Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

google THIS posted:

Homo Erectus

loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
I propose a very frank and stern "no-nonsense" approach. A twenty minute lecture directly addressing the topic should do the trick. The instructor should state that the word "erectus" refers to an erect spine, and not an erect penis. This was the first time animals have ever been able to walk upright, not get a boner. Animals have been getting a boner for as long as we have observed time, so it would not make sense to name humans after this characteristic. Females also cannot get boners, so the name would have to include both genders of the species. Also, the word "homo" just means man. You could say "homo homo homo homo I'm a big homo" and that would just mean "man man man man I'm a big man". If any students are still laughing, just repeat it in a higher voice for emphasis. That should clear up all of the confusion.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
Also, maybe have a really big horn that you honk every time you say the word "homo" or "boner" or "erectus" to help distract students from laughing at those words.

----------------

nut

WetNightmare posted:

man man man man I'm a big man

lol wow real tuff guy over here

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
The United States actually has to import non-English experts to study homo erectus-related topics because native researchers keep laughing.

----------------

google THIS

WetNightmare posted:

I propose a very frank and stern "no-nonsense" approach. A twenty minute lecture directly addressing the topic should do the trick. The instructor should state that the word "erectus" refers to an erect spine, and not an erect penis. This was the first time animals have ever been able to walk upright, not get a boner. Animals have been getting a boner for as long as we have observed time, so it would not make sense to name humans after this characteristic. Females also cannot get boners, so the name would have to include both genders of the species. Also, the word "homo" just means man. You could say "homo homo homo homo I'm a big homo" and that would just mean "man man man man I'm a big man". If any students are still laughing, just repeat it in a higher voice for emphasis. That should clear up all of the confusion.

It is also important to dress up like a giant hairy penis wearing Fred Flintstone's clothes, as this will help highlight the very absurdity of laughing at this subject matter to begin with.

Heather Papps

hello friend

WetNightmare posted:

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Now class, settle down. Ok, get your giggles out. Everybody done? OK, now while H. erectus -settle down, I said- is regarded as one of the earliest of the modern hominids, new evidence seems to point to another, less known hominid, H. diarrhea toilet anus...

Goons Are Gifts

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Now class, settle down. Ok, get your giggles out. Everybody done? OK, now while H. erectus -settle down, I said- is regarded as one of the earliest of the modern hominids, new evidence seems to point to another, less known hominid, H. diarrhea toilet anus...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

google THIS

(H. erectus touching a huge black monolith)

Monolith: Lol not you

(H. heidelbergensis touches the monolith, learns to use weapons, and drives away the H. erectus)

Monolith: I just made you beat off Homo erectus lmao

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

(H. heidelbergensis touches the monolith, learns to use weapons, and drives away the H. erectus)

Heather Papps

hello friend

Homo erectus (Latin: "boner dude") is an extinct species of the genus Homo.[1] Fossil remains were found in Java (1890s) and in China (1921). Nearly all of them were lost during World War II, but there are casts that are considered to be reliable evidence.
The most distinctive tool of erectus was the Acheulean hand axe, first invented 1.8 million years ago (mya). This hand axe was made by chipping a suitable stone with a hammer stone. Later, the neanderthals used a soft hammer made of deer antler bone to make better tools. The Acheulean hand axe lasted for over a million years as the main tool. Its main use was for butchering meat. This we know because different uses leave different micro-wear on the hand axe surfaces.[7][8]

MUNGO MAN
mungo man was buried lying on his back, with his hands joined together covering the groin. Some of the bones show evidence of osteoarthritis and eburnation, and the teeth are well worn. Based on this, it is likely that mungo man was quite old (around 50 years old) when he died.[15] New studies show that, using the length of his limb bones, it is possible to estimate mungo man's height at 196 centimetres (77 inches or 6 ft 5 in), unusually tall for an Aboriginal.[10]

Goons Are Gifts

google THIS posted:

Heather Papps

hello friend

homo sapiest sappien

lost my old email

homo erectus the most cum ejectest, holla if ya hear me

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

lost my old email posted:

homo erectus the most cum ejectest, holla if ya hear me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiSgkXDhSg8