Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Anyone know what the space warhams hearthclone is like? I've been looking for a good simple card game that lets you progress by playing against ai.

I assume you mean The Horus Heresy TCG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
does anyone play Raid : Shadow Legends?

I downloaded it last night after seeing 256093657 ads for it, and unsurprisingly its full of popups for cash shop bundles that cost more than a AAA singleplayer game... but that said I am actually enjoying the game so far and was just looking to see if anyone could point me to a thread or discord channel or wiki or something cause theres a million different things to do and Im at a loss for what to prioritize

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Go RV! posted:

I got bored and booted up Archero. They're doing a Season 1 with a Battle Pass now, where progression is based on kills, which seems really stupid for a number of reasons.

1) A single player game with a Battle Pass? There's not even leaderboards.

2) If I just started a new area, I'm at a big disadvantage, because my runs are going to be a lot shorter, unless the whole thing is trivial anyway.

Seems kinda gross, honestly.

E: haha, they're offering straight up max health boosts for watching ads mid-run now, gently caress this.

You can even flat-out buy a character for $9.99. Some company glommed onto it, and turned it into a ridiculous cash-grab. The game was a fun diversion for a few minutes when it came out, but they've lost their goddamn minds.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Hi posted:

does anyone play Raid : Shadow Legends?

I downloaded it last night after seeing 256093657 ads for it, and unsurprisingly its full of popups for cash shop bundles that cost more than a AAA singleplayer game... but that said I am actually enjoying the game so far and was just looking to see if anyone could point me to a thread or discord channel or wiki or something cause theres a million different things to do and Im at a loss for what to prioritize

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898274&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

We have a (dead) thread for it :v:

The Big D
Oct 3, 2002

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Server is up for Second Galaxy. 4 "races"; space nazis, space Russians, religious cultists, or open office plan tech bros.

Aka Caldari, Minmatar, Amarr, and Gallente lol

Was at the selection screen now and before I chose I wanted to see what others were doing. But you’re the only other person I saw mention this from a search so I’m still wondering which to pick. Guess I can always make another account if factions do block you out from playing with others even though you suspect not.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I assume you mean The Horus Heresy TCG
No there's a new(ish) one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.wellplayed.apocalypse.android

E: Released 8th August apparently. It uses the logo from the old top trump style cards GW used to sell.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 10, 2019

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Big D posted:

Was at the selection screen now and before I chose I wanted to see what others were doing. But you’re the only other person I saw mention this from a search so I’m still wondering which to pick. Guess I can always make another account if factions do block you out from playing with others even though you suspect not.

I'm rolling russian, because their naming conventions seem to be "Name Two Letters", so everyone can do SA

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Go RV! posted:

I got bored and booted up Archero. They're doing a Season 1 with a Battle Pass now, where progression is based on kills, which seems really stupid for a number of reasons.

1) A single player game with a Battle Pass? There's not even leaderboards.

2) If I just started a new area, I'm at a big disadvantage, because my runs are going to be a lot shorter, unless the whole thing is trivial anyway.

Seems kinda gross, honestly.

E: haha, they're offering straight up max health boosts for watching ads mid-run now, gently caress this.

You can change what zone you play by tapping on it

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Anyone playing Second Galaxy, I've made a corp, Goonswarm. Alias is G00N (those are zeroes) in the search function.

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008

Anyone playing Second Galaxy, I've made a corp, Goonswarm. Alias is G00N (those are zeroes) in the search function.

Applied as Fyoder or something similar. Random name generation ftw

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Threw in an application

elvie
Jan 17, 2009

Applied as elvie SA. Let's see what it's like.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I haven't played Elite Dangerous, though I want to, because I like the idea of 'just do whatever, or transport stuff, or trade stuff, or etc'. Is there anything like that on phones?

Star Traders: Frontiers is apparently good.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I chose Space Russian cos the char portrait was some lady with a robot arm :shrug:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It appears that choice of nation is simply starting ship and location. No restrictions on player corps or anything.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Applied as Calyxis

Edit: Thanks!

This game is kind of confusing. It's just pushing me along the quests and I feel like I'm missing how to go about stuff. I went Space Russian, and leaned into railguns. I'm not really sure what's happening, but it's fun so far!

It seems as though you can skill into any races ship type too, not sure if there are any penalties or anything, but as far as I can tell you can go nuts.

Also there is an emergency maintenance right now which gives people 500k credits. So, yay?

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 11, 2019

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
Applied to go00 in second galaxy as praxis prion.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Also applied to Second Galaxy Goonswarm, as Arbetor SA.

The game scratches my laser and explosions itch, without having to read about the mechanics of conference rooms.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've got no clue what I'm doing but I also applied to Goonswarm!

Edit: name's the same as it is here.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 11, 2019

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Make sure to say your name here, ive got lots of pubbie apps

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

How far do you have to go in the single player to be able to join a guild?

Anywah, my in game name is Rupert Buttermilk, for whenever I get around to applying.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How far do you have to go in the single player to be able to join a guild?

Anywah, my in game name is Rupert Buttermilk, for whenever I get around to applying.

Couple chapters, not very far

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Applied as Stolypin PR

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Badblue to G00N

The Big D
Oct 3, 2002

I'm rolling russian, because their naming conventions seem to be "Name Two Letters", so everyone can do SA

I didnt look back here till now and have already played through the first few chapters as Dasta Feilyn. ill apply soon to fleet.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I enjoy playing Second Galaxy with the sound on because now I know blood relationships won't tell lies.

Gonna apply to the guild as arms akimbo

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Applied to G00N as Infeckt

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've gone for the not-Caldari faction and based in Samos. Does everyone start there?

One question though, my Encounter Probe is on cooldown, is it worth recharging it straight away? I've no idea how rare recharges are.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I've applied to G00N as Yara Humayd.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Applied as 'Fei Caini' and now I realize I should've not kept my autogenerated name but oh well.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I know some games don't warrant their own thread, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this one is gonna need one.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

New Leaf posted:

I know some games don't warrant their own thread, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this one is gonna need one.

Let's give it 15 pages first

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Has anyone been following Second Galaxy? I've been pretty pumped about an EvE-like on my phone, and people that played the closed beta are saying it's basically 80% EvE.

I tried to sneak into the actual EvE game that was in beta in Australia, but I could never get it to work since I'm from the US, and I didn't feel like ju.ping through all the VPN/foreign Google account hoops to get it working.

Has anyone played, or plan on playing either game?

I got a chain a texts from a friend about this yesterday. He told us all to play it, we made fun of him because he's already not playing a MMO with us, he said he's hyped to play Eve on his phone and if we could show him how to play wow on it he would, we showed him how to do that, he said gently caress you guys, and then finally said "this game is garbo and not worth playing"

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Len posted:

I got a chain a texts from a friend about this yesterday. He told us all to play it, we made fun of him because he's already not playing a MMO with us, he said he's hyped to play Eve on his phone and if we could show him how to play wow on it he would, we showed him how to do that, he said gently caress you guys, and then finally said "this game is garbo and not worth playing"

Cool

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Has anyone got the Tier 3 Destroyer Licence? It says I have to double click to fly behind the main enemy fleet but it's really unclear what it actually wants me to do.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm actually digging Second Galaxy so far even though a lot of the systems/menus are still a complete mystery to me. It's functionally the same as one of those mobile MMO's down to the auto combat which I wasn't expecting.

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE
May 6, 2007

Kanga-Rat Murder Society

Make sure to say your name here, ive got lots of pubbie apps

Applied as Muzain A-something :regd08:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Aramoro posted:

Has anyone got the Tier 3 Destroyer Licence? It says I have to double click to fly behind the main enemy fleet but it's really unclear what it actually wants me to do.

Yeah, it's just suggesting you flank to drop the repair ships. If you double click in space you will fly that direction. You can also open the tactical map in the top right to bring up a birds eye view and give more precise movement commands

explosivo posted:

I'm actually digging Second Galaxy so far even though a lot of the systems/menus are still a complete mystery to me. It's functionally the same as one of those mobile MMO's down to the auto combat which I wasn't expecting.

The auto combat is the same as EVE really. The systems and menus will all be taught to you through the course of the game.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The auto combat is the same as EVE really. The systems and menus will all be taught to you through the course of the game.

Ah okay. A friend of mine at work is hating on the game because so much is "stolen" from EVE but I've never played it so it's all new to me! :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

AFK Arena guild (Greater Goon) has a spot open. We've also got one more person on the verge of being kicked, and we should be getting another 5 slots in the next week or two. Post you player name if you want in.