Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sean10mm posted:

Your team's quarterback is a rapist.

My last name isn't Rooney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it's okay omar kelly figured out the situation, everyone

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1171733634392514560

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1171735428275343360

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1171741046243581953

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1171745167415660544

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

CyberPingu posted:

Brady is a paedo....

this isn't really a funny comeback when the context is an actual, serious allegation of sexual misconduct jsyk

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

fsif posted:

I sincerely appreciate the Patriots posters here that want their team to jettison AB, but I think we all kind of know deep down what's going to happen. This will all be an afterthought by Week Four.

I have hope they'll do the right thing, but the whole Hill saga has me feeling sick over it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

https://youtu.be/XbB7mo9dbEo

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just hit the point in Pardon My Take where they get Gronk to tweet the eyeballs emoji.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

this isn't really a funny comeback when the context is an actual, serious allegation of sexual misconduct jsyk

Fair point,

Then the Pats have a history of bringing in guys with known allegations and charges of sexual assault and seem to do nothing about it.

So throwing stones at one team for having a rapist QB is pretty stupid.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There's never been this much dumb on one sound stage.
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1171420782347468805

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

CyberPingu posted:

Fair point,

Then the Pats have a history of bringing in guys with known allegations and charges of sexual assault and seem to do nothing about it.

So throwing stones at one team for having a rapist QB is pretty stupid.

You're not wrong but who else have the Pats "brought in" with charges of sexual assault? Kraft wasn't brought in. Kellen Winslow? I genuinely don't remember any major sexual assault allegations in the last ~15 or so years. I had a quick Google search and all I could find was an SI article on this Eric Naposki guy who played a while ago. We've had a legit murderer but if I'm forgetting a major sexual abuse allegation then I will definitely put my foot in my mouth

e: Edelman was accused of inappropriate touching and I genuinely don't remember that but it's reported on the internet so I guess that's one

barnold fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 11, 2019

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

You're not wrong but who else have the Pats "brought in" with charges of sexual assault? Kraft wasn't brought in. Kellen Winslow? I genuinely don't remember any major sexual assault allegations in the last ~15 or so years. I had a quick Google search and all I could find was an SI article on this Eric Naposki guy who played a while ago. We've had a legit murderer but if I'm forgetting a major sexual abuse allegation then I will definitely put my foot in my mouth

Haynesworth was under investigation for sexual assault when the pats picked him up.

I thought there was more but Talib was just good ole fashion GBH

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So what team does AB really want to play for? Is he just going to burn them all for massive signing bonuses and never have to actually play again?

So there are probably 20 more teams that will sign him that is 200 million a year. Not bad.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Galaxy brain AB asked Rosenhaus to tell him every way a contract can be ended where he keeps the money and doesn’t play and AB is now gleefully checking off boxes. What else could do it aside from injury?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Elephanthead posted:

So what team does AB really want to play for? Is he just going to burn them all for massive signing bonuses and never have to actually play again?

So there are probably 20 more teams that will sign him that is 200 million a year. Not bad.

Huh?

Either this gets ignored :barf: and he just plays for the Pats, or he gets suspended/commissioner's magic list-ed and his career is (at least temporarily) hosed.

e: Compare the guaranteed money he got to what "not publicly known as a child abuser fuckbag" Julio Jones got. As much as Hill got off light he still lost a lot of money because of his poo poo.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 11, 2019

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is pre-Belichick but there was the 5th rounder Christian Peter that the Patriots relinquished their rights to after having multiple sexual assault instances come out after the draft.

That was when Myra Kraft was alive though. She's dead now so Bob is free to get jerked off by literal human traffickers.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want to post in a 2020 NFL draft thread.

Who usually makes it

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
It's already halfway to being ignored with the Pats officially handing off responsibility to the league.

And lol if you think the league is gonna do anything about just a civil suit without any embarrassing photos or videos out in public. It's the NFL, you think they're going to do anything but the minimum? AB is suiting up and playing on Sunday barring some new development. Then again, it's AB, so a new development at some point is pretty much guaranteed.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Elephanthead posted:

Boston sports talk is implying heavily this morning that no matter what happens, KC will be ready to add them to their roster should he depart from New England at any point in the foreseeable future because of Tyreek.

They're also saying some guy has proof that the accuser is trying to extort Brown with audio recordings of her conversations which is an ultra gross thing to be speculating about this soon, but I can't say I didn't expect that out of some of these schmucks

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Grittybeard posted:

Mr Magoo stumbled into doing the right thing despite himself is the joke I think.

I don't even know what the What is there.

That makes sense

I was trying to remember what the Magoo shtick was and Google gave me

Which applies to Mark Davis for sure

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It wouldn't surprise me if AB get punished more than Hill because he's been a huge pain in the rear end to uptight white guys running two (or three, depending how surprised & pissed Belichick actually is about the news) teams.

His punishment is going to be the result of a combination of craven self interest and personal vindictiveness by the team and the league, with no connection to the seriousness of AB's alleged actions (which are loving terrible.)

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Says a lot about the NFL when Josh Gordon is more likely to get suspended or banned than Antonio Brown.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

ELO Musk posted:

Galaxy brain AB asked Rosenhaus to tell him every way a contract can be ended where he keeps the money and doesn’t play and AB is now gleefully checking off boxes. What else could do it aside from injury?
Well at least in Oakland:
https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1170337713121386506

I’d assume the Pats protected themselves too.

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is pre-Belichick but there was the 5th rounder Christian Peter that the Patriots relinquished their rights to after having multiple sexual assault instances come out after the draft.

That was when Myra Kraft was alive though. She's dead now so Bob is free to get jerked off by literal human traffickers.
I assume you mean human trafficking victims there. But who knows, he’s got enough money to coerce the traffickers themselves.

pnumoman posted:

It's already halfway to being ignored with the Pats officially handing off responsibility to the league.

And lol if you think the league is gonna do anything about just a civil suit without any embarrassing photos or videos out in public. It's the NFL, you think they're going to do anything but the minimum? AB is suiting up and playing on Sunday barring some new development. Then again, it's AB, so a new development at some point is pretty much guaranteed.
Tyreek got off despite how bad the audio was so yeah I can see them not doing poo poo with this. And it sounds like AB's lawyer (and "social media expert"?) is going the slut shaming route so I’m sure the NFL will conveniently quietly buy that argument.

I’m hoping the IG DMs person purporting whatever secret info for AB is just a vindictive Raiders fan pretending to try to help him out. His lawyer will build his case around it only to end up with one last "gently caress AB" message.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Democrazy posted:

Says a lot about the NFL when Josh Gordon is more likely to get suspended or banned than Antonio Brown.

I hate how true this is.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Abugadu posted:

Looks like more of an agent than an attorney, I highly doubt this guy will get anywhere near a courtroom.

Yuppppp

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

japtor posted:

I’d assume the Pats protected themselves too.

Oh yeah. They gave themselves a huge "get out of jail free" card.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1171780783717191680?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Democrazy posted:

I'm honestly pleasantly surprised they're letting him play in 2019 in spite of :frogsiren: THE DEMON WEED :frogsiren: or whatever the gently caress.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sean10mm posted:

"not publicly known as a child abuser fuckbag" Julio Jones

What? This is an honest question because I've been out of the loop for some time.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

sean10mm posted:

Oh yeah. They gave themselves a huge "get out of jail free" card.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1171780783717191680?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I'm honestly pleasantly surprised they're letting him play in 2019 in spite of :frogsiren: THE DEMON WEED :frogsiren: or whatever the gently caress.

He has major addiction issues not related to weed

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Mystic Stylez posted:

What? This is an honest question because I've been out of the loop for some time.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I literally meant that as far as anybody knows Julio isn't a scumbag.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Josh Gordon was showing up practices and games high and drunk, he had major addiction issues that went past smoking some weed after games to relax.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

sean10mm posted:

Worked for the Steelers and Big Ben's sex crimes so there's certainly a precedent for doing this instead, though.

Their reward for sticking with him was a decade of underachieving.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

sean10mm posted:

Was it ever confirmed that it was pot? I know it was not PEDs.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Democrazy posted:

Was it ever confirmed that it was pot? I know it was not PEDs.

He took all kinds of recreational drugs, and I don't care about any of them TBH.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sean10mm posted:

He took all kinds of recreational drugs, and I don't care about any of them TBH.

He said he hadn’t played a game sober since middle school or something like that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sean10mm posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if AB get punished more than Hill because he's been a huge pain in the rear end to uptight white guys running two (or three, depending how surprised & pissed Belichick actually is about the news) teams.

His punishment is going to be the result of a combination of craven self interest and personal vindictiveness by the team and the league, with no connection to the seriousness of AB's alleged actions (which are loving terrible.)

I think the punishment will ultimately be left up to the Patriots to decide. LeSean McCoy found himself in a similar situation an offseason or two ago and the league did nothing.

Also, the league is sheepish to dole out any more punishments towards the Patriots after the colossal shitstorm the sports media world kicked up the only time they were ever held remotely accountable.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The best WR in the league is 2nd round pick rookie DK Metcalf of the Seattle (Washington) Seahawks.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

gently caress. Call it a career dude. This is why Demaryius was traded for.

https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/1171791487861972994

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yikes. Feel for the guy, he’s got to be done now. At least he’ll get some of the cash from that new deal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SirFozzie posted:

My thoughts regarding the latest twists in the AB thing. I do not feel comfortable with the situation. I know there's going to be a lot of "It's he said/she said" stuff going on, but here's the bottom line. Until the charges are investigated and more are known, I can't root for AB, and I hope the Pats put him on a Commissioner's Exempt list until such time. Some things are bigger then football. A lot of things are.

He wasn't charged. It's a lawsuit. The only "federal" part of this is the court; from what I've read it's not like the FBI is conducting a criminal investigation. The accusations are pretty egregious, but I think we've already seen what the NFL is going to do.

Absolutely nothing.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Diva Cupcake posted:

That sucks, he always seemed really promising when he was actually able to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Two major neck injuries in 3 years. Yikes. Retire.

japtor posted:

I assume you mean human trafficking victims there. But who knows, he’s got enough money to coerce the traffickers themselves.
My understanding is that noted hand job aficionado Robert Kraft was getting serviced by the house madame and not the slaves.