Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Missed opportunity to not have the guy reference how happy/sleepy/grumpy etc he or one of the other dwarves is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Tibalt posted:

There hasn't really been Food payoff card, right? The only thing I can think of is Shimmering Drake and the Savvy Hunter, and those aren't really good enough playoffs.

There's a few at rare (Wicked Wolf, Feasting Troll King, Gilded Goose, Oko) and it seems to be Green's limited gimmick (Trail of Breadcrumbs is a food-based engine at uncommon) so we'll probably see some more commons/uncommons down the road.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

sleepy goes missing, later he reappears, but he's calling himself "Lazav," and the other dwarves just don't feel the same around him

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if there's gonna be a gemstone mine reprint with the seven dwarves.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Two neat things about this:
I think this is the first card with both a creature type and an artifact type
I think you should be able to sac this to things which let you sac food

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Lets Pickle posted:

I would be very surprised if they didn't do exactly this. Will be a little more awkward in draft when you have multiples of the same dwarf but whatever.

MaRo said there's only one version of the dwarves.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Tibalt posted:

There hasn't really been Food payoff card, right? The only thing I can think of is Shimmering Drake and the Savvy Hunter, and those aren't really good enough playoffs.

Bolas' Citadel :v:

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Wizards’ reluctance to do fun silly things even on a world full of candy cane houses is the worst

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm going to make a Food Deck and nothing will stop me,

barring price.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Changelings are food confirmed

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

vegetables posted:

Wizards’ reluctance to do fun silly things even on a world full of candy cane houses is the worst

Tbf they were reluctant to do a set with fairytale theming at all, so at least they relented on that. I think they seriously underestimated how much people would like it though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Elyv posted:

Two neat things about this:
I think this is the first card with both a creature type and an artifact type
I think you should be able to sac this to things which let you sac food

I think you can sac this to stuff like Gilded Goose which cares about Food specifically, or at least it seems logical that you should be able to.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Sinteres posted:

Tbf they were reluctant to do a set with fairytale theming at all, so at least they relented on that. I think they seriously underestimated how much people would like it though.

And overestimated how much of a poo poo anyone would give about Arthurian legend and knights as a theme.

That always seemed incongrous to me and I was curious how they would blend the two themes only for it to turn out that they are incongrous and they won't be blending the two themes.

Ironically I see all these places where they could have if they'd cared about the fairytale half in the first place instead of doing it perfunctorily.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Count Bleck posted:

Food Golem.

This is absolutely going in my Yuriko deck. fantastic ninjitsu enabler.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Retromancer posted:

This is absolutely going in my Yuriko deck. fantastic ninjitsu enabler.

And here I was wanting to build Yuriko too. A neat new toy. The flavor is on-point too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tibalt posted:

A hexproof Consecrated Sphinx isn't a good enough payoff?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I don't get why they can't do puss in boots when they already have cats wearing boots

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They can't get too goofy when they're making a fairy tale set where all their exposure to fairy tales comes from Shrek and Disney

quote:

Not a huge fan of the flavor here. The card's name implies that this 2/2 is seven dwarves, not *one of* seven dwarves. So if you have all seven out at once, that's 49 dwarves

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Eej posted:

They can't get too goofy when they're making a fairy tale set where all their exposure to fairy tales comes from Shrek and Disney

I mean I want an Ogre with defender that loses defender when another creature enters the battlefield but that's just me.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I wanted Hans the half-hedgehog boy who plays the bagpipes, but I can’t say I’m holding out hope he’ll make an appearance :(

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Count Bleck posted:

I mean I want an Ogre with defender that loses defender when another creature enters the battlefield but that's just me.

How can you make a shrek card that doesn't key off the number of swamps you control?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Out of the seven dwarves, I believe I'm the third strongest.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Retromancer posted:

How can you make a shrek card that doesn't key off the number of swamps you control?

He can have power and toughness equal to swamps you control, yeah.

Does it also get trample?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

LifeLynx posted:

Going to admit I'm disappointed that romantic name is wasted on a Disenchant variant.

I’m pretty sure the intended flavour is to free your permanents from frogify/prison realm/etc. Which is incredibly on point for True Love’s Kiss.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I'm trying to figure out how to do boy who cried wolf. top down design is hard.

-X
2G
Legendary Creature-Human
1/1

T: tap 2 target creatures, then Roll a 6 sided die. on a 1, target opponent creates a 4/4 wolf token

Retromancer fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 11, 2019

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Count Bleck posted:

He can have power and toughness equal to swamps you control, yeah.

So his stats are all stars?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

No Wave posted:

Out of the seven dwarves, I believe I'm the third strongest.

Ha ha ha. You've fought the strongest master of this mine, the second strongest master of this mine, the fourth strongest master of this mine, the fifth strongest master of this mine, the sixth strongest master of this mine, and the weakest master of this mine! I'm truly the third strongest master of this mine. Now you see the true advantage of being third!

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
To date Snow White you must first battle her seven evil ex dwarf-friends.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Boy Who Cried Wolf
2U
1/1

T: Goad target creature that does not have any tokens on it. Then place a +1/+1 counter on it.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

1G
Uncommon
1/1

All creatures able to block Boy Who Cried Wolf do so.

When Boy Who Cried Wolf dies, its controller creates a 2/2 green wolf creature token.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
To make fairy tales more adult for the setting of Eldraine we have decided to make Hansel and Gretel step siblings. The witch is also their step sister.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Boy Who Cries Wolf ETBs with 2 Belief counters on it.

T, remove a belief counter from ~this~: Target Opponent reveals the top card of their library. If it's a creature, give creatures you control a bonus.
1/1

He gets two chances to cry wolf and after that he can't even try

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Righteousness reprint

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

Food Golem.

you don't use vanilla extract to make gingerbread, 0/10

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Arcturas posted:

Boy Who Cried Wolf
2U
1/1

T: Goad target creature that does not have any tokens on it. Then place a +1/+1 counter on it.

Place a goad token in it, because it ain't falling for that again.

"Fool me once..."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

don't make me buy those stupid collector booster

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't think the gingerbread man is much more sillier than the golden goose or the other references they got in the set, maybe it clashes a bit with their camelot theme, that's all

puss in boots should have been a cat knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

little munchkin posted:

you don't use vanilla extract to make gingerbread, 0/10

Ah, but to make ginger BRUTE?!