Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Araenna posted:

I got banned from best of legal advice

Yeah, I'm a big rules following nerd and I was mortified because I got banned for almost a month. A mod searched an OP's post history and found that I commented on another poster's comment in an entirely unrelated thread the OP had posted. "Brigading."

quote:

And don't forget, if a thread from another sub is linked to a sub you read, and you go and post in it because it's a topic you're interested in, that's brigading and against Reddit site wide rules!

I have accepted that being in trouble is a Fake Idea and I am all the better for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MarcusSA posted:

tHe OnE tHaT gOt AwAy!

Marcus... I really appreciate you in this thread

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for getting a vasectomy and not telling my wife?

Well it seems like of course I’m an rear end in a top hat for that, but lemme ‘splain myself.

A few years ago I sliced open a finger because of a minor kitchen accident. The next day there was this long rear end convo on my wife’s Facebook with all her friends about it, what happened, what the doc said, and all of them offering their opinions on what I should take re: pain medication. I told her to delete that poo poo because it’s my personal medical stuff and I deserve my privacy.

Then after that she was at a friend’s house with a bunch of her other lady friends and came home laughing and joking because the husband who lived there just had some medical issue with his penis and was hobbling around the house sore while it heels and they all thought it was funny.

Then after that I had a fairly serious medical issue re: my testicles and come to find out she told many many people about it: her family members, her local friends, and her college friends from around the country. I was pissed when I found out, especially about the same group of friends she was with when she was mocking the other man’s penis. Worse yet, she told me that she did tell me that was all the people she told and several months later I found out she told at least one work friend also.

Now, we are in our 40s , we have 4 kids, and we both want me to get a vasectomy. Well a few days ago I had it done but haven’t told her. I feel I deserve my privacy and I don’t trust her to not tell people. Part of the process is you have to go back and masturbate at the docs office and I don’t need the world knowing I have to do that. I deserve privacy and if I tell her I will lose my privacy.

I’m not asking if this sounds like a healthy marriage. I’m not asking if I am a great communicator. I’m asking AITA?

Edit: she has never used or considered using hormonal birth control, so my omission is not making her be on it unnecessarily.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for getting a vasectomy and not telling my wife?

Well it seems like of course I’m an rear end in a top hat for that, but lemme ‘splain myself.

A few years ago I sliced open a finger because of a minor kitchen accident. The next day there was this long rear end convo on my wife’s Facebook with all her friends about it, what happened, what the doc said, and all of them offering their opinions on what I should take re: pain medication. I told her to delete that poo poo because it’s my personal medical stuff and I deserve my privacy.

Then after that she was at a friend’s house with a bunch of her other lady friends and came home laughing and joking because the husband who lived there just had some medical issue with his penis and was hobbling around the house sore while it heels and they all thought it was funny.

Then after that I had a fairly serious medical issue re: my testicles and come to find out she told many many people about it: her family members, her local friends, and her college friends from around the country. I was pissed when I found out, especially about the same group of friends she was with when she was mocking the other man’s penis. Worse yet, she told me that she did tell me that was all the people she told and several months later I found out she told at least one work friend also.

Now, we are in our 40s , we have 4 kids, and we both want me to get a vasectomy. Well a few days ago I had it done but haven’t told her. I feel I deserve my privacy and I don’t trust her to not tell people. Part of the process is you have to go back and masturbate at the docs office and I don’t need the world knowing I have to do that. I deserve privacy and if I tell her I will lose my privacy.

I’m not asking if this sounds like a healthy marriage. I’m not asking if I am a great communicator. I’m asking AITA?

Edit: she has never used or considered using hormonal birth control, so my omission is not making her be on it unnecessarily.

Yo it's impossible to hide a vasectomy due to the aftercare.

Like you're walking around bowlegged with a jockstrap and a bag of frozen peas slung underneath. There's no loving way unless your wife is blind and deaf and even then it's tricky.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Oh no. They might figure out you jerk off

Something every man does

The shammmmeee

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FAUXTON posted:

You also need a designated driver to take you to and from the appointment because they're not letting you drive yourself under any condition.

Plus the fact that you will likely have bloody underwear, can't lift anything, and will move slower than usual because "oh god I felt a stretch uggghhhhh".

No sex for at least a week, either.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
methinks vasectomy man is telling falsehoods

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA if I don't replace my friend's dildo?

Am I missing out not having a friend that is at the "sex toy gift" stage?

Also if your mums husband(!?) has a habit of showing up unannounced and cleaning/moving your poo poo around why do they still have a key? Grow a spine and set some boundaries for fucks sake.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA if I don't replace my friend's dildo?
How does this become an issue? Get your mom's husband to pay and tell him to keep out of your house.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ParserGirl posted:

Yeah, I'm a big rules following nerd and I was mortified because I got banned for almost a month. A mod searched an OP's post history and found that I commented on another poster's comment in an entirely unrelated thread the OP had posted. "Brigading."

I have accepted that being in trouble is a Fake Idea and I am all the better for it.

lowtax could have gotten a turbo-charged spine upgrade if the mods started banning people for posting in multiple subforums. Post in MMOHMO? Hope you don't see an interesting thread in GBS that mentions World of Warcraft, or hope you got :10bux:

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

Like you're walking around bowlegged with a jockstrap and a bag of frozen peas slung underneath. There's no loving way unless your wife is blind and deaf and even then it's tricky.

That's not true for everyone. I Didn't feel a thing after my vasectomy. I basically waited two days for the supposed pain to set in, decided it wouldn't come and went to my BJJ training. A couple of my friends have similar experiences. :shrug:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DemoneeHo posted:

Speaking of deodorant, a tale as old as the 90s:

How can I (20M) tell my housemate (20M) that he uses WAY too much Axe?

If he uses any axe, he uses way too much axe.

The old frat trick is "axe bombing," where you jam the sprayer down on a couple of em, toss them in his room and hold the door shut while they all go off. He may get the message

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

sixth and maimed posted:

That's not true for everyone. I Didn't feel a thing after my vasectomy. I basically waited two days for the supposed pain to set in, decided it wouldn't come and went to my BJJ training. A couple of my friends have similar experiences. :shrug:

did you check you still have a penis?

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Xik posted:

did you check you still have a penis?

I imagine a penis removal would hurt more than a simple vasectomy. Also, it was done under local anesthesia so I could keep tabs on what they were doing. My wife was watching the procedure, too.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not letting my wife name our daughter Alexa?

My wife's mom was named Alexa, and she wants to name our daughter after her. Our older daughter was named by me, so we had agreed that she would get to name the next child. However, I feel that this is not a suitable name due to its use by Amazon.

This is more of a minor argument we're having right now (the child is due in 5 months). It's not going to tear the family apart or anything. I'm sure we'll resolve it one way or another, but it would be nice to hear some opinions.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not letting my wife name our daughter Alexa?

My wife's mom was named Alexa, and she wants to name our daughter after her. Our older daughter was named by me, so we had agreed that she would get to name the next child. However, I feel that this is not a suitable name due to its use by Amazon.

This is more of a minor argument we're having right now (the child is due in 5 months). It's not going to tear the family apart or anything. I'm sure we'll resolve it one way or another, but it would be nice to hear some opinions.

"Alexa, can you put on some music? No, not you. The robot. Go back to your room, Alexa 2."

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Plenty of men don’t have difficulty healing from vasectomies. He also said he was receiving other treatments due to an issue with his testicles, so if he was having symptoms or difficulty it could be covered up pretty easily.

His wife is rude as gently caress and should learn to shut her mouth re: other people’s medical issues.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

HIJK posted:

This is a good spec for a sitcom, would make me chuckle for a few minutes.
Like something from Curb your Enthusiasm. Larry spends the whole episode trying to prove there's a mouse in the toilets as the music plays and he looks sad whole everyone thinks he's a pervert (again)

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for Not Wearing my Seatbelt

quote:

My bf has asked me to wear my seat belt a few times. In the car we are sharing right now (because both our cars are in the shop) the seatbelt literally goes across my face because i'm so short. So, I politely tell him I don't want to. End of conversation. Didn't hear another word about it, so I thought we were good. That is, until yesterday. I was in the passenger seat, his two kids in the back, he was driving. Out of nowhere, he just stops at a light and refuses to move until my seatbelt is on. Like, straight up, "put your seatbelt on now, or i'm not moving. I'm serious, now!" So, of course I put it on. I refused to talk to him the rest of the ride home, because I am super against fighting in front of his kids. Period. When we got home, it was a straight up fight. I wasn't upset that he asked me to put on my seatbelt, I was upset that he demanded I do so, in what I consider a controlling and demeaning manner. In front of his kids (4 & 6). If he had sat me down to discuss why it was so important to him, I would have listened. He kinda apologized, but in one of those "sorry I said that, but heres my defense for saying it" kind of ways, that you know isn't actually an apology. And now he's super pissed at me. Won't talk to me and slept on the couch last night.

Okay, so really, AITA for not putting on my seatbelt the first time he asked? Or is it justified the way he handled it?

Edit: Fair, ITA for not wearing my seatbelt. Just for clarification, the seatbelt is locked in, I just have the part that goes over my face behind me rather than in front, and to the kids or anyone looking, it looks like I am fully wearing it. It's an older car with bucket seats that don't go up and down and i'm shorter than 5'.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You need a booster seat or to sit in the back because wear your goddamn seatbelt

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

sixth and maimed posted:

I imagine a penis removal would hurt more than a simple vasectomy. Also, it was done under local anesthesia so I could keep tabs on what they were doing. My wife was watching the procedure, too.

No judgments, your wife is one of those people with a more unique kink

e: we call it scrotestrangulation

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Sep 11, 2019

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't know where OP is but it is a legal requirement to wear your belt in the UK. There are cushions and boosters that adults can use.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, if you get into an accident without your seatbelt on you put everyone else in the car at risk while you ping pong around and smack into them, especially in a rollover.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

sixth and maimed posted:

Same here. I drove myself home then lounged about for a couple of days taking ibuprofen. My sack looked like an aubergine but no real adverse affect on day to day life.

Having to wank into a little pot and hand it to the lady at the hospital was the worst part by far.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

HOT BREAD! posted:

wife [28/F] went from outgoing social butterfly to canning fruits in the basement and avoiding her friends. Only change was she married me [27/M]. Her culture? Depression?

i need to get me a Russian pickle wife

This is from a few pages back, but in my headcanon Russian Pickle Wife leaves him and gets together with Australian Cape Dog Half-Brother who chilled out in the basement drinking and gambling while wearing his dog like a cape, emerging occasionally to do things like spontaneously repave the driveway. The two of them spend the rest of their days contentedly living downstairs, emerging only to keep their home immaculately maintained and buy mason jars.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

mods on reddit are all insane because everyone they ban has reregged within five seconds and at least on the larger subs they apparently have no way of telling who's who. It's like being Wile E. Coyote except the roadrunner is an endless succession of normie trolls infiltrating your pedophile nazi forum

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Sep 11, 2019

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ParserGirl posted:

I think I was banned permanently from both because I 100% took that poo poo to PMs

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

monkeytennis posted:

Same here. I drove myself home then lounged about for a couple of days taking ibuprofen. My sack looked like an aubergine but no real adverse affect on day to day life.

Having to wank into a little pot and hand it to the lady at the hospital was the worst part by far.

Yeah I didn't need a driver since it was just local numbing and basically pinhole surgery they closed with steri-strips but the worst pain was still manageable with ibuprofen and aside from the jock and icing the first day, the worst limitation was taking stairs at normal walking pace for a weekend.

I was warned by the doc that strenuous activity would risk causing lifelong scrote pain so I probably took it easier than I could have.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Araenna posted:

I got banned from best of legal advice because someone says something like "don't call yourself an autism mom you're the mom of an autistic kid not autistic yourself" and when I called out all the downvotes as being from ableist people I ended up in a fight with a mod because I couldn't actually know that's why they were downvoted and it's rude to call people ableist when I don't actually know.
I also got banned from askfeminists for calling out a mod for going apeshit on a poster at random in a completely, ridiculously hypocritical way. Apparently if you say you disagree with other feminist posters sometimes that means you don't support feminism and makes the sub look bad. A mod screaming at a poster in a comment thread instead of taking it to PMs meanwhile apparently is a good look.
And don't forget, if a thread from another sub is linked to a sub you read, and you go and post in it because it's a topic you're interested in, that's brigading and against Reddit site wide rules! If you even vote on/in that thread, also brigading!

I was surprised to find out that you can get banned from a subreddit you never knew existed! r/offmychest has an autoban set to trigger against anyone who posts in a redpill or incel subreddit, including making fun of them. They explained that giving them attention by making fun of them was just as bad as being one of them.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

HIJK posted:

That would just be the pilot episode, the gimmick is that the protagonist keeps seeing this one mouse at the most awkward moment possible everywhere he goes.

Episode 1: No More Mister Mice Guy
Episode 2: Julias Cheeser
Episode 3: A Mouse Unusual Dream

Series finale takes a very dark and unexpected turn as Timothy and his worshippers show up to squeak the unholy songs that rupture the seals of Hell.

This time, in a comic twist, the reason no one else can see the mouse (rat?) is because the eldritch horror vortex has caused everyone else's eyes to go all Event Horizon! "What are you talking about? I can't see a rodent, only multidimensional time eddies filled with pain and woe." *laughtrack*

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Help! I Am Very Attracted to My Sister’s Stepdaughter.

quote:

Q. My sister’s stepdaughter: I am very attracted to my sister’s stepdaughter. She is 20 years younger than I am but that doesn’t really bother me. What do I do about it? Should I just forget about it? I really can’t stop thinking about her.

quote:

A: Yes, you should forget about it. If you cannot forget about it, you can at least choose not to say anything; just because the family relationship and the 20-year age difference don’t bother you doesn’t mean they’re suddenly immaterial. It is possible to be very attracted to someone and not to hit on them. Don’t hit on her. See a therapist or start taking a lot of long walks or decide not to spend alone time with her or meditate on how much you’d miss your sister if you burned that particular bridge or read through the collected works of George Eliot or all of the above. But you are perfectly capable of not hitting on your sister’s stepdaughter. Don’t hit on your sister’s stepdaughter.

No, go hit on her. I'm sure it'll be fine

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
When Dan Harmon openly admitted to sexually harassing a work colleague for years to the point of trying to kneecap her career, he very wisely admitted that most men seem to think attraction is a Unique Experience Happening To Them and act through that lens, instead of the more realistic 'attraction happens all the time and you're not entitled to someone just because of that'.

That dude is very old but still seems stuck within that mode of Magical Thinking. 'I keep thinking about her, this must be something special'

no it's not, you're just bored and lonely and wanna gently caress and so you're unconsciously finding people for this in the most unhealthy places bc you're not even paying attention to your actual wants and needs, and instead you just neglect yourself emotionally/sexually/whathaveyou until you let them bubble up within you like something Happening At You Unbidden, Which Must Be Acted Upon.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 11, 2019

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

No judgments, your wife is one of those people with a more unique kink

e: we call it scrotestrangulation

It's even worse, she's a nurse. I had to tell her and the doctor to stop talking shop about my junk.

monkeytennis posted:

Other than the stitches, mine looked perfectly normal. And yes, the whole "here's a pot of my still-warm cum" thing was pretty embarrassing.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

chitoryu12 posted:

I [22M] lied and told the girl [22F] I've been talking to that I'm circumsized, how do I fix this?

please do not cut of your foreskin just to bang this one dumb chick

keep your tackle as-is and enjoy the increased sexual stimulation for both yourself and your partners

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

Help! I Am Very Attracted to My Sister’s Stepdaughter.

No, go hit on her. I'm sure it'll be fine

This is one where we really need to know the ages. I'm betting he's under 35.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

StrangersInTheNight posted:

please do not cut of your foreskin just to bang this one dumb chick

keep your tackle as-is and enjoy the increased sexual stimulation for both yourself and your partners

dude's probably unaware he has to clean it

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

The guy [23M] i'm [22F] dating is manipulating me into buying him something. What should I do?

quote:

The guy I’ve been dating for about a year now is asking (begging really) for a $60 video game. He is NOT my boyfriend. We hang out, go on dates, and have had sex but we’re not exclusive boyfriend/girlfriend.

Anyways he’s been begging me for this new video game (2K20). I told him no but he kept asking.

He began trying to barter, saying if i bought him the game he’d give me a nice massage, then upped it to unlimited massages after I continued to say no. He said “he’s done a lot for me” and “he’s bent over backwards for me.” Both of which are lies. He has done nothing super special or out of his way. He then switched to saying that “cuffing season” is coming up and basically said I’d get a good chance at being with him if I bought him the game. He then went to threats saying he would begin dating other women (pretty sure he already is/has, but not an issue) if i didn’t get him the game. He said he was going to cry himself to sleep and joked about hurting himself and blaming me because I don’t care about him. He then said I was his “wife” and everyone knows how much he loves me so I should get it (he's not usually that expressive emotionally). The whole thing was so extra and dramatic. I woke up this morning to him posting on Instagram last night about needed to "make some changes to his dating rooster" and "looking for a superstar."

I honestly don't mind getting him the game. The cost is not an issue, and I like getting people I care about the things they want. But he doesn’t buy me anything. He’s bought us both dinner before (as have I) but has never bought me a gift. I was okay with this because again we’re not exclusively together so I guess I can’t expect much.

I had this issue in a previous relationship. I am such a people pleaser and giver, I have been taken advantage of in the past. In my last actual relationship, I gave my ex thousands of dollars in money and gifts over our 5 year relationship, and he gave me maybe hundreds worth.

What should I do? Trying to convenience me over a 5 day span and using all these different tactics, especially going from being nice to sad to upset, felt kind of manipulative to me. I don't want to get taken advantage of by someone again, but my desire to please is overwhelming.

TL DR: The guy I've been dating (1 year, not my boyfriend) is asking me to buy him something. I'm a people pleaser and want to but he's begging and being manipulative about and I don't know if I'm being taken advantage of.

this stuff is so incredibly baffling to me. how can you date for a year and not be together? why are so many stories like "oh yeah we've been seeing each other 3-5 times a week for eight months, we sleep together every time, he's met my family and we spent the holidays together, but he's not my boyfriend" like what

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
This one is worth abusing spoilers for

quote:

I’m [25F] refusing to go on holiday with husband’s [25M] family, he wants to go, I think he’s crazy[/25M]
u/holidaythrowaway9
repost, edited with length of relationship -
Strap in, this will be a long one.

Context: Husband and I have a gorgeous 1 year old daughter. We have been together 4 years. We still live with his family but are saving to move out within the next few months.

My in laws go to the US twice a year for 2 weeks at a time. FIL is a very rich man, and pays for a huge villa big enough to fit us, them, and husband’s brother and sister in law and their child. These holidays are the opposite of relaxing- essentially a two week piss up where everyone is drinking crazy amounts and blasting music until the early hours. There’s lots of trips to expensive restaurants and shopping malls, as well as days out elsewhere.

This trip usually costs us anywhere from £2000-3000 in spending money, as we are pressured to do all of these things with FIL or he will sulk and husband has no backbone when it comes to his dad.

They’ve just returned from the last trip of the year, which we didn’t attend due to money, so we had a lovely 2 weeks of peace and quiet at the house.

They have also just booked to go in March, this time for 3 weeks. Already I am being pressured to agree to go, and husband said yesterday that we should go. I outright said no, and he was not happy.

Onto the reasons I said no;

1- the last holiday to the US we went on, I got really sick. Uncontrollable vomiting, the works. When I went to bed early, FIL made a nasty comment to husband about how I couldn’t handle my drink. Husband defended me and said I was sick, not drunk. At that point, in some sort of alcohol fuelled rage, FIL pushed husband to the ground and choked him. He had to be pulled off, and we spent the remainder of the holiday in our room as we couldn’t afford to fly home early. No apology from FIL.

2- I absolutely hate flying. It’s a 9 hour flight and I hate every minute of it. The last time we flew there, I dealt with our toddler for 100% of the flight while husband slept and watched movies. Long haul flights with a child are loving HARD, especially when I did it all alone. Husband got mad at me for some reason (can’t even remember what I did) and called me a stupid oval office in front of his family as well as other passengers who I’m sure heard. I spent most of that flight either trying not to cry, crying, or pleading with my baby to quieten down.

3- I HATE his mother. She is a raging alcoholic. Just to summarise my reasons for this, she turned up to our wedding shitfaced in a white dress covered with red wine, and got increasingly drunk to the point she pissed herself and had to be removed. No apology for this. She gossips about me behind my back, calls me a terrible mother (yet has no clear reasoning for this), and does her absolute best to poo poo on me to other people yet is nice to my face. She’s been caught out with this multiple times and still no apology. She also lies and tells people nasty things I’ve apparently said about them- the last time this happened she’d told FIL I told her that I secretly hate him etc, and it almost cost me what little positive relationship I have with him. She’s essentially allowed to hurt other people as much as she likes so long as it suits FIL. He knows what she’s like and continues to allow her to do it with zero consequences.

4- I don’t get on with SIL. She is very close with MIL, and the two of them deliberately alienate me to the point I just avoid them. Many times I’ve tried joining in on their conversations only to get a one word reply, then they’ll carry on as if I wasn’t there.

5- Money. I’m currently a SAHM that does a bit of freelancing on the side, and we are currently saving to move out, as living here is severely impacting on my mental health and husband says he hates it too. I want my daughter to live somewhere there isn’t explosive arguments between FIL & MIL most nights. The police have been called on numerous occasions because of violence between them, which luckily my daughter didn’t witness. I don’t understand why husband thinks we’ll be able to afford this holiday.

6- When we do go, I am responsible for 99.9% of the childcare. My daughter could never be a burden, but again, it’s bloody hard watching husband enjoying himself or sitting on his arse scrolling through his phone by the pool while I’m running around after a toddler.

7- My family. I am extremely close to my mum, and my little girl LOVES her nanny. I see her once a week, twice if I’m lucky, and it would absolutely break her heart if we went away for 3 weeks. I get homesick after 1 week, so 3 would be absolute torture for me.

My husband got visibly pissed off when I shut down going away in March last night. He basically said ‘well when are we going to get to go on holiday then?’

My point is there is a vast difference between a quiet family week away somewhere in Europe, to a 3 week bender in the states with his family that he claims not to want to be around either.

I’ve told him he’s free to go, but I won’t be there and neither will our daughter. I know this will probably cause irreparable damage with FIL who doesn’t like people disagreeing with him or not doing what he likes, but in my mind there is no way in hell I am hauling us to another continent for 3 weeks considering what our track history is like.

It may sound harsh to some that he won’t be taking our child, but again some context here. My daughter loves him, but she is bonded to me to the point where if I leave the room she will cry. She won’t allow him to put her to bed, I am the only person she will settle down and sleep for. He is a good dad, but a lazy one. He’s never spent one day alone with our daughter without me, and would much prefer sitting on his phone while she plays alone. There’s been many times she’s managed to get hold of something she shouldn’t, and he hasn’t noticed because he’s buried in his phone. He takes 45 minute shits, even longer in the shower, how the hell does he expect to watch our baby safely? He even has to ask me how to cut up her food for her, for gently caress’s sake. He doesn’t wake up if she cries during the night, and I highly doubt if I asked him now he’d even know what food she likes/dislikes. All in all, it would be over my dead body he takes her away without me.

I just want to know your thoughts on this. Should I suck it up and go, or am I right to stick to my guns on this?

Tl;dr: in laws are batshit crazy, husband wants us to go on holiday with them for 3 weeks and I don’t.

E:

quote:

My mum is a social worker and has the same fear. When the fights do break out I lock myself in our room with my girl, but I’m terrified it’ll get to the point where that’s not enough.

You absolutely can find places like that- we’ve found plenty that meet our needs for £800ish a month, but he has a lot of excuses about why he can’t put down a deposit. For example paying off his phone contract, etc. He made over £2000 last month but for some reason we can’t do it, got to wait another month.

He doesn’t pay any rent. I pay for the food for everyone and cook hot meals every night as a sort of compromise.

But I honestly have no idea why we haven’t got enough to move. The average deposit for the houses we’re looking at is £1000. I know we should have that by now, but for some reason we don’t.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 11, 2019

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
Boyfriend (M26) yelled at me (F24) because I rejected a guy without saying “I’m in a relationship.”

quote:

I won’t babble on, but - in my experience - when a guy is coming on to me, no matter what I say, they’re usually persistent.

I’m fed up of having to justify to complete strangers why I don’t want them or give them excuses.

It took me years to learn how to say, “No thank you. I’m not interested.”

A guy was flirting with me and wanted further from me. I simply said to him “No thank you. I’m not interested.”

My boyfriend had overheard and when we got home, he made it clear that he was annoyed because I hadn’t told the other guy “I have a boyfriend.”

I told my boyfriend “I do not have to justify my reasons to anybody as to why I’m not interested in them. I should be able to simply say I am not interested without having to give a reason why.”

He lost his temper and was stamping about a bit over it. I just find it silly. He knew I was leaving with him, I didn’t think that even rejecting somebody could get me into trouble because I didn’t do it right?

Is it like an unwritten rule that you have to state to the people you reject “No thanks, I have a partner.”???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Frog Act posted:

The guy [23M] i'm [22F] dating is manipulating me into buying him something. What should I do?

this stuff is so incredibly baffling to me. how can you date for a year and not be together? why are so many stories like "oh yeah we've been seeing each other 3-5 times a week for eight months, we sleep together every time, he's met my family and we spent the holidays together, but he's not my boyfriend" like what

Because people bend backwards to avoid putting labels on things in an attempt to avoid commitment/feelings/baggage. It’s why 90% of FWB posts on reddit are about one person “catching feels” after 4 years of screwing.

In other news, I’m old.