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

LiquidFriend posted:

What a lovely year for the wasn't as good at Football Antonio Bryant.

He was pretty good! 1000 yards on the mid 2000s Browns is no small feat.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Android Apocalypse posted:

Patiently awaiting the Bill Simmons emergency podcast with his dad over this breaking news.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Poor Antonio Bryant